Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Save the Pure World

Ultra

152 members have voted

1. 1. Defence on pk trips?

• Yes, I am a Pure.
    • No, I got defence and will use it.
    • u mad bro LOL

Defence your game is through cause now you have to answer to, FINAL OWNAGE, **** YEAH, SO LICK MY BALLS AND SUCK ON MY

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??

Why would you WANT to be 20 defence and 91 combat, must be ******* **** for everything except tanking in PURE wars

So I can do this:

Its a good stat build, its just annoying that I cant hit anyone in low level f2p fights; if im not going to be able to do that because of how my account is built, I want to take advantages of the armors I got myself.

R.I.P. Epidemic 2/4/2010

Ily [Coz]<3

e7o30z.jpg

so, if foe support this then why did you refuse 1 defence armour for our p2p fight in PCT3?

or have you recently seen the light and try to follow MM's example?

follow MM's example? all you do is ***** about people having more than 1 defense. 20 defense is still pure and ALWAYS will be stop trying to make yourself look cool. MM has set no example for anything except spreading immaturity to these forums. once again get over yourselves MM does not rule the pure community.

EDIT:bet the next MM post towards me will be "you mad bro" thus proving my point.

dc3jig.jpg

Epidemic forever<3

I didn't say anything about 1 def gear. Giving away advantages you have, like def bonuses, is like making your PKing harder in other ways, like tying your hand behind your back or not using food. Understand?

giving away advantages in form of not using mithril is NOT like tying your hand behind your back or not using food. so no i do not understand.

Well, first theres leather, then theres iron, then theres steel black and mith... who draws the line? You? Nty. Rather I'll have the line drawn where it's always been drawn in the history of pures in RS2 (and in most parts in RSC).

again you dont seem to get the point, this is not about defining a pure, or changing reqs of pure clans. this is about armour wielding at trip. idk if you just dont get the point, or if you are ignoring it or why you seem to keep changing the subject. the line have recently been extended to 30def. we are setting the example and setting the line in the opposite direction. it is our personal choice. it is not about us drawing the line for you. please try to understand.

I'm clanless and retired, I don't feel threatened by anything. I don't feel the need of dividing clans to 1 def clans, 5 def clans, 10 def clans and 20 def clans, or even 30 def clans... the system works quite fine as it is, with all defence level pures fighting each other. The amount of 30 def pures is minimal in pure clans, and I don't see it as a rising trend.

your an OP in fatality, and relatively active, i wouldnt call that clanless, id call it retired FI leader. and clans wont get divided like that. at all. however people may get different impressions from the few clans who allows 30def armour at trips and the few that enforces 1def armour at trips.

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

giving away advantages in form of not using mithril is NOT like tying your hand behind your back or not using food. so no i do not understand.

You don't see the similarity in making your PKing more difficult in both cases?

again you dont seem to get the point, this is not about defining a pure, or changing reqs of pure clans. this is about armour wielding at trip. idk if you just dont get the point, or if you are ignoring it or why you seem to keep changing the subject. the line have recently been extended to 30def. we are setting the example and setting the line in the opposite direction. it is our personal choice. it is not about us drawing the line for you. please try to understand.

As I've said I have nothing against FOE wearing whatever they want on their trips, I'm just annoyed by your attempt at forcing your ideology to the pure community as a whole. Call it "announcement" or whatever you want but it is what it is, you debating about the matter with me so passionately pretty much proves my point. 30 def isn't any recent development, I can remember TLP having 30 def people on their trips 3 years ago. Nor is it a rising trend that the pure community needs to be saved from.

your an OP in fatality, and relatively active, i wouldnt call that clanless, id call it retired FI leader. and clans wont get divided like that. at all. however people may get different impressions from the few clans who allows 30def armour at trips and the few that enforces 1def armour at trips.

I've also been in many other clans, including TLP, TP, VD, EOP, CP, SO, EO and AL and I've probably been to more FOE trips than you have over the past 5 years. I have op in #fatality because I deserve it and use it well, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to make arguments ad hominem anymore.

We'll see how 1 def works out for you, good luck on your endeavours.

PS. Russell get in IRC if you're reading this.

128250368099.gif

20 Defense has been accepted in the pure world for ages now, as well as used, and I don't see a reason to stop it now. My opinion on 30 defense is different in that it is not widely accepted and does provide a slight boost for clans. If you want to put a armor cap on clans then make it 20, not 1.

15zs5ro.jpg

20 Defense has been accepted in the pure world for ages now, as well as used, and I don't see a reason to stop it now. My opinion on 30 defense is different in that it is not widely accepted and does provide a slight boost for clans. If you want to put a armor cap on clans then make it 20, not 1.

Hey I laik your thinking

R.I.P. Epidemic 2/4/2010

Ily [Coz]<3

e7o30z.jpg

**** if i was in a clan i'd be game. clans without defence should just ignore those who use it, seeing as most of the big ones arent going to anwyays

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

You don't see the similarity in making your PKing more difficult in both cases?

Ofc.. but comparing dropping ur mith to not eating.. is abit extreme.

As I've said I have nothing against FOE wearing whatever they want on their trips, I'm just annoyed by your attempt at forcing your ideology to the pure community as a whole. Call it "announcement" or whatever you want but it is what it is, you debating about the matter with me so passionately pretty much proves my point. 30 def isn't any recent development, I can remember TLP having 30 def people on their trips 3 years ago. Nor is it a rising trend that the pure community needs to be saved from.

i do not see this as an attemptof 'forcing' our ideologies on the pure community, at all. we are announcing it hoping that clans will follow us, i have no idea how you can claim this to be an attempt of forcing other clans to change their ways of PKing. id go as far as to say we encourage it.. but force it? get real. the reason im debating so passionately is because im bored, and i care, and i dont want you to leave the topic with a misunderstood impression.

and 3 years ago, a 30 def was an exception, TLP being one of the only clans having one. it is today relatively common, especially due to turmoil, and despite it not being a sky rocketing trend, it is still relatively popular, and in my opinion, a very unfortunate and disgraceful change to pure clans.

I've also been in many other clans, including TLP, TP, VD, EOP, CP, SO, EO and AL and I've probably been to more FOE trips than you have over the past 5 years. I have op in #fatality because I deserve it and use it well, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to make arguments ad hominem anymore.

We'll see how 1 def works out for you, good luck on your endeavours.

^

Youve probably been to more FOE trips than i have in the past 5 years you say? Hmm unless you have a spy i dont even think thats possible. but okay.. and what is your point? your oldschool s0/fatality, ex fi-hc and still a pretty active OP in their channel? do you not consider yourself retired fatality?

this is wayy off-topic though and im not sure why your making a big deal out of it. claiming that your clanless seems kinda strange to me though..

And thank you. i do not high any high expectations but im hoping for the best, at the minimum to have a few fun weekend trips living out being pure to the fullest :)

Ofc.. but comparing dropping ur mith to not eating.. is abit extreme.

I used a radical example because you didn't acknowledge it from my original message,

i do not see this as an attemptof 'forcing' our ideologies on the pure community, at all. we are announcing it hoping that clans will follow us, i have no idea how you can claim this to be an attempt of forcing other clans to change their ways of PKing. id go as far as to say we encourage it.. but force it? get real. the reason im debating so passionately is because im bored, and i care, and i dont want you to leave the topic with a misunderstood impression.

It's obviously no longer forcing since there has been this strong opposition against the idea, but let's say that only a few clans would actually have been on the naysayers list (as was obviously the original intention of this topic), I'd say that those clans would feel very much left out not joining the other pure clans. Forcing, strongly encouraging - whatever this is just wordplay again.

and 3 years ago, a 30 def was an exception, TLP being one of the only clans having one. it is today relatively common, especially due to turmoil, and despite it not being a sky rocketing trend, it is still relatively popular, and in my opinion, a very unfortunate and disgraceful change to pure clans.

If 30 def becomes superior to 1 and 20 defence there is no reason why pures should exist after a certain cb, or at all. The point of being a pure is to be able to dominate people of your own level with your stats, if this is not possible (as it probably isn't in the future with more def updates), then pures are a dying breed, and there's no point in hanging on to traditions. But until then I'd love to keep a clear concept of what a pure is, so that I can still call myself pure when I log on to RS and people know what I mean.

Youve probably been to more FOE trips than i have in the past 5 years you say? Hmm unless you have a spy i dont even think thats possible. but okay.. and what is your point? your oldschool s0/fatality, ex fi-hc and still a pretty active OP in their channel? do you not consider yourself retired fatality?

this is wayy off-topic though and im not sure why your making a big deal out of it. claiming that your clanless seems kinda strange to me though..

Yeah I most likely have, I used to go to FOE trips every weekend a few years ago, back when I still knew the leaders (though I doubt Dave would oppose to me coming along anytime nowadays either ;) ). I'd also say that I've been to more MM trips than most current MM members and more EOP trips than many current EOP members. How long you been FOE, a year, two? yeah...

128250368099.gif

I used a radical example because you didn't acknowledge it from my original message,

ok. wasnt needed though.

It's obviously no longer forcing since there has been this strong opposition against the idea, but let's say that only a few clans would actually have been on the naysayers list (as was obviously the original intention of this topic), I'd say that those clans would feel very much left out not joining the other pure clans. Forcing, strongly encouraging - whatever this is just wordplay again.

if its no longer forcing. then why do you claim it to be. and i still believe that theres a long way from encouraging to forcing. but lets just drop the wordplay as you call it, its getting silly. and im foreign so you're probably right.

If 30 def becomes superior to 1 and 20 defence there is no reason why pures should exist after a certain cb, or at all. The point of being a pure is to be able to dominate people of your own level with your stats, if this is not possible (as it probably isn't in the future with more def updates), then pures are a dying breed, and there's no point in hanging on to traditions. But until then I'd love to keep a clear concept of what a pure is, so that I can still call myself pure when I log on to RS and people know what I mean.

Hmm relevance?

Yeah I most likely have, I used to go to FOE trips every weekend a few years ago, back when I still knew the leaders (though I doubt Dave would oppose to me coming along anytime nowadays either ;) ). I'd also say that I've been to more MM trips than most current MM members and more EOP trips than many current EOP members. How long you been FOE, a year, two? yeah...

ive been FOE since 2007. with pretty solid attendance ever since i joined. i highly doubt that uve attended half as many trips as i have. and if you have.. i wonder how uve attended so many trips in all those other clans at the same time..? then you must have been a heavy multi logger during trip times. its cool that you are proud of having been in so many clans and at their trips, but dont try to put me down for 'only' being around foe for 3 years. ive been in other clans aswell you know. but lets not continue this off-topic chat on this thread, actually id for you to post your more exact clan history in an introduction topic at ex thop forums :P