Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

What should i do, with an eye on the future.

droptax

Hello Pure Warfare,

I joined this forum like a week ago, because i started a new pure after a while of having a life and not playing runescape.

Now that i joined this forum, i see alot of topics about the combat update that jagex is gonna release in a few months.

I've got a few questions of what you guys should do when you where me.

1: are they really gonna release it, or is there a possibility they aint gonna do it?

My current stats are 71 range, 40 att, 36 str, 55 magic and 44 pray.

2: should i just keep on doing range, so that i could turn range tanker when they gonna release the update?

Or just raise str and att lvls to?

3: also, is 44 pray a waste? someone told me , when i fight someone with the same combat lvl without prayer, i get owned bigtime.

Thanks in advantage.

Droptax

1. It's a pretty much given that they're going to realise it.

2. I wouldn't turn into a range tanker when the update comes. The combat calculation is your highest stat + your defence level +2. So a maxed range tank would be 200 combat (99 range+99 defence +2), like a maxed main would but without the benefit of melee. Honestly, I have no clue what builds are good and not in the new system but I know a range tank would equal a maxed main.

Therefore, sure, train your range but make sure it's not a dominant skill. If you're looking to play after the EoC, get 99 attack, strength, range, hp, prayer and leave your defence 1 until everyone's accustomed to what's good and what's bad there.

3. I'd get 44 pray, especially if your dominant stat is range lol.

Hope I cleared some stuff up.

Hi

1. They are set on it coming out.

2. I would definitely not become a tank, it is not effective in the new combat system. I would stay 1 def for now so when you know what build is good you can make your account that way.

3. 44 prayer for sure.

council1.gifProud Ex-High Council of Fatality

111127211342.png

I'd quit when the update comes.

For now, I'd just do what you're doing. Prayer is fine, low prayer is really only good for those low level range stakers, you do have higher hp, but you can't really do anything clan related without prayer. Rushers in p2p have a better chance to kill you without prayer.

I'd get your str up some, as I'm assuming you f2p pk, you'll want higher str when you range/2h.

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

• 1 month later...