Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Pures with barrows gloves?

BIGRYAN

not like he's returning to pkri in barrows glovs chaotics or agile, so hes just 35 def addy no turm. would be useful for the occassional prep...but then again there's this thing called a def cap and it rarely goes over 20 for clw if 20.

Proof? I always pk in agile and bgloves... 100k a death doesn't hurt my bank when I have access to frost dragons - and agile is free to get back on death like god capes or prayer books.

Even been to a few trips in chaotic risk.

Agile is harder to return in; like zamorak book - but I have a large quantity of bgloves on hand for returns. Usually I'll just return in dhide chaps and mystic/pros top... for trips I can usually get agile and every back within 2 minutes as I have teleports for all the places to get the untradeable gear back.

to the person who posted the wall of text; I didn't make my account to dominate f2p, it's easy enough to f2p pk as it is.

I have the tokens for gravite crap if I wanted to get it, I'd barely ever use it so it's better spent on another chaotic weapon.

My hp is well above my combat level.

i find it hard to believe you constantly return in b gloves more than maybe 2 times a trip, as a lot of fights, as they drag on, turn into welfare fights and people arent motivated to return in quality gear to get dropped by 1 itemers and welfare. and if you return in agile you have to first hop worlds and then get the armor and then hop back just for 1 return set, which makes you less useful as you'll have way longer return time; im sure you know this, so as you said, you return in mystic and dhides, making u just another 30 def, except with 35 def. also you talk about zammy books and god capes, but pures dont use those in pkri, or if they do they dont bother hopping to get them back b4 returning bc its not necessary to have it to be effective for a pure, whereas without your agile and gloves your offensive abilities arent anything special and much worse than a 30 def with turmoil. also you dont lose turmoil when you die, so 30 def turmoil is more effective for pkri as they can return in the same mystic and dhides you do instantly, except they have way more bonuses from prayer than you do.

Then what clan do you know of that best benefits my account?

A rune pure clan full of people that don't hybrid? or ones that do and have def bonuses in mystic that are the same as a pures anyway - just with lower offensive stats because higher def?

Any decent rune pure hybrids eventually realize that doing a 6 way switch on a rune pure is the same as doing a 6 way switch on a main. The difference is, your 10m risk on a main pays off alot more on a main than it does on a rune pure... needless to mention higher hits, at 112 combat your practically a main anyway, and better loot due to not being a pure.

My combat is - and will always be - too low for a rune pure clan.

I belong with hybrids, not with melee based failbrids with 40 def... pure clans have that to offer me, and my defence/combat is still low.

Im still more pure than turmoil pures... or anything else over 20 def for that matter.

uh no. your flaw is that you judge how pure someone is by combat level in order to make yourself look pure, where as pures are based on def lvl. everyone has already said it, but ill say it anyway; ofc def is better vs no def, but thats not what pure clans are made for and your opinion doesn't change anything. at the end of the day the "offenisve bonuses" youre obessed with dont apply to your return sets and performance in pkri. and stop making it seem like every turmoil pure gets 99 attack so u can say they max at 108 combat; maybe 5% of turmoil 30 def pures are dumb enough to do that. regularly they max at 102 combat with 80 attack which is the max any 30 def usually gets. so no youre not more pure than 30 def turmoil in any way really.

102 combat? so that's more pure than maxed at 87, or 91 if i get dunge prayers?

I hope you realize I'm 85 dungeoneering and can make 1.6m an hour easy... a 150k return set is the least of my problems... I don't die over 10 times in a war and even if I did I'd still break even.

Hell, dying 10 times in a war would be a blessing to my drop heat.

But all in all you're right, I don't return in bgloves over 3 times in a war usually - because I can't recall a war where I've died over 3 times before we've either won, or were crashed before then.

What you must understand, is my first set lasts the longest - I'm typically over 100 magic defence in agile and whatnot - this allows me to divert my protections to range/melee, and that soaks up alot of the damage I receive.

If you think pures in water staff and ghost robes are a threat to agile armour; I'm more than willing to let you try it in duel arena if you don't believe me

If the war is held on a pvp world, I can return in agile in a timely fashion, i have all the teleports lined up in my pk tab, i can get agile in less than a minute... duel ring to mobilizing armies, spirit tree to gnome course... and then games necklace to barb course.

If it isn't held on pvp or we need a.s.a.p returns, i bust out the tank gear (pros pl8/helm+dhide chaps) or return in zuriels if corrupt isn't off.

Dying in bgloves isn't scratching my bank... I need the drop heat.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forty, you live in an idealized world of pvp.

and looking at my acc you are like damn 84 atk? yeah 70-84 atk pking with whip for a year. no point getting 80 dung on that account since i wouldn't ever use it. If u use range at drags, its instant prayer. so it doesnt matter whether im 70-99 range.

And incorrect, what I refer to as a pker, you refer to as a pure.

A pure is low attack, 1 def, 1-13 prayer... just because everyone else uses overheads doesn't make it okay for you to do it and call yourself pure, anymore than people having defence makes it okay for you to do it as well. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound.

Overheads are just as extraneous as defence if you were to apply the same pure logic.

thats about the biggest piece of ******** as i have ever read.

First off a pure is a pure. insanely low defence for high offensive. IDC there is not point in 13 prayer if your opponent is just goin to flop up overheads everytime, plus higher prayer lasts longer than 13 prayer. 13 prayer doesnt last that long in f2p battles, plus in p2p if you get smited its pretty much just a waste.

A pure is not low attack. pretty much today everyone gets 60 attack for maximum damage in specs.

a pure is 1 defence, but errors do occur they stack up over the years(look at mahatma hes 17 defence). most people get 20 after 11 defence for rune gloves, and better armor in f2p. fighting 20 def on a 1 def isnt bad its doable. But 30+ defence just makes it impossible without high attack bonus(whip and crossbow). 35+defence just makes it worse. Should pure clans accept 40-70 defence rangers because they max at the same combat as a max pure? no, even though you are going to yes cause u were dropped on your head as a child. You belong nowhere cause your account is obsolete. Idc if its effective, the statistics show that 40 def is more effective(no its not theory you adolescense). Almost every account in runescape is effective. its mostly just the guy behind the pker. Maybe team inc will accept you because thats the only place where you could remotely belong.

*you max out at 90 combat, whereas a rp maxes out at 91* do you know how stupid that is? the bonuses are so op at 40 defence than comparing it to 30-35. With that being said the bonuses at 30+ compared to 20 or 1 are op.

Loving the personal attacks; very cliche of someone speaking on behalf of pures and shows you can't hold your own without taking a debate to a personal level.

Until you chill out any statement you have to make invalid; chill out... this is a runescape forum bro.

You don't know the first thing about statistics...get 40 def for 1 strength bonus? thats a combat level for less than a fraction of a hit difference... if you want to say that is worth it; then the max hit difference between 40 and 45 is greater, so that is 2.5 combats.

vengeance is useless on a hybrid.

rune is extraneous and not needed. I'm a good hybrid and there is NEVER an excuse to switch to rune in a hybrid fight.

if you are switching to rune; it's to defend against range or melee... if you are being ranged you switch to a melee weapon... if you're frozen and can't melee back you range back with no disadvantage whatsoever.

If someone is meleeing you, it's time to freeze and tag with melee - if they are in dhides their melee defence is equivalent to adamant anyway... even then you can still melee hides in range armour as well with no disadvantage in the fight.

/query Forty-Lashes in irc for more hybriding lessons.

and looking at my acc you are like damn 84 atk? yeah 70-84 atk pking with whip for a year. no point getting 80 dung on that account since i wouldn't ever use it. If u use range at drags, its instant prayer. so it doesnt matter whether im 70-99 range.

A pure is low attack, 1 def, 1-13 prayer... just because everyone else uses overheads doesn't make it okay for you to do it and call yourself pure, anymore than people having defence makes it okay for you to do it as well. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound.

Overheads are just as extraneous as defence if you were to apply the same pure logic.

First off a pure is a pure. insanely low defence for high offensive. IDC there is not point in 13 prayer if your opponent is just goin to flop up overheads everytime, plus higher prayer lasts longer than 13 prayer. 13 prayer doesnt last that long in f2p battles, plus in p2p if you get smited its pretty much just a waste.

A pure is not low attack. pretty much today everyone gets 60 attack for maximum damage in specs.

a pure is 1 defence, but errors do occur they stack up over the years(look at mahatma hes 17 defence). most people get 20 after 11 defence for rune gloves, and better armor in f2p. fighting 20 def on a 1 def isnt bad its doable. But 30+ defence just makes it impossible without high attack bonus(whip and crossbow). 35+defence just makes it worse. Should pure clans accept 40-70 defence rangers because they max at the same combat as a max pure? no, even though you are going to yes cause u were dropped on your head as a child. You belong nowhere cause your account is obsolete. Idc if its effective, the statistics show that 40 def is more effective(no its not theory you adolescense). Almost every account in runescape is effective. its mostly just the guy behind the pker. Maybe team inc will accept you because thats the only place where you could remotely belong.

*you max out at 90 combat, whereas a rp maxes out at 91* do you know how stupid that is? the bonuses are so op at 40 defence than comparing it to 30-35. With that being said the bonuses at 30+ compared to 20 or 1 are op.

Loving the personal attacks; very cliche of someone speaking on behalf of pures and shows you can't hold your own without taking a debate to a personal level.

Until you chill out any statement you have to make invalid; chill out... this is a runescape forum bro.

You don't know the first thing about statistics...get 40 def for 1 strength bonus? thats a combat level for less than a fraction of a hit difference... if you want to say that is worth it; then the max hit difference between 40 and 45 is greater, so that is 2.5 combats.

rune is extraneous and not needed. I'm a good hybrid and there is NEVER an excuse to switch to rune in a hybrid fight.

if you are switching to rune; it's to defend against range or melee... if you are being ranged you switch to a melee weapon... if you're frozen and can't melee back you range back with no disadvantage whatsoever.

If someone is meleeing you, it's time to freeze and tag with melee - if they are in dhides their melee defence is equivalent to adamant anyway... even then you can still melee hides in range armour as well with no disadvantage in the fight.

i stopped after loving personal attacks.... stop reading my statements in harsh tone and then make another reply and ill read

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

I think the point Celtic, like almost every other person on here is trying to make, is that your account is not pure and shouldn't (though it will be anyway, so theres no point crying about it) be let into pure clans.

The concept of a pure isn't hard to understand, you sacrifice defence and prayer in order to maintain higher offensive stats. You're just using armour and weapons to make up for the fact that the account itself isn't pure, which is what mains do. I don't know what else needs to be said..

lifes a ***** n then ya die

I think the point Celtic, like almost every other person on here is trying to make, is that your account is not pure and shouldn't (though it will be anyway, so theres no point crying about it) be let into pure clans.

The concept of a pure isn't hard to understand, you sacrifice defence and prayer in order to maintain higher offensive stats. You're just using armour and weapons to make up for the fact that the account itself isn't pure, which is what mains do. I don't know what else needs to be said..

what about people with 13 def? they get more armour and weapons and I doubt many fret over it's impurity upon applying.

I get your point; but just because you have 1 def doesn't necessarily make you a pure.

Pure means free from extraneous things. For me, I have what I need to pk effectively and nothing more for my combat; barrows gloves are what I've noticed make the difference on the account; I'm not 40 def or higher because I don't need anything else.

While barrows gloves may be extraneous in your perspective; it's not in mine.

I fall into the combat frame of pure clans, my defence is still low - making tank references are very inaccurate because I'm less than half of that defence; and tanks have options in other clans.

Say what you will - think what you think - you're entitled to your perspective as much as I am - and I'm here to stay.

Quit making assumptions, I've pked on mains, 1 defs, and 45 defs - 35 defence does pk differently, the closest thing to relate it to is a void pker as far as the pking style goes.

Because I don't leave myself constantly vulnerable to getting 1 banged it requires no skill?

I'd say thats intelligence... if something is more effective and easier to use - that would make something that requires more effort and is less effective, obsolete.

I hit higher than a rune pure my combat hits... defence bonus makes no difference for the rune pure because I'm going to be targeting whatever gear's weakness the rune pure has - while my gear provides well rounded defence.

a rune pure can run around barraging 466, but while he's in mystic hes going to get annihilated by range or melee.

Keep arguing if you want, any 'point' you can think of I've heard and addressed already.

I don't understand what the issue is, if you think my account is pointless then that shouldn't present a problem for you in the wild?

You've yet to address this problem, why are you in a pure clan you arrogant main?

Nobody cares, if IR accepts a 70 defence person and calls him pure, tells everyone to stfu "LULZ LOOK AT MY GEAR, IT'S HARD TO GET!(#&$*(^$"

I WON'T GET 1 BANGED IN THIS, HERPA DERP!!!

Your point is invalid, you're retarded.

(10:31:01) <Hotkeying> I don't need to sit here and brag about IR

>> implying you've done something

Chaotic are a joke for even allowing you in, the arrogance in your posts make me rage. You're arguing the same point, but everyone has broken it down to simple logic. Yet your feeble mind can't comprehend, for the last time... 35 defence is not pure, it is a hybrid. But who the **** cares? Everything is a hybrid.

If you have 10 mage, 10 range, 10 strength. You're a ******* hybrid, even if you have 99 defence. PURE clans are PURE, not HYBRIDS. Have a nice day, you retard.

(10:31:01) <Hotkeying> I don't need to sit here and brag about IR

>> implying you've done something

i have literally held ur wrist, put the pencil in your hand, spoke it aloud to you, and you still cant spell out what im saying.

you are contradicting yourself with everything you say.

You say u need these extraneous bonuses to pk, but you don't need extraneous bonuses of rune to pk. Ok so you suck too much to pk without half the bonuses(yeah thats a (and first)personal attack right there btw, but its revelant)?

Also you say you don't see the point in rune because its only 1 combat level for 1 more str bonus?

Whats the point in barrow gloves if its 9 combat levels for 9 str bonus?

You say you are in the combat frame of pures. Well whoopy do, pures range from 1-101/113 combat with 1 defence, 106/118 combat with 20. The max pure at level 82 hits 340 d scim, 330 dds, 410 c bow, 300 barrage w/out bonuses ye ik. This is what you hit at 84 combat with your current stats, same with barrage, 5% less with c bow, 315 d scim, 305 dds.

You talk about maxing out damage per defence level, yet you hit less than people do 2 levels below you. at 85 combat people will hit 370/380 with whip/ss as pures

a tank with 50 atk 85 str 60 def 90 range/mage 85 hp 45 prayer is 85 combat.

You then state how rune is useless, then you go on about rune is useful for tanking hits in hybrid fights.

Well herp derp.... rune is good for tanking hits? what is this prophanity?(pretty sure i got the wrong word here but im sure you can figure it out ^^). yes tanking, the whole point of those defence levels. Im sorry about your addy/agile armor just isnt going to cut it, but wearing rune would make you pretty much invincible. remember 9 combat levels for 9+ str bonus or 10 combat levels for 10+ str bonus or 11 combat levels for 13+ str bonus(but remember no defense bonuses) or 0 combat levels or 0+ str bonus. the last one my friend is pure.

and yes my friend 1 defence makes you a pure. again you have pker builds and pures confused.

I hope I have enlightened you. Now i await your reply that i have already countered. Looking back on it I pretty much counter every view, then you repeat it. You present idea 1, I counter it, you present idea 2, I counter it, you present idea 3, I counter it, you represent idea 1, and I cannot refuse to facepalm

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Where is the arrogance? What because I actually know what I'm talking about and laying down statistics that makes me big headed?

Whatever. Think what you want; I don't care - your opinion doesn't remove whats there already.

Done talking, I've said what needs to be said ~ you keep repeating yourself instead of comprehending the rebuttle, and countering them with something apart from repeating the same comment over and over.

You're as incapable of comprehending as you say I am, I've laid down the facts - if you believe other wise - I'll see you in the wild.

Where is the arrogance? What because I actually know what I'm talking about and laying down statistics that makes me big headed?

Whatever. Think what you want; I don't care - you're opinion doesn't remove whats there already.

you don't know, baby we know, and as said by others I know. Just cause I caught you, don't be ashamed, it happens

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Whatever. Think what you want; I don't care - you're opinion doesn't remove whats there already.

you don't know, baby we know, and as said by others I know. Just cause I caught you, don't be ashamed, it happens

Caught me?

You haven't said anything that I haven't shut down sweetcheeks.

When you can measure up hit me up mang = http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1274099-the-agile-pure-guide/

picard-facepalm.jpg

I'm sure you will post something along the lines as "nice idiotic pic, can't make composed comebacks?"

then after reading that you won't then after reading this you will yea and so on.

But pic is relevant and expresses the true nature of your stubborness which is denying facts.

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

read the last 3 pages with a open-minded approach

and don't reply with i have considered them, and they don't result in shit.

You haven't and the last reply you made to the facts is summarized in "lmao you crazy bro"

I believe I am sometimes resaying the same thing, but it is because you block out the real message and only focus on a little part. I then reexplain in a whole new perspective, but nothings proves to pass through that hard head of yours

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

actually more like 10 seconds, guess that answers the dsylexic question.

got anything else or are you ready to come to terms with being wrong?

bro why are you asking me to give you your respect back, when you obviously don't respect anyone on these boards.

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Also I'm sincerely sorry that my latest wall of text had brought your comments from a sincere reply down to random gibberish/bait proving your immaturity. you shouldn't be in this serious discussion, had it overloaded your brain? Can't you contemplate the facts im giving you?

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

picard-facepalm.jpg

I'm sure you will post something along the lines as "nice idiotic pic, can't make composed comebacks?"

then after reading that you won't then after reading this you will yea and so on.

But pic is relevant and expresses the true nature of your stubborness which is denying facts.

Picture may be relevant but picture sucks.

Arp-1.png

No, it's just you - I'm not really disrespecting you either - don't be so sensitive.

how is it not disrepecting to reject everything i say without a serious thought? to throw away my ideas without even giving them a try? i politely asked you to reread to ponder the facts and you didn't. That's also disrespecting right there. Then you asked me to do what you clearly hadn't, which I had done before making that statement because I don't ask upon others thing I wouldn't do(unless its something like they want to do and I wouldn't ofc)?

with that being said, nite

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

wait making a tl;dr for you

going to edit

1 def is pure, 20 def is only accepted as pure because of accidents, and then some abuse this loophole and get 20 defense on purpose. getting defence on purpose for offensive purposes is the oppisite of pure. 1 defence is pure, ik you love your builds and entitled to your own opinion, but 1 defence is set in stone as pure. its like saying gravity doesn't exit.

another topic. you said how you got 9 combat levels for 9 more str bonuses and to maximize str bonus per defence level, even though 1 defence has the highest damage per defence/combat, and you refuse to see how 10 combat levels with 10 more str bonus with 1.5x greater defense is better or even equal, and to make it worse you think that 9 4 9 is better than 10 4 10 + better defense or 11 4 11. You said earlier it was just theory, it was far from theory having first hand experience myself, which is what you said makes you right. if we both have the same thing and make different accusations, then we would both be right by your terms of evidence, but thats a paradox, it can't exist.

nite 4 realz this time

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Read this through before repeating yourself again.

The definition of pure comes down to perspective, as said earlier regardless of perspective I'm still here anyway. Even if you don't think I'm pure, I'm in a clan that fights pures, you may think I don't belong, but if I have an account with low def that kills 1 def better than 1 def does at the same combat - The clan benefits from my presence.

Im not a rune pure. Im not a tank. Im not a turmoil pure.

I don't max at an insanely high combat - and I still have low def.

1 def with 99 prayer isn't pure - it's extraneous.

At the same time 43 prayer can be considered unpure due to the fact there's nothing offensive about protections - pure's get them to defend themselves - how much different is that from getting defense directly to defend yourself instead?

Barrows gloves are 12 strength bonus, not 9 - and I got them for their attack/defence bonus as well.

However it's not only barrows gloves I got combats for, It's versatile gear that I can get free on death like agile armour.

This brings back pking similar to old wild; where you could return on death and recover your untradeables.

You may have experience, but your support of the build is for the wrong reasons.

While you may find rune pures to be more effective; what you must understand is to be effective on a rune pure, is to be more effective on a main. Why limit yourself to switching between rune and mystic when you can be switching out of max gear all the same on a main, getting better loot, hitting higher, and having everything to do in the game?

The answer to that question is Purity, Because stuff like that doesn't matter enough to you to be worthwhile; it's extraneous. You limit yourself to what you need to be effective and have fun in the combat range of your choice. Main pking gets boring, just as rune pure pking does.

Throughout the boredom on my zerker I found 35 defence would not only be a more effective hybrid at a lower combat, but equally cost effective - and upon making it I can claim a fulfilled 35 defence pure to be a more fun account.

There's nothing 40 defence has that I need - so going any higher would be a waste.

And 1-30 defence doesn't have enough going for it for me to even consider it.

Thats my purity - everything I need and nothing I don't while remaining a low combat with heavy offensive, and having fun.

What 1 def gains in power it loses in vulnerability, I have the best of both worlds.