Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Importance of ranks

Jet

In 2004-2005 no one cared about ranks, thats why clans warred every single weekend. Pures could go out on the weekend with the intent of gaining some loot and catching up with their friends. Win or lose, we always found the positive aspects of warring on a pure. The difference between gaining #1/2 or 5/6 wasn't sought after with animal fiendishness. Though instead rivalries consisted of healthy competition.

Huge difference between a healthy competition and the rabid hatred people hold currently for other clans.

The atmosphere of clan sites has gone from friendly to hostile. People no longer go out to have a good time, they go out to make others feel pathetic. Sad but true.

Just have fun with what your doing on rs, like anything else.

I know, sounds crazy right? Playing runescape for fun!?! OUTRAGEOUS

Post your opinions. try not to magically turn a blind eye to the flaming, ddosing and hacking in order to appear innocent

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you said and I miss it back then. I also bet $100 people will troll this thread or just quote me and troll me.

You're also exactly right :thumbsup:

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

I agree with everything you said and I miss it back then. I also bet $100 people will troll this thread or just quote me and troll me.

Saying that doesn't help.

But I agree. Clans are so lame now. Care so much about winning. Should just learn to have fun.

Arp-1.png

People have always compared about ranks.

The difference is that now, people let them get in the way of pking.

The topic more or less isn't about ranks. That was just the first title that came to mind

---

Take this into consideration. PW mods now have to go to the trouble of locking the Top Pure Clan topic on weekends to reduce flaming. Are we really that out of control?

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

IRC Nick - [Derrick] Or [sI13]

Msg me On IRC if you need Help

tumblr_m1ntf75gDk1r91c75.gif

silent-1.png

I miss the old days, being #4/#5 is more fun than being #1 anyways. As long as your clan is having fun then thats all that matters.

Well I have some good news for you! 1. MM, 2. FOE, 3. TLP, 4. EOP

OT:

I kinda like having the competition, both the positive and negative aspects of it. It injects more excitement into the game. Right now I like the system thats going on, Mon - Fri is for getting loot, Sat - Sun is for winning. There are two very gratifying aspects to pking, the first is getting loot which is 5m+, the 2nd is defeating a clan you have some beef with.

The sad truth that people may not realise is, we would all be friends if Pure Warfare didn't exist. The reason we've stopped enjoying warring is because of the newfags who find it neccessary to respond to a win with such things as "Haha gf faggots u mad?" because they are just assholes. And then the faggotry contunies even when they lose, they'll make up excuses and try to belittle the victory of the other clan in any way possible.

Remove my post for flames if you must but the first time I started seeing this a lot in fights that Calamity had was with Devastation. And the clan that's bashing us with the same ******** in Control is Zenith. I've just learned to deal with it and at the end of the day, we get more lootations than they do so I don't care if they flame and bait they can do what ever the hell they want.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

The sad truth that people may not realise is, we would all be friends if Pure Warfare didn't exist. The reason we've stopped enjoying warring is because of the newfags who find it neccessary to respond to a win with such things as "Haha gf faggots u mad?" because they are just assholes. And then the faggotry contunies even when they lose, they'll make up excuses and try to belittle the victory of the other clan in any way possible.

Remove my post for flames if you must but the first time I started seeing this a lot in fights that Calamity had was with Devastation. And the clan that's bashing us with the same ******** in Control is Zenith. I've just learned to deal with it and at the end of the day, we get more lootations than they do so I don't care if they flame and bait they can do what ever the hell they want.

It's true. Except it was never this bad on purecommunity forums even way back when. The occasional flames but now every topic is filled up, post after post of trash talk. Everyone talks ****, nerd rages, and jelly-macks. No one can say gf. No one can say "yeah, you beat us today". Everyones looking for a sly/crafty advantage. Every clan wants to be #1 but thinks they have to get their by never losing. That's why a million topics in the aftermath section get blown up because 5 of them say #1 today on the same day. People run, log, tele from fights. Never seen so much nh before. Gold was rarer back in the day and with how easy it is to get now ppl spit on their pride for pixels. **** people new to clanning and **** my iPod touch because I didn't write to express my self very well and this post probably looks absolutely wrecked.

Untitled5t65345.png

Well I'll be honest Druzzy... As much as I hate how far it's going, the whole drama is what makes pure warring interesting. Runescape is a **** game, the drama makes it interesting for some people and I guess it gives them motivation to play. The drama has just been taken too far.

And back in the Pure Community, the ranks who created it cared about the flaming. Now you'll see flaming on 80% of all posts on Pure Warfare and it's getting out of hand. I believe that if we do have the DOU, the official ranks will be able to settle many disputes.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg