Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

One Year

Bob

epidemicbanneraz8.png

Yes my friends, it’s already been a full year. For some it might seem like it was only a few months while for others it felt like forever. I just hope everyone had a blast and enjoyed their life to the fullest.

Let’s just start by getting the announcement out of the way. Firstly, most of you know #Epidemic is still active and a bunch of Ex-E hang out in there. With the return of wild, idling in #Epidemic could be a nice way to stay in touch and get a small team going. Bottom line; make sure you add #Epidemic to your auto-join list!

On a different note, after thinking with the other leaders, we have opted not to re-open Epidemic for the moment. The reason for this is very simple. Yes, the wilderness being removed was extremely annoying and it was also the reason why we closed back in 07. However, that is not the reason why we closed a year ago. Clans nowadays are meant to be competitive. Even with the return of wild, I doubt anyone wants to go hunt mains with 50 people. You don’t need a whole clan to do this.

If you are still not convinced, think about it: we have a community without a clan (#Epidemic), we have the opportunity to make small teams and go hunt mains (#Epidemic), what’s left? Exactly. Now let’s not get in details but anyone who has been with us for a decent amount of time will remember that we really achieved everything we wanted competitive wise. On top of that, let’s just say the current community is not the way we want it to be.

That being said, we are not entirely closing the door on this possibility. We are still hoping this community will shine once again and this will bring back the fun it once provided. The return of wilderness is certainly a step forward but there is still a long way to go. If anything, use this update to tune down the hate and promote healthy competition. I really want to put it blunt, we are NOT reopening because wilderness is back, so please, stop spamming my IRC PMs =]. Thank you.

One a more positive note, we have a little surprise for you guys. We decided to revamp the history and finish it. Unfortunately, most of it was done with my poor English skills so Klar or someone will soon re-read it and improve it. I also have a terrible memory so I probably missed a lot. Please, if you feel like we forgot important bits, don’t hesitate to PM them to me. Also if I have time I intend on adding pictures and maybe videos throughout the history. However, we absolutely wanted this to be ready for you guys today. Given that the history is roughly 8,000 words and that the spoiler tag is broken, I will use a quote tag which will make it easier if you wish to skip to the end of the topic and read the history later. If you do have some spare time, it’s a great read. Anyhow, here it is:

Lots of clans record their history after they've been around for a while. Andrew (Jibs2ndpure) first started writing this text, to which Klar (IVP) added Absolution’s part. Finally, a year after Epidemic’s closure, Bob (I3ack2own) decided to seal the deal and complete this piece of history by writing about Epidemic of 08-10.

Before we start, this 8,000 words history contains parts (or the complete history) of The Pures, Ravage, Absolution and, of course, Epidemic. Hopefully reading this will bring up a lot of good memories. Most of this history was also written a long time ago and doesn’t reflect how the clans mentioned are right now (if still alive), they are a representation of how they were when this history was written. Without further ado, I present you… Epidemic, the Greatest Clan of All Time

Before The Pures

I have been leading/helping leading clans since July 2004. My first clan is irrelevant as it didn't build up to the birth of TP... However my second one did. Between those two, however, I would lead daily PK groups with my friends. I would keep them at around 10 people at max. The goal was not to kill through numbers, but to kill through organization. My friends and I were what people would call ideal PKers, we showed honour in battle and would fight to the death in any situation. One day we were attacked by a clan called Dragonwood. All of my friends died fairly fast, and I was left to fight their leader 1 on 1 in the middle of them. I lost, however respected them for not simply slaughtering me, so I joined Dragonwood in October 2004.

While I was in it I became a well-known PK leader in the clan community, and gained many followers. In March 2005, my group of followers and myself got fed up with the DW leadership, so we went and made our own clan, called Cry of Destruction. We attempted to make a pure clan during that time; however we only got 15 members. COD lasted from March 2005 to August 2005, however during that time I was taught nearly everything I currently know about leading. During the first 2 weeks of August we decided every1 needed a break due to building stress. This is when TP's direct history begins.

The Birth of the Pures

During the 2 week break in Cry of Destruction, one of my members who had followed me from DW decided to make a pure clan. And so The Pures was born on August 9th 2005. The requirements were: you must have 25+ combat. There was no def. limit or a certain level of stat u must have, so technically you didn't have to be a pure to join. He led it on his pure Archx4xlife. His first members were Kingevil, TOM, DOM, Kingevil's brother, and TOM and DOM's sister (can't remember their exact names). They became the council members and co-leaders...however since they were good friends they had power over my friend archx4xlife. They then made some forums and began recruiting. Because the combat was so low we gained members fairly fast. By August 15th we already had 25 members. However, the council members controlled everything, every1 was inactive, there were mains in a clan called The Pures, and the forums literally hurt your eyes because of the bright red color. So after only 6 days of existing, we were already dying. On August 17th we gained 2 members that were vital, and one still is, to TP's success. They were Multi range and 2nd Twin Pk. 2nd is now our co-leader and is TP's oldest member.

The revival of The Pures

On August 19th, Archx4xlife decided he needed help or TP was going to die. So he messaged me. Since COD was on that 2 week break, I figured there would be no harm done if I helped.

When he gave me the URL, I immediately dimmed my monitor because of how hideous it was. Half was the normal invisionfree light blue color... yet the other half was a bright red color. I swear to god that thing would have given anyone permanent eye damage if you stared at it too long. Also, someone posted that “Numa Numa” song with the fat kid dancing to it video all over the boards.

The next thing I did was change the requirements to 30+ stats and 25+ combat, booted the mains, and deleted the inactive members. During that process, the co-leaders and council realized that their power would be greatly diminished now that I was there. So they decided to try and vote me out on August 21st. Since there were only 7 actives at the time, the co-leaders and council voted me out, and multi arrow and 2nd twin PK voted for me to be in. I wasn't dedicated to the clan at all at the time, so I simply left. Three hours later, Archx4xlife came on, saw what happened, and begged me to come back. I did, and I immediately booted the co-leaders, the council, and their followers as I knew the clan would just die if they stayed. This might sound bad, however I was proven correct later on. One day after that, they formed their own clan called Pyro Pures.

The Ez Ownage Fight

The first month after my arrival went very well for TP. We made a complete comeback and gained quite a few members due to our low requirements, which was changed to 35+ stats 2 weeks after I joined. On every PK trip though, we were haunted by the larger pure clans, the main one being EO. On every trip we watched where they were, and ran away if we knew they were coming after us.

However one day we decided we had enough, and it was time to turn the tables on them. We learned they were at the giants with around 23 people; most of them level 50-60, while we were 30's and 40's. We had around 23 people as well. The odds were against us by a lot, yet we attacked anyways. The attack went perfect, and TP won that fight due to organization. EO then declared a mini war at the GDs (Greater Demons), which we lost by 6 members, however that didn't matter, our name was already out and respect was given to us for that attack. One of our members, I C D Ranger, filmed the attack, and it became our official recruitment vid. Once that was out, TP became the most rapidly growing pure clan, and we felt we were unstoppable.

After the EO Fight

After the EO fight everything was a breeze for TP from September to November. We were gaining many members, our name was getting out to all the low level pures via ICD's vid, our requirements were raising slowly but steadily and Pyro Pures were like ants to us, they didn't stand a chance. We later allied with Very Important PKers (VIP), and decided to make up a secret plot between TP, VIP, and EP to take out EO. TP was going to be the bait as I had a few friends in EO, so they would trust me if I asked them to come PK with TP. The plan never went through as EP died and VIP's and TP's alliance was weak. During this time TP's requirements became 55+ in stats.

The Hacking

In November, TP's boards were hacked by our own co-leader, Mage4life, and Pyro Pures. Two Hours after the hacking, blkchaos, I3ack2own (now known as Bob), Ir0ny, 2nd Twin Pk and many others got to work on making a new board as fast as possible. A few hours later, our new boards were open and ready for use. Mage4life joined PP that same day. I came online and they told me about the hacking... but then I noticed something. TP had a horrible flaw before the hacking, we were gaining so many members that we weren't noticing if they were becoming inactive. During the site change we learned around 40% of our members were inactive. We realised that the hacking actually saved the clan, and made us stronger at the same time, as we raised the requirements two days after everyone was done transferring to the new boards. Two weeks after that, TP was much stronger than it ever was. Both TP and VIP went after PP, and eventually forced them to shut down due to pressure.

The old board are still up, I am still IP banned from it so you guys can spam it as much as you want: http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_Pures

Fights

Many fights began to erupt around December and were causing most of the members un-involved to be a bit uneasy. I was having a one week break to avoid the stress for a bit, so i was not entirely aware until it was too late. The fighting reached its peak on a PK trip around mid to late December. 2nd Twin Pk, an elite member at the time, PKed 9.4mil cash on a PK trip. Those who were near him said he got it on his own, however our co-leader Jeracuda2k2 (dirrty freak), said he had help and that 2nd should be booted for lying to the clan. I came back around 4 hours after this happened. During this 4 hour period, the entire clan broke into sides, one side saying 2nd Twin should stay and the other siding with Jera. Those siding with Jera weren't saying that 2nd should be booted, they just respected Jera and backed him up. I tried to make both sides happy, asking jera if he can just drop it; however he said if 2nd stays he will leave. He then deleted 2nd of the boards. 2nd left to SO, however before his application was accepted I talked him out of it and brought him back. Because of this Jera left 1 hour later. After he left, Jera started talking a whole bunch of crap about me, spamming and flaming us like crazy, was IP banned multiple times yet he always got around them, and did whatever he could do to make us look bad. We mini warred Ze Pures in late December. We slaughtered them with only 1 loss; however Jera came at the end on his main and attempted to kill me. He thought the members would simply sit there and let us fight. However everyone immediately piled him the second he hit me, and he was quickly slaughtered. That made the flaming 10 times worse than what it was like before. After a while we simply ignored him and he left us alone. This was a lesson for the rest of my leading career: a single insignificant thing that happens in a time of tension can cause a ton of problems in a clan.

The Rise of the Pures

At this point, few people in the top pure clans have even heard of TP. In fact, the only way people in the top clans found out about us was by hearing that we were VIP's allies. We decided it was time to make the clans see the potential of TP. EO was closed down during this time and Supreme Ownage was formed. We decided to let them re-form so we left them alone for a time. We started by imposing a sense of power over the smaller pure clans to show them who was in charge. During this process we killed off 2 pure clans, 1 of whom we warred, called Fusion Pures. We also made a junior clan called The Junior Pures around December, they didn't last too long and they actually didn't do too much while they were alive so I won't waste time talking about them. Here is one thing that the majority of people won't know however. When I closed JP down they created Ownage Pures (or something like that, initials were OP though). They later died and became Sacred Pures, SO's junior clan. So our junior clan basically ended up becoming the strongest of all low level pure clans, and one of SO's largest source of members.

I don't remember exactly when, but during this period VIP died due to problems on the inside. We though most of them would come to us, however only a handful did, and the majority either quit or joined a new clan called The Last Pures led by Hiei The Pk.

During this time we went through a war hungry stage. We warred the following clans in this period in this order: Fusion Pures, The RLA(aka the shortest war in RS history...literally, it only lasted 2 and a half seconds lol), The Rebels(this was a 25 v 25 war, they were a main clan), Supreme Ownage (this was the start of our major rivalry), Destined pures (this win brought us onto the top pure clan list), and Eruption of Pures + Sacred Pures(they had 102 people, we had 56. We ended up winning with 13 people remaining.)

Ravage and No Limits

TP was in a lot of trouble in May and June. Our allies SPZ were in a lot of trouble as well, so we decided to merge and create Ravage. RA was entirely different from TP, so I won't go much into details about it. Let's just say a lot of things went wrong. I left to leave the pure world and go back into main clans, and RA died sometime in August. A clan started by ex-RA members was started called No Limits...but it never really got any big, and when it died no one really cared. After that point everyone gave up.

Death

The Pures and the clans that it created were officially declared dead. I was busy with main clans, and all the other members got defence, quit RS, or joined other clans. Eventually I joined a pure clan called The FreeLancers, who beat Ravage in a full out war, led by Devil Kiss X. Right when I joined I was made Warlord, creating a lot of problems. I ended up leaving in November because I couldn't stand some people in it. After I left FL, I ended up quitting RS, which was thought to end any chances of TP being reborn.

Reborn

On January 21st, 2007, I checked on the old TP site....and found there were around 20-30 people who tried to join since we died on June 22nd 2006. I also looked through the forums; saw many topics and people that sparked a lot of good memories. After looking through the site for around 2 hours, I decided that TP was way too good of a clan to end this way and also that I missed it way too much.

So on January 22nd, I started spreading the word that TP will be reborn soon, and created a new site. I expected it to be a long and slow process to get members out of their clans to come back to us. Well I couldn't have been more wrong. Today is January 24th, 2007. The Pures was officially declared re-opened at 7:45 pm PST. Already we have well over 30 people who have said that they will join TP when it starts, and even more will join as soon as we prove that we aren't going to fall apart right away.

Rebirth is not possible

We quickly found out, you cannot simply re-make a clan like the TP everyone knew from December 2005 to March 2006. It has to be started from scratch, with the lowest possible requirements, then work its way up to the top. This way, very solid links are established on the way, and there will not be biased opinions.

Needless to say, The Pures Reborn did not go well. It was made up of around 1/4th old TP members, 1/2 Freelancer members, and 1/4th new members. The TP members were too well bonded to simply make new friendships. Some of the ex-FL members became very loyal members and are still with us, but most didn't and left within a month. Before things went out of control, we decided the name of TP does not deserve a fate such as this, and simply stopped having events. At that point I completely quit RS and sold my two accounts, Jibs2ndpure and Jiblin.

Rebirth is not possible... or is it?

My old co-leader i3ack2own (Bob) was talking to me one night July 2007. He was saying I should start up a new clan, and that all the old TP members need to be reunited under the same clan once again. I was planning to create a main, tank, and normal pure combination clan with my friends, but Bob talked me out of it. We started discussing what kind of pure clan it should be. We all loved the December 2005 - March 2006 era of The Pures, and loved being high level then, but today's high level pure world is not the same as it was then. As we learned in The Pures Reborn, you cannot immediately bring back things to the way they were before; it needs to be changed slowly, from scratch.

So we decided to start low again. When you are a low level clan, you gain members much more rapidly, and can create a solid CORE member base by the time you do become higher levelled, creating a very stable and solid clan. As said, we want the pure clan world to the way it was back in 2005 and early 2006: numbers aren't everything, organization plays a major part in battle. To do that, we need to raise the standards of low level PKing, which will in turn raise the standards of high level pure PKing as we rise in levels. TP was excellent when it came to organization; it's the reason why we won most of our fights. This clan will be the same as TP in that aspect, but we will not make the same mistakes as we did last time.

So here begins a new chapter in our history. As of July 20th, 2007: Epidemic has opened.

Epidemic's Launch

When Bob (I3ack2own) and I first opened Epidemic we planned to take it easy and keep the clan in its low level range as long as possible. Since both of us were entering our freshmen year in college, we knew we would be extremely busy, and did not want to deal with a serious clan. The initial plan was to keep us in our level 20's and 30's, and when we got too high we would simply make new pures, forever leaving us as low levels. Needless to say this was impossible, and we realized we were in for something much larger than we had anticipated, as nearly 30 ex The Pures, Ravage, and The Pures Reborn members created new pures to join Epidemic.

In our first two weeks, we kept the clan closed to the general public and let only direct friends or ex-members inside. This gave us a distinct advantage over all the other clans at our level: our members had the organization of most top 5 pure clans, and knew exactly what they were doing. The initial plan was to open in official after two weeks, however I ended up going to Hawaii for a week, and ended up having around 9 paintball tournaments in the span of a week to go to with my team, so we officially opened Epidemic in late July, two weeks later than anticipated. Our members were eager to go however, and made sure Pure Community knew it.

Corroded

At this point, Bob and I realized our plan to keep Epidemic as a small unimportant clan had been shot straight to hell, so we knew if we were to succeed we needed to gain the favour of Pure Community. To do this, we needed to prove we were better than all the other clans our level. Our main target was Corroded, an average sized and active low level clan. They had already been around for a couple months, and were Pure Community's favourite low level clan.

So we decided to go about dealing with Corroded in the classic TP style: beat the living hell out of the clan, turn its members against each other, and watch it die. And that's exactly what happened. On every Corroded PK trip we made sure they ran into us, sometimes more than once. And after every trip we made damn sure that PC heard about it. After a couple weeks people started hearing that Jibs2ndpure had remade a new low level pure clan, and Epidemic started receiving a lot more attention. So we took this as an opportunity to deliver the final blow to Corroded. Bob and I befriended several members of Corroded's council and co-leaders, and started to turn them against their clan. Normally this would have taken a long time, however it was really easy this time because Corroded's leader, Sparatic Gun, got grounded for a month or so, which allowed us to take Corroded down in about the span of a week.

Once Pure Community saw we were clearly on top in our rivalry versus Corroded, applications started flooding our website. A large amount of our applicants were people that had other high level pures in some of the major pure clans. We knew this would be an issue to us as we expanded, but at the time we needed everyone we could get. Some people still favoured Corroded over us however, so we decided we couldn't just weaken CR, we had to finish them entirely. We did this by declaring an allied war on Corroded and their allies, SIN. This would have been an even fight statistically; however the leader of SIN was in TP Reborn, and knew what I was like, so he declined the war proposal. Within 2 weeks of this both CR and SIN collapsed, and Epidemic had conquered its first rivalry.

Expansion

With Corroded out of the way, Epidemic had successfully dominated the low level pure community. However this left us in a pit, we were the only legit low level clan, and we were no match versus the mid to high level pure clans, so we had to make a choice: either stay low level and deal with inexperienced clans that will die within a month, or expand and have to deal with all the clans from the TP Reborn days. Since I always strive to have my clans be the best in organization, I didn't hesitate to try and have Epidemic expand. We still didn't have any official PC clans to fight however; they were all simply too high level.

So we decided to target masser clans: the main ones being the Pinkies and VOP. We were always outnumbered, so we thought what better way to prove our organization to the community? We made it a point to film every run in that we had, and posted the videos on PC after every trip. August is when we had most of these run-ins, and during that time we made two official recruitment videos. At that point we already had two 20 minute long fights where we held our own against several masser clans. To my knowledge, these were the first pure fights with returning.

Wars... Wars... and more Wars

During this time Pure Community started to get bored with our constant topics of masser vanquishing, and stopped paying attention thinking that I lost my ability to lead. What they didn't pay attention to is that Epidemic members were raising levels FAST, and before they even realized it we went from level 20's and 30's to 40's and 50's. On September 1st, 2008, a Saturday, Epidemic took on both VOP and the Pinkies at the same time, a nearly 3 to 1 fight. We posted our usual topic, however threw a curveball in there for the community. We had also informed them that we had declared an official PCR war on Pures Revolution, the clan that was one rank above us on the PCR list. No one had paid attention to us for a while, so they all thought we were doing this as a last ditch effort to survive.

September 8th, 2008: the day of the war. Epidemic pulled 87 options to the war, PR pulled 84. We were to defend, and after a long wait, PR rushed in.

It was over quick, Epidemic did exactly what I trained them to do, and we only lost 7 people during that war. This was immediately posted on Pure Community by a PR Co-leader who claimed we had cheated because a main in black armour was wandering around. Everyone who paid attention to the topic saw how bad we kicked the crap out of them, and realized that PR was an immature clan that couldn't take a loss. The war was voted upon by the PC Staff, and it was unanimously decided we won fair and square, putting us at rank #17.

We didn't stop however, only a day after the war we declared another PCR war on Intense Redemption, who were at the time ranked #14. September 22nd came along soon after, the day of the war. Epidemic pulled a record 153 options (51 people) to the war, much more than anyone outside the clan expected. This war also ended extremely fast, and Epidemic won with 123 options remaining. This put us at rank #14.

And STILL we didn't stop. We were out with a mission, to show PC that we were a serious force to be dealt with despite our low levels. Our target this time was The Golden Gods. TGG had the same numbers as us, and were in their 60's and 70's while we were in our 40's and 50's. Needless to say everyone expected us to lose. September 30th the day of the war came along, and TGG set up just east of the member’s gate. We decided to rush in from the south of them; however TGG did something we did not expect. They had watchers from Trilogy and several other clans come with them, and set them up directly south of them in several DD's. Not thinking it would matter, they failed to inform us they were there, so when we rushed in we plowed into the watchers, not TGG. Needless to say this severely messed up our initial rush, scattering us all over the field. This ultimately ended up causing us to lose the war, as TGG ended up winning with only 30 options (10 people) remaining. If the watchers weren't there, we strongly believe we would have won. It was voted on by the PC Staff, and was declared in TGG's favour; however a rule was immediately put in place. If a clan brought watchers, they would automatically lose.

Despite our loss (which in our minds we knew should've been nulled) we were not put back in any way to continue. So we plowed forward, and half a week after the TGG war ended I declared on Lithuanian Pures. They were much higher level than us, a good chunk of them having 90+ stats. This declaration ended up being a huge miscalculation on my part, as Lp ended up pulling 90% of their members to the war, and showed amazing piles. To put it simply, we were completely and utterly demolished. We were fortunate however, one of LP's members posted a topic on the war on PC and flamed us in it. The members of PC ended up defending us, and ended up closing the topic, which ended up increasing our favour with PC in the long run.

With our loss to LP we decided our warring spree was over, we had proved our point to the community that we weren't your average low level clan. Due to the wars we had a flood of new members, so we decided it was best to focus on re-organizing ourselves, and began to focus on a new rivalry taking shape in the form of The Dreaded.

The Best Rivalry Ever

What followed next was considered by many to be the best rivalry ever. For almost 3 months, Epidemic and The Dreaded went at it. We had fights every few days but what kept the rivalry fun was that there were barely any flames. Both clans had respect for each other. Fights were close; we won and lost our fair share.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending from what point of view you see it, Epidemic grew stronger after two months of going at it. We picked up more wins and created a gap between us and TD.

The Last Wilderness War

We had a growing rivalry with Intense Redemption. At his point, Epidemic was #11 on the PCR list and we knew we deserved better. A lot of talk **** was coming our way so we decided to prove a point and end it. We declared a full out on IR. On Saturday 6th, 2007, the day of the war, we pulled a decent 150 options to IR’s 120. After an issue with both clans being hit by a main clan, IR wanted to cancel the war if we didn’t drop our numbers because apparently, they had lost a lot of people to the main clan. We knew this was simply a cheap attempt to get an easier fight but we were so determined to prove a point we accepted. We sat 10 people and fought roughly 40 versus 40. With Epidemic’s outstanding strategy and individual performance, this turned out to be pretty one sided as we won losing only 5 people.

Unfortunately, this turned out to be the last wilderness full out PCR war for both mains and pures. Only four days later, Jagex modified the whole PvP system and completely removed the wilderness.

Absolution is Born

With the extraction of the wilderness from the game, Jibs and Bob decided that runescape was no longer a viable game to continue playing, and decided that the closure of Epidemic would be the most intelligent thing to do. Epidemic closed for 2 days. However, a few days later Bob and Andrew had the idea that instead of closing Epidemic, they would declare Narba1ici0us and I leaders in order to continue running Epidemic. We took the challenge and made a few changes including promotions and demotions.

Epidemic went as well as it could for a few weeks, including several victories over clans such as IR, PA, and AAO in the multi BH crater. However, that fact that we were apparent “No namers” in that at the time we were unknown to the community in comparison to Jibs and Bob gave me and Narb a lot of difficulty in continuing to run the clan the way we wanted. Regardless, a lot of discussions went on amongst those that were close to us, (Including but not limited to: Lost In Edge, Say--Cheese, I Str I Kill, I Kuro I).

On the 16th of January, the boards for Absolution, the new clan were made. Several members loyal to the Absolution cause came over and applied, with the rest being forgotten about in the transfer. This left us with a base of approximately 15 loyal members to start the clan with.

We proceeded with the idea of Absolution, even when under intense scrutiny from the community. January 26th was our first trip. We had several fights with Intense Redemption and Pure Annihilation in the Bounty Hunter crater, securing victories over them. We then moved to the clan wars arena and had several fights with these clans, and eventually it turned into a As + IR versus TGG + PA cluster fight, which we won outnumbered.

Now, unless you were there at the time the impact Absolution had on clan warring using the new arena was huge. Being “Low leveled”, our main competition were clans such Ascendency, Sanctity, Malice, Tenacious, Disturbed, Pure Annihilation, etc, with various fights from the higher levelled IR, TGG, Atrocity, etc. because of the nature of the arena and its newness, several strategies were developed, mainly by the lower level clans. Mini’ing was much more of an important factor, as BH soon became unusable due to mains and lack of pure clans, so Clan wars, minis, and preps were basically what a trip consisted of.

Absolution continued having trips, including BH, Clan wars, etc, dominating our “competition” which including Ascendency and Malice.

Our reputation increased with time, with Epidemic being forgotten and Absolution becoming a force to be reckoned with in its self. Numerous battles occurred between the mass of low level clans, with Absolution normally coming out on top. Every day would be 5+ minis, and our official trips on weekends we’d pull 30 people (A great turnout for the time). We became a well-known for our consistent organisation. More important members joined, such as Ownage Milk, Blink Fox, FIasko, Jochen141, Edqe, Pur3own3g3 and others.

Time progressed and our continuing dominance of the low level clan world, and it came to a head when we beat Ascendency, considered the “#2 Low level clan” losing no body in a 5 hour prep

I decided to get week prep with AAO, a clan that had previously dodged our war offers, and we delivered. We pulled a big 40 people (with 48 on our ML at the time). Although AAO pulled less than expected and our organisation was horrible during the war, it was a step in the right direction and showed that we weren’t the stereotypical low level clan that daren’t fight outside its level range.

"The PCL Era"

With this war victory, we were getting much more attention, receiving awards on PC for “Most upcoming clan” (For what it was worth), and overall just having a hell of a time. We were still contending with Ascendency, Malice and Sanctity who were improving and becoming much better, and our levels were improving slightly.

Along with James and other various ambassadors, the idea of a day where clans would meet to fight (Even though us low level clans had been doing that already for months).

We were always looking for fights, and even beat some of the toughest pure clans, as well as continuing the daily confrontations with Ascendency, Sanctity, Malice, Tenacious, Disturbed etc. Clans were starting to take notice of us and ask us for fights, including MM and TLP. This was great fun, and was a huge help to our organisation.

With PCL, the variety of clans that we fought expanded, including fighting massers such as FP and TP and other clans, with clans such as Divinity continuously avoiding us. Also, we had various fights with the newly reopened Future Ownage, a clan that would become hugely linked to As in the future.

PCL Continued, and we had several victories over those clans that were statistically superior, as well as fighting a huge variety of clans.

Sanctity were talking a lot of rubbish about how Absolution was a one trick pony and how they would destroy us in a full out war. Lucky for us, they were ahead of us on the PCR list so I decided to declare; knowing that it would be a hard fight, given Sanctity’s recent performance. What followed was a huge blowout, with us pulling quite a few more than them. The fight was 3 rounds, and Sanctity managed to kill 3 people across all three of these rounds, killing one with each round.

The following day (Sunday), I decided to ask AAO for an hour prep. The previous weekend, AAO had beaten us at PCL, and a lot of baits and flames were thrown around. With the momentum from our full out, we pulled 32/55 in an hour with no planned event, and metaphorically destroyed AAO.

With Sanctity out of the way and AAO seemingly slumping for a while, there was just one obstacle between Absolution and the future of the mid part of the PCR list; Malice. We gauged them out and engaged in many fights, with wins divided. It was clear this was to be one of our toughest fights ever when I declared a full out on them.

On the other side of the coin was foe, who we were also directing our attention towards as well as Malice. foe were similar in levels and numbers to us, and we had a huge, friendly rivalry that was about to erupt. Daily capped minis took place, and several 15 min preps, Absolution being undefeated in the 15 min prep category and coming out on top in the minis most of the time.

foe’s primary focus was P2P, and we ventured into P2P to attempt to start up on this server with a few wins traded between both clans.

Back on our other front, Malice had accepted the full out. We were starting to fight clans such as TGG and the competition was getting hugely intense, with us transcending the boundary to the “Mid-level” range and growing at a big rate with this jump.

The day of the Malice full out came, and we were looking forward to a difficult war, our most difficult yet. Narba1ici0us was quitting RS, one of the co-leaders, leaving me and I Str I Kill to lead the clan. We pulled 41 / 49 to this war, and Malice also pulled similar to us

What followed was a huge display of willpower in that we were the most organised I’d ever seen.

Not going to dwell on this, the final part. But with Narb leaving, Bhavik and I decided that it’d be best if we closed Absolution as I personally had no time to be leading an RS clan at the stage Absolution was in, and neither did Bhavik. It may have been a mistake, it may have been the right thing to do, but regardless, Absolution was a pioneering clan in terms of clan wars arena, and we had a hell of a time.

Epidemic, New and Improved

It’s inevitable; the nostalgia will sooner or later get to you. Sometimes it’s simply too strong. One night of summer 08, Jibs and I were talking about the good moments we had. Jibs brought up the idea of re-opening and to be quite frank, I was not too fond of it. I also was leaving on a 2 week trip with my family that summer. By the time I got back, Epidemic was already open and everyone was asking me to join. There was no way I could say no. This time we were going to make sure that we would accomplish our goal. The first few weeks consisted of having old members hear the about the news and re-join and making some vital promotions which pre-determined us to be winners.

So here we are, initiating a new page in the long book of history.

The Leadership Team

Epidemic was very famous for its leadership team which consisted of, simply put, the best. In fact, when we re-opened, we had three leaders: Jibs, IVP and I (Bob). The initial plan was for Jibs to be the main Warlord, Bob to be the community leader and Klar to be an all-around “ownajer”. We also surrounded us with an amazing staff team.

It did not take too long for us leaders to realise what we were missing out on. Ever since the early TP days, this guy has been around. At first he was extremely annoying and would question and challenge pretty much everything. We even kicked him out twice and threatened to kick him countless times before. However, there was something out of the ordinary with him. We noticed the amount of knowledge and dedication this guy had. We closely followed everything he did. For about two months, he was topping the promotions and it wasn’t too long before we gladly welcomed Plode to the leadership team.

Our leadership team was then complete. We had the strongest leaders of the community, all in one team. We knew we were unstoppable.

The Clan Wars Era

When we re-opened, PCL was the main event on every Saturday. We capitalised on our strategic advantage and organization to constantly beat clans such as Violent Demise, Tyrant Pures, Anonymous Assassins, Complete Domination, Fatal Purez, etc. This gave us a solid recruitment boost. We rapidly grew in numbers and soon enough, the “Low PCL” clans would simply not fight us anymore.

Epidemic was also the first pure clan to implement mandatory voice communication software for all members. Being the only clan with mandatory Ventrilo for a while gave us a great advantage over other clans.

Unfortunately, the PCR list at the time was not what it used to be due to clans not participating for various reasons. We decided not to pay attention to it as it simply was not representative anymore.

The Release of PvP Worlds

October 15th, 2008: PvP worlds are released. Jagex finally gave us something that looked at least a bit like our old, loved, wilderness. This also put the Pure Clan League (PCL) in a coffin. It was obvious PvP worlds were not like what wilderness use to be. For one, there were only a handful of worlds, therefore every clan, main, pures, stronger and weaker were in the same world, more or less at the same place. This caused many problems which will be explained later. It wasn’t the best thing in the world but it was definitely better than Clan Wars Arena.

“Crashing”

The main problem in the pure world at that moment became crashing. Because there were so little worlds, a lot of accidents happened and people took it the wrong way. On top of that, several clans used crashing as a cheap tactic (if it can even be considered one) to win fights.

Epidemic was, for a long time, accused of being crashers. However every single member knew these were just attempts from haters to put us down. Every smart member of the community knew we would not be the ones starting to crash another clan. However, we were not the kind of clan to let others walk over us. Therefore, every time a clan crashed us on purpose, we gave it back 10 times harder. I won’t dwell too much on this because obviously, my goal is not to convince anyone. Those who are concerned know the truth.

Makin’ Enemies & The #4 Position

Epidemic’s leadership, able to optimize momentum since the release of PvP worlds and able to survive in the pure world full of crashing, propelled the clan high up the charts skipping several clans along the way. As a result, some of these clans grew hatred towards Epidemic. Their reasoning was that they “did not get a shot at us”.

It is also known that a lot of people will tend to hate on successful people or organizations. In only a couple of months Epidemic grew from being literally nothing to the 4th best pure clan. This success also came with a train full of haters. To be frank, leaders appreciated the hate and took it as compliments, that hate also fuelled the drive every Epidemic member had to be the best. Overall I must say it was a good thing.

That drive brought us to the number 4 spot. The reason for this was that there was a strong Top 3 forever in the pure world. In no particular order: Final Ownage Elite (FOE), Mayhem Makers (MM) and Fatality (FI). Because of their strong history, all these clans have managed to stay up there for all this time and draw members to them. That also created a HUGE gap between this top 3 and the 4th clan, that gap acted as a huge wall for anyone trying to enter the top 3.

Climbing that gap was much harder than anyone could have imagined. Any strong leader knows that a good sense of the basics added to some successful rivalries is the way to make your clan climb the ranks. Having only the basics, that high on the charts and no-one to have a fair rivalry with made this task nearly impossible.

Nevertheless, staying at that number 4 spot was far from boring. Having weekly skirmishes against Eruption of Pures (EOP) and Devastation (DV) for about half a year was amazingly fun. I think every Epidemic member would thank these clans for the fun they gave us in that rivalry.

Without going much in the details, Epidemic shines in a competitive scene hence why we came out on top of that rivalry. Since we hit that rank, we have been slowly, closing that gap with the top 3. We eventually made it in fall of 2009.

Fighting for #1

Making the top 3 was a feat very little clan could say they accomplished and Epidemic was finally one of them. This brought a lot of motivation to keep pushing forward. Fighting with the top 3 clans was a lot of fun. However with the motivation we had we decided to go straight for the gold and started challenging MM on a regular basis.

This rivalry broke several records. Two clans topping 120+ members on a trip several weeks in a row was never seen. Just like every other rivalry Epidemic had, we came out on top, resulting in us beating MM for 6 weeks in a row. Getting to that point required a lot of time from Epidemic’s staff and members.

After these 6 weeks, MM, not wanting to give up on their #1 rank invited every ex-members and guests they could to outpull us and they finally did beat us. There have been many pictures and proof in favour of this but let’s not get in details here.

What are we fighting for?

At that point this got the leaders thinking. Thinking back to what we once were. Thinking back at everything we accomplished. Thinking back at all the efforts we put in this clan.

It was hard finding a real solid reason as to why we put in all this time and efforts.

The truth is we accomplished everything we ever wanted to accomplish. We proved every odd wrong and even destroyed the oldest clans.

The truth is all our leaders being in college, none of us was ready to put forth the efforts required for us to maintain that #1 spot which, at the end of the day, wasn’t worth fighting for.

Finally, if you have some great memories of Epidemic today would be a great time to share them! Whether it’s a picture, a video or anything you remember and you want to share with us. Go ahead! I’ll start with a few:

Picture of our forums before I cleared them...

Notice the Leader's board description. Man we own.

Note: It's huge so click it.

http://i.min.us/icimH6.PNG

Can't really get around that one...

Taking #1 F2P. Two great vids by Charlie.

And before anyone brings this up...

There's so many more great ones but Ill leave them for you guys to post. Lastly, I would like to thank every clan we had a great rivalry with. To name a few: TD (Malice), MM, EOP, DV, CP, IR, etc. You guys gave us a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading.

Love you guys,

Bob

Epidemic Forever

[E]Bawb or Bawb[AFK] in #Epidemic.
Don't hesitate to PM if you need anything.

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion post. - This weekend will determine a lot of things you know, the first weekend of wilderness trips will determine where the course of pure clanning is headed.

Best of luck to all - And like Bawb stated himself: Community is #1 - promote healthy competition, make it more welcoming, cut out the faqgotry, stop the ddosing, stop the phishing, hacking, ratting or whatever garbage over a game.

Because at the end of the day we play this game for fun.

It looks hopeful with the return of the wild though.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

1st igfnw'gnwágwagwgwegw

edit: aka epidemic re-opening watch us kids

shut the fuc up gotpwned u stupid 09 prod roflmao main pk trip fuc u stupid chikin fuk roflmao ugly nub

jk gotpwned i love u :3

#nme

www.nme-rs.com/forums

http://www.youtube.com/user/theNMEtube

1st igfnw'gnwágwagwgwegw

shut the fuc up gotpwned u stupid 09 prod roflmao main pk trip fuc u stupid chikin fuk roflmao ugly nub

yo men plode suck my c00k **** im coming in 27 days kill u ***** and ur mom **** mom ass i shotgun number 1 ur mom and ur dad and familly dumb ur clan epidemi c feke ***** white go suck i go in ur house in real u fat nerd school ********. e p i d e b i t ch fgkfhjgjfgjhfjhjhgfhj a q p yes **** kkic me

1st igfnw'gnwágwagwgwegw

yo men plode suck my c00k **** im coming in 27 days kill u ***** and ur mom **** mom ass i shotgun number 1 ur mom and ur dad and familly dumb ur clan epidemi c feke ***** white go suck i go in ur house in real u fat nerd school ********. e p i d e b i t ch fgkfhjgjfgjhfjhjhgfhj a q p yes **** kkic me

rofl fuk u stupid hoe bag 7 days till fat ugly dik **** poor ugly stupid fuk **** poop gat rape ur ***** dogs **** ugly stupid ***** white chikien meat fuk ugly farting face ass monkey ugly ***** cat plodes mom ugly fuk ****** dik stupid **** orgasim fugly ***** reality fuk runescape *****

#nme

www.nme-rs.com/forums

http://www.youtube.com/user/theNMEtube

I can't believe it has been one year, yet everybody still knows who Epidemic are just as much as they did when you were open. I didn't really like you guys that much when you were open but I always had a lot of respect for you and I still do. The pure community still has a good year or so left in it, so you guys shouldn't waste any time if you are going to re-open. Wilderness is fun.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

If you look around quite a few of high ranks in the top clans have Ex Epidemic members/officials.

Can't say that about many other clans who died except TH and they just all went to FI so dont counmt

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

the only clan i consider to be #1 f2p without help from anyone but epidemic

090808174443.png

epidemic forever

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay