Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Importance of ranks

Jet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2004-2005 no one cared about ranks, thats why clans warred every single weekend. Pures could go out on the weekend with the intent of gaining some loot and catching up with their friends. Win or lose, we always found the positive aspects of warring on a pure. The difference between gaining #1/2 or 5/6 wasn't sought after with animal fiendishness. Though instead rivalries consisted of healthy competition.

Huge difference between a healthy competition and the rabid hatred people hold currently for other clans.

The atmosphere of clan sites has gone from friendly to hostile. People no longer go out to have a good time, they go out to make others feel pathetic. Sad but true.

Just have fun with what your doing on rs, like anything else.

I know, sounds crazy right? Playing runescape for fun!?! OUTRAGEOUS

Post your opinions. try not to magically turn a blind eye to the flaming, ddosing and hacking in order to appear innocent

good post. exactly my opinion.

4Fdyf.png

If people actually cared about having fun and not caring about ranks, not being forced into going to a trip to get that rank things would be much better. why do members want to waste their time flaming ddosing hacking when this game is played for fun, thank god i quit

16h3qqf.png

lolrd.gif

triballeaderzulumambulu.png

The sad truth that people may not realise is, we would all be friends if Pure Warfare didn't exist. The reason we've stopped enjoying warring is because of the newfags who find it neccessary to respond to a win with such things as "Haha gf faggots u mad?" because they are just assholes. And then the faggotry contunies even when they lose, they'll make up excuses and try to belittle the victory of the other clan in any way possible.

Remove my post for flames if you must but the first time I started seeing this a lot in fights that Calamity had was with Devastation. And the clan that's bashing us with the same ******** in Control is Zenith. I've just learned to deal with it and at the end of the day, we get more lootations than they do so I don't care if they flame and bait they can do what ever the hell they want.

You can't blame it on Pure Warfare, it isn't our intentions for clans to not get a long and flame each other. The only way you could blame PW is the fact that we're a medium that clans visit. If PW didn't exist, you guys would still find ways to talk **** to each other.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

This is like the 1000th topic about this.

There is not point in posting constructively anymore, nothing will change.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

This new type of warring has two aspects to it:

In game, and on forums.

Before I quit, I remained clanless for around half a year because clanning honestly just sucked. Back then, basically prior to the wilderness being removed, clanning was fun. But after, when they brought in pvp, it all turned around and clanning went from intense to ****.

But here's the upside to it (from my perspective):

Look at the topics, over half the posts are full of **** and trolling. Considering I quit the game, I don't give a **** about it, which is what causes the flame and such to be quite amusing to me.

So ya, it got it's ups and downs.

MySig-1.png

RsisDead.png

Quit RS February 2010, join the club? Sold Pker D o M Btw, if anyone cares.

In 2004 there was no community forums for people to act stupid on, there was much less flaming, and much less hatred shown towards one another. I agree with P0ke, community forums turns everything into flame wars. We'd all be better off using our owns clans forums and thats it.

thekingu.png

@Skillzy, surely you can take something seriously without acting vulgar and imature

@`Peter, yes I agree some leaders set bad examples for their members. Though age doesn't have anything to do with it, usually

That was my honest opinion. I don't see what's immature over it, and I did not use any kind of vulgar language.

skillzy.png

skillzyuga.png

To many immature ranks in clans, and PW admins do not know how to control whats being posted on this site.

In 2004 there was no community forums for people to act stupid on, there was much less flaming, and much less hatred shown towards one another. I agree with P0ke, community forums turns everything into flame wars. We'd all be better off using our owns clans forums and thats it.

Also This ^

LOL! Who still plays this game

@Skillzy, surely you can take something seriously without acting vulgar and imature

@`Peter, yes I agree some leaders set bad examples for their members. Though age doesn't have anything to do with it, usually

That was my honest opinion. I don't see what's immature over it, and I did not use any kind of vulgar language.

Can't tell if your joking or not. Your original post was "some people take this game too seriously". I responded by saying that those said people should be able to take a rivalry seriously without acting like a goon. I wasn't referring to you at any time :rolleyes: Just misread my post.

Zulu, you summed my opinion of the pure world up nicely. 99/100 are like that, but the odd 1 out of 100 actually plays for enjoyment of the game. Most people who played for fun quit in 2007.

Also, to a lot of the people arguing for competition. IM NOT SAYING COMPETITION IS A BAD THING. Its the degree to which people act these days that makes the clan world an ugly place. Re read my post if you don't see =\

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

The thing is, so many people will agree on this topic to make themselves look good, but when it's clan warfare topic time, it's a completely different story.

hilightsig.png

Proud Leader of Hostility

The thing is, so many people will agree on this topic to make themselves look good, but when it's clan warfare topic time, it's a completely different story.

Im not asking people to agree.

Seeing as its a topic, on a forum, the main idea is to discuss. Post your own ideas.

there was no pure community back then and what two official clans? not a well thought out post

You quite obviously didn't play in 2005 (or any time before), as the number of active pure clans was closer to 20 rather than 2. All with runehead mls, active clans

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

I wasn't part of the pure community in 2004 (I was a main :O) but I'm going to guess your right that the pure world was flame free, mainly due to MM being the only established main clan active in 2004.

Because people can't register on your clans forums :thumbsup:

People obviously want a central place to communicate with other pures; however, most pures can't seem to control themselves. Look for instance at RSC, loads of main clans frequent that site, but they're not immature and full of idiots. If you didn't get my correlation, it's the people who use PW, not PW.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

If there was no central community (Pure Warfare), the majority of flame and hostility between clans would end - because there would be nowhere for it to take place. However, the pure world would crumble. Having a home for all clans to talk is what brings many recruits to clans, brings guides and help to pures, etc. It's got it's ups and it's down.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend