Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

December 10th, 2007.

Zell

December 10th, 2007 was a day many of us will remember as being a huge part of our RuneScape lives.

It was the day Fagex decided to put the overkill on Bots and change all of our lives.

In this thread: I want you to tell me how December 10th effected your Clan, and also what your first thoughts were upon hearing of the dissapearence of wilderness, and what you did in game when you got on to the wild-less RuneScape for the first time, what did you do when the shock wore off, did you un-subscribe* your membership? did you quit for awhile?

*As quoted on Wikipedia (I know, reliable source) a good 60,000 Membership Subscriptions were lost following December 10th.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

Ex-Founder of The Golden Gods
152c4s9.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three days before that day, we had won a full out which made us break the top10 with extremely low requirements. I honestly thought we had a bright future ahead of us so that was a huge shock. Gave it a week, hoping they would come back on their decision but they didn't.

I quit scape and went to play WoW.

[E]Bawb or Bawb[AFK] in #Epidemic.
Don't hesitate to PM if you need anything.

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

That weekend, I helped lead a multi clan vs 3 massers of which had 70-90 people in each massing clan, and we defended maze with 48 people(losing only 2). Let's say we were well equiped for the following aggrivating year of the Bounty Hunter. I think Thenameb0nd only has like 4 pictures of that day left on his computer, I'll have to get ahold of him. It was a good day to go, got people from EVERY clan to go, and to enjoy themselves with one last bang. (Though most of us didn't see it coming, mainly just me and few knew about the update to come)

I just can't get back into it like I used to be.

+1

That weekend, I helped lead a multi clan vs 3 massers of which had 70-90 people in each massing clan, and we defended maze with 48 people(losing only 2). Let's say we were well equiped for the following aggrivating year of the Bounty Hunter. I think Thenameb0nd only has like 4 pictures of that day left on his computer, I'll have to get ahold of him. It was a good day to go, got people from EVERY clan to go, and to enjoy themselves with one last bang. (Though most of us didn't see it coming, mainly just me and few knew about the update to come)

Isnt that when all of the clans were forming up teams and just owning Massers? I remember that, it was good fun.

I didn't know what a bot was then, So.... And wasn't really in a clan.

So, you didnt PK either?

152c4s9.jpg

So you didnt PK either?

I was taking a break from the game at the time — was either contemplating turning my range based pure into a tank with a friend or had just done so. Made a skiller and skilled for a while and decided to train up when they altered Bounty Hunter to single.

Omni is my one. My only.

was board, main got hacked 20-39def -.- got 40 + dslayer and already had 99strength anyway!

made 45m on f2p bher, bought a bgs, pvp came out, waisted 45m on it, botted banned.

**** my life

made a new pure, got it banned (autoing zanaris) made another pure and decided botting is bad for the blood.

god i should write a book.

mmflash123.gif

was board, main got hacked 20-39def -.- got 40 + dslayer and already had 99strength anyway!

made 45m on f2p bher, bought a bgs, pvp came out, waisted 45m on it, botted banned.

**** my life

made a new pure, got it banned (autoing zanaris) made another pure and decided botting is bad for the blood.

god i should write a book.

Lol'd :/ damn m8, sucks.

152c4s9.jpg

Thought Bh was the greatest update ever, had a fun first day with Cp, 6 straight hours, god knows how many guys in rune we killed, we didn't give a **** about losing the wild lol and I still think the entire Bh-era stretch for us was the most fun, fast paced warring and great rivalry time for Cp ever

But yeah eventually after that, when they took away worlds for bhing, it got bad but as you may/may not know we were a Bh clan and thought the wildy was a thing of a past before they took bh out aswell and had to work with PCL