Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Barbarian Assault Improvements

Karl

19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Some time ago, we released the minigame Barbarian Assault. From your feedback (and from playing the game ourselves) it’s become clear that the rewards were not quite up to scratch, so we have devoted some time to improving them. Although our focus has mainly been on the rewards, we also took this opportunity to alter some small aspects of the minigame itself (though we do also have a long list of other ideas for potential future updates).

The list of changes is extensive, but here are some of the main ones to whet your appetite:

• New Penance horn that lets you gain double XP in Agility, Firemaking and Mining (in a similar fashion to the tools from Stealing Creation).
  • New colours of abyssal whips.
  • New Penance trident weapon.
  • Penance armour stat improvement and Prayer restoring set bonus.
  • Penance gloves now reduce more weight.
  • Gamble points rebalanced (they still include a rare chance for dragon armour).
  • Ability to show off your achievements in the roles of attacker, defender, collector and healer.
  • High score tables for the attacker, defender, collector and healer roles.
  • Waiting rooms increased in size.
  • Additional wave room ticket system for saving progress through battles.
  • Blue penance eggs now reduce the target Penance’s stats and deal damage.

If you speak with Commander Connad at the Barbarian Outpost (you can teleport directly there with a games necklace) he’ll show you all the new rewards, which are also listed on the Barbarian Assault KB page.

Bring on the Penance!

In other news...

The various dwarves of RuneScape have had a visit from the Makeover Mage, who has given their chatheads a new look.

The Soul Wars cape from Nomad’s Requiem can now be stored in your POH costume room.

Activating your special attack bar will no longer interfere with auto-cast timing.

Players will no longer receive activity points in Soul Wars when bandaging players that are already at full health.

Because of the recent snow we've been having, snowballs have stayed frozen for a bit longer than usual. The snow has now gone, though, so you'll find your snowballs will now melt, unless you have the snow globe from the Christmas 2007 holiday event.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

no idea but they did on rs site it says 0 str bonus

So now the game is pretty much useless?

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

So now the game is pretty much useless?

they also nerfed claws, 55% spec taken just like the magic shortbow, the 0 str bonus is being fixed in a couple days because people complained

fireman.png

Ex-Omnicide Founder

**** you jagex. ffs now i cant afk soul wars. the torso thing seems pretty pointless. gf d claw rushers. back to using dds rich kids

ive heard from 2 sources that they were nerfed but i have yet to confirm it so yea lol

fireman.png

Ex-Omnicide Founder

(10:05:56) <+Hembuli> .ge dragon claws

(10:05:57) -[44]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: [M] Dragon Claws: 32m 33.70m 35.40m (Today: +582,900gp [+1.8%] 30 Day: -2,594,900gp [-7.7%] 90 Day: -5,695,300gp [-16.9%]) 180 Day: -1,112,100gp [-3.3%])

(10:05:57) -[44]RuneScript- *** [ GRAPHS ]: RS: http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=14484 RC: http://www.runecrypt.com/graph/14484

Don't think d claws are nerfed, but confirm me if I'm wrong.

10122007thedayrunescape.png

19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Players will no longer receive activity points in Soul Wars when bandaging players that are already at full health.

Gf :biggrin: .

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10

i still afk at soul wars , all you do is collect full set of bones and come back to ur respawn and bury when needed.

Do you get prayer exp?

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

Ehh. Stupid update imo.

TH IS MY ONE