Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Save the Pure World

Ultra

152 members have voted

1. 1. Defence on pk trips?

• Yes, I am a Pure.
    • No, I got defence and will use it.
    • u mad bro LOL

I refuse to go to any pk trip where I cant utilize my 20 def armor. I cant hit a lot of people in lower level clans such as DP, because of the way I built my account. If Im not going to be able to hit them I want to at least use the bonus' I got for myself. I know Im not the only one who is thinking this, Im just the one with the balls to say it.

Mithril Pride

R.I.P. Epidemic 2/4/2010

Ily [Coz]<3

e7o30z.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to go to any pk trip where I cant utilize my 20 def armor. I cant hit a lot of people in lower level clans such as DP, because of the way I built my account. If Im not going to be able to hit them I want to at least use the bonus' I got for myself. I know Im not the only one who is thinking this, Im just the one with the balls to say it.

Mithril Pride

agreed, but just how high is your defence? im sure 20-25defence pures could hit pures in DP no problem, or even spec out Rob of DP no problem, unless your defence is 40-70 then im Suree you could hit at least 7-8 people in every clan you run into on your trips..

dipsy.png

Mithril Pride

i ******* hate kids like you.

1 def for life

westyhottestmember.png
westysig.png

agreed, but just how high is your defence? im sure 20-25defence pures could hit pures in DP no problem, or even spec out Rob of DP no problem, unless your defence is 40-70 then im Suree you could hit at least 7-8 people in every clan you run into on your trips..

im 91 combat (99 str, 95 hp, 99 range, 94 mage, 20 ******* def) and I can really only hit half of their members in low level wild fights.

Im not trying to call out DP they are just the first clan that came to mind

R.I.P. Epidemic 2/4/2010

Ily [Coz]<3

e7o30z.jpg

In my eyes you cant compare hitpoints and defence like you are doing. i guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

I could've just as well used the example of tying your left hand behind your back when you PK, the point isn't whether it has anything to do with the defence skill, the point is that there's no point PKing like that. You can try if you want.

it makes a difference. just like 2 def makes a difference from 1 def. but what actual difference does it make? when it comes to it, how big is that difference? i was abit bleh when typing that argument because i think arguing leather as armour is a joke. and again, its the very basics, its 1 defence, it has no negative weight effect or negative offensive effect like mithril armour has. and yes one of the reasons we should do this is in my opinion to be proud of the type of pkers we are, and not act like mains just because we got a few def lvls.

As I already said, it makes a big enough difference that pure clans make use of it. Mains have nothing to do with this, the definition of a pure is and was 20- defence. Some of the best and most famous pures are 20 defence and use 20 defence when PKing, theres no reason why the definition should suddently change, other than whatever personal purposes you/FOE may have.

yeah i meant to say it 'WAS' just an announcement lol. now it got extended to this. but still, its not directly an attempt of making other clans look bad. we believe in this, we are proud of being pures, we want to act & pk a 100% like pures, and would love for other clans to follow us. whats wrong with that? you like how it already is, you are happy for that, so you fight for it to stay that way? nothing wrong with that either.

I can't believe you're still saying it was just an announcement... it was clear the minute this topic was posted that it was nothing of the kind. I've been acting and PKing like a pure for 5+ years, this includes all defence levels between 1 and 20 on several accounts. If I had a 20 defence account I'd call it pure 'til the end of RS2, and I'm sure that many other pures wouldn't like to be characterized as mains either.

If it's up to me FOE can PK in whatever the **** they want, I couldn't care less. If you want you can all get 40 def and start using rune. But I'd appreciate if I didn't have to see any more topics where you supposingly present an idea, but in effect only promote your clan in the expense of other clans, and even go as far as to make immidiate false assumptions on the participance of the other clans.

128250368099.gif

mithril does nothing but give defence bonus so are you ready to drop your armour?

So technically, with an account unlocking ancient curses or the hand cannon can still be considered pure??

Sry but jagex is gunna **** 1 def pures over sooner or later. No point creating useless topics bout saving a dying breed.

P.S. I do own a low def acc with 1 maxed out stats, but I am not fond of it.. really.

bro honestly, 20defence gear isn't fair against 1-5def pures, the same thing goes for 30defence on 20defence. yes 20def isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but 30defence is whats Wrecking our pure clans nowadays, sure we don't have your vote but your just one person also. whats the point of 20defence nowadays? 30defence makes it so it's impossible for the 20defs to even wanna go into pvp, all the 30def have the new prays true? :bunny:

1 Def for life.

dipsy.png

bro honestly, 20defence gear isn't fair against 1-5def pures, the same thing goes for 30defence on 20defence. yes 20def isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but 30defence is whats Wrecking our pure clans nowadays, sure we don't have your vote but your just one person also. whats the point of 20defence nowadays? 30defence makes it so it's impossible for the 20defs to even wanna go into pvp, all the 30def have the new prays true? :bunny:

1 Def for life.

Fair? Its not fault you dont want get 20 def.

Lets say we are in a fight, and I am a black belt in judo, where as you have never taken a matrial arts class. I am not allowed to use my judo moves on you? Nah idiot. Mithril.

R.I.P. Epidemic 2/4/2010

Ily [Coz]<3

e7o30z.jpg

Your poll makes no sense. Lets take a look.

Defence on pk trips?

- Yes, I am a Pure. ( You want people to use 1 def. You concider pure as 1 def. Then why would these true pures say yes on wearing def armour etc. if they are TRUE pures (1 def)?

- No, I got defence and will use it. (They don't want to use defence on pk trips but DID get defence to use it) What lol?

Makes no sense lol.

The pure community has accepted -20 def for a long time. Don't see why it should change now. Although I would like to see how 1 def trips would turn out. Everybody is equal gear wise. But then it's up to stats/organisation wise. In which MM and Foe will dominate mainly since they have huge stat advantages over other clans.

Some clans do use their defence because other clans have better offensive stats. Their defence helps them vs the opponents high offensive stats.

heartline8.gif

I could've just as well used the example of tying your left hand behind your back when you PK, the point isn't whether it has anything to do with the defence skill, the point is that there's no point PKing like that. You can try if you want.

this is really going nowhere. completely misunderstood on both parts probably.. are you saying that there is no point in pking in 1def gear and that not using 20def armour is like tying ur left hand behind ur back or not using foods? because that doesnt make any sense.

As I already said, it makes a big enough difference that pure clans make use of it. Mains have nothing to do with this, the definition of a pure is and was 20- defence. Some of the best and most famous pures are 20 defence and use 20 defence when PKing, theres no reason why the definition should suddently change, other than whatever personal purposes you/FOE may have.

the 'big enough' difference in using leather is nowhere near the difference using mithril is. small things makes a difference as they add up, and we aim for perfection. but theres still a looooong road from that and to using mithril, addy, etc.

and again, i repeat, this has nothing to do with definitions or essential forbiddings.

I can't believe you're still saying it was just an announcement... it was clear the minute this topic was posted that it was nothing of the kind. I've been acting and PKing like a pure for 5+ years, this includes all defence levels between 1 and 20 on several accounts. If I had a 20 defence account I'd call it pure 'til the end of RS2, and I'm sure that many other pures wouldn't like to be characterized as mains either.

If it's up to me FOE can PK in whatever the **** they want, I couldn't care less. If you want you can all get 40 def and start using rune. But I'd appreciate if I didn't have to see any more topics where you supposingly present an idea, but in effect only promote your clan in the expense of other clans, and even go as far as to make immidiate false assumptions on the participance of the other clans.

i thought that it WAS an announcement with the hopeful intention of other clans joining us, nothing more.

but i didnt see it as a way of calling out clans who prefers using mithril/addy.

and any clan-announcement topic is a sort of promotional topic, even a fullout-war topic is promotional... so what? we're mainly promoting 1 defence, the essence of being pure. a clan like MM would benefit alot more from this than FOE if all clans would follow up. and we are not promoting anything in the expense of other clans, but ofc it comes automaticly if someone wants to wear 1def and would prefer MM over FI for instance, same goes the other way around if a 20def is looking for a clan. why is it that you feel threatened by us doing this though? who knows you might even get 20def apps from foe in the future.

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

Mithril Pride

Us mith lord's will not tolerate this sense of inferiority that these 1 def kids have tried to force onto us!

Mithril Pride

otter.gif
hayley-williams.jpg

so wait.. 1-19 def pure and 20-99 = main?

lolll

also I am not above 5 def but I never have to fight 20 deffers without a huge statistic advantage on my part "10+ hp str range etc etc" so why we not liek 20? 20 have to fight real mains in edgy with 200+ def bonuses more + atk bonuses so why do we cryyyyy

WHYYYYYYYYYY

tlpsplat2wv6.png

wont change, there will always be clans such as fi and tlp etc who will not support or are too stubborn to fight other clans on a even playing field

Gl with this

257oqdz.png

Proud Ex-Dv Co Leader ~~0wnage__pks~~

R o y al

99/99 Range
94/99 Mage
98/99 Str
75/75 Atk
89/99 hp

this is really going nowhere. completely misunderstood on both parts probably.. are you saying that there is no point in pking in 1def gear and that not using 20def armour is like tying ur left hand behind ur back or not using foods? because that doesnt make any sense.

I didn't say anything about 1 def gear. Giving away advantages you have, like def bonuses, is like making your PKing harder in other ways, like tying your hand behind your back or not using food. Understand?

the 'big enough' difference in using leather is nowhere near the difference using mithril is. small things makes a difference as they add up, and we aim for perfection. but theres still a looooong road from that and to using mithril, addy, etc.

and again, i repeat, this has nothing to do with definitions or essential forbiddings.

Well, first theres leather, then theres iron, then theres steel black and mith... who draws the line? You? Nty. Rather I'll have the line drawn where it's always been drawn in the history of pures in RS2 (and in most parts in RSC).

i thought that it WAS an announcement with the hopeful intention of other clans joining us, nothing more.

but i didnt see it as a way of calling out clans who prefers using mithril/addy.

and any clan-announcement topic is a sort of promotional topic, even a fullout-war topic is promotional... so what? we're mainly promoting 1 defence, the essence of being pure. a clan like MM would benefit alot more from this than FOE if all clans would follow up. and we are not promoting anything in the expense of other clans, but ofc it comes automaticly if someone wants to wear 1def and would prefer MM over FI for instance, same goes the other way around if a 20def is looking for a clan. why is it that you feel threatened by us doing this though? who knows you might even get 20def apps from foe in the future.

I'm clanless and retired, I don't feel threatened by anything. I don't feel the need of dividing clans to 1 def clans, 5 def clans, 10 def clans and 20 def clans, or even 30 def clans... the system works quite fine as it is, with all defence level pures fighting each other. The amount of 30 def pures is minimal in pure clans, and I don't see it as a rising trend.

128250368099.gif

im 10 def so i guess i owned ur suggestion

29z3rpv.gif

Our fight was epic.

Control #1 Med

Accepted To Control 12/10/10
Promoted to Officer Of Control 12/28/10
Promoted to Warlord Of Control 5/1/2011

Founder of Hate - 2k14

Leader of Trauma - 2k14

105317-fun-coupons-wolf-of-wall-stree-UF

It would be nice to see, but personally I don't think it will ever happen. Basically I don't give a **** about runescape, or it's future, because really it's just ruining our lives anyways, and it's just a stupid game that 75% of us are probably trying to quit. Not so much ruining our lives I guess, but it's a pointless game filled with many opinions, many flames, and a shitload of drama. I sometimes wish I stayed 1 defence, but it's too late now. In my opinion those who got defence, got it because they wanted to, therefore they will continue to use it to their advantage. FOE never had a problem with 20 defence for ages, why do you care all of a sudden? Whether everyone wears robes or not, that doesn't mean anything....they are still 20 defence, just because they don't wear mith doesn't make them more "pure"...because in reality their account still has 20 defence.

If you want to have 1 defence run-ins, then ask clans to set up events with a 1 defence cap, theres that many people with 20 defence nowadays that you simply cannot just block them off from wearing mithril, or black armour, etc. I agree that addy is a bit too much, but as for mithril, nobody ever had a problem with it before, FOE has alot of 20 defence, and so does every other clan.

The way the pure community is going now, it's just getting worst and worst...and it will continue to do so. I am glad it's going downhill because quite frankly, it will make it easier for me to quit this **** game, along with departing from this **** community. Face it, pking died like 2 years ago, and runescape will never be the same as it once was....NEVER. Even if people decided to wear 1 defence gear to pk run-ins on saturdays and whatnot, it wouldn't stop those 20 defence pures from wearing their 20 defence bonuses while solo pking....and that is something you CANNOT stop.

If I were you, i'd focus on your future in real life, rather than focusing on the future of Runescape.

Amen.

thekingu.png

im 91 combat (99 str, 95 hp, 99 range, 94 mage, 20 ******* def) and I can really only hit half of their members in low level wild fights.

Im not trying to call out DP they are just the first clan that came to mind

??

Why would you WANT to be 20 defence and 91 combat, must be ******* **** for everything except tanking in PURE wars