Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Best Movie/Worst/Most Disappointing of 2009?

kosherkid

Best of '09: The Hangover/Zombieland

For me it was the Hangover. There aren't a lot of great comedies anymore that everyone can enjoy and this movie was exactly that. So consistent from beginning to end and it just makes me happy.

In a virtual tie with the Hangover was Zombieland. Zombieland was incredibly fun to watch. Not only is it funny (Woody Harrelson and Abigail Breslin are really funny in it) but the zombie action stands up with any zombie movie and the emotional parts weren't corny at all. I loved this movie. Loved it.

Honorable Mentions:

-Taken (Great action movie)

-Star Trek (Unlike the show it was... entertaining)

-Up (Pixar is the best. The best. They continue with this kinda dark and sadder movie)

-Inglorious Basterds (WWII movies are always great... this one is really refreshing and loads of fun)

-Harry Potter 6 (The only Harry Potter movie that can compete with the book)

-District 9 (This was incredible. Great action and really disturbing)

Worst of '09: Couples Retreat

There aren't a lot of movies where I think "Holy **** I am funnier than the entire writing team" but this was definitely one of em. The talent was really impressive (Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Kirsten Bell) but wow, couldn't be less funny.

Most Dissappointing: Year One

This movie had a lot of potential. Jack Black (Hilarious) Michael Cera (Awkward, Hilarious) seemed like a really creative comedy duo. Combine that with a really funny and original setting (caveman-esque time period) and I thought this was going to be a can't miss movie. Well... it was pretty ******. It seemed like it was so close to being a great movie but all the jokes and gags fell flat. I think if they re-did this movie it could be great.

Honorable Mentions:

-Transformers 2 (The first one was really funny and just a good time. This one was dogs ******* and Megan Fox being super hot. That's it.)

Best of '09: dragonball evolution

Honorable Mentions:

new moon

street fighter: legend of ***** li

jonas brothers

dance flick

Worst of '09: michael jackson: this is it

(he dead)

Most Dissappointing: the princess and the frog

(wtf were they thinking... protagonists can't be that color)

smd stfu fite me noob im snupdug king

Best of 2009

Star Trek

For me, Star Trek just barely edged out over Watchmen. It breathed new life into a series that's really been lacking polish for some time. The story was fun at times, serious in others and packed full of action along the way. The cast was absolutely wonderful. The differences in personality between Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock was half the fun of the movie. It was a great surprise to see Leonard Nimoy return to the stage. Overall it makes Trekkies and their fandom seem a bit more tangible. Maybe they're on to something after all.

Worst of 2009

Saw VI

OK, we understand how mentally unstable you are and how much fake blood you have stored away in the basement. There are very few series that deserve six movies and this is not one of them. Forgive me for mixing metaphors, but stop beating the dead cash cow and come up with something original.

Most Disappointing of 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The special effects were great and the acting, particularly with scenes depicting the awkwardness of teenage love, was brilliant. However, many key elements of the book were just completely left out of the film which left me annoyed as a fan of the series. I understand that they can't have a seven hour long movie, but when you take out important parts of the plot while adding in your own completely irrelevant scenes such as when Harry and company fight with Death Eaters at the Weasleys' house, time is no longer an excuse.

Muse-1.gif
She burns like the sun, and I can't look away.

Too many movies were released to even come close to covering them all, so I'll stick to the most popular films. (and obviously only films I've seen)

Best of 09:

Now these aren't my favorite films of the year, but I believe Pandorum and 2012 are somewhere in the top few. They both had excellent combinations of action, suspense, and drama. The story-lines were original and unique, and it's hard not to enjoy watching a struggling humanity prevail with a new beginning.

Honorable Mentions

Zombieland: If it's not the zombies that make you enjoy this film, the combination of comedy in it will certainly do the job. This film managed to be unique at the same time as being exactly what you want to see in a horror comedy. The humor was fresh and blended well with the occasional grieving, loneliness and closet depression of the main characters.

Paranormal Activity: If you can see past the obvious stunt they try to play of this being unedited footage, and enjoy the movie on its own, the story was well played out and built on the suspense very well. By the end of this one you might find yourself sympathizing with the torment this young couple were forced through.

Law Abiding Citizen: If not a bit far fetched, this movie has a legitimate point to get across and took enough dips and turns to keep you focused throughout the movie. Had a fair amount of action and really kept you guessing the whole way through.

Worst of 09:

Doghouse: Zombieland set a higher standard for horror-comedy, and seeing this after that really brought attention to all the cliche humor. The cliches may have been successful in Shaun Of The Dead, but definitely not this film.

Most Disappointing:

Funny people: I had high expectations of this film. Some of my favorite actors are in this one (Rogen, Sandler), and they played the parts well but the movie didn't live up the the standard of its title. It had it's moments, there was definitely decent humor throughout, but it was smothered by Sandler's clear-cut depression and family issues, which also contributed to a longer than necessary play time.

Fanboys: Being the closet Star Wars fan that I am, and after seeing the trailer for this film, I had high expectations. The humor had its moments and the storyline was feasible at best (considering it was a movie lol) but the script-writing had some major weak points that were hard to cover up. If this movie had been released 5 years ago, I'd give it a 10/10.

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

Question:

How is Year One considered disappointing? It had Michael Cera in it as a main character, no amount of Jack Black can undo the horrible acting by Michael Cera. He was funny in Superbad, then he played the same character in every single movie after that and I realized that I hate him.

Most disappointing has to be Funny People by far. It had Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen, looked hilarious and the title of the movie was Funny People and it failed to be very funny at all.

Site | #The_Hatred | Memberlist
animateduserbarthehatred.gif

Question:

How is Year One considered disappointing? It had Michael Cera in it as a main character, no amount of Jack Black can undo the horrible acting by Michael Cera. He was funny in Superbad, then he played the same character in every single movie after that and I realized that I hate him.

Most disappointing has to be Funny People by far. It had Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen, looked hilarious and the title of the movie was Funny People and it failed to be very funny at all.

Well I disagree on Michael Cera. If you like the character, you had really high hopes for the movie. If you didn't thats understandable.

But yeah you and Mark bring up Funny People, that had to be on the list as well. I mean it had soooo much hype being a Judd movie. I forgot it was an 09 movie.

Best: Hangover - Best comedy in recent years.

Worst: Sav VI - I still find myself watching it year after year and I haven't enjoyed any of them since the first 2.

Most Disappointing: Funny People - A movie with the word "funny" in it and Adam Sandler... that wasn't a comedy...

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

My Favorite movies of 2009:

1. District 9

2. Avatar

3. Star Trek

4. Inglorious Basterds

5. Up

Worst movie that I saw this year:

1. 2012

You're like google; you know everything.

Member of EOP 10 FEB. 2010
99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010
Legend of EOP 23 FEB. 2010
Elite Member of EOP 22 MARCH 2010
Quit EOP MAY 2010 - RETIRED
Member of EOP 12 JULY 2011

Best of '09: dragonball evolution

Honorable Mentions:

new moon

street fighter: legend of ***** li

jonas brothers

dance flick

Worst of '09: michael jackson: this is it

(he dead)

Most Dissappointing: the princess and the frog

(wtf were they thinking... protagonists can't be that color)

omg i agree with this man... but i think new moon should of been the best of '09.

smd stfu fite me noob im snupdug king

Best - Hangover - So funny, i loved every moment.

Ok - Taken - Had some good action scenes

Bad - This is it - Pointless

PS - I realllllllllllly want to watch Law Abiding Citizen!!!

Cake.png

2remiqu.png60 1zmpa4k.png99 2qjyxkm.png99 2ykese1.png99 10gh4wi.png52 2rx8q4m.png99

#1 Clan Leader & F2P Dmer

Bad:

Avatar - Basically a remake of 'FernGully', with shitloads of over-the-top effects.

The Hangover - Humour based on the concept that anything bizarre is funny.

You're such a pessimist lol

Those 2 would be my favs. Avatar breaking ground with graphical cinematography in Hollywood and Hangover for making my cheeks hurt from laughing

Ex FOE Co-Leader

foesig4yearsred.png

foechamps-1.gif[