Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Quick Defence Question (oh no not again)

Omni

Pure-warfare should do something to ban clans that accept that def requirement.

Or just change the site to www.somewhatpure.com

That website suggestion is ******* amazing lol.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The responses here are just pathetic, I swear, most of you people have no idea what you're talking about and have no understand as to how a functional and respectable community is supposed to function.

I can't believe some of you guys are so ignorant to even say 2 def isn't pure... Realize that 10 def was ALWAYS considered pure. Such a negligible combat difference from the ideal of 1 def didn't really matter and so it was still considered pure. There was an understanding that the principle was always to keep 1 def, but 10 def was also acceptable because of the mechanics back in the day. Most of you don't realize, but it was extremely easy to get def in early RS. You were locked into controlled upon log in and couldn't swap combat styles until you engaged in combat. Say you got disconnected while training on aggressive monsters (ie. anywhere in the wild) you were pretty much screwed because the second you logged on you were hit first in a 3 round combat system which meant as you retaliated you had no time to switch from controlled to an appropriate attack style. This was understood and ~10 def was given to act as a buffer for pures. Anyone who says "if we can't call 35 def pure, you can't call 2 def pure" is wrong. And to one of the above posts saying 31/43 pray was frowned upon, it wasn't if you had a certain strength level. I think it was 81, I can't remember, but there was a level where it made your account more powerful.

I'm not going to go into the history of a pure, because so few people are here that even remember/played during the time it was established it isn't worth mentioning. 30 def is acceptable today because there is no person or group of people who want to take the time to speak with each other and establish what it means to be a pure. Most people here go by the faulty definition of a pure being an account that is the best offensive account with the lowest possible def, but they're wrong. That fit into the original definition of a pure and was the driving reason for being a pure, but what made the pure what it was is the complete neglect of def in favour of combat stats. Times have changed and the old build is no longer optimal, but this does not change what a pure is, is just made pures less effective in comparison to other builds.

If we want to get back on track to what a pure really is, we need to define ourselves once again and build this community from the ground up if it comes to that. What seperates the RS community from more respectable gaming communities (something almost no one here has experience with) is not only the maturity, but that the "leaders" of our community can't even get together, take a step back from all the drama and sort out these huge issues we're having.

As leaders of a community board like this, why do you support clans that have 30 def when you don't even agree with it yourself? How long until the majority of this community starts to accept rune? In supporting clans that have 30 def you're not doing any good for this community. What can't be salvaged in this community needs to be dropped and we all have to move on. The entire pure community suffered a serious blow many years back and we rebounded, it can be done again. You people see this community for what it is now and seek to change it when most of the elements here will never change. Myself and others see the community for what it could be, know what needs to be done to restore it but can't do it ourselves. Step up and do what's right for the community.

30nj3p2.gif

^13th'd^