Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

We now own a VPS

Karl

Oh ya, quick news, I got a VPS.

There may be some downtime whilst we switch over and the domain propagates, but this will happen in roughly 6-7 hours.

Have a nice day! I have to go to work now.

Oh, btw, any donations would be appreciated as it's costing me money :(

If you know about servers, here are the specs.

512MB RAM

70GB Space

450GB Bandwidth

cPanel

2 IP Addresses

Fully Managed

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

so for those who know nothing about computers and forums what does this mean

A VPS is a virtual private server, more powerful and efficient than the shared hosting we are currently on.

With the shared hosting, it's on a dedicated server, where we are given a certain amount of space and bandwidth.

A VPS allows us to have a certain amount of space and bandwidth, but then also allows us to utilise the RAM and CPU, thus letting us run TeamSpeak and ShoutCAST, and anything else we wish to use.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

No, far too many people use SwiftIRC because it's there. Most people wouldn't want to switch over.

I discussed this with some people passingly once and we came to the conclusion that a PureIRC would be very cool :P I agree though, may be pretty pointless

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

That, my friend, is actually an excellent idea.

I could do TS, but because of the Ventrilo licensing, I'm only allowed to have 8 slots (8 people) on it before paying for a full licence. I have no idea how much this is.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png