Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

defence in pure clans

13th

I think it comes down to training defence intentionally.

If you train defence willingly for whatever reason, you are not a pure, be it 5 defence or 20.

TLP, start over.

otter.gif
hayley-williams.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as someone that has had countless pures over the past five years, and has some degree of knowledge over how the runescape combat formula works I will post my opinion.

In runescape you have two types of combat skills, primary and secondary.

primary - Attack, strength, range, mage

secondary - defence, hitpoints, summoning, prayer

primary skills have no set formula as such, and grant combat levels dependant on how high each one of them is separately. with the exception of strength and attack counting as one skill as far as the combat formula is concerned. if for example you train for 99 range, with your other two primary combat stats being low then it will take a great amount of levels to grant you another combat level, as there is direct correlation between how high your "account type" (range/mage/melee) stats is to the number of levels from the other two combat types needed to combat level.

this opens the doors for pures that select only one type of combat type and stick to it, and tbh that's what a true pure is but of course isn't very versatile and fail soloing at higher combat levels.

secondary skills ALWAYS have a set formula preset to combat level - for example your GUARANTEED a combat level every 8 prayer levels. Due to the ability to control your combat level directly from whatever your secondary skills are regardless of any other combat stats (primary or secondary) you - players tend to have these stats at "keypoints" (for example - 40 defence for rune, 52 prayer for smite etc.) as they have no other use other than what keypoints they give (defence being a slight exception, but let's face a 1 def vs. a 99 def both in no armour with other stats identical won't be an obvious win for the 99 defer).

mains don't care what any of their stats are exactly, they just want to train them all.

however pures will either manipulate their secondary skills in such a way that they gain an advantage from low levelled keypoints but don't acquire a great deal of combat levels (for example, getting 20 def for the keypoints of mith/in).

So basically, if you are controlling your secondary skills (With the exception of HP ofc) then you are of a certain degree a pure of sorts.

if you are not keypointing your secondary skills because you do not care, you are a main.

the more pure you are depends on how low your secondary skills are. with the obvious purest pure being someone with 1-1-1-10 (which now due to desert treasure and the appeals of defence, is uncommon), with "real pures" also training there hitpoints (i.e. EVERYONE. the purest pures are obviously only for show as the second you start pking your going to gain hitpoints).

the purer you are depends on how low your secondary stats are. even if you have 45 defence you are still a pure as you are keypointing. however the second you lose your significant offensive advantage against mains your level (Which happens depending on how high your secondary stats are) you are also not a pure even if all your secondary stats are keypoint - albeit severely high keypointed.

dmcboi.png

as someone that has had countless pures over the past five years, and has some degree of knowledge over how the runescape combat formula works I will post my opinion.

In runescape you have two types of combat skills, primary and secondary.

primary - Attack, strength, range, mage

secondary - defence, hitpoints, summoning, prayer

primary skills have no set formula as such, and grant combat levels dependant on how high each one of them is separately. with the exception of strength and attack counting as one skill as far as the combat formula is concerned. if for example you train for 99 range, with your other two primary combat stats being low then it will take a great amount of levels to grant you another combat level, as there is direct correlation between how high your "account type" (range/mage/melee) stats is to the number of levels from the other two combat types needed to combat level.

this opens the doors for pures that select only one type of combat type and stick to it, and tbh that's what a true pure is but of course isn't very versatile and fail soloing at higher combat levels.

secondary skills ALWAYS have a set formula preset to combat level - for example your GUARANTEED a combat level every 8 prayer levels. Due to the ability to control your combat level directly from whatever your secondary skills are regardless of any other combat stats (primary or secondary) you - players tend to have these stats at "keypoints" (for example - 40 defence for rune, 52 prayer for smite etc.) as they have no other use other than what keypoints they give (defence being a slight exception, but let's face a 1 def vs. a 99 def both in no armour with other stats identical won't be an obvious win for the 99 defer).

mains don't care what any of their stats are exactly, they just want to train them all.

however pures will either manipulate their secondary skills in such a way that they gain an advantage from low levelled keypoints but don't acquire a great deal of combat levels (for example, getting 20 def for the keypoints of mith/in).

So basically, if you are controlling your secondary skills (With the exception of HP ofc) then you are of a certain degree a pure of sorts.

if you are not keypointing your secondary skills because you do not care, you are a main.

the more pure you are depends on how low your secondary skills are. with the obvious purest pure being someone with 1-1-1-10 (which now due to desert treasure and the appeals of defence, is uncommon), with "real pures" also training there hitpoints (i.e. EVERYONE. the purest pures are obviously only for show as the second you start pking your going to gain hitpoints).

the purer you are depends on how low your secondary stats are. even if you have 45 defence you are still a pure as you are keypointing. however the second you lose your significant offensive advantage against mains your level (Which happens depending on how high your secondary stats are) you are also not a pure even if all your secondary stats are keypoint - albeit severely high keypointed.

That block of text had a bit of sense in it but I thought defence was a primary combat skill but anywho gj

eop.png

"The Eruption has already begun move out the way or feel the heat."

The word "pure" was termed to describe players with significantly low defense (ex: 1-10).

I agree "keypointing" as you call it is a common method players use to structure PKing accounts, but just because higher defense levels have specific uses/benefits, doesn't mean the account is still a pure. Using that logic, I could just as easily say 75 defense is pure because of dragonfire shields. How often have you seen 75 defense around the pure community?

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

That block of text had a bit of sense in it but I thought defence was a primary combat skill but anywho gj

thanks mate (: yeah defence is a secondary stat, magic is also a secondary stat in RSC which makes pures there even more interesting

dmcboi.png

The word "pure" was termed to describe players with significantly low defense (ex: 1-10).

I agree "keypointing" as you call it is a common method players use to structure PKing accounts, but just because higher defense levels have specific uses/benefits, doesn't mean the account is still a pure. Using that logic, I could just as easily say 75 defense is pure because of dragonfire shields. How often have you seen 75 defense around the pure community?

i then go on to discuss how the higher your secondary stats are, regardless if your keypointing (for example, 95 defence for jewkilling armour) then the more identical you are to a main in a fight. At 75 defence you are obv going to be like a main when fighting, even though your stat is keypointed (Albeit, very highly keypointed)

dmcboi.png