Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Matched Premier League?

Purepka1

Like the idea?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this will be a succesful idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but with some changes to it (please post)

Since some people prefer to just post without reading i'll include this in bold in the beginning

THIS IS NOT LIMITED TO CLAN WARS

THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR PCL AS PCL NEVER HAD A RANKING SYSTEM AWARDING POINTS

Please read

Shh about the title, if u can think of a bettr one, post it ;)

This is just an idea, wanted to know what the community thinks

Was just thinking of having a regulated system of matched fights.

If anybody follows a professional sports league, no matter what it is, soccer, hockey, whatever, there is a points system

Usually it goes something like - 3 points for winning, 1 points if it's a tie (both teams) and 0 if you lose

My suggestion is to have matched opts fights 2x a week (Wednesday/Saturday for example taking from La Liga) best out of 3

Since we cant have a tie (best out of 3) make the losing team get 1 point and winning team get 3 points

If there can be 10 active clans on this I think this will be a very succesful idea.

Common issues that come to mind:

Not enough active clans - Solution: 20v20 minimum, but if one clan can't pull 20, other has to match t

One clan too active for the other - Solution: if both clans can go over minimum, match it, however all fights have to be matched exactly

I think this will add a tad of competitiveness and a fair system of ranking ladder.

Anyways, just thought of it, what do you think?

Seems more convenient to me to just plan fights when you want them, rather than be a part of a "league" and risk you or your opponent pulling low.

To me this sounds a whole lot like PCL just on a different day of the week

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

Teams who lose get 0 points, i don't know where they've gotten 1 point. They lose they deserve nothing.

This isn't sport and the idea wouldn't transfer well odds on to a game.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

Seems more convenient to me to just plan fights when you want them, rather than be a part of a "league" and risk you or your opponent pulling low.

To me this sounds a whole lot like PCL just on a different day of the week

PCL never rewarded clans for participating or having a ranking system, don't even compare this to PCL lol

Teams who lose get 0 points, i don't know where they've gotten 1 point. They lose they deserve nothing.

Would really discourage some clans for being afraid for having 0 points and being at the bottom, it's a bit comforting to know you're getting some points for participating rather than nothing for losing

yea, maybe

bm16L.png

-Proud member of #TLP
-Proud former member of #Dpures

(14:27:02) <@Furious> Next season I hope there will be a "most biased and hated moderator award" I would hands down win it

Can we please use the ******* wildy?

Pcl was the biggest bs ever and still is when ever people try to bring it back.

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10

Points should go by the rounds you won. You win 3-0 you get 3 points. You win 2-1 you get 2 points and maybe the losing team gets 1 point just so that then you will be guaranteed 3 rounds. Each round means something too.

would be a good thing to start once Summer kicks in when more clans have activity to pull 20 easily and more.

10pdfkn.jpg

CP Would support this 100 %. I like how the main clans did it and im sure if its matched opts clans would do it here, people just need to give it a try. I'm willing to help set this up as well. Just pm me here or in #clan-cp [CP]Drunk.

:thumbsup:

newcpsig2.png

bestf2pwarrer.png
favoritehonouredmember.png

Proud Founder Of Corrupt Pures
~Opened May 8th 2005~

This is a good idea, hopefully it will get more developed and PW might host this as an event

Furious-Chan is a noob K-ON! Fan|I like Starcraft 2 and League of Legends ヽ(´ー`)ノ ~IGN both "MooMooMugi"

CP Would support this 100 %. I like how the main clans did it and im sure if its matched opts clans would do it here, people just need to give it a try. I'm willing to help set this up as well. Just pm me here or in #clan-cp [CP]Drunk.

:thumbsup:

Oo I didn't know that main clans have done this .. interesting

good idea i guess, doubt anyone will participate though.

Lol, why not?

I think its a fine idea. Most of the people here are too willing to shoot down any idea without giving it any thought. But with the right organisation, it could bring more friendly competition to the clan world.

Pro/cons of clan wars vs the wild go on...

-clan wars, you won't get any loot (aparently this is very important)

-the wild, you'll have a hard time not getting crashed.. or sniped by mains. (usually pures on main accs)

Giving what we have to work with... its not that easy :\ Especially with the extremely low maturity of the average pure right now.

I'd give this a 25% chance of happening. And a 3% chance of happening successfully. ...gl :\

(I voted yes)

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

Too much possibility of cheating I think (even though I like the thought of a ranking system). For example, a clan could bring their 20 best people weekly which would force other clans to try and bring their best 20 every week. Would eventually turn into the "Clan's Best Twenty Opts League" and they would seem more like mini-wars instead.

Also who counts the opts if the match is in the Wilderness and how is crashing prevented?

Edit: If it worked, I support the idea but it is doubtful unfortunately.

fdvo0z.png

Too much possibility of cheating I think (even though I like the thought of a ranking system). For example, a clan could bring their 20 best people weekly which would force other clans to try and bring their best 20 every week. Would eventually turn into the "Clan's Best Twenty Opts League" and they would seem more like mini-wars instead.

Also who counts the opts if the match is in the Wilderness and how is crashing prevented?

Edit: If it worked, I support the idea but it is doubtful unfortunately.

So. because there is a CHANCE of it not being successful, let's not try?

So. because there is a CHANCE of it not being successful, let's not try?

Your better off posting this on purecommunity since people will actually give it a try. People just need to give it a try rather than be butthurt all day.

newcpsig2.png

bestf2pwarrer.png
favoritehonouredmember.png

Proud Founder Of Corrupt Pures
~Opened May 8th 2005~