Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The next breakthrough clan?

Jet

No clan can progress anymore. You never see a small clan rise up like the way we saw 2-3 years ago (epidemic for example).

I think its due to the age of runescape, its players, and lack-there-of a wild for the past two-three years.

Pure competition has been really static lately (ranks rarely change)... which bores me greatly. Clanning is really 1-dimensional, that is unless you get into teams which are becoming much more popular.

I'm not looking at this as a terrible problem :teehee: , just something worth discussing.

-

I could be wrong as this is only my opinion. I just think that now that the WILD is back, pure communities and teams should have a lot more at their disposal. Fresh members, more activity (anyone else notice the increase of rs players since feb 1st), overall positivity, etc

When will the next clan "break through"? Will we have to wait for the summer (along with activity)?

Or am I blind and is the next 'it' clan already making a run?

Post if you have anything insightful to say ^_^

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a clan's community, and not it's rank that makes fit for survival. Teams have always come and gone. And few clans have strong communities. This today is the reason you see clans like MM, EOP, FI, CP, TLP, & FOE still open. Ranks also come and go. Some clans they come easy, others you have to work for them. All clans go through changes, and when the ranks change, the clans change. Every person with say so puts there spin on things creating a broader clan image. The game itself is always changing as well, only clans with strong communities are able to adapt. In retrospect it's really just a repetitive cycle. New ranks, new clans, dead clans, same clans, new leaders, new people, different communities, respect, no respect, honor, no honor, ect. What ties everything together is the competitiveness. Clans die without it.

Untitled5t65345.png

Cpr

Clans that are still alive might have a slightly better chance

-

Ya, i'd agree clans closing impact ranks for sure Waldo. I remember back in the day official "merges" always ended in absolute failure because an even sharing of leadership could never be worked out.

I think its almost the norm now to asume a dieing clan will follow the footsteps of another (as one). Kinda funny since it was entirely nh 3 years ago lol

-

Druzzy; although your post was crazy offtopic i can relate and agree. community makes up a great part of a clan. So what or how do you see these new clans forming using this to their advantage?

Plenty of clans such as Zenith or E had huge communities before they died. I think leadership has a way greater impact than said 'community', since the leader makes the final decisions.

Infact id say epidemic was 100% based around its leadership (I don't want to make this a topic about epidemic -- just an example)

Cpr

Clans that are still alive might have a slightly better chance

-

Ya, i'd agree clans closing impact ranks for sure Waldo. I remember back in the day official "merges" always ended in absolute failure because an even sharing of leadership could never be worked out.

I think its almost the norm now to asume a dieing clan will follow the footsteps of another (as one). Kinda funny since it was entirely nh 3 years ago lol

-

Druzzy; although your post was crazy offtopic i can relate and agree. community makes up a great part of a clan. So what or how do you see these new clans forming using this to their advantage?

Plenty of clans such as Zenith or E had huge communities before they died. I think leadership has a way greater impact than said 'community', since the leader makes the final decisions.

For example IR a few months ago managed to secure FS + dF merging into us. For one weekend we pulled 70+ in f2p and instantly could compete with just about any clan. The merge wouldn't hold though as the new members soon decided to head out and make their own clans and IR ended up worse than it started.

If a leadership were able to hold a merge together then skyrocketing into the top ranks is certainly possible. The problem is most members only stay in merges for a month if the clan is lucky. After that they start to divide out and either remake the old clan or make new clans.

Ya main problem with a merge is that most often its like grouping together black and white (not a race reference).

People get the idea that clans are so much different, so when merges occurs members take it personally. I remember when my clan merged in 2005 and it felt like part of my clan was loosing its personality.

Same thing happened when i was in CP when they merged with SD.

I can agree to that. Merges often feel like a new clan and thus members don't feel the commitment to stay in the clan they originally joined. I just believe that a merge is the only realistic way to catapult a clan into the ranks of cp/tlp/fi/foe/eop/mm. The only other way to compete with the massive pulls and experience of these top clans is to somehow gather the massers and pures at edge and train them into a cohesive pure warring unit. The member base of pure warfare is simply not large enough for anyone to recruit an adequately large number of people from clanless members alone. I suppose you could say recruiting is a zero-sum game if we recruit only from within PW. Thus the only way to secure enough members to compete with behemoths like MM and EOP is through clans closing and the members joining together.

It's a clan's community, and not it's rank that makes fit for survival. Teams have always come and gone. And few clans have strong communities. This today is the reason you see clans like MM, EOP, FI, CP, TLP, & FOE still open. Ranks also come and go. Some clans they come easy, others you have to work for them. All clans go through changes, and when the ranks change, the clans change. Every person with say so puts there spin on things creating a broader clan image. The game itself is always changing as well, only clans with strong communities are able to adapt. In retrospect it's really just a repetitive cycle. New ranks, new clans, dead clans, same clans, new leaders, new people, different communities, respect, no respect, honor, no honor, ect. What ties everything together is the competitiveness. Clans die without it.

druzzy 4 leader

bestleader.jpg

120409005449.png

xwdIz.png

4yVer.png

bestwarlord.png

WE81x.gif

qOY7v.png

FAX2J.png

Well i believe Ct are already competing with Fi, CP and TLP in F2P, and Fi/CP in P2P? Or thats what i gathered from recent pw topics. It wouldn't suprise me to see Ct overtake Fi and CP completely in both servers if they stay consistent and don't **** it up.

If you're talking about a new clan breaking into the very top, then i don't see any of the current clans being able to do that. The only recent clan that looked mildly capable of doing so was CPR when they had that beastly P2P run, but as soon as they got known, they had a influx of low quality members that pretty much ruined their clan.

7431051924523195.png

@High Council of the #1 pure clan.

If you don't like how we run our clan, we're doing it right.

Guest SeanP

ef. they pulled 61 with a 59 man ml. o wait

OT: It depends on the leadership qualities and the community, only time can tell.

Yeah I didn't expect this topic to hold up, but it made it to the 12-13th post which is decent enough

i'll just enjoy watching ppl quote eachother, post clan names rather than actually converse an original idea for once

Zzz

Perhaps if the idiot members from each clan stop leaving for juvenile reasons and creating their own clan because they 'think' they can do better, we'd see a decent clan develop.

#mayhem-makers

It depends on the leadership. Any clan can survive and thrive while the pulls are consistant, but almost every "new era" clan closes as soon as it reaches a difficult phase. Look at clans like EOP, MM, FOE, Fi and now look at the new kids on the block. At first the difference seems to be that these clans all simply pull high, what may not come to your mind immediately is the fact that in the span of the last 3 years at least one of these clans has been entirely off the map due to leadership difficulties or insanely low pulls. This is why I say that it is all about pulling through both the good times and bad.

MEANINGLESS APHORISM HERE