Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Save the Pure World

Ultra

152 members have voted

1. 1. Defence on pk trips?

• Yes, I am a Pure.
    • No, I got defence and will use it.
    • u mad bro LOL

I love how people keep saying 20-30 def is failed yet ***** about it every day. If it's failed why is it a problem? Cuz you know 20-30 def wrecks 1 def.

Proud Mith Lord. Embrace the Mith.

100308100808r.png

...cool

Just ditch the people with 20+ Def. back in the day people would be thrown to the curb IN A SECOND. Now its like a plus.

tumblr_m0kuye2P2Q1qiw6qpo1_500.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not a topic to whine about defence.

(REFRAIN FROM GOING OFF-TOPIC PLEASE)

but im not going to tell you what the topic is about either. you will have to figure out that one for yourself :)

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

no1s whining sir lamo.

this is not a topic to whine about defence. (REFRAIN FROM GOING OFF-TOPIC TY)

but im not going to tell you what the topic is about either. you will have to figure out that for yourself :) - PS nice teles lol

thanks :D pot pride. and I know what the topic is about. All I'm seeing is more whining about def.

otter.gif
hayley-williams.jpg

Refer to my 1st post. mainly i think its because being a pure, pking as a pure, is different from PKing in 20defence, defence is often gotten due to mistakes, and there are no reason for using mistakes as an excuse to get a cheap advantage.

Theres no reason to use your own personal gains to take away advantages from people who have chosen to/accidentally gained defence for black/mith/mystic/whatever. Oh nvm you're doing this to save the pure world...

we should take pride in the way our accounts are build for PKing. we are meant to use our offensive advantages, not our defensive ones. dealing damage and running from dmg instead of taking dmg as a tank is far superior with our type of accounts.

and im sure FOE/MM etc will prove the point

Most people use both offensive and defensive advantages in their PKing... or do you often PK without food/protection prayers and naked? Using 20- def armor is just another advantage along with those. If it was somehow impossible to PK a person in 10/20 def armor I'd understand your frustration, alas as far as I know it isn't.

furthermore i just think it would be fun to act 100% like pures. and i see no harm in doing it/trying it out atleast.

Perhaps it's fun to you, personally I love the extra variety 20- defence armor brings to clan PKing and warring especially in F2P... the fact that you have to consider what your opponent is wearing instead of blindly clicking at anyone in monk robes makes all the difference - funwise!

Pure clan PKing is worse than it was in the days, but it certainly has nothing to do with the traditions passed on from pure clan to pure clan for years, the definition of a 20- def pure. Instead it has everything to do with the recent (or not so recent) changes made by Jagex Ltd, as well as changes to the way pure clans fight each other, including returning/spying/crashing. I wonder who introduced those.

128250368099.gif

My personal opinion;

You can petition all that you wish. The fact will remain that people will not regulate this. No clan leader will be willing to spend 30 minutes, every time the clan must return/regroup, in order to ensure that nobody is wearing inappropriate items.

I also do not see why you are asking clans to give a clear-cut yes or no answer given the opinion of one member of that clan.

Omni is my one. My only.

Theres no reason to use your own personal gains to take away advantages from people who have chosen to/accidentally gained defence for black/mith/mystic/whatever. Oh nvm you're doing this to save the pure world...

i dont get it. my own personal gains..? which are? and this aint my topic. and saving the pure world is just to create attention.

Most people use both offensive and defensive advantages in their PKing... or do you often PK without food/protection prayers and naked? Using 20- def armor is just another advantage along with those. If it was somehow impossible to PK a person in 10/20 def armor I'd understand your frustration, alas as far as I know it isn't.

food is not a defensive advantage. its healing. prayer is also different from the deffensive advantages im reffering too, and also gives a significant OFFENSIVE bonus (prayer that is). the armour i wear is for offensive purposes. not defensive. its not about being possible to pk a guy in 20def gear. i thought i had already made it clear that this is far from the point.

Perhaps it's fun to you, personally I love the extra variety 20- defence armor brings to clan PKing and warring especially in F2P... the fact that you have to consider what your opponent is wearing instead of blindly clicking at anyone in monk robes makes all the difference - funwise!

Dont get me wrong, its not that i think 20def ruins the fun or anything. i just think it would be fun to try warring in 1def, and see the difference.

Pure clan PKing is worse than it was in the days, but it certainly has nothing to do with the traditions passed on from pure clan to pure clan for years, the definition of a 20- def pure. Instead it has everything to do with the recent (or not so recent) changes made by Jagex Ltd, as well as changes to the way pure clans fight each other, including returning/spying/crashing. I wonder who introduced those.

never said it had. and returning have always been there. just wasnt as easy back then. crashing happend occasionally aswell. i wouldnt say thats the difference. the main differences imo is the extreme map changes, the loot system, and for p2p, new items/prayers etc.

My personal opinion;

You can petition all that you wish. The fact will remain that people will not regulate this. No clan leader will be willing to spend 30 minutes, every time the clan must return/regroup, in order to ensure that nobody is wearing inappropriate items.

I also do not see why you are asking clans to give a clear-cut yes or no answer given the opinion of one member of that clan.

its for future use

food is not a defensive advantage. its healing. prayer is also different from the deffensive advantages im reffering too, and also gives a significant OFFENSIVE bonus (prayer that is). the armour i wear is for offensive purposes. not defensive. its not about being possible to pk a guy in 20def gear. i thought i had already made it clear that this is far from the point.

Healing is not a defensive advantage? Think again.

I don't know how FOE deals with equipment but as far as I know all clans encourage the use of defensive bonuses where possible; boots, leather vambs when binding, staffs and d'hide to tank and so on... it's common sense for a clan that likes to win their fights.

Dont get me wrong, its not that i think 20def ruins the fun or anything. i just think it would be fun to try warring in 1def, and see the difference.

This is not a new idea in any way, many clans (I know FI does) constantly war/mini in 1 def armor. To suggest what is essentially forbidding the use of other than 1 def armor entirely is another thing.

I still fail to see any use at all to the pure community as a whole from this. Don't get me wrong, I'm 1 def and I think 1 def is superior to any other defence levels, but the people promoting this idea have failed to present a single good reason for such a drastic change.

128250368099.gif

Healing is not a defensive advantage? Think again.

I don't know how FOE deals with equipment but as far as I know all clans encourage the use of defensive bonuses where possible; boots, leather vambs when binding, staffs and d'hide to tank and so on... it's common sense for a clan that likes to win their fights.

This is not a new idea in any way, many clans (I know FI does) constantly war/mini in 1 def armor. To suggest what is essentially forbidding the use of other than 1 def armor entirely is another thing.

I still fail to see any use at all to the pure community as a whole from this. Don't get me wrong, I'm 1 def and I think 1 def is superior to any other defence levels, but the people promoting this idea have failed to present a single good reason for such a drastic change.

defence is a factor that effects the enemies damage. in runescape, by accuracy. but healing is a completely other thing (as i see it). i might be wrong though, your welcome to explain to me why healing is a thing related to defence. (yeah i know that healing keeps you alive and is therefore a defensive mechanism so to speak. but what does it have to do with the defence skill in runescape?)

and yeah equipment.. obviously you use the best you can, as a pure.. but lets talk about leather for instance, something that relatively, makes no difference apart from the mental plus it gives knowing that your chances are optimized. and either way, it is 1 defence, the very basics. nothing extra, nothing aimed to get, no stats trained.

and this is not about essentially forbidding other clans using certain items. its upto each clan to decide what they want. this is merely an announcement of FOE's choice. and from my perspective, alot of fine reasons for doing this have been presented so far.

0,1«04020:04150:0421 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> lol

0,1«04020:04150:0434 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> let me see if theres a difference in warring first

0,1«04020:04150:0441 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> because there wont be imo

0,1«04020:04150:0443 PM0» <Zany> let you see?

0,1«04020:04150:0452 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> ya u want it right

0,1«04020:04150:0457 PM0» <Zany> there will be on an individual scale

0,1«04020:04160:0407 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> we're a clan, not individuals

0,1«04020:04170:0404 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> ya then why would you change it if it has been like this for over 5 years

0,1«04020:04170:0408 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> its just a hassle imo

0,1«04020:04170:0437 PM0» <04@[Fi]like_m0nk> or trying to set a rep that u are ''real pures'' and we are mains

I stil haven't gotten any good argruments, first you say it would make warring different, then you come up that it would make a difference individually while it's not just me fighting, its your clan.

And yet I still can't imagine how a fight would be so much different if there was no mithril, it would just be boring imo as nip said. Clicking on monk robes randomly.

But yeah, I'll shut up, I'd like to see it first.

oh with healing the same btw, if you eat a rocktail it heals more then a shark therefore you are more ''defensive''. If you'd only be aggressive you would only attack and not eat if you get what I mean.

#Fatality

209mwyg.gif

I stil haven't gotten any good argruments, first you say it would make warring different, then you come up that it would make a difference individually while it's not just me fighting, its your clan.

And yet I still can't imagine how a fight would be so much different if there was no mithril, it would just be boring imo as nip said. Clicking on monk robes randomly.

But yeah, I'll shut up, I'd like to see it first.

oh with healing the same btw, if you eat a rocktail it heals more then a shark therefore you are more ''defensive''. If you'd only be aggressive you would only attack and not eat if you get what I mean.

Well, when something has an impact of a large pecentage of the clans individual way of pking, the clan will have changed its ways aswell. it means the clan as a whole will have to fight exactly like pures, and not be able to use the advantages that comes with tanks.

ok you think this would be more boring, i think it would be more fun, personal preference i guess. best way i can explain my own view is that i enjoy fighting other pures over fighting mains like for instance HF. the concept of being a tank is in runescape equal to being a main, and i do not enjoy pking as a main. hence why i pk on my pure and not on my main. wielding mithril is a noob version of being a tank, ergo a tiny bit like pking as a main.

and yeah i get the healing thing.. but i dont see how it relate to our defence/armour debate.

so, if foe support this then why did you refuse 1 defence armour for our p2p fight in PCT3?

or have you recently seen the light and try to follow MM's example?

pureclan.png

I am the best pker in the world.

PROOF

so, if foe support this then why did you refuse 1 defence armour for our p2p fight in PCT3?

or have you recently seen the light and try to follow MM's example?

boom

:bomb_ie:

Signature is too large
[img=http://cdn2.maxim.com/blender/files/2009/06/08/roots/FlavorFlav_1a.jpg]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEdiots.

I will soon be in charge and it is time for change.

One defence level can change a pure.

If it can change a pure then it can change a team.

If it can change a team then it can change a clan.

If it can change a clan then it can change the pure world.

It is time for change. We can stay pures. We can stay one defence. Yes, we can.

defence is a factor that effects the enemies damage. in runescape, by accuracy. but healing is a completely other thing (as i see it). i might be wrong though, your welcome to explain to me why healing is a thing related to defence. (yeah i know that healing keeps you alive and is therefore a defensive mechanism so to speak. but what does it have to do with the defence skill in runescape?)

Defensive advantage != defence skill. Defensive advantages include being able to click fast, having a lot of people around you, and yeah, eating. The point isn't to argue about the meaning of the words, the point was my example that shows how eating helps you defensively just like defence bonus and how the use of both is common sense.

and yeah equipment.. obviously you use the best you can, as a pure.. but lets talk about leather for instance, something that relatively, makes no difference apart from the mental plus it gives knowing that your chances are optimized. and either way, it is 1 defence, the very basics. nothing extra, nothing aimed to get, no stats trained.

Having more defence bonus makes a difference, otherwise people wouldn't use it. I don't understand your second argument, on another occasion you said that this is about being proud of our skills, about being a pure (definition of which is and has been for 5 years 20- def).

and this is not about essentially forbidding other clans using certain items. its upto each clan to decide what they want. this is merely an announcement of FOE's choice. and from my perspective, alot of fine reasons for doing this have been presented so far.

"Merely an announcement"? Allow me to quote:

"Save the Pure World"

"Will you drop your mithril or adamant sets to help save the Pure World?"

"Clans who support:"

"Clans who do not support:"

"whats it gonna be FI, support or no support "

etc. etc.

You and I have a very different idea of what is "merely an announcement"

To me it seems that this is another attempt from FOE to pursuit their own gains and make other clans look bad, another attempt at making the pure community do something that offends half of its members or alternatively a very poor and biased presentation on an idea that brings nothing new to pure clan PKing, but rather downsizes the already poor selection of equipment that pure clans can use on fights.

128250368099.gif

Defensive advantage != defence skill. Defensive advantages include being able to click fast, having a lot of people around you, and yeah, eating. The point isn't to argue about the meaning of the words, the point was my example that shows how eating helps you defensively just like defence bonus and how the use of both is common sense.

In my eyes you cant compare hitpoints and defence like you are doing. i guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

Having more defence bonus makes a difference, otherwise people wouldn't use it. I don't understand your second argument, on another occasion you said that this is about being proud of our skills, about being a pure (definition of which is and has been for 5 years 20- def).

it makes a difference. just like 2 def makes a difference from 1 def. but what actual difference does it make? when it comes to it, how big is that difference? i was abit bleh when typing that argument because i think arguing leather as armour is a joke. and again, its the very basics, its 1 defence, it has no negative weight effect or negative offensive effect like mithril armour has. and yes one of the reasons we should do this is in my opinion to be proud of the type of pkers we are, and not act like mains just because we got a few def lvls.

You and I have a very different idea of what is "merely an announcement"

To me it seems that this is another attempt from FOE to pursuit their own gains and make other clans look bad, another attempt at making the pure community do something that offends half of its members or alternatively a very poor and biased presentation on an idea that brings nothing new to pure clan PKing, but rather downsizes the already poor selection of equipment that pure clans can use on fights.

yeah i meant to say it 'WAS' just an announcement lol. now it got extended to this. but still, its not directly an attempt of making other clans look bad. we believe in this, we are proud of being pures, we want to act & pk a 100% like pures, and would love for other clans to follow us. whats wrong with that? you like how it already is, you are happy for that, so you fight for it to stay that way? nothing wrong with that either.

This will re-define pure to what it really is, brilliant idea I fully support even though i'm 1 defence anyway.

Lets face it theres nothing more fair than everybody wearing robes.

Fi not just giving a straight up opinion is what's making this topic such a big thing, i suggest that even though you ARE 20defence wear 1 def gear on pk trips, is the real question. FOE is trying to help the community, not expand it to the 40-70defence lords that WILL come if we don't stop with this addy daddy ********. :bunny:

dipsy.png