Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

A Different Perspective

-Austin-

BEFORE YOU READ

If i mention your clan at any point throughout this, please take no offense. I'm not sure how many clans I'll mention and for what reason I'll mention them. I blame all clans for their wrongdoing, including the one i lead myself. I don't see any innocence. Be prepared for a wall of text. nb4tldr

Let the wall of text begin!

After looking in at the pure community from a new perspective, one from the outside, I've realized a few things. The first is that the community and the clanning that i used to love is no longer the same. It's not the pure clanning that i fell in love with years ago. Infact, it's not even the clanning a year ago. There is a constant decline in pure clanning and pulls. There's a reason for the lack of members. I think i have a decently good explanation for it. Guess what? This topic has nothing to do with defence levels.

The Problem

There are several main problems that I've noticed that i think have hurt the pure community the most. I'll discuss each one in a separate paragraph.

The first, and possibly most important, is Saturday (and Sunday, but mainly Saturday though) Pk Trips. Almost EVERY clan that uses this website works their tails off all week for a few hours 1-2 days a week. During this day, the clan goes "Pking" for 2-3 hours. During these 2-3 hours there is about 30-45minutes of actual fighting. The rest involves sitting in the lobby, getting crashed, regrouping, waiting for action in single, and my most favorite, getting sniped by a bigger clan is single. Every clan does this, and there's more too it. Every clan leader has to get himself a good leak/spy base before the weekend, or the trip is sure to fail. Clans pay money to chase smaller clans around. They pay money to ruin clans' wars. Why? To show their power! To show how "Good" they are! To be able to write an extra paragraph for their Saturday topic on pure-warfare! Don't get me wrong, I'm as guilty as they come, but so is your clan. So are your leaders.

The levels are terribly wrong! Look at your clan. You have levels 65-110 attempting to PK together all at the same time! It kills me. Every clan will accept many different combat levels, because they want to have more numbers. This leads back to the original Saturday discussion. If clans would keep their levels within a 10 or even 20 level radius, then they could PK at any time and place and have no problems whatsoever. Instead, if a members wants to pk, they have to ask around their clan, in an attempt to try to find someone else their level to pk with. It's terrible. I remember when i helped with EF's reopening back in January 2011. Everyone in that clan was between 60-79 combat for the first few months. It's was beautiful. We could PK whenever we wanted in w57, and we did. This brings me to my next topic of discussion.

Set event times. The clan 'The Archaic' had the right idea of this, but they took it to the extreme. Yes, plan events so you can have alot of your members on at the same time. No, don't plan events because everyone else plans their events at that time. If you ask a leader why preps are from 4-6est, they will say because that's when preps are held. If you ask why a clan doesn't pk P2P on Saturday and F2P on Sunday, then they will say because that's not how you do it. Why not? Who makes these rules that say when you can and can't schedule events. To be honest all i see now during the midweek are preps from 4-6est, that you need to sign up for!

However, there doesn't have to be a set time!

There are never PK trips randomly that don't involve another clan and a pure-warfare topic. This is because clans think that if they don't have someone to fight, then there's no point in Pking. This is terribly wrong! There is always someone to fight. There's always that kid at rune rocks. There's always that small team pking in W18 or W57. There's always somone to kill in the wilderness, you just have to go looking. Sometimes you can PK for loot instead of pking for a topic on a forums that other clans use.

The Big Picture

Imagine this. What if every clan, F2P or P2P, randomly Pk'd during the week at random times. You would never know who or what you were going to run into. Every clan would be pking, masser clans would be pking, small teams would be pking, and the action every single day would be endless. It all starts with narrowing the combat levels, and being more laid back about having to schedule every single event. It's not a big deal, you won't lose you 'PW-Rep' if you fight a masser clan. You won't lose your rep if you kill that main team for bank l00t.

So much more fun can be had from this. Sure you can still have your little preps and Pk trips, but don't make them as important as you do. Honeslty, is it that important to pay people 10m+ a trip for locations. Is it that important to hit off somone's teamspeak? Is it that important to attack a clan in single that have less than you, so that you can get them to multi and have an easy win? Is it that important to make everything done as a clan scheduled? That's up to the leaders, and partly the members, to decide. Members if you're reading this, then tell your clan leaders that you want to unofficial pk. Tell them you don't want DDOS'ing. Tell them you want to stop attacking clans in single. These little things can improve the community. It's not getting completely fixed. It never will. It can improve.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ctrl + f'd hazard and hz didn't come up wit anythin

therefore no read

29q01op.jpg

Coming at Full Force since February 1st, 2012.

hzsigbrol.png
Retired 6/28/14

This topic has been reformatted and discussed too many times this year.

Yeah, but mine doesn't say "You're all sad noobs who aren't pures l2getrid of addy and all klen will be happy"

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

[01:12:19] <BvG> And say i support bvg becuz he ownz

I support BvG becuz he ownz

Proud to have been a +Member, +Legend, and ^Council of Enemy
AqopR.png

(00:04:53) <@[Ch]X|420> i like this topic alot.

(00:04:58) <@[Ch]X|420> makes so much ****** sense bro..

(00:05:02) <@[Ch]X|420> good job. very well written

(00:31:32) <@BvG> [Ch]X y u no post on it

(00:31:38) <@[Ch]X> i dont have an acc on pw

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

Stop trying to change things, nothing will change. People don't want to PK during the day because the game ******* sucks and the majority of us have better things to do than sit on here getting ****** the **** off by some idiot fuckheads on the game. Logic injected.

#mayhem-makers

Pretty well written and thought out, and I agree with most of it. A couple things though: members of my clan go pking together a lot during the week, though they aren't official topicworthy trips, just small trips attended by those who feel like pking. I am sure many other clans have similar events. I would also like to add to the bit about trips being crappy that a major reason for this is the now widespread acceptance of KDR as a measure of success.

Last thing, this topic is also about def lvls lol. You may not have explicitly stated it, but an account with turmoil is 12 combat levels higher than one with identical offensive stats but 1 def and 52 pray. The advent of turmoil etc. greatly increased the combat gap between clanmates.

Still a good read, thanks for posting.

LPC's seem to be the only clans that pk during the week, but there is a huge decline in them. Clans wouldn't dare take a loss in this game, it's too bad for the clan, they would much rather go to the lobby. The only clan i see that never runs is MM, but being the #1 clan they have no need to run.

Set event times. The clan 'The Archaic' had the right idea of this, but they took it to the extreme. Yes, plan events so you can have alot of your members on at the same time. No, don't plan events because everyone else plans their events at that time.

The only way to realistically do this (which is what we did in Ai) is to completely separate yourself from the community as a clan (or in our case a guild lelel). If you aren't part of the community, you base your times around when it is most convenient to pk, which for us was mostly late during the week.

We also kept ourselves out of the drama of clan rivalries. Even when clans would claim wins when we won, we would just let them post their topics without a comment.

The levels are terribly wrong! Look at your clan. You have levels 65-110 attempting to PK together all at the same time! It kills me. Every clan will accept many different combat levels, because they want to have more numbers.

This is another thing we were built on. Our clan (guild) was meant to pk, so we kept as tight a combat range as we could (40-50, 45-55, 50-60), while discouraging prayer and having a defence cap of 4. Clans these days are only effective at killing each other, because they are all so varied in combat levels.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

Set event times. The clan 'The Archaic' had the right idea of this, but they took it to the extreme. Yes, plan events so you can have alot of your members on at the same time. No, don't plan events because everyone else plans their events at that time.

The only way to realistically do this (which is what we did in Ai) is to completely separate yourself from the community as a clan (or in our case a guild lelel). If you aren't part of the community, you base your times around when it is most convenient to pk, which for us was mostly late during the week.

We also kept ourselves out of the drama of clan rivalries. Even when clans would claim wins when we won, we would just let them post their topics without a comment.

The levels are terribly wrong! Look at your clan. You have levels 65-110 attempting to PK together all at the same time! It kills me. Every clan will accept many different combat levels, because they want to have more numbers.

This is another thing we were built on. Our clan (guild) was meant to pk, so we kept as tight a combat range as we could (40-50, 45-55, 50-60), while discouraging prayer and having a defence cap of 4. Clans these days are only effective at killing each other, because they are all so varied in combat levels.

Only part where Archaic went wrong (apart from the pretty much faultless set up), was that:

A. Omni, the reason many of the members were put together, essentially quit scape dude to the realisation of how **** the game really is.

and

B. Endorsed no competition.

Proud Ex-Member of NME
Proud Ex-Leader of Brave Theory
retired.
Supporting Epidemic
cHIzQrd.png

LPC's seem to be the only clans that pk during the week, but there is a huge decline in them. Clans wouldn't dare take a loss in this game, it's too bad for the clan, they would much rather go to the lobby. The only clan i see that never runs is MM, but being the #1 clan they have no need to run.

Every time I see you post, It just reminds me of how dumb you are. WOWza.

******* hell Christian, ******* HELL M8.

Many clans go out and Pk during the week, incase you haven't seen already (your clan only does f2p for some stupid reason) both wilds are dead as ****. You can't pk at level 80 in f2p, nothing but mains in rune and they rape you. P2P wild is nothing but a bunch of one itemers.

It's sad to say, but the game is more dead then Whitney Houston seriously...I don't even complain about it anymore, the game is just dead man, it's just dead

29q01op.jpg

Coming at Full Force since February 1st, 2012.

hzsigbrol.png
Retired 6/28/14

Only part where Archaic went wrong (apart from the pretty much faultless set up), was that:

A. Omni, the reason many of the members were put together, essentially quit scape dude to the realisation of how **** the game really is.

and

B. Endorsed no competition.

True. Omni himself realized how stupid some of the clans on this board really are. Eventually got sick of how boring the wilderness was considering theres almost no one that pks anymore. Not even really masser clans it seems.

Archaic, for the time it was around was alot of fun. I enjoyed the trips, i had a good laugh and it wasnt to serious. Thats how clans are supposed to be run. The end goal is to have fun on a video game, it is NOT about seeing who u can troll, or make mad or flame. It is NOT about how much of a E-thug u are ddosing ts's or sites.

But like others have said, this topic has been made so many times and nothing has changed. The 'pure community' needs to come together or needs to die. Those are the 2 things that need to happen.

The outcomes:

Pure community dies (meaning most clans close) - New clans will be born, with stricter rules on defence. Mostly being the Lpc scene.

The pure community comes together - All leaders sit down, and put aside their problems/hate and work together to get back to the community that there once was. Giving respectable fights to each other. Crash/flame free. The leaders need to kick people that hacked/scammed and tell other leaders about these people and basically banning them from all pure clans.

Personally i hope for the community to come together. But i have a feeling the community will die.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS