Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

30 Defence/Anything above 53 prayer

Carnage

Alright I was just wondering what everyones opinion on 30 defence was. To be honest 30 defence is NOT PURE. First of all that's 7+ combat levels. You have access to more armors that give you an advantage over pures who have 1 defence. In F2P you have a hell of a lot better chance to tank. In P2P you have access to robes that have such a boost advantage it's unreal.

Now on to prayer.

53 prayer is the same combat level as having 52 prayer. This is a neccesity because people WILL PRAY AGAINST YOU AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER and you need something to help drain their prayer.

Anything above 53 prayer is IMPURE. I see a lot of "pures" today with 70+ prayer. That's a good 2 combat levels above what is needed so how can you call yourself pure if you have those stats?

This isn't to bash anyone with 53+ prayer or 30+ defence. This is just to show you how much of an unfair advantage 30 defence "pures" and "pures" with 53+ prayer have over people who are actually PURES.

Discuss.

Member of EOP 10 FEB. 2010
99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010
Legend of EOP 23 FEB. 2010
Elite Member of EOP 22 MARCH 2010
Quit EOP MAY 2010 - RETIRED
Member of EOP 12 JULY 2011

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on the 30 defence one, to be honest I think anything above 1 defence isin't pure. I mean if they got 2 defence accidentally, still pure. But purposly getting defence levels = impure.

The prayer thing makes no sense, 70 prayer is access to Piety (Unless there's somekind of quests needed to get it? idk) which is an excellent tool for warring. Having higher prayer means being able to live longer and less need for prayer bonuses in your armour

I agree with you on the 30 defence one, to be honest I think anything above 1 defence isin't pure. I mean if they got 2 defence accidentally, still pure. But purposly getting defence levels = impure.

The prayer thing makes no sense, 70 prayer is access to Piety (Unless there's somekind of quests needed to get it? idk) which is an excellent tool for warring. Having higher prayer means being able to live longer and less need for prayer bonuses in your armour

Exactly. Having defence gives you an advantage to LIVE LONGER and SO DOES PRAYER. But BOTH boost your COMBAT LEVELS so HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU PURE?

It doesn't.

99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010

Exactly. Having defence gives you an advantage to LIVE LONGER and SO DOES PRAYER. But BOTH boost your COMBAT LEVELS so HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU PURE?

It doesn't.

So does hp. IS THAT UNPURE TOO!?!?!?!!?!?!? OMG MUST BE 10 HP OR IM NOT PURE!??!?!?!?!?!??!!!

Arp-1.png

Why are you complaining about advantages. The entire idea of being pure is to have an advantage over people with impure stats. I won't go into a discussion on defense because regardless of what is argued clans will still end up allowing 30. However, I really don't understand why you would complain about prayer.

Say someone gets 70 prayer on their 1 def account which previously had 44 prayer. Consider it an offensive stat, their prayer lasts almost twice as long, basically an entire fight with likely some to spare. Wouldn't that be the equivalent of training your stats up to the boosted levels? For only 2 combat levels as well.

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

A pure is (or was) defined as a player with low defence and high combat stats.

Based on this definition, if there was a maxed out 30 defence account and the rest were 99's, wouldn't the definition of Pure match it?

However, if all clans offered 30 def, then everything will change wouldn't it?

I also don't see how people with 30+ def and these new prayers are allowed into pure clans since that gives a pretty big advantage, but that's a whole other story.

Proud Ex-Leader of Carnage

Proud Ex-Manager of TLP

So does hp. IS THAT UNPURE TOO!?!?!?!!?!?!? OMG MUST BE 10 HP OR IM NOT PURE!??!?!?!?!?!??!!!

You truly are retarded. :blush:

99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010

Getting 30 defence before maxed is impure.

ƒatality ƒorever

swordsul7.gifFatality Warlord since 7/13/10 at 7:56 AM PST
skullbonesbl2.gifFatality Officer since 4/25/10 at 2:59 PM PST

Fatality Advanced Member since 1/21/10 at 5:15 PM PST
Fatality Full Member since 9/26/09 at 6:00 PM PST
Fatality Future App since 8/15/09 at 6:00 PM PST
209mwyg.gif