Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Trev's Guide to Barrows

Su lc l De

Ok, So this is just a guide I made for Crimson Project when I got bored one day. If you like it, let me know as I will be making a few new guides, and I will consider posting them on Purewarfare. Feel free to post this guide on your clan's forum if you want. For those of you that know me, Thats my old pure R.I.P.

Ok. SO 1st off, I will discuss my two favorite ways of doing barrows. I will show Equipment for BOTH. Then, I will teach you how to do barrows sucessfully Enjoy

Method #1 Ancients

OK, so basically, you use a freezing spell and farcast the brothers. Easy enough right? Always bring a melee spec wep and range gear. Karils, MSB, Rune cbow, etc. anything works really.

Here is my setup for this.

NOTE: You can use bursts instead of barrages, and take other items, just be sure to have a decent magic attack bonus, Ghostly robes and burst will do fine if you do not have the stats/bank to used barrages/maxed gear. If you have done the quests for getting an anchor, bring a holy wrench, they help save prayer potion doses.

100518223745.png

Method #2. Slayer dart.

This is my favorite method. It requires 55 slayer to do though. It is very effecient and cheap. Also, slayer dart is NOT affected by your magic attack bonus, so you can do this method in whatever gear you like, negative mage bonus will not matter. Once again, bring a melee spec weapon and range gear.

100518223554.png[/url

now, I will tell you HOW to get to Barrows, the fastest way. Start off in Canifis bank. Enter Mort Myre, And run down to "The Hollows". From there, take the boat and you will end up right by the Barrows. Wach out for those damn ghasts, they like to ruin a food or two.

100519041554.png

100519004115.png

So. Now you're at barrows. Hope you didn't forget your spade. I will Now Discuss Tactics For EACH of the brothers. I will give tactics for ancients, and slayer dart. The order I show them in is the order I kill them in, I find it best.

Brother #1 --Karil The Tainted--

This guy is fairly easy, just be sure to pray because his hits are pretty acurate.

Tactic #1 Ancients: Pretty simple. Get your Melee Specs out on him, then you can mage or range him, up to you really. I find that a Kbow is a really effective weapon here at barrows.

Tactic #2 Slayer Dart: Pretty much the same thing, Spec him, then mage or range, although slayer dart hits more accurate then Ancients, I usually mage him with this method.

He is the Southern most hill.

100519004307.png

Brother #2 --Dharock The Wretched (little *****)--

Now this guy, can **** you up if you let your prayer drop. Don't get greedy with the prayer potions here. Your prayer drops periodically when you are under ground here, which can really **** you over. This guy has hit a 560 on me before. BE CAREFUL. However, the good news is he is really easy, if you don't **** up.

Method #1 Ancients: Uhh.. I would recommend leaving your prayer on AT ALL TIMES for this guy, it is why I do him 2nd. Just Barrage or burst him untill he drops like the little ***** he is :D

Method #2 Slayer Dart: Bascially the same, Slayer dart his ass till he drops, KEEP YOUR PRAYER UP UNTILL AFTER YOU SEE HIM DIE.

He is the North Eastern Hill

100519004505.png

Brother #3 --Verac The Defiled--

This guy, is probably #2 on the tough list. The reason being, he will hit you through your prayer occasionally, and his max through prayer is around 180. Not a big deal, but still, nice to know about.

Method #1 Ancients: Pray when you open the casket, FREEZE HIS ASS, and run back, drop prayer. Cast 2-3 times, pray and freeze, run back, Repeat.

Method #2 Slayer Dart: Pray the entire fight, using Slayer dart to destroy him. Eat when needed.

He is the North Western Hill

100519004531.png

Brother #4 --Torag The Corrupted--

This guy is easy too. Just your usual mage vs. melee tactics.

Method #1 Ancients: Farcast the noob back to hell.

Method #2 Slayer Dart: Pray and drop his ass with Slayer dart. Easy Enough

He is the South Eastern Hill.

100519142119.png

Brother #5 --Guthan The Infested--

This guy is fairly easy, I find Melee specs work good on him if you feel like wasting them.

Method #1 Ancients: Same as any other melee guy, Farcast the ***** till he dies

Method #2 Slayer Dart: Same as any other melee guy, Protect and KO him.

He is the South Eastern Hill

100519004736.png

Brother #6 --Ahrim--

This guy is extremely easy, I do not even pray on him.

Method #1 Ancients: Hey remember that range gear you brought? USE IT. Drops like a fly. Use ur melee specs 1st though, if you have. He drains your strength level.

Method #2 Slayer Dart: Melee spec his ass then range him out. GWAS.

He is the Center Hill

100519004940.png

OK, So by now, you should of Killed 5 of the 6 brothers. One Willl be your "tunnel." When you search the tomb you will be asked if you want to go down to the lower part of The Barrows. Do not do this yet, not untill you have killed all the other brothers. This is what it looks like.

100519005129.png

OK so here is a basica map to Barrows, Underground. Sorry I had to steal this from tip.it but #suckadick.

Ok SO you will Spawn in a room. Everytime you open a door you will spawn a new monster in the room you are entering, it will be one of the monsters from the barrows tunnel, or the last brother you have to fight. IF you do not spawn the brother before reaching the end, he will spawn at the chest. Here is what a brother spawning in the tunnels looks like.

100519145743.png

100519005252.png

OK, Almost done with a run!!!! Now you open the door, and enter the next. This is the chest room. IF you have not fought the last brother, be prepared to do so now. As soon as you click "OPEN" the chest, he will spawn. If you have already killed him, nothing will happen when you open it. SEARCH IT only after all the brotehrs are dead. You will get a reward varying from runes to a barrows item, I almost never lose money on a trip, even a non item one. You get A barrows item roughly 5% of the time you do a trip.

100519005449.png

Now, You can do one of two things. TELE OUT, re bank, re supply, and return to Canifis Restocked and ready. I reccomend house tabs, and having a house with a teleport to canifis AND an altar. This is not needed though. Just helps alot. Or, you can retrace your steps, climb up the rope, AND try to do another run without banking. This is not recommened unless you are an expeierenced Barrows-er. Hope you Enjoyed the guide, It is DONE.

Forgot this. Kill count: This is the count of the monsters you kill inside the tunnel, not including the brothers. This is not known to affect your odds of getting an actual barrows item, but however, it does somewhat effect the chest drop.

0-1 Killcount: Chaos mind death runes are possible

2 Killcount: Blood runes are possible

3 Killcount: Bolt racks are possible

5 Killcount: Half keys are RARELY possible

6 Killcount: D meds are RARELY possible

Oh, and you will learn alot of nice little tricks underground. I will teach you one. There is a safespot in the side tunnels against melee brothers :P

100518232825.png

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

Its a great guide :) Nice job Trev

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

Never done barrows, but this is a nice guide makes me want to try it. What GP/hour do you get there on average?

Depends on your luck.

It varies, but you will always profit in the end. You usually profit off the trips that you don't get an item off of.

When you get an item finally, they range anywhere from 50k-a few mil. Depending on the item you get.

Last time I went, I got Karils top.

Next trip I got Verac's Brassy and Torag's legs.

Made around 10m in an hr and a half.

Thats lucky as hell though.

Its fun to do when your bored.

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

• 1 month later...