Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

You Aren't Low

Keith

You Aren't Low.

First off, this topic is to discuss the smaller clans that have come and gone, and will continue to open and close as long as the pure world exist. I'd like to ask that you don't respond with stupid responses and that the moderators here at PW do their job. Its fine to disagree with me but don't call me a dumb kid without a reason behind it. To start off this discussion:

- You've been lied to, there is no such thing as low level clans:

That's right, we've been lieing to ourselves that there is actually a low level scene in comparision to the so called "higher leveled" scene. There is no such thing folks, get over it. The only reason we associate the low level term with certain clans is due to the circa BH updates when low levels could go and PK out in the wilderness and have fun and make profit. But since the updates its rather pointless to head out with a low levels into the wilderness and things have just changed.

Then what are these clans (ie. Ravage, VD, EOD, Chaotic, just to name a few reasonable ones)? Well, its rather simple, we're smaller clans. When you look at it, having a high leveled member isn't the difference between my clan (EOD) and a larger clan like MM, FOE, or TLP. Its the AMMOUNT of high levels. We're not lower level clans, we have member with the same levels as the big boys, we just don't have the same frequency of them! What it really boils down to is two catagories of clans. You have big clan (that carry some prestige and have been around for awhile, large frequency of higher levels, lower numbers) and small clans (typically newer, lower frequency of higher levels, lower numbers).

- "Hey Keith, we're 60+ reqs! We're a low leveled clan!"

Though you may have 60+ reqs, you don't have a 80- req, therefore you're obtaining applications from higher levels and all the smaller clans have higher levels! The only way to really claim low level-ness is to cap yourself to admitting only levels up to a certain level. But why would you do this? You aren't going to compete with anyone else, and you're limiting the people you can recruit to your clan. No one is really going to do this, and therefore we need to stop with the "low level" term.

- The leaders of these clans...

The leaders of these small clans consist of two types of people, and it really comes down to age. Let's face it, some Scapers are getting older and new ones are emerging. Its just like in the real world with anything, the new replaces the old.

- The "old" heading smaller clans:

I'd consider myself an older player heading a smaller clan. We struggle week to week, trying to maintain a good community and attract people to join, but why? We ultimatly have more experience, we're typically smarter, and have more resources/assets available to us. But why can't we compete with these newer kids making clans? Its because of the way we've not only lead in the past, but the way we followed in the past. We always set our standard to those before us and have a strict thought on what is right, what's not right, and what's not right but we can do it anyways. We do things the way they were done in the past from how we run our IRC and forums, to how we treat other clans and lead. We attempt to stick to the same path that the large clans of today used to make it big and it just doesn't work anymore due to older players quitting and newer players entering the community. The clans lead by the "older" leaders typically tend to be more "legit", we know what we're actually doing unlike the newer leaders and we aren't ******** for the most part. Some clans I'd classify in this catagory are EOD, Ravage, VD, Bellum, and I could possibly be missing one but it really doesn't matter what I classify clans as at the end of the day. Yeah these clans can contain **** suckers but they're typically held together by a foundation and solid leadership and not just numbers.

- The "new" heading small clans:

The new consist of younger kids, or even older kids that haven't lead before or have little experience in the pure world. They typically manage to come up with some ****** looking forum or use some codes that have been stolen from numerous sites, mass members and accept the bottom feeders of the pure world, and are overall lacking knowledge. These people are hard to work with and organize things with because they don't follow any rules and anything you don't go over with them they'll abuse. Its like dealing with twelve year olds (well sometimes thats actually what it is). But these leaders typically create a clan that can compete with numbers in the wilderness and look like a better clan! But they're not. You'll rarely find a suitable pure in clans headed by the new leaders because they aim for newer players and people with less experience. People that think the colors orange and purple go together and look cool, people that think that InvisionFree forum skins are HAWT!, just ignorant people in my eyes. But really its just a case of the old overtaking the new.

A lot of us probably hear it everyday from our parents "O your damn generation is so lazy and is going to be screwed." We laugh it off because really its just the way things evolve in society. The newer players probably laugh this off just like us younger generations in real life laugh off the older generations. Its not really a problem what the new is doing, its just the way things are heading.

The new and old explanations above are the reason we rarely see a new clan compete with the bigger clans. The new leaders aren't capable of maintaining a member base and do what the big clans do. Vice versa the older leaders are stuck in the past and can't get the new RS players into the old style of clan.

Its a lot, discuss anything or everything. Tell me I'm wrong, tell me I'm right.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your mad cuz Eod isent getting Apps Lately, Just leave it Alone Lmao.

Not every clan can survive with just 40s and 50s

29z3rpv.gif

Our fight was epic.

Control #1 Med

Accepted To Control 12/10/10
Promoted to Officer Of Control 12/28/10
Promoted to Warlord Of Control 5/1/2011

Founder of Hate - 2k14

Leader of Trauma - 2k14

105317-fun-coupons-wolf-of-wall-stree-UF

Yeah, you clearly read the topic...title. Thanks for your response.

In my eyes looks like your trying to start **** with Eod. Chaotic takes **** too seriously, l2relax and some clans make actually like you.

edit: tl;dr

TH IS MY ONE

Well i reeeeaaaaaaaaadddddd your long wall of text, and its true. Like just as an example, Epidemic had strong leadership due to the older more mature ranks they had, that let them strive as a clan. If you have older people in a clan, it affects it a lot. The new like 14-15 year old leaders, there learning, but will rush things. I understand where your coming from. Good topic.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

A lot put into this Keith. I see your point, so really, what do we categorize these clans as? :)

Good job, i aggree with you :)

Proud Ex-Member of NME
Proud Ex-Leader of Brave Theory
retired.
Supporting Epidemic
cHIzQrd.png

A lot put into this Keith. I see your point, so really, what do we categorize these clans as? :)

Good job, i aggree with you :)

Small and big. Its in the original post.

Nice topic Keith i understand were ur coming from. After reading that I've gotton new ideas to make the clan im curently in(chaotic) much better, although i dont think its strickly all about age. Age is strange a 5 yea rold can act as old as a 13 year old a 60 year old can act like a 2 year old, i think its more of being mature and thinking about what you're doing. Now adays you are seeing new clans open almost every week, im not saying this is a bad thing at all but its different from the past. Before foe and FI and all the other clans most runescape players know of there were clans that everyone knew and the people in those clans would consider You as a younger player, People just need to get exsperance. Aye, i've been in alot of clans but i must say im much more exsperianced now than i was before. :)

Ps: The first clan i lead didnt even have a IRC. Now look at me Www.Chaotic-Rs.com .

-Gawdy

2e2nifq.png

Low lvl clans = clans that pull less amounts with lower averages of membs

High lvl clans = clans that pull high amounts with higher averages of membs

Simple explaination that I use and comes in handy if you feel confused

Untitled23232-3.jpg

exsperianced

wat

Good topic tbh. It's the reason MM and FOE have stuck around so long and done well. The leaders are quite mature. I now see EOD's leaders are as well =p GJ

The leaders used to be much more mature than they are now. Have you read any Saturday/Sunday topics from the last 4-5 months? There is little to no maturity left in pure clan leadership.

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> its a fun mini war..

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> no one knew no single

The end product is that "low level" clans prepare the idiotic members for big clans. To get out of that shithole at the bottom like E/DP did you need a tight group of 30+ core members who wont leave their clan for love nor money and an amazing leadership.

ex DP Leader
1zour9l.png

wat

The leaders used to be much more mature than they are now. Have you read any Saturday/Sunday topics from the last 4-5 months? There is little to no maturity left in pure clan leadership.

Yea, but in the clan's whole history they were fairly mature. I don't like foe's current leadership though. Walli wont accept a lose. Same goes for mm really. Each weekend you'll have foe claiming undefeated and mm claiming the same.

otter.gif
hayley-williams.jpg

It's nothing new. Clans have been calling themselves the "best low leveled clan" for so long when in reality they're barely top 20. It's just a way to rationalize how ****** they are so they can feel better about themselves. Let them think they're better then they are and let them ***** about the level 100's in your clan just because they don't have any themselves.

Arp-1.png

I agree with most of this, however I don't see what there is to discuss. Although I can think of one thing.

Why would you want to be low level? Clans try so hard to claim the title of "low-level". Why? It isn't a good thing, is it? To me it sounds like an excuse for losing that has evolved into a category of pure clans.

Low level clans in general do tend to be low still, even though in clans like Eod you get high lvl leaders/members.

You can't really in general compare low lvl clans to high lvl ones since the higher lvl clans have been around longer and have better levels in GENERAL.

Interesting topic though :banana: .

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10