Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Gmaul vs DDS vs Claws

Ray

Ok, I was bored so I decided to mathematically prove which weapon is best in a given situation.

When unloading your entire special attack bar on an enemy eating rocktails, what is the chance that you will kill them?

Fixed Values:

99 strength

Super Strength Potion

Ultimate Strength Prayer

Amulet of Strength

Adamant Gloves

Climbing Boots

Cannot miss

The entire special attack bar is used

Enemy is eating rocktails constantly

No phoenix necklaces or combo food

Input Variables:

Enemy's HP

Distribution curve of hits based on weapon (ie dds has a larger chance of hitting average than hitting very high or very low, while dclaws have the same chance of hitting any number)

Resulting Value:

The % chance to kill the enemy

Formulas:

Gmaul

% = 1-0.5(1+erf((hp-57)/(20.3*2^0.5))

DDS

% = 1-0.0625(1+erf((hp-33)/(14.3*2^0.5))(1+erf((hp-35.33)/(14.3*2^0.5))(1+erf((hp-37.67)/(14.3*2^0.5))(1+erf((hp-40)/(14.3*2^0.5))

Dclaws

% = 1-0.25(1+erf((hp-32)/18.9*2^0.5))(1+erf((hp-34.33)/18.9*2^0.5))

Results:

specweps.gif

Conclusion:

Based on this information, gmaul > dds > dclaws. This is only in this one given situation however. There are a lot of other factors in determining the best KO weapon as well. Gmaul has a higher delay time then dds and dclaws favoring dds and dclaws. Phoenix necklaces will affect the results favoring Gmaul and opposing Dclaws. Combo food will affect the rsults favoring Gmaul and opposing Dclaws. The enemy using weaker food would favor dds the most, followed by dclaws. The freedom to not use the entire spec bar favors dds the most, followed by dclaws. DDS has poison. In terms of accuracy, gmaul is the highest. The special attack of the DDS gives it a small accuracy bonus but it is inconclusive whether it is more accurate than Dclaws.

Overall, don't judge the power of the weapon based on this information alone. If I can find more time, I'll do calculations with every single scenario.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

Seems as if as your account progresses that you should go from claws -> dds -> maul.

I've never really had any luck with maul, but if you take a look at the chart you'll notice it is better generally on higher level characters as it has better percentages with higher hp whereas claws have better percentages with low hp.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

Tbh it depends on who uses them, what their stats are, what the enemy is wearing, etc.

Too many factors to conclude what weapon is best.

+1

Member of EOP 10 FEB. 2010
99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010
Legend of EOP 23 FEB. 2010
Elite Member of EOP 22 MARCH 2010
Quit EOP MAY 2010 - RETIRED
Member of EOP 12 JULY 2011

Someone has a little too much spare time :biggrin: .

Interesting post though.

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10

g maul is good for lower levels, only if you get a good spec.

d claws is for rich noobs.

dds is for pro's

bm16L.png

-Proud member of #TLP
-Proud former member of #Dpures

(14:27:02) <@Furious> Next season I hope there will be a "most biased and hated moderator award" I would hands down win it