Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

'Fun' in the Pure world these days?

`Nakey

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I don't see a lot of fun and friendly things going down in the Pure clanning world these days. Most of the time it's just the weekly trips, "Aussie" trips, and clan wars (minis, PCL, prep wars, etc). There's a good amount of fun things to do in Runescape that I don't see the mainstream pure doing even though they aren't restricted to do so. These things include possible friendly Castle Wars fights against other clans or themselves, Stealing Creations battles (always looked really fun to play with pures and whatnot), Fist of Guthix with pures, all of these minigames (with the exception of things like Barbarian Assault) are opportunities of excitement and joy to share with your fellow members. I myself have helped to lead a few Castle Wars events for We Are Royalty and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves over Teamspeak and ingame.

What I'm saying is, where is the fun? Is it really 'fun' to go out and just waste your bank in doing nothing but representing a clan or going out and PKing alone by yourself? In all, it seems like people get more frustrated with serious clan versus clan business and end up releasing in a troll-worthy fashion, which can be proven to be bad for our community. Obviously, there are different forms of entertainment for difference players and everyone has their own opinion towards things, but is our community really not open to new things?

tl;dr: Tons of things on Runescape to do as a clan that includes great, solid fun but they aren't being taken advantage of, thus maintaining a highly volatile and over-serious community.

Your thoughts?

inb4 Runescape/Pures are already dead

Fighting another clan is more fun than wasting time in castle wars, fight pits, first of guthix and other failed mini-games Jagex made... Not everyone has the same view as you :D

It just seems that no one's been really open to Jagex's 'failed' updates ever since the removal of the wilderness..

Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not being done. Fun events are to bring a clan together. Build some kind of magical "ebond" with them. Posting lil things like this is kinda like showing your friends pictures of your girl naked. Most just don't do it.

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

Well first off everyone has their own idea of "Fun". Most of our members in Foe idea of fun is having unofficial p2p pking during the week, Preps, and mini wars. So we make plenty of events that can give them what they want.

Want to join the best? Go to http://Foe-rs.com

Foe vs Fi F2P Full Out Saturday Auguest 11, 2012

Retired Runescape 2/1/2012

I have fun embarrassing other clans...

More fun events would be good but people are lazy, and so many clans (some more than others) are so afraid to take a loss of any kind that they won't even fight certain clans (roflroflrofl).

~It's not flame baiting if it's true~

~You may hate what I say, but I love when you hate~

I have fun embarrassing other clans...

More fun events would be good but people are lazy, and so many clans (some more than others) are so afraid to take a loss of any kind that they won't even fight certain clans (roflroflrofl).

my clan has fun, we come on pure warfare and read the **** that you post

/thread

mmflash123.gif

Fighting another clan is more fun than wasting time in castle wars, fight pits, first of guthix and other failed mini-games Jagex made... Not everyone has the same view as you :D

It just seems that no one's been really open to Jagex's 'failed' updates ever since the removal of the wilderness..

It's not that people aren't open to them, just that every mini game is **** (or were when I was playing, not sure if anything has changed). The whole point of making a pure was to reap the rewards of easy player killing with minimum effort and fuss, something that was made impossible after the removal of the wilderness.

4Fdyf.png

with the 2007 wildy update the primary focus of clans changed from going out to pk into just fighting over clans, and it just never reverted back to the old ways.

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

scape is sh1t blud

u aint from london, dont say blud....

blud

Oh that's right... some words have area requirements....

ofcourse, just like people from leeds cant say blud either

blud

OT, Castle wars is ****, fog is ****, killing clans is fun /topic

257oqdz.png

Proud Ex-Dv Co Leader ~~0wnage__pks~~

R o y al

99/99 Range
94/99 Mage
98/99 Str
75/75 Atk
89/99 hp

scape is sh1t blud

u aint from london, dont say blud....

blud

i can't read and i can't write but that don't really matter, cause i'm an ipswich town fan and I can drive a tractor.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

Looks like you're saying the average weekend trips aren't fun for you

A lot of people like joining clans when they're doing good because the action on the weekend trips is fun, and gives them good bank to make.

Personally, if I wanted to do stuff like that a majority of the time with my clan, I would have joined a RS forum clan, not a competitive one.

111106164814.png

hsig1.png

weekend trips can be pretty fun depending on how things go about that day. preps, pcl and minis are standard stuff midweek too, enjoy them when i attend. we've done kbd, bandos, fog and 5v5 castle wars. not necessarily the whole clan taking part but even dung is something to do with clan mates.

grogsfinalnotext.png