Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Help me save my files! (Portable Hard Drive Issues)

Tom N Eto

Earlier in the year I posted a topic about portable hard drives and what one I should buy. Well I bought one a few months back and it's a 750GB Western Digital external hard drive. When buying it I asked the shop assistant if I could simply copy and paste the files to and from the hard drive with my computer like a USB stick. She said yes so I followed those instructions. Copy and pasting my files to the computer with no problems.

After reformatting my computer I'm having huge problems with retrieving my files. Directly entering the Hard Drive folder (like a USB sitck) makes maneuvering around the folder difficult as it has massive delays and slows. To right click a folder I have to wait literally over a minute for it to load the option to "copy it".

I can retrieve the odd file or two off the hard drive often it freezes half way through transferring the file back on to the computer. Transferring an album (approx 60MB) can take anywhere between 10-40minutes and if it freezes I don't even retrieve all the files. As you can see this is very time consuming and I've attempted copying all the files and pasting them back onto my computer but the "x minutes remaining" eventually freezes and my files get no where.

I know this can be fixed most-likely by properly "backing up and retrieving" the files using the application attached to the hard drive but it's too late now. It doesn't let me retrieve the files using their application so I have to do it manually :(.

Anyone know how I can save my files other than the way I'm doing it now? It's going to take forever. :confused:

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

• 2 weeks later...