Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Quick Defence Question (oh no not again)

Omni

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define 'pure' if you want an explanation. It seems the term 'pure' is different for everyone nowadays. There is no right or wrong answer to this debate.

However anyone who does not conform to my ideals is committing blasphemy against the great God Imhotep. You're also wrong.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

Theres nothing offensive about addy armour.

It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.

Well.. with that logic, why not just use rune then, seenig as "It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me."

Barrows allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.

My point is proven.Every single level of defence is pure.

2s1ry3n.jpg

Theres nothing offensive about addy armour.

It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.

hahahahahah

99 def = ''It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.''

gotta love retard kids with retard logic ^^

__________ [OT]

35 def isnt very different from 30, clans got it to gain cheap advantages over actual pures and 30 is a natural next step for alot of pkers. people have always gotten from 1/20 to 45 def ( being a smaller cmb dif than 30def+95prayer is now rofl), simply for higher hits and more advantages.

but pure clans didnt accept it coz it was too much of a jump, somehow 30def (which makes no sense), was an ok inbetween?, also its often the active & rich members (often leaders) who went to this next step in clans, soo eventually most pure clans gave up their purity.

its pathetic, and its a pity, but its how it is soo gotta deal with it. if only the turm quest gave like lv 40 def instead of 40.

edit: sorta went off topic there, 35 obviously isnt pure in any way, but kids get it for lulz/cheap advantages/being idiots/doing def quests/coz they can, etc

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

an account can be considered pure as long as it does not benefit from defence, so I'd say 1-4 is pure, anything above isn't.

And the whole argument that 35-38 def lets you access better bonuses is flawed, because then you might aswell argue that 99 def will allow you to tank longer and thus inflict more damage on the opposing clan, or that 70 def is pure becsaue of the barrows bonuses and whatnot.

smartestposter.png

Proud Master of Negative.

Proud Ex-Member of Malice

Proud Member of Enemy

35 def isnt pure, tho we accept it usually because people either mess up their accounts, or get both hc and turm and dont like the 33 def, or watever it is for turm and hc.

Its a ugly number tho, 35 doesnt look right, but its apart of the community now, im not sure exactly how this one sneaked in tho, cause the fight for 30 def was so tough and there wasnt a single fight against 35 really until now.

Give it a year and we will accept 39 def. Maybe shorter lol.

You can get B gloves at 38 def so I wouldn't be surprised if clans started accepting it just for that reason lol.

You can get b gloves at 34 def.

Arp-1.png

personally I dont give a **** and am myself 34 def unquested lOl

why do clans accept it? probably because they dont give a ****.

whats the advantages which you get if you dont accept it?

So by that logic, MM and HF should merge immediately as it will give them an "advantage". 34 defence unquested.... Players like you are the reason the community is getting worse, you just don't care about it.

Why would I care about it ;P?

You arent ready.'
OVpOt.png

It helps your clan tank better which makes them more effective versus a more successful pure clan (and one that probably has less defence). Also, it's not 40 defence so it's obviously pure. Oh but next year, when clans have 40 defence member, the argument will change to "at least they can't wear granite/dragon etc."

This is the same discussion that should/ didn't occur when clans started getting 30 defence, and now we're seeing things continue to spiral. From a real pure clan's perspective, I find it hilarious. Just get the added 5 defence levels already lmfao. Rune is much better than your green protective plates. And in the end, I'll still be fighting you on the weekends regardless.

It helps your clan tank better which makes them more effective versus a more successful pure clan (and one that probably has less defence). Also, it's not 40 defence so it's obviously pure. Oh but next year, when clans have 40 defence member, the argument will change to "at least they can't wear granite/dragon etc."

This is the same discussion that should/ didn't occur when clans started getting 30 defence, and now we're seeing things continue to spiral. From a real pure clan's perspective, I find it hilarious. Just get the added 5 defence levels already lmfao. Rune is much better than your green protective plates. And in the end, I'll still be fighting you on the weekends regardless.

I liked that subtle MM is the only pure clan, rest of pure clans are main clans you slid in there.

1324342569-IaAr.png

1324342569-QkYL.png

1324345218-PhRy.png

1324590774-hwy4.png

1 def is pure :)

2-20 is for **** ups or rune gloves and mystic/initate

25-35 is a joke and should not even be considered as "pure"

IRC Nick - [Derrick] Or [sI13]

Msg me On IRC if you need Help

tumblr_m1ntf75gDk1r91c75.gif

silent-1.png

Who cares it's so common now it's accepted as 'pure' in most peoples minds. When runescape was boring as **** and dead out came curses and people got it for a change up due to the boring **** game and now people who have it have it because they enjoying using it. I'm sure if you could get it at one defence everyone would want to get curses. People who have it at 30-35 defence have it because it's different and gives you more things to do on the game.

However if you got 30defence just for the adamant and don't have curses you suck.

i got 30 def turmoil because i got bored of pking with 1 defence, completely boring now. However ppl get 35 def to help their clan nowadays, some being 110 f2p cb which is so stupid. i guess people do it coz they know they wont get booted

kdu88p.png

WWW.FOE-RS.NET

LEGENDS OF P2P

Who cares it's so common now it's accepted as 'pure' in most peoples minds. When runescape was boring as **** and dead out came curses and people got it for a change up due to the boring **** game and now people who have it have it because they enjoying using it. I'm sure if you could get it at one defence everyone would want to get curses. People who have it at 30-35 defence have it because it's different and gives you more things to do on the game.

However if you got 30defence just for the adamant and don't have curses you suck.

"Who cares" seems to be the common answer, which really isn't an answer at all. Who cares? Your clans care to have, just don't to explain why they have it, if they're pure clans, then how is it pure? I'm not trying to take sides or any of that, I am curious as to why people think it's okay to have addy berserker shields(as an example) in a pure clan.

To the people arguing off-topic: This topic isn't about arguing about turmoil, the topic is about 35 defence+, and why it is considered pure.

A quick lesson in simple debating and reasoning.

A factual opinion to what pure clanning was and is would be that a "pure" is a pking based account in solo. Now that would mean that "pure" clans are pking based clans in multi and solo. So if you give me the excuse that "I have 30-35 defence unquested for my "pure" clan", aka just warring alone. So if you're looking for defensive advantages just to win your war for your clan, then how does that make your clan any different from a main clan? We can blame clan-wars and the destruction of the wilderness for that type of attitude, but with it back... what's the point of being a "pure" clan if you don't even act like one?

Something to think about.

It's just like when 20 defence turned to be pure, weren't originally pures only 1 defence?

People then accepted higher and higher defences because of screw ups, almost everyone would screw up their defence a little.

Then people notice the advantages of having for example 20 defence, people might have screwed up their account with a quest, but were still accepted as pures because of that screw up, and then they start using mystic and other pures would want these benefits too, so they intentionally get that defence level.

If they screw up they'll still get accepted as pures, so it started pushing up slowly..

Even before turmoil there were pure Clans accepting addy..

It's the same situation now, people quest wrong and get higher defence, so they might aswell "round" it to 35, also 30 is already close enough to 40 defence, so they think who would give a ****, as long as it's not rune.

Clans will end up having Membes with 39 defence, no one will do anything against it.

Atleast once we reached level 39 defence as accepted in the "Pure World" it can't get any higher as there's an own category for those with 40+ defence.

There weren't ever Clans for those with 30-39 defence anyways, they have to be categorized somewhere I guess, I don't think Zerker Clans accept those.

New Pure Order - Taking The World By Storm
awards2.png
2i59bo.jpg

Survival of the fittest, clans adapt to survive.

This is a true statement ^

It's a totally different game now, and 1-10def pures are completely obsolete unless you like pray hybriding. :rolleyes:

Most people who stay 1-10def in the year 2011 do it because of prides issues, they love to skill, or keep it just to stay in the clan they are in. Pures were made to have a advantage over the mains when pking. Going into the year 2012 if you are a 1-10def pure just using your account to skill & clan like 13th R4nger then you are doing it "WRONG" .

2012:

30 Def (Turmoil) = New 1 Def

32 Def (Turmoil) = New 5 Def

33 Def (Turmoil + Hand Cannon) = New 10def

33+ Def (Turmoil) = New 20 Def Failed Pure

Quick Note: For any clans who currently only accept 25- def you will never be a top clan in the year 2012, unless you start adapting to the new game of runescape (Sorry MM). I was one of the first turmoil pures in this game, and I have tried going back to actually being "Pure" maybe 4 times now. Being a 1-10def pure is completely obsolete account, and anyone who disagrees does not play this game to have fun.

101 sins actually got something right.

well said agree

ddcj3.png
2hp6nbs.gif

Corrupt Pures CrownLeader.gif[supreme Elder]
Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com

it just seems that most of you care about the "pure" term in a game that is dying. I personally don't care and I don't think most of the community here even cares. I mean cmon there isn't even over 70-80k people playing the game at any given time, the size of a very large town.

For now the advantages outweigh any disadvantages the armor might have, I mean cmon just look at it

pros:

better tanking, less dying

higher cbt levels

cons:

weighs you down

bad reputation

I mean cmon are most clans going to care what others think of them? I know for a fact that CP does not. Also returning in less heavy gear such as addy chains and med helms cancels out that argument as well.

It just leaves us with the pros and the advantages that the community has slowly progressed into the past 1-2 years. I mean this is a game so whatever advantage you see you take it, addy isn't illegal anyone can use it so people decide to use it.

Therefore, stop being stuck up nerds that care about what a pure is in probably the most ****** online game and probably community that exists. Most of us don't care.

Flame if you want, you're gona be arguing about the most insignificant thing in the world.

ddcj3.png
2hp6nbs.gif

I wanted to reply to adam's post but hes been contaminated with cancer and I dont want to get infected. Its disgusting to see people actually think like that.

As for the topic its pretty simple

1-20 def is pure. That's it.

30 def is the excuse clans make to keep them from closing. If you want to make a turmoil account go join HF or some ****** 60 def main clan or something a lot more fun. You guys act like pking is addy armor is something to proud of jesus l0l.

30 def is the excuse clans make to keep them from closing.

I wanted to reply to adam's post but hes been contaminated with cancer and I dont want to get infected. I really hope that hes the only one in the community who actually thinks like that. Its disgusting.

1-20 def is pure. That's it. 30 def is the excuse clans make to keep them from closing.

ok so your saying foe, eop, tlp, cp all allowed 30 def to keep them from closing? you're delusional

ddcj3.png
2hp6nbs.gif

in my opinion its not pure. getting defense on purpose is not pure. whether its 5 def or 30 def.

In my opinion, some clans do it out of desperation.

now a day, some clan leaders encourage getting defense and it is seen as something good. Clans do it to be able to compete with other elite clans

in the long run, it hurts them because you end up accepting accounts with 46 attack, 74 str and 34 def with 76 hitpoints (and believe me in not exaggerating)

I wanted to reply to adam's post but hes been contaminated with cancer and I dont want to get infected. I really hope that hes the only one in the community who actually thinks like that. Its disgusting.

1-20 def is pure. That's it. 30 def is the excuse clans make to keep them from closing.

ok so your saying foe, eop, tlp, cp all allowed 30 def to keep them from closing? you're delusional

i know that foe started accepting turmoil when they were slumping hard and were pulling 45s to f2p trips while eop/mm was pulling 90s

edit: 30 def is the excuse clans make to allow them to continue competing during their slumps.

i know that foe started accepting turmoil when they were slumping hard and were pulling 45s to f2p trips while eop/mm was pulling 90s

Not even close :confused:

PROUD EX-HIGH COUNCIL OF FINAL OWNAGE ELITE - THE BEST PURE CLAN EVER
2xFxU.gif
THE BEST
best%20in%20miniwars%20-%20x0%20(im%20pore).png

Got a pure?
Join the best pure clan of runescape ~ Final Ownage Elite
www.foe-rs.com