Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Lebron forfeits legacy, heads to Miami

Volt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still a Cleveland Fan with out Lebron on the the team so ye. Ima be watchin every Miami game tho cuz its gunna be some funny ****

IRC Nick - [Derrick] Or [sI13]

Msg me On IRC if you need Help

tumblr_m1ntf75gDk1r91c75.gif

silent-1.png

1) Wade plays totally different from Kobe, and he's got more of an injury history. And yes, Kobe's 32, but Wade would have to play until he's 35 to win 7. No way he does that at a high level.

2) Lebron and Wade don't compliment each other in any way. We'll have to see how well they play together (please don't mention the Olympics)

3) If your team is relying on 3 players like that, it means all 3 will have to play major minutes. If one goes down (especially Bosh), they'll be in trouble in the playoffs. Any two of those guys + 5million player + minimum salaries =/= championship.

I can see these guys being very scary in a couple years once they're able to use things like the MLE, but for now, while the media is calling them the favorites, I don't think they will beat the Celtics, or the Lakers. Even the Bulls have a chance.

1) Na, they played the same. You are comparing current Wade to injured Kobe that does more head fakes and doesn't attack the rim as hard. You think Kobe is the only one that can adjust his playing style as he gets older? Na Wade and Lebron can do the same thing, that's why they're superstars.

2) Yes they do. Of course, they have to change their playing styles a little for it to work. Lebron probably has to be more of a distrubitor and Wade the finisher, but if you have to defend Wade and Lebron on the court at the same time, the other team is going to have troubles.

3) The Lakers don't rely on Kobe and Gasol, the Celtics don't rly on the big 3+Rondo, the Mavs don't rely on Dirk... O wait they all do. You basically said the team's best players shouldn't be playing major minutes. You're attacking their depth when they haven't even filled their roster yet. At the moment, anyone can see that they're outmatched by the Lakers because of bigs, but it's not hard to get guys to sign for the vet min to play with those 3 and win a ring.

They'll crush the Celtics, that's not even a contest in a 7 games series. Bulls could be interesting, but would favor the Heat. The Lakers are still on top, won't argue with that until they start playing the game and fill their roster.

He needs a ring to even be compared to Kobe.

2jcdnj8.jpg

Lol'd. I might Photoshop that face onto Pat Riley

1) Na, they played the same. You are comparing current Wade to injured Kobe that does more head fakes and doesn't attack the rim as hard. You think Kobe is the only one that can adjust his playing style as he gets older? Na Wade and Lebron can do the same thing, that's why they're superstars.

2) Yes they do. Of course, they have to change their playing styles a little for it to work. Lebron probably has to be more of a distrubitor and Wade the finisher, but if you have to defend Wade and Lebron on the court at the same time, the other team is going to have troubles.

3) The Lakers don't rely on Kobe and Gasol, the Celtics don't rly on the big 3+Rondo, the Mavs don't rely on Dirk... O wait they all do. You basically said the team's best players shouldn't be playing major minutes. You're attacking their depth when they haven't even filled their roster yet. At the moment, anyone can see that they're outmatched by the Lakers because of bigs, but it's not hard to get guys to sign for the vet min to play with those 3 and win a ring.

They'll crush the Celtics, that's not even a contest in a 7 games series. Bulls could be interesting, but would favor the Heat. The Lakers are still on top, won't argue with that until they start playing the game and fill their roster.

1) The difference is that Kobe was always an elite jump-shooter. Wade isn't. 'Adjusting' his game to take more jumpshots than at-rim shots was merely a matter of switching volume, Wade would have to improve significantly as a shooter once his explosion left his legs.

And that still doesn't answer the point that there hasn't been a 33+ year old player who was an offensive centerpiece on a championship team since MJ.

2) That's exactly my point, they'd have to change their playing styles for it to work. It's not a knock against their potential, only an observation.

3) This point is blatantly false. The Lakers wouldn't have won without the contributions of Artest and Fisher. The Celtics relied on their starting 5, plus their entire bench (Perkins' defense, Big Baby's finishing, Tony Allen's defense, etc.). The Mavs aren't a championship contender, so I don't see what your point is bringing them up.

If you're going to sign minimum salary guys (lol, Juwan Howard), there's going to be a massive bench disparity between the Heat and their rivals. Like I said, if Bosh, Wade, or (most importantly) Lebron go down, they're through. End of story, there's not really any combination of minimum salary players who can equal the production of any of those 3. All 3 of those guys are going to play 40+ MPG, so I don't think they'll win a championship until they get the MLE and other exceptions

I didn't say your best player(s) shouldn't play major minutes, I said that your 3 best players shouldn't be responsible for 90% of your offensive load.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I agree with Volt.

1.) No way the Lakers win without Fisher and Artest, no way the Celtics get as close as they did without Rondo, Perkins, Davis, and Allen.

2.) There is no way the Heat are going to win when they have to rely on 3 players for a major chunk of their offense.

rj3yo6.png

zml077.jpg

I agree with Volt.

1.) No way the Lakers win without Fisher and Artest, no way the Celtics get as close as they did without Rondo, Perkins, Davis, and Allen.

2.) There is no way the Heat are going to win when they have to rely on 3 players for a major chunk of their offense.

3 super-stars, they're going to be more than fine. Udonis Haslem is just as valuable as Perkins or Big Baby. Rondo and Allen are not role players, well maybe Allen, but Rondo is not a role player.

I'll make it simple for you. They have 2 and a half Kobes (Bosh counts as a half in my book) with not as good of a bench. It balances out fine as long as they find the right pieces for the bench, they don't need an Artest. They've done well so far with Miller and Haslem, although I think Miller is not worth the money he got.

I'll make it simple for you. They have 2 and a half Kobes (Bosh counts as a half in my book) with not as good of a bench. It balances out fine as long as they find the right pieces for the bench, they don't need an Artest. They've done well so far with Miller and Haslem, although I think Miller is not worth the money he got.

2.5 Kobe's wouldn't be as good as Kobe + Shaq. Talent isn't the only thing needed to win. The '96 Bulls didn't win because they had MJ, Drexler, and Hakeem all on the same team, they're the greatest team ever because of their chemistry and ability at every position.

Here's an interesting quote regarding the original topic:

"I don't want to go ringchasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion."

- Lebron James, 2006

koolssigcopy.png

sig4resized.jpg

2.5 Kobe's wouldn't be as good as Kobe + Shaq. Talent isn't the only thing needed to win. The '96 Bulls didn't win because they had MJ, Drexler, and Hakeem all on the same team, they're the greatest team ever because of their chemistry and ability at every position.

Here's an interesting quote regarding the original topic:

"I don't want to go ringchasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion."

- Lebron James, 2006

You have yet to see them play in an NBA game, yet you criticize their chemistry. Great players can figure it out.

Nothing like this has ever happened before (ever), yet you're so sure they'll 'figure it out'.

And you're so sure they won't :whistling:

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

Nothing like this has ever happened before (ever), yet you're so sure they'll 'figure it out'.

The olympic squad, while a different situation, still is comparable because of talent. They figured it out. It's not hard to see. They all realize they have to play a little differently for it to work, and they're all smart enough to do it. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to play together efficiently. Your reasoning is only based on that they were all their previous team's primary scorer.

HOW ABOUT WE ALL JUST SHUT THE **** UP AND PUT THIS TOPIC ON HOLD UNTIL THE SEASON STARTS

**** that ****.

And you're so sure they won't :whistling:

Revolving door?

The olympic squad, while a different situation, still is comparable because of talent. They figured it out. It's not hard to see. They all realize they have to play a little differently for it to work, and they're all smart enough to do it. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to play together efficiently. Your reasoning is only based on that they were all their previous team's primary scorer.

No, that's not my reasoning...cbf to explain it again.

I probably have to tone my skepticism down a bit, it's obvious a team like this would be unstoppable on the open court. Defensively, the only chance you have at stopping a team like that is 1) severely cutting down turnovers and 2) dominating the offensive glass. The first will be very difficult, but I can see a team like the Lakers or the Bulls doing #2. Man, I wish Flip Saunders was coaching a team with defensive players like the old Pistons...

The list of teams I believe have a chance at beating the Heat:

Boston - Yes, Boston...above average defenders at every position, plus their good defensive bench. Rotating players on defense will be key

Lakers - I could go in depth here, but I'll just say they're still the best team in the league until proven otherwise

Bulls - Homerism *shrug*. Potentially the best rebounding frontcourt/team in the league, plus I'm very high on Rose

Orlando - If they got hot...they could probably beat everybody.

koolssigcopy.png

sig4resized.jpg