Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

20 Defence.

Tom

Do you think it makes a difference in F2P? Do you think a clan relatively even with an opposing one but with more people with 20 defence has a large upper hand? Do you see 20 defence as unfair?

I have been in clans for around 4 years now and from personal experience i would say that 20 defence and mith armour makes a huge difference when it comes to the outcome of a war.

It does have its negatives such as not being able to run as much, but now with the explorer rings and rest feature even this is not even largely negative. The defence bonus is large with mith if using power amulet, staff, chaps + vams you are also less vunerable to binds than a 1 defence person.

I used to use an account named Il Crazed Il which was a high level'd pure and 20 defence, i hit the max in F2P with rune scim and had high attack to back it up. This is the only account i have ever played with 20 defence and guess what i used him for... Wars only. From experience with this account compared to the one i am using now, tanking was made so much easier, a complete new level of easy especially with pizzas and swordfish. Once in a mini-war with Ascendency it went to 2 Ascendency against me alone and i actually won, this was due to 20 defence. Obviously you have to be a skilled warrer aswell and anybody who can war will know that 20 defence makes a huge difference.

Post your thoughts on 20 defence and whether it really does make a difference, imo it makes a huge difference, bigger than everybody seems especially when used correctly.

I really dont mind 20 def, It dosnt bother me any, And it makes you a pro tank and can change the out come of any war like you said. With the mith, You can last alot longer in wars, And it makes it an overall improvement tbh.

I don't like 20 defence and believe the majority of organised clan fights should be 10(-) defence to simply discourage new pures from getting it. It doesn't really help with tanking and I'd much rather have my members binding than running around tanking anyhow.

29ygqrn.gif
Founder of The Dreaded and Malice.

I don't like 20 defence and believe the majority of organised clan fights should be 10(-) defence to simply discourage new pures from getting it. It doesn't really help with tanking and I'd much rather have my members binding than running around tanking anyhow.

But wouldnt them running around tanking keep the rest of the other clan from pileing you?

Im 20 defence, I hate being 20 defence but I have to deal with it. It can change the outcome of a war if you know how to hug/tank that is.

IRC Nick - [Derrick] Or [sI13]

Msg me On IRC if you need Help

tumblr_m1ntf75gDk1r91c75.gif

silent-1.png

To be honest, if the Pure Community started making a trend to ban 20 defence pures from clans, I'd happily go along with it. Pure has lost all of its meaning. Sure I have 5 defence but that was an accident. 20 defence, 30 defence, 35 defence. When will the idol clans start allowing 45 defence? I think 20 defence makes a huge difference and gives the opposing clan a huge disadvantage.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

I don't mind it, although I would rather people stick to the traditional one defense. It does give me an asset for me/my clan to blame if we lose a mini war or a run in. Nevertheless, in PCL era it proved to be a beneficial asset, although as I said I would prefer people to stick to tradition.

#mayhem-makers

OK, Yes it adds the extra def but you lose run quicker (negative) you "can" be binded easier (negative) not if I am in a mini I wear mith help and studded, gives some of the 20 def bonus but also better mage def bonus. It is all up to the clans.

Now I think low level clans with 20 def is stupid. But med or high should be no reason for flame.

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

OK, Yes it adds the extra def but you lose run quicker (negative) you "can" be binded easier (negative) not if I am in a mini I wear mith help and studded, gives some of the 20 def bonus but also better mage def bonus. It is all up to the clans.

Now I think low level clans with 20 def is stupid. But med or high should be no reason for flame.

Like i said,

'It does have its negatives such as not being able to run as much, but now with the explorer rings and rest feature even this is not even largely negative.'

i just hate seeing level 40s, 50s, and 60s with mith saying there pure. 40 60 20 is fail

this is true!

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

im 20 def some times it helps me in wars well most of the times but you have a 80% chance u'll get binded so idk

attackiconc.gif 60/60strengthicon.gif 80/99defenceicon.gif 1/1rangedicon.gif 90/99240wx9k.gif 99/99

Proud EX - DV Events Team

amg no more epidemic jokes!

Wat lol, we have possibly one of the lowest defence averages out of all clans, can you say the same for TLP? :lol:

20 defence does make a difference, but not as big as everyone makes out in big fights. I always try to get 1 defence fights to keep it "Fair" though.

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

Wcking saying that 20 def owns only because it saved Fi from falling many times when Fi was #1... In my opinion is best aid a pure can have but I hate having 20 defence cuz it mess's you up no matter how good tank you turn to.. And [M|Peter] is saying what I think.

geo.png
The Golden Gods
Interitus
Mayhem Makers
^Will always be in my heart.

Pures, missing since late '08.

It helps in minis. But in fullout wars, having 3-4 mithlords wont really change the outcome. But if 20+ have mith, then it might change the outcome. In 1v1 20 defence is useless in f2p because everyone no arms anyway. In p2p all the weapons hit through initate so it's not as great. Overall, it might save you a few times, but don't rely on it.

I'd say that in f2p 20 def is a great help in minis. If its a 5v5 lets say, and you have 2 20 defers they can just tank the whole time while the other 3 take out the other clan.

With this new bh though I think that you'll start seeing less and less 20-25 def.

Proud Ex-Leader of Carnage

Proud Ex-Manager of TLP

i just hate seeing level 40s, 50s, and 60s with mith saying there pure. 40 60 20 is fail

Many f2p pures find them selves in the situation where there 40 attack, 80+ str, 31 prayer or lower and low range and mage. And want to be able to help their clan the most but find training their high f2p stat hard and slow and not improving how they do in wars for their clan. So they simply get 10 to 20 defence to tank better.

So you'll be surprised how many lvl 60ish f2p pkers you'll find with 10 to 20 defence and still have decent stats.

But then I suppose getting Defence ruins the definition of a pure being," Maximum Offence and as low deffence as possible"

But back to topic 20 defence obviously does make you tank better in mini's but the real question is can 20 defence last long in a full out war when 30+ people will be piling you :P ?

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10