Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

TeamSpeak 3

Karl

Okay, I'm pretty amazing and I've helped 2 clans out so far with this, IR and CPR. So why not help out more?

According to TeamSpeak's website, you can get a 512 slot teamspeak server for free as all clans are classed as a non-profit organisation.

Taken directly from TeamSpeak's website:

Non-Profit License registration is for NON-PROFIT entities who wish to increase their TeamSpeak 3 Server's capacity to allow a maximum of 10 virtual servers and 512 slots. Non-profit entities include but are not limited to organizations such as online gaming clans, guilds, or friends and family who utilize TeamSpeak software in a manner in which profit or gain of any kind is NOT intended.

So, that being said. All you need is a server to run it on. Burst.Net offer unmanaged VPS's with 512MB RAM for $5.95/month.

To apply for a non-profit organisation license, do so here:

http://npl.tritoncia.com/ts3npl.php

After completing that, you'll receive an email with your license, purchase a VPS. Then use an SSH client to log in to it. I use Putty, google it.

Upon logging in, you'll need to download TeamSpeak 3, do so by typing:

wget http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/beta-30/teamspeak3-server_linux-x86-3.0.0-beta30.tar.gz

That will download it, then you need to untar it. Do so by typing:

tar zxf teamspeak3-server_linux-x86-3.0.0-beta30.tar.gz

You should also have a text editor, I prefer nano. Install this by doing:

yum install nano

Then you need to type the following:

cd teamspeak3-server_linux-x86

Now download your license file, upload to somewhere then in Putty type:

wget insertlinktolicensehere

Next you need to create an ini file, do this by typing

nano ts3server.ini

Then insert the following:

machine_id=default_voice_port=9987voice_ip=INSERT IP HERElicensepath=filetransfer_port=30033filetransfer_ip=INSERT IP HEREquery_port=10011query_ip=INSERT IP HEREdbplugin=ts3db_sqlite3dbpluginparameter=dbsqlpath=sql/dbsqlcreatepath=create_sqlite/logpath=logslogquerycommands=1

Change all the "INSERT IP HERE" with the IP of your server.

Now that you have your ini file, ts3 downloaded and untarred, and your license file you need to run your teamspeak server.

I'd recommend doing this via screen.

so type:

screen

in screen type:

./ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh inifile=ts3server.ini

You should screenshot pretty much everything that shows up, as part will include the server admin password and part will include the server admin token. After it's running press CTRL a+d to exit screen and TS3 will continue to run in the background.

Have fun.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Lol, or you can just install windows on your VPS, download the hosting ts3 client, and do it like that ;)

Windows is for losers who can't use Linux.

although I respect linux and people who use it, i can't imagine using an OS other than windows. lol.

Great tip too :3

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

Lol, or you can just install windows on your VPS, download the hosting ts3 client, and do it like that ;)

Windows is for losers who can't use Linux.

although I respect linux and people who use it, i can't imagine using an OS other than windows. lol.

Great tip too :3

yeaaa, respect to people who have a different prefrence for their OS!