Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dual Monitor Display

Jay

You have two independent monitors for one computer. They link between each other, so I can drag a window from one to the other, drop program icons from one to the other, etc.

You only need one mouse, the mouse will jump from one monitor to the other. (When the mouse is on my left monitor and it reaches all the way to the right, it jumps to the left side of the right monitor, as if it were one large screen.

It's great for viewing two screens at once.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

i kinda want this

It's nifty for multitasking. IE, you can have scape open on your main monitor (if you're on a trip or something), and go through iTunes, IRC, screen recorder, etc on the other one.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

I have dual monitors. I have scape on my bigger screen, then youtube/forums on my other one. And above me I have my mounted flat screen for xbox. but what sucks is I have to transfer the internet cable, I can't play xbox and scape at the same time.

TH IS MY ONE

I have dual monitors. I have scape on my bigger screen, then youtube/forums on my other one. And above me I have my mounted flat screen for xbox. but what sucks is I have to transfer the internet cable, I can't play xbox and scape at the same time.

Buy a wireless adapter for your xbox? Or do you not have a router for your internet?

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

how do u set this up

You need to have more than one monitor (obviously), as well as more than on graphics card. You can tell how many you have have by seeing how many blue ports you have on the back of your harddrive tower. If you have only one, and you want another, I'm pretty sure you can by additional ones for a decent price.

You hook up both monitors, then go to your control panel (Control Panel -> Appearance -> Personalization -> Display Settings). Assign which will be your main monitor, and set the resolution for both. You then customize how your monitors will be set up. (Side by side, vertical, which one is on which side, etc). Make sure that your mouse goes from one monitor to the other correctly. There you have it.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

• 3 months later...
I had this with my old desktop it's really easy to set up but now I have a laptop so there isn't really a need of it =p

You can connect your laptop up with other moniters as well. My personal set up whenever I come home.

tmapw.png