Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Could God...

Reilly

Obvious answer is obvious. It is..................Maybe

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

God is perfect

God can do anything

God also cannot do anything that goes against his perfectousness, though he could

This is the example that 8th grade teachers use in English class when they learn what a paradox is.

speaking of english...teach*

If God can't do something, regardless of the context it's in, doesn't that challenge the concept of his omnipotence?

lifes a ***** n then ya die

wat

TH IS MY ONE

God is perfect

God can do anything

God also cannot do anything that goes against his perfectousness, though he could

This is the example that 8th grade teachers use in English class when they learn what a paradox is.

:blush:

God is perfect

God can do anything

If God can't do something, regardless of the context it's in, doesn't that challenge the concept of his omnipotence?

Obviously God can't do everything. He can't stop being God. He can't choose to be evil. You're not saying anything revolutionary or crippling to the Christian faith here.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

God wants us to buy Nike Hyperdunks apparently.

+1 lmfao

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

God is perfect

God can do anything

God is perfect

God can do anything

Obviously God can't do everything. He can't stop being God. He can't choose to be evil. You're not saying anything revolutionary or crippling to the Christian faith here.

Implying that I was even talking about a Christian God and not from a purely philosophical viewpoint..BUT IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A CHRISTIAN GOD I'LL DEFEND HIM TO THE DEATH!!!!!!!!

OT: If God is omnipotent and omniscient whats to say he's not already the essence of evil? And if God can't do everything/isn't everything, then what characteristics make him God.

God is perfect

God can do anything

God is perfect

God can do anything

Implying that I was even talking about a Christian God and not from a purely philosophical viewpoint..BUT IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A CHRISTIAN GOD I'LL DEFEND HIM TO THE DEATH!!!!!!!!

OT: If God is omnipotent and omniscient whats to say he's not already the essence of evil? And if God can't do everything/isn't everything, then what characteristics make him God.

wat

I said it wasn't something that criticized the Christian faith. Meaning, my point was coming from a Christian perspective. That doesn't mean I was insinuating that YOU were coming from a certain point of view, only that I was.

How does being omniscient translate to being a part of evil? Omniscience and omnipotence have nothing to do with, as you said, being in everything (by saying "And if God can't do everything/isn't everything", I'm assuming that you're going against the notion that God is all matter, which isn't claimed by the Bible at all). Unless you meant to talk of omnipresence, yet even that only means His omnipotence reaches every corner of existence. Again, you made a large leap going from God's 'false' omnipotence/science to Him being the essence of evil. I hope what I said was written clearly.

As for what makes him God, it's the fact that he's perfect. Omnipotence doesn't cause perfection, and vice-versa. The idea that God is sinless is what makes him perfect. He doesn't make mistakes. He does things for his own interest, yet isn't selfish. I don't see why you believe that because God can't make a stone so heavy that he can't lift it, it makes him imperfect. Perfection =/= Being all-powerful

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

God is perfect

God can do anything

God is perfect

God can do anything

wat

I said it wasn't something that criticized the Christian faith. Meaning, my point was coming from a Christian perspective. That doesn't mean I was insinuating that YOU were coming from a certain point of view, only that I was.

How does being omniscient translate to being a part of evil? Omniscience and omnipotence have nothing to do with, as you said, being in everything (by saying "And if God can't do everything/isn't everything", I'm assuming that you're going against the notion that God is all matter, which isn't claimed by the Bible at all). Unless you meant to talk of omnipresence, yet even that only means His omnipotence reaches every corner of existence. Again, you made a large leap going from God's 'false' omnipotence/science to Him being the essence of evil. I hope what I said was written clearly.

As for what makes him God, it's the fact that he's perfect. Omnipotence doesn't cause perfection, and vice-versa. The idea that God is sinless is what makes him perfect. He doesn't make mistakes. He does things for his own interest, yet isn't selfish. I don't see why you believe that because God can't make a stone so heavy that he can't lift it, it makes him imperfect. Perfection =/= Being all-powerful

When you said that it wasn't something that criticized the Christian faith you were implying that I was even talking about the Christian faith in the first place, sorry if I sounded snide lol.

Once again you assume that I'm coming from a Christian perspective of God when you make the point "I'm assuming that you're going against the notion that God is all matter, which isn't claimed by the Bible at all". I also meant to say he also has an Omnipresence, because if God is infinitely powerful and knowing, then logically that means he embodies both the good and evil of the world. Infinite power means infinite power, we can't just take the good without the bad because then it would not be infinite.

Omniscient: Omniscience (or omniscient point-of-view in writing) is the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc. In monotheism, this ability is typically attributed to God. ...

Omnipotent: almighty: having unlimited power

If God is an omniscient being that has the capacity to know everything while having an unlimited amount power because he is also omnipotent, wouldn't that translate into him not only being all powerful, and all knowing, but also all good and all evil? I didn't say I didn't say that I don't believe God can't make a stone so heavy he can't lift it, it was just a question. I'm agnostic personally, but if I were to answer the question I'd say that the concept of God can't be restrained by human logic because he is great and perfect, while we are flawed.