Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

new school vs old school

its all good

11j2cfd.gif[Retired- High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |
corrutpures2sig.pngcorruptpures.png
"Could we even recognize ourselves, and if we did, would we know ourselves?
What would we say to ourselves? What would we learn from ourselves?
What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which was better? old school all day er day

as the game adapts, so do the people playing it. there's old school people playing now using the new ways that the game has made us adapt to. who can't 4 way switch and use hotkeys nowadays? p2p wise, new style vs old style pkers not up to date with the new ****: new style would win. but relatively, old clanning was better in every way.

grogsfinalnotext.png

lmfao my old school is me killing pures on my lvl 74 main with 69 str and 60 attack 62 def 45 range 63 mage

**** off ill snipe all of u

I honestly don't know...There's so much difference in the game then there was back then, couldn't really tell ya here. I think it will all have to play out and everyone will need different tactics. F2p is all the same **** literally

STAY WEST! GET FLASH 3 DEFYS READY@@ K NOW PUSH SOUTH INTO THEM WIT SCIMS@@ YAY U WON !@

P2p differentials between clans as far as who has what magers and who has how many rangers idk.

its 6:30 am ill go to sleep and think about it then

It'll be some skills from the new era, and some from the old that will bring all these updates + the old wild together. The people that can take the best from both worlds will thrive.

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

In the new environment when the wilderness does return, the old school leaders and players are going to have the advantage. Newfag leaders are used to scouting world 136 and world 57 and then running into a cluster. Back then, it wasn't like that at all. The newfags are going to get bored and restless, it required a lot of discipline and patience back then. You also have to consider the warring style. It's so different now with returning and ragging, this time around it'll be almost impossible to return unless the war is going to last a long time.

Inevitably, pure warring has evolved over the last few years. And because of that, the new leaders will have more experience in some areas. Ventrilo didn't really exist back then and it was all about your in-game spamming and piling, team capes didn't even exist and so you couldn't just run on top of a cluster and start clicking like a *****. I don't even think any old school clans are going to re-open that will make a difference anyway so it doesn't matter.

:happy:

2lchhx.png

i prefered old school....

but new school would 100% win in a fight now adays. I was a whip -> dds pker back in 06/07

now adays if you just that have you will get 'bridded' (an excuse to use overs and try to save pixels)

The old way of pking seemed to be focused way more on fun... both players had a fair fight, high hits, exciting specs with smite up and you might end up pking/losing whip - EXCITING

The new way... risk a dds, rune crossbow and staff, pray overs before you even attack, switch overs so you never get hit hard, then get a crap drop.

...Just saying i prefered the old days :)

westyhottestmember.png
westysig.png

Eh, I wasn't really hardcore into clanning back with the "oldschool" stuff. I didn't really pay attention to what was going on and such, I'd just log on and do whatever I was told to do. But looking back at videos and such, I think the new school leadership is a bit better. The way everything done is just more efficient? if that's the word to use. Communication between clans is so much better now, because sites like these have popped up. So in the end, my opinion is this new school stooff.

Why do people assume that because the old drop system is being reintroduced, and that wilderness will be avaliable in all worlds, that suddenly we're all gonna be running around in normal capes and spending our trips fireblasting mains at gdz.

Exactly what I've been thinking.

Old pures will have to get used to the way **** is done now.

xtdthroughthesmoke.png

www.CLAN-FI.com
#Fatality

I'm guessing 80% of the people saying old school are either living in the past or just trying to sound cool.

New school obviously, watch what happens now and then back in videos from 06/07. Tell me who'd win, 70 foe back in 2006 (p2p), or current.

hilightsig.png

Proud Leader of Hostility

I really think new schoool will win. Old skool had no tactics they had spams yes. But they didnt stick together and sht.

New school:

- More perfect piles

- Better organisation

- With ventrilo these days everyone is good.

Old School:

- Great spams

- Less people but more ownage

caller.png
ingamecaller.png

Ex-Leader Of Exclusive
Ex-Warlord Of We Are Royalty
Ex-Warlord Of Deviation

New school is so much more cooperative and in a sense have previous experience that old school you had to keep putting so much effort to teach your members tactics, how to apply, war etc.

The standards today are at their highest and makes it easier to lead your clan, less effort for a game thats not worth too much of it, newschool is arguably better in all aspects of structure

But for me I tend to notice the same type of kids just come in IRC that aren't there for everything the clan is about, something like you had the ability to do back then and the concept of taking leadership roles and wanting to do something for your clan isn't there anymore or isn't as strong

It just means less interesting people to meet and more kids that you just have to tolerate

New school is so much more cooperative and in a sense have previous experience that old school you had to keep putting so much effort to teach your members tactics, how to apply, war etc.

The standards today are at their highest and makes it easier to lead your clan, less effort for a game thats not worth too much of it, newschool is arguably better in all aspects of structure

But for me I tend to notice the same type of kids just come in IRC that aren't there for everything the clan is about, something like you had the ability to do back then and the concept of taking leadership roles and wanting to do something for your clan isn't there anymore or isn't as strong

It just means less interesting people to meet and more kids that you just have to tolerate

1292117885979.gif

Anyway. Put oldschool vs newschool in newschool environment and of course newschool will win, with what West had said. The bridding, but they intend to bring back the 06 pj system meaning. No more bridding. lol.

1292117885979.gif

Anyway. Put oldschool vs newschool in newschool environment and of course newschool will win, with what West had said. The bridding, but they intend to bring back the 06 pj system meaning. No more bridding. lol.

when did they say they were bringing back pjing.

R.I.P Devastation

i am pretty professional pro at pking so my advice has truths of wisdom

old wildy was all about killing idiots who didnt know how to pk

limiting the "wildy" to bh the past few yrs led to only people that kno how to do the basics in pking, pk. as a result, unlike old days, if a old guy returns to rs, he will be overwhelm by the competitiveness

new school, but respect old school.

ppl like mahatma is god by legendary, so is kids ranqe and ihq69

obvious m4n is obvious

westyhottestmember.png
westysig.png

Ehh, personally i didn't find it fun running around for 2hours targeting mains, i don't know of any clan that does that now a days its all about fights which i enjoy. But old school members where by far the best they didn't need Vent/TS3 to keep organized they just listend in game.

7w5ek.png
Z4Gkv.png
fVMqV.png

Bridding is still possible, just in two man teams from black knight castle to hill giants like it used to be, best times when bridding was first taken off.

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

Nope.

In my opinion it depends on the clan overall, some leaders work better now as there members will listen to their every word on vent/ ts. The locations can be called in audio and this makes it efficient for clan tactics. As methods of communication has improved so has clanning, however i feel that the old school method was entirely better, why?

Primarily, because people would concentrate on spamming calls ingame, so war's were more organised, now people hardly ever call ingame ..

Proud to be a leader and a part of CPR