Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Pures with barrows gloves?

BIGRYAN

Celtic is right no matter how you flip the cards... i like your arguement and see where you're coming from, but i still disagree with it for too many reasons to post :/

R.I.P ~ Old B1rdy ~ Banned September 19th 2010
betosig1.gif

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can celtic be right when he's speaking from theory compared to me speaking from firsthand experience.

I have both accounts, if a rune pure was better I'd go back to my rune pure...

as far as the pure debate goes, how can he suggest for me to go rune pure for better defence; when I'm keeping my defence down for higher offense... is this not a concept of being pure?

My defence is higher than traditional pures, but times have changed - being 1 def may deal alot of damage, but when you take into consideration how much damage you're taking in return, combo'ing is much more difficult to do on 1 defence as you have to eat more often.

How can celtic be right when he's speaking from theory compared to me speaking from firsthand experience.

as far as the pure debate goes, how can he suggest for me to go rune pure for better defence; when I'm keeping my defence down for higher offense... is this not a concept of being pure?

My defence is higher than traditional pures, but times have changed - being 1 def may deal alot of damage, but when you take into consideration how much damage you're taking in return, combo'ing is much more difficult to do on 1 defence as you have to eat more often.

You only hit higher because of bonuses and prayer, this makes you unpure. Ch only accepted you because they accept anyone. Never the less, nice account/stats.

mmflash123.gif

So to be pure is to use a combat brace, monk robes, and anything else you can buy on the ge?

or is it to quest up for the best bonus you can get?

You only hit higher because of bonuses and prayer, this makes you unpure. Ch only accepted you because they accept anyone. Never the less, nice account/stats.

Thank you, however In that case - point the fingers at yourselves for having overheads...

I had def instead of prayer, if having better gear to hit better and get hit less is unpure, then anyone with higher than 13/16 prayer can be considered equality guilty by the same logic.

Prayer is more defensive than offensive, after 13/16 prayer, the stat bonuses from prayer do not compensate for the levels gained... you'd be better off using the rest of the combats to train normally.

However, prayer - much like defence; is something very useful to have for pking, allowing more quests to be completed for better bonus... and giving better armour/bonuses.

The difference being - prayer runs out; defence doesn't.

Having low defence is the simplest way to have a lower combat level but at the same time have high offensive stats. That's a pures definition in it's simplest form, it's how it started and just how it is traditionally. No splitting hairs about this point and that point with other stats like prayer etc.

People who didn't want to get hit high as often or wanted more bonuses got 40/45 defence. It's a whole new milestone as you get a lot more/better defence and offense bonuses. Those bonuses (especially defence) are so high compared to 1 defence pures it makes it unfair and gives them a clear advantage. It's a whole new category of "pure". That's why we don't compete with rune pures and they don't compete with maxed out main clans on a matched playing field. Each category competes within itself just like boxing.

You can't say because your account is such a good setup to pk with, it should be the new type of pure everyone should allow and want. Especially when you're saying you want to get hit less. By that logic we could allow 70+ defence tank rangers that are still around the same combat level as us and can be more effective than a 1 defence pure nowadays. No matter how effective your stats are at your combat level, you're closer to a rune pure than a defenceless pure. That's the category you fall in.

I mean look at the banner "Pure Warfare - Home of the defenceless". It should be that simple.

grogsfinalnotext.png

I never said pure clans everywhere should accept me, I just defended my build.

It does matter what my combat is, I've been doing well against pures since I was a level 56- all the way up to 84 combat now... pure clans generally pk from 65-90 combat, I'm still in that bracket - and will be for quite sometime.

If you walk into the wild, I can attack you; just because I'm not 1 def and you are doesn't change a thing.

To reject builds with defence in the combat range from the pure community would reject the pure community from the wild and the way the combat system works.

I will repeat the technicality of pures being "defenceless" when most of them have protection prayers in place of defence, not so defenceless when 40% of attacks are blocked.

Unless someone with a divine qualifies as "defenceless" - you're not defenseless.

A pure in my opinion is 1 def, 1-16 prayer, perhaps even up to 36 prayer depending on the situation. If you don't fit that frame then you're in no position to judge defence.

my acc jsut saying 45 def now, 45 def better.

101014184735.png

no point in arguing with a hard-headed person but w/e im done for the most part

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

It does matter what my combat is, I've been doing well against pures since I was a level 56- all the way up to 84 combat now... pure clans generally pk from 65-90 combat, I'm still in that bracket - and will be for quite sometime.

If you walk into the wild, I can attack you; just because I'm not 1 def and you are doesn't change a thing.

To reject builds with defence in the combat range from the pure community would reject the pure community from the wild and the way the combat system works.

I will repeat the technicality of pures being "defenceless" when most of them have protection prayers in place of defence, not so defenceless when 40% of attacks are blocked.

Unless someone with a divine qualifies as "defenceless" - you're not defenseless.

A pure in my opinion is 1 def, 1-16 prayer, perhaps even up to 36 prayer depending on the situation. If you don't fit that frame then you're in no position to judge defence.

a pure in ur opinion is a pker, not a pure. There is a difference my friend. but most kids pray overheads cuz they suck at pking anyways nowadays, so u need 45 prayer

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Nobody is saying your account build is bad, it's effective. The same way an 80 defence, 90 range account with venge is effective. It just doesn't fit in pure clanning community. ;p Your first paragraph sounds exactly like what i'd imagine my tank range targets to say lol. They might be effective against 1 defence pures in the 65-90 combat range but they're not pures. Your argument would allow rune pures & tank rangers in pure clans, it can't be applied them so it can't apply to you just because you haven't got the extra 5 defence levels.

Your reasoning for prayer being impure doesn't really make sense to me. I got 52 for smite in old wild as an offensive stat, not defensive. I could turn protect melee on in an edgeville fight if I wanted to stop you hitting high on me, but your defence is there constantly to stop me hitting on you. A lot of pures got 70/80 prayer in Fi wayyy before turmoil. Not to be more effective at their combat, just to last longer in f2p and clw fights against other pures where prayer is allowed. It's defence level that determines a pure or not. Nothing else.

grogsfinalnotext.png

a pure in ur opinion is a pker, not a pure. There is a difference my friend. but most kids pray overheads cuz they suck at pking anyways nowadays, so u need 45 prayer

Your account was melee based and you blame the defence for your account not being a successful hybrid?

Of course it's going to be better to be a rune pure if the most effective thing your account has is melee.

Maxing at what? 101 combat? Completely different scenario than being most effective between the 70s to 90s.

And incorrect, what I refer to as a pker, you refer to as a pure.

A pure is low attack, 1 def, 1-13 prayer... just because everyone else uses overheads doesn't make it okay for you to do it and call yourself pure, anymore than people having defence makes it okay for you to do it as well. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound.

Overheads are just as extraneous as defence if you were to apply the same pure logic.

Your defence on a pure is your hp, one of the reasons melee pures used to get 70 range, as a way to get higher hp... this is 2010 and everyone bots soul wars and replaces hp with prayer levels.

Nobody is saying your account build is bad, it's effective. The same way an 80 defence, 90 range account with venge is effective. It just doesn't fit in pure clanning community. ;p Your first paragraph sounds exactly like what i'd imagine my tank range targets to say lol. They might be effective against 1 defence pures in the 65-90 combat range but they're not pures. Your argument would allow rune pures & tank rangers in pure clans, it can't be applied them so it can't apply to you just because you haven't got the extra 5 defence levels.

Your reasoning for prayer being impure doesn't really make sense to me. I got 52 for smite in old wild as an offensive stat, not defensive. I could turn protect melee on in an edgeville fight if I wanted to stop you hitting high on me, but your defence is there constantly to stop me hitting on you. A lot of pures got 70/80 prayer in Fi wayyy before turmoil. Not to be more effective at their combat, just to last longer in f2p and clw fights against other pures where prayer is allowed. It's defence level that determines a pure or not. Nothing else.

There definitely were people implying it.

The point of what I'm saying isn't that I should be called a pure or a pker - I'm a hybrid and I use my bonus to dispose of the enemy as effectively as possible... if 1 defence has a harder time doing that, then why be 1 defence? Novelty? Fun? I find neither of those in dying to people that do aim to make a more effective build.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather be backed by people with good builds - than just people with good pures. This is why rune pure clans accept tank rangers - both accounts are useful in their own ways.

The times of pking have changed; show me a week at pcl without overheads up from start to finish? go to drags without someone turning protects on within seconds.

You're annoying me just reading those posts Forty.

You have a nice account, yes, but you ARE NOT a pure; and should NOT be in a PURE clan.

Despite whatever ******* argument you make, 35 defence is not pure.

konka-2.png
o4vos.png

FC8uv.png

There definitely were people implying it.

The point of what I'm saying isn't that I should be called a pure or a pker - I'm a hybrid and I use my bonus to dispose of the enemy as effectively as possible... if 1 defence has a harder time doing that, then why be 1 defence? Novelty? Fun? I find neither of those in dying to people that do aim to make a more effective build.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather be backed by people with good builds - than just people with good pures. This is why rune pure clans accept tank rangers - both accounts are useful in their own ways.

The times of pking have changed; show me a week at pcl without overheads up from start to finish? go to drags without someone turning protects on within seconds.

Low def used to be one of the most effective types of account to pk with, not so much anymore. You said it yourself, people stick with low defence as tradition, novelty and fun. It's why we compete amongst ourselves rather rune pures/tanks/mains which have an obvious advantage over us. I don't get what you are defending, if you agree you're not a pure or shouldn't be amongst pure clanning what's your point? Making pure clans based around combat level wouldn't be a "pure" clan, because anybody could join. Rune pures/tanks are in the same category because they have similar bonuses.

As for prayer; why would prayer level matter (after 43) if a fight where prayer is allowed happens. ie. PCL, hybrid fight etc. People use prayer when hybriding because it takes away the luck factor from the fight. While rune pures/mains can put on tank gear to defend against melee, good mage defence gear for when they mage etc. What can pures put on? Prayer. Don't know what this has to do with the argument of 35 defence in pure clans though. It's just splitting hairs lol.

grogsfinalnotext.png

Then if accounts with defense are widely viewed as being more effective, why does it seem as if it's frowned upon to have defence?

Isn't being effective and having a successful account fun to you?

I don't agree that I shouldn't be pure clanning, I can kill pure's effectively; how would I not be an asset to pure clanning?

The debate of prayer was there as a show that 1 defence uses prayer as defence, whilst I used defence to defend myself rather than prayer.

You're annoying me just reading those posts Forty.

You have a nice account, yes, but you ARE NOT a pure; and should NOT be in a PURE clan.

Despite whatever ******* argument you make, 35 defence is not pure.

Y u mad?

neither does anything over 1 defence, but it's still there.

what is 20 def that much more effective than 35? is it still fair for 20 def to fight 1 def?

In 2007 people viewed init pures as failures and impure, but if I'm correct, how many of the top pure clans are led by them?

Because since ~2007 - now, 20 defence has been considered pure.

I'm not mad, I just think it's ridiculous that the pure world is starting to accept 30 defence as pure. It isn't, and neither are you. You can argue all you want but in the end of the day; your account is not a pure account. It's a good pking account, pure, however.. No.

konka-2.png
o4vos.png

FC8uv.png

Then if accounts with defense are widely viewed as being more effective, why does it seem as if it's frowned upon to have defence?

Isn't being effective and having a successful account fun to you?

I don't agree that I shouldn't be pure clanning, I can kill pure's effectively; how would I not be an asset to pure clanning?

The debate of prayer was there as a show that 1 defence uses prayer as defence, whilst I used defence to defend myself rather than prayer.

Oh boy... Re-read what you've just said... Accounts with higher def are more effective against accounts without, kinda obvious. Doesn't make them pure either. Your argument would allow accounts with any defence level in pure clans. It's a stupid argument. You shouldn't be pure clanning because you're not a pure. It does not matter how effective you are with 35 def, 45 def or 99def against other pures. None of those accounts fall under the category "pure" so shoudln't be allowed to join a pure clan. It's that ******* simple mate. There's nothing more to say.

grogsfinalnotext.png

Then what clan do you know of that best benefits my account?

A rune pure clan full of people that don't hybrid? or ones that do and have def bonuses in mystic that are the same as a pures anyway - just with lower offensive stats because higher def?

Any decent rune pure hybrids eventually realize that doing a 6 way switch on a rune pure is the same as doing a 6 way switch on a main. The difference is, your 10m risk on a main pays off alot more on a main than it does on a rune pure... needless to mention higher hits, at 112 combat your practically a main anyway, and better loot due to not being a pure.

My combat is - and will always be - too low for a rune pure clan.

I belong with hybrids, not with melee based failbrids with 40 def... pure clans have that to offer me, and my defence/combat is still low.

Im still more pure than turmoil pures... or anything else over 20 def for that matter.

not like he's returning to pkri in barrows glovs chaotics or agile, so hes just 35 def addy no turm. would be useful for the occassional prep...but then again there's this thing called a def cap and it rarely goes over 20 for clw if 20.

Proof? I always pk in agile and bgloves... 100k a death doesn't hurt my bank when I have access to frost dragons - and agile is free to get back on death like god capes or prayer books.

Even been to a few trips in chaotic risk.

Agile is harder to return in; like zamorak book - but I have a large quantity of bgloves on hand for returns. Usually I'll just return in dhide chaps and mystic/pros top... for trips I can usually get agile and every back within 2 minutes as I have teleports for all the places to get the untradeable gear back.

to the person who posted the wall of text; I didn't make my account to dominate f2p, it's easy enough to f2p pk as it is.

I have the tokens for gravite crap if I wanted to get it, I'd barely ever use it so it's better spent on another chaotic weapon.

My hp is well above my combat level.

i find it hard to believe you constantly return in b gloves more than maybe 2 times a trip, as a lot of fights, as they drag on, turn into welfare fights and people arent motivated to return in quality gear to get dropped by 1 itemers and welfare. and if you return in agile you have to first hop worlds and then get the armor and then hop back just for 1 return set, which makes you less useful as you'll have way longer return time; im sure you know this, so as you said, you return in mystic and dhides, making u just another 30 def, except with 35 def. also you talk about zammy books and god capes, but pures dont use those in pkri, or if they do they dont bother hopping to get them back b4 returning bc its not necessary to have it to be effective for a pure, whereas without your agile and gloves your offensive abilities arent anything special and much worse than a 30 def with turmoil. also you dont lose turmoil when you die, so 30 def turmoil is more effective for pkri as they can return in the same mystic and dhides you do instantly, except they have way more bonuses from prayer than you do.

A rune pure clan full of people that don't hybrid? or ones that do and have def bonuses in mystic that are the same as a pures anyway - just with lower offensive stats because higher def?

Any decent rune pure hybrids eventually realize that doing a 6 way switch on a rune pure is the same as doing a 6 way switch on a main. The difference is, your 10m risk on a main pays off alot more on a main than it does on a rune pure... needless to mention higher hits, at 112 combat your practically a main anyway, and better loot due to not being a pure.

My combat is - and will always be - too low for a rune pure clan.

I belong with hybrids, not with melee based failbrids with 40 def... pure clans have that to offer me, and my defence/combat is still low.

Im still more pure than turmoil pures... or anything else over 20 def for that matter.

uh no. your flaw is that you judge how pure someone is by combat level in order to make yourself look pure, where as pures are based on def lvl. everyone has already said it, but ill say it anyway; ofc def is better vs no def, but thats not what pure clans are made for and your opinion doesn't change anything. at the end of the day the "offenisve bonuses" youre obessed with dont apply to your return sets and performance in pkri. and stop making it seem like every turmoil pure gets 99 attack so u can say they max at 108 combat; maybe 5% of turmoil 30 def pures are dumb enough to do that. regularly they max at 102 combat with 80 attack which is the max any 30 def usually gets. so no youre not more pure than 30 def turmoil in any way really.

I have no idea but none using this forum that's for sure.

- I'm with Konka. :wub:

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

Forty, you live in an idealized world of pvp.

and looking at my acc you are like damn 84 atk? yeah 70-84 atk pking with whip for a year. no point getting 80 dung on that account since i wouldn't ever use it. If u use range at drags, its instant prayer. so it doesnt matter whether im 70-99 range.

And incorrect, what I refer to as a pker, you refer to as a pure.

A pure is low attack, 1 def, 1-13 prayer... just because everyone else uses overheads doesn't make it okay for you to do it and call yourself pure, anymore than people having defence makes it okay for you to do it as well. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound.

Overheads are just as extraneous as defence if you were to apply the same pure logic.

thats about the biggest piece of ******** as i have ever read.

First off a pure is a pure. insanely low defence for high offensive. IDC there is not point in 13 prayer if your opponent is just goin to flop up overheads everytime, plus higher prayer lasts longer than 13 prayer. 13 prayer doesnt last that long in f2p battles, plus in p2p if you get smited its pretty much just a waste.

A pure is not low attack. pretty much today everyone gets 60 attack for maximum damage in specs.

a pure is 1 defence, but errors do occur they stack up over the years(look at mahatma hes 17 defence). most people get 20 after 11 defence for rune gloves, and better armor in f2p. fighting 20 def on a 1 def isnt bad its doable. But 30+ defence just makes it impossible without high attack bonus(whip and crossbow). 35+defence just makes it worse. Should pure clans accept 40-70 defence rangers because they max at the same combat as a max pure? no, even though you are going to yes cause u were dropped on your head as a child. You belong nowhere cause your account is obsolete. Idc if its effective, the statistics show that 40 def is more effective(no its not theory you adolescense). Almost every account in runescape is effective. its mostly just the guy behind the pker. Maybe team inc will accept you because thats the only place where you could remotely belong.

*you max out at 90 combat, whereas a rp maxes out at 91* do you know how stupid that is? the bonuses are so op at 40 defence than comparing it to 30-35. With that being said the bonuses at 30+ compared to 20 or 1 are op.

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png