Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Xbox Vs PS3

Jacob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think that Xbox is like a PC, PS3 is like a Mac.

A year ago, it was obvious that Xbox was better; better games, more community, etc. etc.

But now PS3 is starting to gain ground, and personally, I think it's better. A PS3 has Wi-Fi (no ethernet cable needed), free access to the Playstation Network (so you don't have to pay like you do for Xbox Live), not to mention the 360's high failure rate.

And then, the PS3 has just as many GOOD exclusives, if not more, than the 360. GOW3, MGS4, Littlebig Planet, inFamous, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (which is coming out with a sequel), Resistance 2, and there's so many more.

Fanboy :banana:

I've never liked any playstation. I played ps1 and ps2, disliked the controllers. Then, I played ps3 and the controllers were a little better but I disliked the weak analog sticks (They seem to break after a month of playing).

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> its a fun mini war..

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> no one knew no single

Which do you like the most? I'm more of a ps3 guy, even though i dont even own one. Games that are exclusive to xbox like gears of war and halo, i really find them boring. Xbox live is 30-40 pounds a year to go online? PS3 is free. Plus i see better graphics on the ps3, but that might just be me.

Anywho, what do you think is best and why. Plus, is there any point buying one of those consoles beyond the end of this year, or is it worth waiting it out for the next gen. consoles to arrive?

Well the problem with PS3's online is that it seems to be under maintenance 24/7 and there is NO ONE playing online. What's the point of free online when no one will play it?

Go watch the Zero Punctuation video on the console wars, I'm in somewhat of an agreement as Yahtzee.

Anyway, at this stage there's no noticeable difference in the graphics. It's like saying Blue Ray is better than DvD - Show me the difference.

Edit: Although, his case mentions the 'gremlins' which come with the Xbox 360, they are far more durable now so they are the clear favourite of mine.

Yahtzee Crenshaw ftw.

n64

This is the correct answer above all.

-------------

Anyways I'd say xBox is better only because it has more people. The games seem the same to be honest (Xbox and PS3 have about the same amount of solid exclusives), the DVD to me is better because I have more DVDs (there is no difference between DVD and Blu-Ray) and lets be honest... the avatars on the Xbox make you either look like a raging **** or a hipster.

Xbox has more peeps and therefore a better online community. I say Xbox wins.

Well I have 360 and I love it, love xbox live but I loved my ps2, havent actually played a ps3 before but I reckon it would be alright but I have to go with the 360 <3

Ex Malice Council.
Ex The Dreaded Noble
Ex Epidemic Member
Proud The Hatred Member.
eventsarchvies.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rofl you kiddos need to do some research, Xbox 360 sucks a huge **** in comparison to PS3.

Ps3 has no red ring of failed machinery.

360 is now using a lost HD format, while PS3 comes loaded with Blu-ray

All the 360 does is appeal to FPS gamers so they lost a huge margin or profit, not to mention, for everyone saying 360 has better games, The game of the year was a PS3 exclusive.

Ps3 has a decent web browser with working java, and flash plugin support.

The PS3 does not require a $100 accessory to connect wirelessly

The PS3 connects at 1000 (gig-e) speed over wired ethernet, where the 360 is only 100Mega-bit. GOOD FIGHT LMAO.

The PS3 network doesn’t have any issues with future upgrades in the hardware. If you were on xbox live with the legacy xbox, migrating to the 360 means you cannot loging to your old xbox with those credentials. All your old live-games that are not compatible with the new 360 controller are junk.

To follow up the last point, the PS3 has excellent reverse compatibility. The first generation PS3’s had hardware support, and the later generations still play all yoru old ps2 games in software emulation, which is what the 360 does, but unlike them our support works since we didn’t change the controller layout.

Sony doesn’t charge a subscription fee to get on their network, or to play network games. Microsoft charges either a yearly subscription or monthly, and it’s a tiered system where if you pay extra for gold, you get some more of what Sony provides for free.

It has the six-axis, the soon to be in-game XMB, the cell broadband engine, if you need more specs do some reading of your own. Xbox can't compete with the ps3 and in doing so is going to need to make a new system that will most likely be more expensive than the PS3 and not as good.

Sony has been in the game console business a lot longer than Microsoft, they have expert game developers and infinite technology knowledge allowing them to produce the slickest machine out there.

41 Million people, own a Ps2 and will be looking for an upgrade.

The user interface of the XMB is fantastically well thought out, especially compared with the disasterous 360 dashboard.

The 360 sounds like a jet plane soaring, the ps3 stays nice and quiet.

all in all the Ps3 rapes the 360 their margin are already closing to favor the ps3 more and more and sooner or later the 360 will be unable to compete, the ps3 is the next gen console.

craig_sig_finished.gif

ps3 has better graphics and free internet why would u need anything else to proove the ps3 is better :biggrin:

Proud to have been the co-leader of Devastation

Proud To have been The high council of Fatality

Proud Legend of Fatality

Retired as off 23-4-2011

tpe1.png

tpe2.pngtpe3.pngtpe4.png

• 2 weeks later...