Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Clan Leader rank

OIdwildy

G'day everyone. My name is OIdwildy.

Now that I've baited you in with my topic title, let's talk about EF.

They're a sh- lol nah just trolling, this topic is srs.

While I was reading topics and thinking a bit, I found a nuisance.

There isn't a single clan I like anymore!

Every clan I see here that has the potential to do big, play in a mature and fun way with other clans get demolished by their own immature member base. 13 year olds getting baited too soon, forgetting to turn off profanity filters... the list goes on.

When a clan is featured in another clan's topic, some kids jump on it to defend their clan. Nothing wrong with it, until it gets out of hand.

And since the mods can't just close every topic for us, and have to hide 80% of the replys anyway, these flames keep getting out of hand.

As a great man once said;

No rivalries anymore, it's just blatant hate.

This is all too truthful. The biggest reason for this are aftermath topics. I admit to being part of the blame, but let's stop pointing fingers and start rebuilding this community.

What is my proposition?

To give the Clan Leader rank on purewarfare semi-mod powers.

No, I don't mean give Inu the power to mute TH members (- what? He already has that power? Bias.)

What I want to see is clan leaders have the power over members of their own clan. When one of your own members goes out of line, you don't give him warn and let his comment keep fueling the hate, no, the clan leader himself can just 'hide' that reply, or mute said player for a certain ammount of time. This will keep your clan looking mature and Zen, instead of a bunch of butthurt crybabies.

I'd also like the Clan Warfare section to get cleaned up a bit. Topic makers (LULZ ME- nah, just keep the power with the clan leaders) should get the 'power' to hide replies. Yes, it's bias. But way too many topics get off topic as soon as a person from a rivalling clan gets on it; even if they weren't featured. And fanboys jump on haters, and the hatred continues.

If you have a different view on what happened on the fight, and you can't express those feelings in someone elses topic, you can just make your own. And opposing members won't be able to flame your topic. Everyone happy. And so everyone will become one big happy family again.

Will this solve rivalries? Nope. Rivalries are needed; it gives both clans a purpose and a reason to get out and kick some ass. A reason to train and grind this game called 'scape.

But the Hatred between clans is what should be fixed.

Nobody is forcing you to get on friendly base with members in opposing clans, but just interacting in a polite or mature way with fellow gamers could be a real great experience, because face it; your clan isn't the only one with a great memberbase with some serious clanpride.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png
-Proud to have been a member of Enigma
-Proud to have been a member of Negative since 23-1-2011
-Proud to have been Malice in Wonderland since 17-7-2011
-Proud to be #NME. Last clan I'll rock since 8-9-2011

Good idea, only problems would be Clan Leaders actually taking the step to hide their member's flame/troll/bait.

I think the major problem is two clans claiming a win while providing proof that conflict each other's claims.......if nobody claimed a win and if nobody implied taking the win it would solve everything. But that'll never happen ;)

Listen to Many, Speak to Few
yawnz.gif
10mtye9.jpg
yawnz.gif
Forgive your Enemies, but Never Forget their Names
-Ya Boy Yawnz-

Would be a good idea, But there is no way Karl can make it so I could only hide Zenith members comments. I'm sure alot of clan leaders would abuse this and hide anything on there topics and maybe just go round hiding anything they can on stuff nothing to do with aftermath topic. You would think all the clan leaders and mature sensible and smart, so did I until I was given access to view the "clan leader" section on the forums.

But I do think this is a good idea is it could be executed correctly.

7w5ek.png
Z4Gkv.png
fVMqV.png

I think it's a good idea, but some clan leaders may not be as active as they should be and may not keep up with all their out-of-hand members or may not control it when they see it. Which only deletes a small percentage of the idiots on this site. Regardless, I think it's a good idea ~ small percentage is better than none.

Good topic mate.

Retired March 2012

find me an admin that wants to set up member groups for every clan, give leaders permissions over that member group, and do it everytime a clan closes/opens

cool idea, but it won't happen man

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

Hello, my name is Mr. LanCleader and I think that Your idea is great! I think reducing flaming between clans is the first step in overcoming the ever-continuing downgrading of this community!

*goes to the clan warfare section*

"you are stupid, you should stop feeding your clan propaganda and here is one random picture which makes everything look like we won. now gtfo purewarfare and stop flaming and take example from me, anyway you won't be a problem for long cuz we'll close your sht clan"

*goes to his clan's forum*

"Dear members,

-insert motivational ********-

please stop flaming on pure-warfare, i know that -insert clan- is sht and we're so much better and laik omfg we own nubs and we so awesome, but please stop."

Point being, giving these privileges to clan leaders will ultimately fail simply because clan leaders are some of the people who bait/flame the most.

And anyway, if a clan leader cannot control his members simply by asking not to flame, then maybe he/she should reconsider the value of those members to the clan.

smartestposter.png

Proud Master of Negative.

Proud Ex-Member of Malice

Proud Member of Enemy

I will not interfere and let this topic mature on its own.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png

Or we can just lock the aftermaths topics immediatly so that there are no flame topics. Most leaders (if they get the power you requested) will abuse against the enemy clan they rage @. Easyest and quickest way without any disregards. If you have YOUR way of seeing things, post it :)

Ex-Ef Experienced Member

Ex-Zenith Member

Current: NME

2mnrj44.png <3

LBnJ7.png

Owning since...ever?

So pretty much the topic maker can make a topic of complete ******** and hide any replies challenging its validity or disproving the facts of it.

Sounds like a smashing idea m8.

NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE. Click the link below to go beyond the limits.

qOY7v.png

So pretty much the topic maker can make a topic of complete ******** and hide any replies challenging its validity or disproving the facts of it.

looking at it this way :/

Ex-Ef Experienced Member

Ex-Zenith Member

Current: NME

2mnrj44.png <3

LBnJ7.png

Owning since...ever?

Love the idea of allowing clan leaders to moderate their own members even if I doubt it will happen. Don't like the idea of topic creators being able to mod, I think that should be left to the real mods.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

Its a good idea, and I support the idea of rebuilding this PC, however, most of these clans nowadays have kids who care WAY too much about runescape and WAY too many immature kids who cannot control themselves. If it was up to me I would have already banned a lot of members and keep the ones that dont cause problems.

Founder & Leader of Evolution Pures
Former Senior Member of Epidemic| Former Leader of The Hatred| Former Member of NME

The abuse and blatand lies (if proven to be lies by either pictures or videos) would result in said topic creator/clan leader having his rank/rights removed.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png

Great Idea in theory. But what if that member does not want to be "affiliated" with their clan and people know they are from that given clan. Then who hides their flame? No one wants to be controlled by anyone even their leaders.

Proud to have been a member of Carnage [2008-Closed]

Proud Legend of Zenith [2010-Present]

seanssig.jpg

seansltdpic1edited.jpg