Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Where has the fun in Runescape Gone?

-Adam-

Please actually post your thoughts and not flame.

Well for past few hours now i been working on a little vid for fatality on our clan history and while the emotional music was playing i was thinking of my the past.

What i mean by this is that back when i was little kid playing runescape i use to sleepover my friends house and we would all play runescape together throughout the night. I remember when i first became a pure i was so excited to get 70 range. To me back then 70 range was the biggest goals i could get back in 05. Even through me being such a noob with 70 range, i worked hard everyday to get that next range with such excitement. I remember when i was in 6th grade i started walking to my friends house and doing math in my head to see how much money i would have left after i bought a glory and my frirst pair of ranger boots.

I also remember back when my friend called me up in his high pitched voice saying "i got Burst i got burst". I did not really understand what i meant by that, but he told me that there was these new powerful magic spells that just came out called the Ancient Spell Book. I was so excited that day, because i went on my friends main, and i spent over 5mill in runes bursting at castle wars on his account. After few months, all the good pures were able to start bursting in the wild, which helped so much to get that 60k dds drop once you killed some noob in monk robes.

After awhile more and more people started to realizing pures dominated the wild. As more pures were being made, i remember i was still a 1 defence pure about to get 94mage. Back then maybe 1 out of every 100 pures were able to barrage. I remember me and one friends on rs would just dominate lvl 1 varrock pking and pked about 10-20 dds's an hour.

At around this time little pk teams that ran around the wild started to become more organized as people got older. Clans like MM and FOE started out with just few friends just pking. These clans and teams were nothing big maybe 10-20 people going out at any time of the week pking one another.

As these clans that we all know and love now, got bigger so did the pure community itself. I remember every time i went out pking it always felt like i never did it before. What i mean by this is, hopping world by world not knowing what was going to happen gave me some type of trill to keep playing this game. However it all ended when the wild was taken away.

Even though the wild was taken out the pure community still grew rapidly day by day. Even though i was getting older i still thought i can never live without runescape.

Nowadays it feels like runescape is more of a place to flame then to actually have fun. Clans would rather flame one another and call them selves the #1 pure clan then actually just go out an pk. Everything thing about the pure community nowadays has to be organised like we were in a staff meeting trying to run a business. Back when the pure community was unorganised it actually made the game have a some type of trill to keep us playing day by day.

The pure community to me lately seems like it is dieing off. For instance, if you go to lumby in a f2p world there is no more people coming out of TUT island. Back in the day there use to be a massive amount of people scrambling to make new pures which use to be fun to do. With all the people going 45+ defence, and the fact that no one is making new pures, what would the pure community actually come to be in 2012 or 2013.

This topic is really just about, how we the pure community needs to put the fun back into runescape. I mean out of anyone i like to win every war, prep or mini i am in. However maybe always trying to win or trying to be the best is actually killing the fun that use to be "Runescape".

If you actually read this topic fully through, post your thoughts on it. Even better post how you think we can make the pure community fun again.

LOL! Who still plays this game

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the past few years, they've come and gone. Everything in your life is being framed for a new generation, you have to move on because you're not part of that generation. This game may start getting boring for you, but it's most likely starting to get fun for some other kids who are playing it for the first time. This game isn't what you remembered it as, it's different now and these different factors caused the old school players to act differently on the game.

If you're really making a topic like this, then it's time you move on.

111106164814.png

hsig1.png

Just like the past few years, they've come and gone. Everything in your life is being framed for a new generation, you have to move on because you're not part of that generation. This game may start getting boring for you, but it's most likely starting to get fun for some other kids who are playing it for the first time. This game isn't what you remembered it as, it's different now and these different factors caused the old school players to act differently on the game.

If you're really making a topic like this, then it's time you move on.

Very nice response.

LOL! Who still plays this game

I understand where you are coming from, but people grow and so does the game with all of these updates, It's either you embrace them or move on, Because RuneScape won't EVER go back to the way it was.

I guess it's just about the clan you're in (not a flame), The community that I am in right now is in my opinion 100x better then the community I was in 3-4 years ago. When I first joined EOP it was full of little 12 year old kids who got mad about someone bsing them for 30k so they bsed them back and caused hella drama.

Now in the new community that I am in it is freaking amazing, everyone is my friend, if i ever need anything i can trade someone and get it without cost. I can get onto TeamSpeak or IRC and have a conversation about my day and people can relate to me and have a mature convo where we don't only have to talk about RS.

bestleader.png

#clan-eop www.eop-rs.com

We've all been playing this game long enough that its not exciting anymore, so instead we **** over each other for enjoyment.

As long as my clan is better at it than our rivals, then i'm having fun.

It's like having a girlfriend that you had LOTS of fun with and everything was great and sometimes you just got bored with her and whatnot but you stayed together and everything was nice, and one day you mutually decided to leave each other for the better. There was no arguing ever, even when you broke up, and you shouldnt look back at that past girlfriend and regret it: you had fun at the time! Why regret fun?

Honestly, the fun has been gone for awhile, for me atleast. I'm trying to stick around, and seeing if i'll get back the motivation to actually continue to play this game. If it wasn't for PureWarfare, I most likely would of quit already. So many changes to the game have made it uninteresting, and boring. That's just my opinion on it though. Most of my "close" friends have quit the game, and moved on, I think I should do the same thing, but it's really hard to quit something that you've been playing for a good 6 years.

Soulwars makes 99stats easy, Wild turnt into Bounty Hunter and 4years of **** updates.

Sums everything of my thoughts up

Same for me, but that shouldn't mean we can't have anymore fun in the pure world. Just starts with everyones attitude, if that gets better the pure world will get better.

9ftifd.png

I posted this on CP forums:

So yesterday when i was about to sleep I downloaded some Escape the fate on my Ipod and it braught back great memory's not only of CP but about my whole pking career. So i figured i would write them down.

I think my first ever Pure was iz76 (named after my main iz67) i had great fun, every time i heard the runescape music it gave this odd.. feeling in my belly. It eventlually failed and got like 34 def or something. I endend up creating more and more pures, back to lumby1 fr33 t1kc3t etc. After a while me and my lil bro made Id0nt ranged it was my account but i promised my brother THIS WOULD BE THE BEST PURE I EVER CREATED. It was named id0nt ranged because back in the dd when you dd'd everybody wanted to pile the rangers for there addy arrows ( since every1 prayed there scims). So having a great tactiacal name i went training my pure. I eventually dropped all my well earned money of iz67 (200k cash) to id0nt ranged which was my best investment ever. I still remember me drop trading 26 unnoted drops to id0nt and epicly failing.

--The glourious days of pure pking--

So around 05-06 i had an epic team who were all my friends. I was around 40-65 cmb and we owned EVERYONE. it wasnt some massing ****** team but just a really really good team it was like a 4-15 man team and it was great fun. I still have some old pking mates left ( qolix aka slapid1 Jump aka jumpvsHakke and matt aka matt archer0). My first clan ever was Nw0 i never even knew it was a clan i thought it was some pking team with just a name... Anyways after a while a dude i was friend with (chixl0vedicks) said i should join his clan "aao" so i applied for Aao (quick side note i always used to carry teles with me). So after a few days i checked my application and i saw some dude that wrote he saw me teleing. So i got declined. I never felt really about the fact that i was being declined OR that i teled, it was just the way of life.

So me being a pure had some huge wins and some huge failures. I always was obsesed with having alot of money. So another friend showed me his money makeing way, He bought cow hides @ al-kharid for 100 gp ea and sold them for 150 ea in w 1. So i actually started old skool "flipping" cow hides. I made some bucks out of that and was pretty happy. Ofcourse i wasnt satisifed enough and matt introduced me to the real ******* deal: ******* CASTLE LURING BIACH (cp invited this ****). I had SO ******* MUCH fun doing this ****, i made ******* mills.. i even pked full guthix(!!!), i always shared my l0ot with my buddy's cuz i was like thatz0r <33 :]!. Then one of my bro's friends introduced me to this site "youtube". I saw some epic pkers on there like kids ranqe, Purple 0wnz Elvemage etc etc and i wanted to see them, so eric went from pure to l00ter(you can still see me on kids ranqe vids and even purple 0wnz right clicked me (!@#@#K@J!:L#$J :D). it was great fun looting Ahrims Mystic and even inf boots. Also i got Perm muted for 10 months So i made my "talk" account "id0nt r4nged" named after the best pure runescape has ever seen "id0nt ranged"

So after owning alot of noobs having some epic loot and fun. The sad day came,

--- THE DAY THAT RUNESCAPE DIED ---

So after being on holiday for 1 week i came back and i found out wildie was removed(JDLFKSJ:DFK=[[[) and BH was there, it was this big ass crater were there were 3 big caves. So i went on my first pk trip with some friends it was really fun, i actually really enjoy'd it. But then the day came runescape REALLY died, Single bh. I saw no point of having a pure since i was getting owned by mains almost twice my Cmb so the almighty pure id0nt ranged was getting 40 def. I still failed, it was no fun.

One of my friends (ownpk12) told me there was this big as thing going on with his clan and he asked me to come to clan wars to check it out. I hopped to his world clan wars.. and what did i see hundred of pures, no THOUSANDS! MILLIONS OF PURES, i saw spam towers, leather bodys all over the place. I said to myself i want this, i want this NOAW! as you all could read above i had an talk account, i trained him to a pure and joined "the hatred", sadly it died after 2 hours of me being in it. So me and ownpk12 went out searching for another clan which was (the almighty) corrupt pures.

So me having a pure changed everything, pcl every saturday and pking in Bh low crator, it was fun i didnt made any profit, but it was fun and thats what counted.

To be continued again tired of typing >_>

op8bwp.jpg

103hq3l.jpg

17044196.jpg

The reason you see less people making pures is probably because of the no free trading situation. Most people bot nowadays, so there really is NO point in making a new pure if you go legit. Why? Because your gonna be facing a maxed pure at lvl 69 combat versus your mid 80-low 90 stats.

Runescape isn't fun anymore, move on, LIFE IS FUN

RS sucks plain as.

Friends/people make scape worth paying attention to.

I wouldn't mind doing p2p but it costs money and I don't have time to spend hours at avancies making money cause some idiot had to d claws rush me to put in his video and play mainstream overused crap over it.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png