Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

30 Defence/Anything above 53 prayer

Carnage

Definitions of pure on the Web:

* free of extraneous elements of any kind; "pure air and water"; "pure gold"; "pure primary colors"; "the violin's pure and lovely song"; "pure tones"; "pure oxygen"

* arrant(a): without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain ...

* saturated: (of color) being chromatically pure; not diluted with white or grey or black

* free from discordant qualities

* concerned with theory and data rather than practice; opposed to applied; "pure science"

* (used of persons or behaviors) having no faults; sinless; "I felt pure and sweet as a new baby"- Sylvia Plath; "pure as the driven snow"

* in a state of sexual virginity; "pure and vestal modesty"; "a spinster or virgin lady"; "men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"

"PURE" 30 def. End of discussion.

xtdthroughthesmoke.png

www.CLAN-FI.com
#Fatality

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to a certain extent with you there Haris, it just matters what the rest of your stats are though..

Yeah, exactly. I believe being "pure" in RS means staying a certain way to get a certain advantage. Some people get 31 def for Turmoil and remain 31 def because that is the lowest their def can stay when getting that "advantage". Some people get 13 def because that is the lowest their def can be when getting a Slayer Helm and rune gloves. Same goes for 45 def and all the little things that come with that. You guys have to remember why people started making accounts that are 1 defense. It was an advantage at the time! Keep your defense level low while you raise all your other stats such as strength, range, and mage. Then, people started discovering the advantages of raising your defense level slightly to get things such as Rune Gloves, Slayer Helms, Initiate, etc. Clans these days are just using other clans having members with higher defense as an excuse for losing. Honestly, how much harder is it to hit through 30 def than 1 def? Remember we're "pure" clans, not "1 def pure" clans.

Idk just getting my thoughts out...

xtdthroughthesmoke.png

www.CLAN-FI.com
#Fatality

Alright I was just wondering what everyones opinion on 30 defence was. To be honest 30 defence is NOT PURE. First of all that's 7+ combat levels. You have access to more armors that give you an advantage over pures who have 1 defence. In F2P you have a hell of a lot better chance to tank. In P2P you have access to robes that have such a boost advantage it's unreal.

You just explained exactly why it can be interpreted as pure. If the defense was gained purely for offensive boosts, then it could be argued that it is pure. Where-as if someone gets 20 defense they have gotten it purely for the armour. In my opinion, 30 defense is more pure than 20 defense.

realm.png
[The Dreaded Council]
[Malice Founder]

You just explained exactly why it can be interpreted as pure. If the defense was gained purely for offensive boosts, then it could be argued that it is pure. Where-as if someone gets 20 defense they have gotten it purely for the armour. In my opinion, 30 defense is more pure than 20 defense.

ppl usually get 20 def for the massive magic bonus u get from mystic

add on to that point, i hate 20 def accounts without 94 mage, ur basically a huge failure

Attack Big Alex 67(Level-85+10)/ 2 more options

ba67.png

bigalex672.png

1-29 def is pure

get all the pray you want IMO

Wrong. 1-25 defence is pure.

add on to that point, i hate 20 def accounts without 94 mage, ur basically a huge failure

Yeah, haha.

Since when.. I really rarely saw anyone with 20 def have mystic..

And Sefket your wrong, it should be 1-5 or 1-10 def, but it's 1-20..

MySig-1.png

RsisDead.png

Quit RS February 2010, join the club? Sold Pker D o M Btw, if anyone cares.

In rsc, if you had prayer or magic you were impure. But now in Rs2 the "pure" definition has changed. I still believe that pure is defined by only 1 thing: defence. If you are higher than 5, you're not pure, you're just a PKer.

And for the prayer, any level is fine, especially with the new dungeoneering prayers that just came out.

45w2jk.gif

It is funny how this same topic keeps reoccurring year to year.

- I'll discuss Prayer Later...

First Phase

10 def - Not too much here as was early on and tbh didn't make that much of a difference in overall tanking

Second Phase

20 def - Large difference in tanking and warring abilities many many topics here

Third Phase

25 def - basically got included because awmg infinity looks so cool and its only 5 more lets put that in man

Fourth Phase [Current]

30+ def - massive bonus's that really lose the definition of pure because of the sheer difference in combat matters

Ex. Wars - Guess what level 100's used to be mains, now I have these idiots attacking me while wear their cool pure gear and raping the crap out of me, i'm an average pure 78 combat and I can deal with around the high 80's attacking me but it's not fair to have these mains crash our wars

Ex Mini Wars - There should be a certain extent to the ability a pure can tank too.. Even the best 20 def tankers shouldn't last more than 25 secs (I'm estimating times here don't get mad); when a so called pure can reach the ability to tank for over a minute you start to head into the area of a main just wrecking low level pures

Sure maybe I won't meet the 30 defence god's in edgeville, but I'll see them on the battlefield fighting my clan, how do I combat a God as an average pure?

---Prayer---

I don't really seea problem with prayer just because of the fact that it is a malleable stat that can be used as a good offensive advantage and doesn't effect your combat too much

First Phase

1 pray - not really needed just their

25 pray - omg gotta protect my items - a decent advantage but kinda noobish idk

31 pray - ulitimate str, good bonuses and makes you hit better still pure

44/45 pray - basically an addition to the other prayers still fair game

52 pray - pures were made to combat mains at a decent combat and a good way to try and get that morons whip is to smite the crap out of him ;a good advatage to sort of combat the protect item fair game

95 pray - Here's how I see it fair game BUT only if you can have below 1 def with it because it is still fair to use against mains and other pures

ALTHOUGH when grouped with 30 def it is unreachable; there should be things that pures just shouldn't get..

But 42 def for void is something that should be unreachable yet I can see someone reasoning this because "oh you know what 35 def isnt bad oh 42 will be max...........................

My Novela of Opinions :)

Since when.. I really rarely saw anyone with 20 def have mystic..

And Sefket your wrong, it should be 1-5 or 1-10 def, but it's 1-20..

**** off back to retirement you clueless moron

[center][img=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Maine_Coon_2.JPG/800px-Maine_Coon_2.JPG][/center]

Too large of a Signature

The pure world has advanced and ive advanced with it...

Ive played for several years now and have watched the pure world evolve from only being 1 defence, to people saying "FAIL ACCOUNT YOUR NOT PURE, if u had 5 defence" .. the truth is 1defence was a thing on the past and what we called pure .. the more people that turn to 30 defence, soon enough the minority becomes the majority and social influence will lead to the majority being known as pures. as far as i cans ee msot pures are 30 defence, soon they will be the majority and the majority will become PURES.

Proud to be a leader and a part of CPR

So you're telling me 69 i with 99 prayer and no turmoil or nothing is advantaged in some way? Being boosted another x amount of levels, with such a low defence level is a disadvantage for him. Sure, his prayer lasts longer, but it makes his PKing life so much more difficult because he will be up against pures with a higher attack and or defence level.

Defence, 1 is pure, anything else is x amount of failed levels.

konka-2.png
o4vos.png

FC8uv.png

Honestly I'll say that 1 def is pure, 2 def if you accidentally used a spear or something.

I'm 30 def because I can be accepted into pure clans with it. If pure clans demanded 1-10 I'd consider making a new account. The people saying 1-20 is fine that's really just a bad argument. Prosthelyte gives prayer bonus as well. Pure isn't "Lets see how many quests I can cram onto my account w/o breaking ___ Def level". Pure is supposed to 1 Defense 1 Prayer.

The reason new "pures" have come about is because 1 Def 1 Pray accounts are terrible once they hit 70ish combat and can be dominated by defense (don't even mention p2p). The point of a pure account is first and foremost to manipulate the combat system by lowering your combat and killing a player with balanced stats. If a balanced stats player just tanks you out and you can't hit on him then your account is pretty pointless.