Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Respect?

`Rage

Well I haven't made a discussion topic in a very long time, getting banned on PC and recently getting unbanned didn't help either

Anyway, do you think clans have lost their decency to show props or respect to the clans that they fought?

I mean, back then u would have small clans always trying to fight a larger clan, and that larger clan would always respect that smaller clan and u know, do the standard, actually not flame them for one thing and sometimes they would actually acknowledge them for even giving them a fight

Hell, we even had this last year, whenever we fought outnumbered we'd always get the good old "good fight x clan", and even we'd thank the other clan we fought in pcl last year

So today, it's alot different, it's pretty damn terrible, noticed when E or w/e beat Fi it was just a major shitstorm of flaming and "hurr durr i trol u", probably same with whatever goes on in the daily pure clan world

I'm not gonna only talk about larger vs smaller clan, I mean generally speaking, can we just have the decency anymore to thank a clan for fighting period?

Because honestly, pure clans aren't consistently in shape to even fight compared to other clans, there's not even a great desire to do so, pretty much what im saying is, there aren't that many larger wars other than a standard 10 vs 10 going on compared to last year

Im not gonna sound like a *** either and say everything was sunshines and flowers but atleast clans just didnt go "LOL I TROL XD" all over your ass if they won or lost a war like they do these days and get desperate for auto-wins and ridiculous PW/PC aftermath topics with members going on it saying "lol owned". We've witnessed a fair number of false accusation topics and questioning who won what this summer

So what do you think started the great hesitation in pure clans to war other clans regardless of size? Especially in full out wars? In 20 vs 20s+ etc.? Cause I really sure as hell noticed alot less # of em and it hasn't been that fun. I mean that's why my clan is still alive, were really open for anything really and if u wanna come talk to me and if u can guarantee a non-lol i torl u flame-fest i'd be glad to accept ur war offer

Would you feel better if you got flamed to hell for winning or losing a miniwar, or better if the other clan told u props and thanks for the fight?

So for uh, discussions sake, don't flame, *****, complain, etc

tldr; rs has turned to **** but is it better or worse for your clan's general "respect" for other clans?

Generally Im into the whole respect thing, In DP we do our best to say 'Thanks for the fight' things like that. But there seem to be a couple members from every clan that just start things and then everyone gets involved. Pre-War taunting is all in good fun though

2euh3lt.png

mlmw0h.png

More 12 year olds got into clans

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

I miss not being able to walk to edge and say good fight to the losing clan.

+1

Flamming doesn't bother me, it just makes their clan look bad

Yeah this is comming from me lol

Runescape has evolved, so have people attitude towards the game.

If you ask me, when JaGEx removed the wilderness, people lost all motivation to actually play the game resulting in all respect being lost for other clans and the game itself. Then theres the in-sweep of 12 year olds from the old BH era. Doesn't help very much.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

Generally Im into the whole respect thing, In DP we do our best to say 'Thanks for the fight' things like that. But there seem to be a couple members from every clan that just start things and then everyone gets involved. Pre-War taunting is all in good fun though

Your clan leader says that you live off of flame. And BVB, you go to every clan event and flame the **** out of whoever is there.

110210183405.png

alright, about the BVB thing, it's tradition for BVB to taunt you and you have to live with it, she used to be my enemy before but now were friends you just got to look at things in a different way tbh. Clans can flame the **** out of you all they want but lets say if you don't respond to them once the whole war all you did was call out names and fall in, if the other clan flames most likely they will get bored of it and get back to what there really supposed to do which is warring and probably would increase focus and organization. We as a whole have to change the way the pure world is atm from a flame fest to the old days where it was fun in wild. Even myself i used to flame a lot because i used to get lured into people's traps of flaming me but now i simply ignore them and i think i'm doing better than them.

mkygcz.jpg

The phrase "Respect has to be earned" pretty much sums up my feelings on this, although I do think in this era of pures respect isn't as important (hence, it isn't seen as much) as in past eras.

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

I was actually talking to a mate about this earlier today. Pures back in the day had class. Now it's all about cheating and complaining. If you win, 'x clan' would find a stupid reason for them to win. Then that stupid reason makes your clanmates retaliate. So now you have 2 clans complaining/flaming/trolling about a game which they won/lost. Last year when I lead IO, very seldom we had a flame fest. We had alot of clean fights esp with VD and EP <3.

Also, I've noticed there are alot less flame with the higher leveled clans. Fights with FOE, CP, AAO are usually clean fights and nobody goes 'omgawd U ****** WENT SEEGUL AUtoWiN!' With low level clans that happens alot. And clans usually take the 'levels' boat and want +1s and some ******** like that.

its an online video game lol so i dont care about "respect". Ill flame you, and you can flame me, doesnt bother me much

tl;dr

go cry a river, its not going to do you any good

doesnt bother you much? no offense dude but you've become quite the 1 to respond to trolls/flames, didn't that get u banned off PC?

Anyway, you can't lie to me and say flaming you DOESN'T bother you, it has to bother you in some way, 1 where u just ignore the stupidity because it bothers you or you respond back because it bothers you, really, if clans/people claim they aren't bothered by flaming, it's an almost convincing lie, they will react to it someway whether it's not fighting ur clan ever again or just generally flaming back as a clan

I wrote this just for discussions sake, since the place is lacking of it, not trying to change anything because i've been 1 of the guys who say that changing things are useless

Yea, when you see a clan who has flamers, while the other wont reply, anyone can see which clan has the more mature, aswell as which clan has their fair share of, shall we say, immature retards. Personally, I try to avoid flames, because end of the day, it's them who makes themselves look like complete douchebags with nothing else to do but to try to be fun, in order to compensate their pathetic, bullied IRL lives in an online game.

Omni was here lssssss

So was Karl

I did Karl's mom, LOL. ~Hatton

It's mainly just the med clans tbh.. EOP, E, DV are the main culprits.

LMFAO, I laugehd irl when I read that coming from CY.

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10

This is exactly true. You can't find a flame-free clan anymore. As hard as you try, there will be flame in the end.

The only clan I believe that can give you a good and respectful fight would be VO. They're very kind, they dont flame, and they're very good at mini's. Keep it up guys ^^

I remember back in 07 when clans fought at greater demons, and when the FFA's were released, those were the days..

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."
xkf9J.png