Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Omni

Omni

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthoni, your logic is flawed, and to anyone with half a brain and has any kind of experience with other forums, it is clear that you don't know what your doing; By you saying "Believe it or not, no one wants to sit there and read two ignorant people go at it" it goes against the logic that "if i don't want to use these forums then i dont have to", conclusion if people don't want to read my flames? then don't simple as.

@mafia I don't give a **** about my spelling on a runescape-based forum. Unlike most idiots here, I care more about the point im trying to get across rather than about my grammar

Shut up Will Turb, your logic got yourself kicked from EOP.

You criticize and criticize, but you offer no solution to the problem you created out of nowhere. It's true that Purewarfare isn't the perfect forum out there, but neither are RSC or whatever the hell forum you visit. If you look at the quality of posts on Purewarfare, and compare it to the state of the pure world, there's a direct correlation that can't be overlooked. If you've had any experience with forums, you would realize that RSC got to where it is now by putting into effect a rigid, strict system where the smallest of idiots would be banned. Purewarfare is doing the same, albeit we're directed a smaller audience.

The content is made by the members, which is completely what we want: This is a community for pures. However, like with any community, we ban the idiots, delete the flames/trolls/flame baits and moderate the topic so that the topic maker is satisfied with it (Unless that topic-maker is a retard, that's your cue). If you don't find that suitable, then it's easy to make posts like this criticizing what you feel are the faults. Would Purewarfare be running for close to two years if we didn't do something right, that something right being the moderation?

With that being said, it comes down to two problems that's bluntly obvious.

1. Should we let more verbal arguments on these forums?

With the type of audience we have, the answer is no. Most of the members are based around their early to mid teens, an age where they feel absolutely right about every single point. For instance, I let your topic "Favorite Ir vids" go on for a while, seeing as how it was a fun topic to commemorate a clan. However, as soon as videos being negative towards IR came up, you instantly started to flame others. If you really do want to see more arguments, more debates on these forums, the way the members handle it has to change, or we'll continue with the system we have.

2. Are you making this post because you're note getting what you want?

It happens often, someone doesn't get what they want in which they believe is completely righteous and rants about it. You're no different. I recently posted a topic in the ranks discussion on whether they're happy with the moderation or not. Some suggest small changes, but most of the leaders were happy with the moderation - A sign that we're doing something right. In fact, they wanted us to become more strict, something that would totally not sit well with you.

Tl;dr if you don't like it then get out.

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

It's true that nobody wants to read "LOLOL I HAVE PRIDE IN MA KLAN....etc" and removing that post it's self does not do any harm to the forum, but it starts a slippery slope and soon your acting like Antoni and removing every post with conflicting ideas. However, leaving the post doesn't do any harm ether, it simply shows up the individual who said it. It's better to leave the post than to remove it.

Yes, remove personal attacks (no one is saying don't remove personal attacks) but don't remove any clan related arguments.

Likewise - I've been in a clan before, and I understand where the drive, and passion come from - It's okay to get pumped up a bit ingame to go for some hype and to have fun - It's not against the law to have fun, as a matter of fact I promote clan related arguments on a pretty wide degree - I HARDLY ever remove posts unless It's just straight up disrespectful to ANY party.

i.e.: "lol mm slumping" "rip eop" <== stuff that does not contribute to the topic, have discussion value, and just are dripping flame baits.

On a side note: I agree with aarpk, the post by omni shows whats wrong with the moderation on this forum, most of the mods are egotistical, self centred and very very arrogant, constantly considering themselves more intelligent than the users of this forum. (Mark and Furious excluded)

People use these forums for publicity, I don't and never will fault any clan for that - but there is a fine line between things that are okay or unnecessary.

Let's be honest yea the staff here isn't perfect but which staff on ANY given community site is? - PC didn't work out so well when half the community split off either -.-;

But OT - There was once a poll for if or not clans had to follow a TEMPLATE to write/make their clan warfare topics on. What is the point of that? Clans lose their individuality, topics lose the fun, every topic ends up looking bland. Obviously I voted 'no'. I'm all in for the fun aspect and little pump up clan pride stuff - Don't get me wrong, I'm not emotionless and that big of a Nazi when it comes to heated stuffs nor do I ever intend to moderate the forums that way.

And in honesty, I actually do read these topics for their entertainment value, it's pretty painful to see members diminish the value of their topics/achievements when they go "LOLLOLO YEA WE KICKED ASS LOL YOU (FI,EoP,MM,TLP,dF,FOE,etc) SUK N00BZ TRLOLOL". And this without fail happens on EVERY topic - then what does this lead to? More retorts, then mass flaming, trolling, etc.

I really try to not derail or nuke anything that should settle between clans. Disputes, or debates are FINE - Like I stated I am ALL FOR THAT.

But posts that are as such: "Lollol your an idiet speshls we had like 70 when we charged then cleared you stupid dumb idiots keep calling hf idiets slump nice 1-99 def requirements mayhem force rofl" - I mean come now, I'm not saying be expressionless throughout your posts and forum life, but straight e thugging, trolling to the point of annoyance or saying 'idiet' within a sentence three times?

Any individual could just post something like: "Well even if your topic states that we have 90 at the initial charge (when we actually had 70) the fight was going pretty smoothly for our side imo, then hf came zzz. It's annoying ya, and I did hope for a clean 1v1 fight but meh. Good run today lads - Cya next time"

A little sportsmanship can't hurt. Even if it's over a video game - People spend REAL time on this game, and devote REAL time. Hence I hate when people say "lololol so serious over a video game" Grow up.

The whole reason of the OP post is not to dictate these boards, but merely to try to lay down and enforce some rules to get things going in the right direction.

And do take due note that it's fine to "hate" each other I'm not asking you folks to create a deep and meaningful relationship with one another. Merely just to "shake hands"

With that said I take all criticism with stoicism - I do the best within my power to keep the public happy in most scenarios. A title/rank really means nothing to me. I am well aware of the fact that a Mod/Admin/Clan Leader can be a complete ass - I won't hesitate to bring things up like you guys are now.

For the most part I'm on your side guys, remember nobody is saying: Let's all hold hands and cook anchovy pizzas together, but to at least have the decency to be AWARE of that fact that: "Hey a little respect might go a long way"

Respect is mutual - you give some, you receive some. Atm there is hardly going on between any clans - And yes I know people might point out "lol you have no right to say how to run a clan" -

Yea you're right, and all I have to say for that is: If I didn't care would I even bother posting? Hey it might sound nerdy n **** but I do care about the community to an extent, and I will always have a love (no-****) for what's going on and how things are scribed amongst ourselves.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

^^ yeh, I'm fine with soft moderation like that, but it's very easy to slip from removing poorly written responses to removing anything with conflicting ideas.

but very good point with this

A little sportsmanship can't hurt. Even if it's over a video game - People spend REAL time on this game, and devote REAL time. Hence I hate when people say "lololol so serious over a video game" Grow up.

Runscape isn't a game, it's a hobby.

^^ yeh, I'm fine with soft moderation like that, but it's very easy to slip from removing poorly written responses to removing anything with conflicting ideas.

Noez it's an addiction.

Meh I guess you could call it a hobby.

Conflicting IDEAS/statements are more than fine - If you watch presidential debates and whatnot at times of election basically they sit there and bash each other heatedly, but the whole gist of it is to never get personal regardless whether it's on viewpoints or how things are run.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

Noez it's an addiction.

Meh I guess you could call it a hobby.

Conflicting IDEAS/statements are more than fine - If you watch presidential debates and whatnot at times of election basically they sit there and bash each other heatedly, but the whole gist of it is to never get personal regardless whether it's on viewpoints or how things are run.

EXACTLY! But whats dangerous with these forums are when people who have control think like this

1. Should we let more verbal arguments on these forums?

With the type of audience we have, the answer is no. Most of the members are based around their early to mid teens, an age where they feel absolutely right about every single point.

Thats a cancerous mentality. Saying that the audience of this board isnt mature enough to voice a opinion. Thats exactly what I meant when I said "most of the mods are egotistical, self centred and very very arrogant, constantly considering themselves more intelligent than the users of this forum" It's that mentality that leads to thought processes like this "Oh look, MM and EOP are arguing again, what children... Guess I'll have to close both topics again."

Omni is the exact reason I think PW is going to thrive, but obviously, it can't if idiots are going to be idiots.

Like Omni said, grow up, especially on a game. I'm quite sure we are all at least 12+ years in age (no offense to anyone younger) and we are all capable of being big boys if you will.

I'm glad he's cracking down on idiots.

P.S. Omni just went H.A.M on all the idiots

YAY.png
Plnkaroundme | Proud Ex-Corrupt Pures General | Ex-Warring God
I Don't Scape Anymore

Zany, I respect that your the only Pw rank of any kind that actually has his own views, instead of worshipping omnilord like the rest of these robots.

Obvious mm member, zany is very biased towered mm.

It doesn't matter. That's the whole point of this topic. Nobody is ever right or wrong. An opinion is an opinion, not a known fact. Omni is trying to explain that each clan is taking it too far by posting too much propoganda which just turns into flame.

I'm sure you're biased towards TLP, just as I am towards Fatality. It's your clan, you enjoy it, so of course you support it on PW.

skillzy.png

skillzyuga.png

If only I cared about what banned members thought about this site.

no offence but thats a similar attitude purecommunity took :/

Here's the difference. I actually give everyone multiple chances on this site whether you don't see it or not. Alot of people on these forums get away with alot more comments than you think. The fact that most can complain that their posts are deleted are lucky that they're still able to post. If you get yourself banned off this site, it's gotta be a huge issue.

Here's the difference. I actually give everyone multiple chances on this site whether you don't see it or not. Alot of people on these forums get away with alot more comments than you think. The fact that most can complain that their posts are deleted are lucky that they're still able to post. If you get yourself banned off this site, it's gotta be a huge issue.

I've been banned unfairly from these forums before, and I would have staid banned if it wasn't for scribbbs.

I've been banned unfairly from these forums before, and I would have staid banned if it wasn't for scribbbs.

Over a miss-understaning that could have been or was shown to be a huge issue at the time. I also wasn't admin around that time. And yet here you are able to post again because we're reasonable enough. Don't try and bite at me with useless remarks.

Over a miss-understaning that could have been or was shown to be a huge issue at the time. I also wasn't admin around that time. And yet here you are able to post again because we're reasonable enough. Don't try and bite at me with useless remarks.

No, I'm able to post here still because the ban was in-violation of the forum rules.

2. We won't warn/ban/suspend a member for doing anything outside of PW or has no effect on Pw. (Hacking other sites, crashing wars, ect.) Has nothing to do with PW.

6. We won't ban anything or anyone because of anyone elses personal preferences. It must follow the Codex's guidelines to bans.

Honestly, if Scribbbs didnt inform me that the ban was against the rules I'd probably still be banned.

respectable :thumbsup:

Proud civilian of Cake Town

thunderbannerbh1.jpg

No, I'm able to post here still because the ban was in-violation of the forum rules.

2. We won't warn/ban/suspend a member for doing anything outside of PW or has no effect on Pw. (Hacking other sites, crashing wars, ect.) Has nothing to do with PW.

6. We won't ban anything or anyone because of anyone elses personal preferences. It must follow the Codex's guidelines to bans.

Of which it's possible that even I'm the one that noticed that you were banned and took care of it as a retired rank.

Unlike most people, I give you all the answers you need via, one post.

Omni, as hard as this is for you to understand, your actually pretty thick. Well, you must be if you think that deleting posts of people expressing their views is going to increase your "rep". Infact, all of the moderators (excluding mark/jay who I don't know well enough) are all stupid yes, thats anthoni and karl. They feel the need to put others down by making fun of the fact that they are defending what they beleive in. I mean damn, if we're defending our clan on the internet THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH US RIGHT?

How do you not find it ridiculous that people sit here and bicker over a game? You can call it "putting you down", but in reality, it's the truth. You can call Omni ignorant, but think about it, you're the one that sits there ignorantly arguing with another ignorant person over a game. It is RIDICULOUS. That's all I have to say to you.

Little more ridiculous that Karl and you Admins find it such a ***** to moderate this and yet still pay for this site and come on hourly to moderate it.

"RIDICULOUS"

Omni, as hard as this is for you to understand, your actually pretty thick. Well, you must be if you think that deleting posts of people expressing their views is going to increase your "rep". Infact, all of the moderators (excluding mark/jay who I don't know well enough) are all stupid yes, thats anthoni and karl. They feel the need to put others down by making fun of the fact that they are defending what they beleive in. I mean damn, if we're defending our clan on the internet THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH US RIGHT?

How do you not find it ridiculous that people sit here and bicker over a game? You can call it "putting you down", but in reality, it's the truth. You can call Omni ignorant, but think about it, you're the one that sits there ignorantly arguing with another ignorant person over a game. It is RIDICULOUS. That's all I have to say to you.

Little more ridiculous that Karl and you Admins find it such a ***** to moderate this and yet still pay for this site and come on hourly to moderate it.

"RIDICULOUS"

Because we do it for you, the members of this board. We're the gift givers, take it as it is. Don't try to go after Anthoni with pointless banter to stir an argument that isn't even there.