Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Quick Defence Question (oh no not again)

Omni

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just seems that most of you care about the "pure" term in a game that is dying. I personally don't care and I don't think most of the community here even cares. I mean cmon there isn't even over 70-80k people playing the game at any given time, the size of a very large town.

For now the advantages outweigh any disadvantages the armor might have, I mean cmon just look at it

pros:

better tanking, less dying

higher cbt levels

I know you guys don't care, but the pros you listed are completely defensive lol. The fact that you guys are getting defense just for the defensive bonuses is ridiculous.

Arp-1.png

I wanted to reply to adam's post but hes been contaminated with cancer and I dont want to get infected. I really hope that hes the only one in the community who actually thinks like that. Its disgusting.

As for the topic its pretty simple

1-20 def is pure. That's it. 30 def is the excuse clans make to keep them from closing.

ok so your saying foe, eop, tlp, cp all allowed 30 def to keep them from closing? you're delusional

I'm not trying to flame or flame bait or anything because this topics actually pretty good, but putting EOP/FOE in the same "group" as CP isn't correct.

EOP and FOE have proven that they can be consistently top clans without addy, FOE wear robes on trips and have shown that when they can be bothered they can smash #1 any time of the year. EOP have stopped wearing addy and even though they still got quite alot of mith, have proved that they can be consistently #1 without the use of 30 def armours and without actually relying on their defence to see them through the day.

Now, if CP, IR, Zenith, Venom et cetera stopped wearing addy there would be a dramatic decrease in clan strength in the wildy, which simply hasn't happened to EOP/FOE.

I don't think its a coincidence that the top 3 clans are all clans that don't use addy on PK trips (FOE/MM/EOP), the leaders are obviously good at what they do or their clans wouldn't be the 3 best in the community and they have realised addy isn't all its cracked up to be.

Personally I don't care if the clans my clan compete with wear addy/mith etc, we still have fun and even though we're all in robes/dhide we've proven we can step up and negate the addy/levels with a combination of organisation and numbers, which makes things very fun. Outside of all the trolling etc that my clan partakes in in terms of clans who have different defence requirements, I truly like that not all clans are the same and some accept mith, some accept addy, and believe that the respective leaders can run their clan however they wish

Sorry to Omni for hijacking the topic and sorry to anyone reading, the argument i presented above isn't very articulate and probably makes little sense but IM TOO TIRED AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY. Any clans mentioned, don't take it personally pls It really isn't intended that way in this particular instance

Now, to stay on topic

Above I explained clans can run themselves however they like but for the sake of discussion, I think 35 defence in particular is stupid, but clans will do whatever they can to get the edge on their opponents and quite rightly too. The general consensus is that Mith is "OK" when calling someone a pure, despite the obvious hardliners who don't call anything above 5/10 defence pure. However, with the influx of addy and the changing of the times I think calling this community a "Pure" community isn't correct, the pure clans that exist today are pretty limited (NME with the 10 def cap, MM, TH only accept 20 def I believe) and the other clans that accept addy and wear addy i wouldn't call pure clans, more like turmoil clans obviously inspired by the pure clans in the past.

TLDR; 35 defence isn't accepted by "pure clans" and they arn't "pures", its simply evolution of a community thats been around for 7 years

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

I wanted to reply to adam's post but hes been contaminated with cancer and I dont want to get infected. I really hope that hes the only one in the community who actually thinks like that. Its disgusting.

1-20 def is pure. That's it. 30 def is the excuse clans make to keep them from closing.

ok so your saying foe, eop, tlp, cp all allowed 30 def to keep them from closing? you're delusional

I'm not trying to flame or flame bait or anything because this topics actually pretty good, but putting EOP/FOE in the same "group" as CP isn't correct.

EOP and FOE have proven that they can be consistently top clans without addy, FOE wear robes on trips and have shown that when they can be bothered they can smash #1 any time of the year. EOP have stopped wearing addy and even though they still got quite alot of mith, have proved that they can be consistently #1 without the use of 30 def armours and without actually relying on their defence to see them through the day.

Now, if CP, IR, Zenith, Venom et cetera stopped wearing addy there would be a dramatic decrease in clan strength in the wildy, which simply hasn't happened to EOP/FOE.

I don't think its a coincidence that the top 3 clans are all clans that don't use addy on PK trips (FOE/MM/EOP), the leaders are obviously good at what they do or their clans wouldn't be the 3 best in the community and they have realised addy isn't all its cracked up to be.

Personally I don't care if the clans my clan compete with wear addy/mith etc, we still have fun and even though we're all in robes/dhide we've proven we can step up and negate the addy/levels with a combination of organisation and numbers, which makes things very fun. Outside of all the trolling etc that my clan partakes in in terms of clans who have different defence requirements, I truly like that not all clans are the same and some accept mith, some accept addy, and believe that the respective leaders can run their clan however they wish

Sorry to Omni for hijacking the topic and sorry to anyone reading, the argument i presented above isn't very articulate and probably makes little sense but IM TOO TIRED AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY. Any clans mentioned, don't take it personally pls It really isn't intended that way in this particular instance

Now, to stay on topic

Above I explained clans can run themselves however they like but for the sake of discussion, I think 35 defence in particular is stupid, but clans will do whatever they can to get the edge on their opponents and quite rightly too. The general consensus is that Mith is "OK" when calling someone a pure, despite the obvious hardliners who don't call anything above 5/10 defence pure. However, with the influx of addy and the changing of the times I think calling this community a "Pure" community isn't correct, the pure clans that exist today are pretty limited (NME with the 10 def cap, MM, TH only accept 20 def I believe) and the other clans that accept addy and wear addy i wouldn't call pure clans, more like turmoil clans obviously inspired by the pure clans in the past.

TLDR; 35 defence isn't accepted by "pure clans" and they arn't "pures", its simply evolution of a community thats been around for 7 years

u forgot to mention that those clans do good only because of numbers, addy is just an added bonus that they chose not to use.

Its as if your putting those clans in a bubble and forget the fact that CP and any other clan fights them if the numbers are reasonable.

ddcj3.png
2hp6nbs.gif

Corrupt Pures CrownLeader.gif[supreme Elder]
Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com

Now, to stay on topic

happy birthday!!!!!!!

Arp-1.png

I would just like to mention that you have to blame Pure B K and TotalyNectar and the majority of Tlp. Those fuckers!!!

I go based off of single pking. Ask yourself how successful are you in single with a level 110 with 30 defense? I would assume that the success rate meaning making the other guy run/tele or killing him is low. And the only way you are trying to win a fight is with a rambo hit.

I also use this format when regarding level 60s and/or 70s with 20 defense. Ask yourself the same questions regarding these builds and you basically have what I believe is Pure or not.

Happy, Happy birthday to IVP. Shout out to my boy `Pure and Derrick for being them dudes. Vote Big Alex 67 for the election of next Mod.

Attack Big Alex 67(Level-85+10)/ 2 more options

ba67.png

bigalex672.png

Having 35 defence is just an excuse for clans that suck to stay alive. Really, being a pure means you don't train your defence, if you get it by accident, oh well, nobody is going to kill you, but you don't "accidently" get 35 defence levels, you get like 2 or 3, and how often do you click the defense button?

If being a 1 def pure doesn't get you anywhere, then why have NME in the past like 6 months rose to one of the top f2p clans? and moving on in p2p?

Clans shouldn't have to rely on their defense to win the war, they should rely on what really matters, organization and skill. Having addy armour so you can sit there and not get hit isn't skill, its just stupid.

no top clans are running around in full addy, some of their members do, but lots of clans are taking that away, because it not only isn't pure, but it looks stupid to call yourself a pure if you can wear a full adamant set. I understand becoming turmoil pures, thats fine, but there are far to many people who have 32-35 defence and have like 52 prayer, if your going to get turmoil, why the hell don't you wait untill you can afford it instead of screwing your account up, because really if you go pking with 30 defence and no turm you just make yourself easier to kill by people with higher/better stats, or zerkers.

Clanning is about working together and winning, not sitting there blocking damage and hoping your clan recieves less random hits from jagex and doesn't run out of food.

I don't like turmoil, but i still don't mind it, because it isn't hard to kill it. But if you deleberately go and train past that because you want better defense bonus because you can't tank, thats silly.

35 defence is a way for clans that want to hold onto their position, to hold it, but in a non-pure way.

People used to become iniatiate pures because they messed up their 1 def pures so bad. But now people train defence to gain quick combats to try and intimidate, but it really shows.

16k146o.jpg

General Of Enemy

Now, to stay on topic

Above I explained clans can run themselves however they like but for the sake of discussion, I think 35 defence in particular is stupid, but clans will do whatever they can to get the edge on th tyeir opponents and quite rightly too. The general consensus is that Mith is "OK" when calling someone a pure, despite the obvious hardliners who don't call anything above 5/10 defence pure. However, with the influx of addy and the changing of the times I think calling this community a "Pure" community isn't correct, the pure clans that exist today are pretty limited (NME with the 10 def cap, MM, TH only accept 20 def I believe) and the other clans that accept addy and wear addy i wouldn't call pure clans, more like turmoil clans obviously inspired by the pure clans in the past.

Everything you type brings the only sense to this website; PS, happy birthday :thumbsup:

Now, to stay on topic

Sorry had to jump on the bandwagon and say: Happy birthday you stinky English literature major.

I'm still older than you bwahah.

Oh and to add onto the actual topic:

I'm seeing a lot of really disappinting posts obviously. But the most glaringly annoying one in particular is the "OH I DON'T CARE LLOLOL" on.

If you don't care don't play the game? Lol.

It's like the same exact **** as when people suck or completely fail. And this is about to apply to every single aspect in life: If you don't care, why are you upset over it? Why do people deny the fact that you DO INDEED CARE, and that you WISHED YOU WERE BETTER?

Here's an example on RS: A kid sucks because he gets dropped in a p2p mini 5v5, not because he got d scimmed and hit by 4 ch mauls. But he dropped to low range hits, and ice barrage. He had no pho neck on and didn't rocktail brew combo. The clan leader, or whoever leads the mini yells at the kid, tells him to pick his **** up, etc. The fellow who sucked proceeds to ******** about not caring, and then ends up rage quitting and coming back with 30+ trained defense.

Believe it or not I've seen this happen. It's pathetic and the lowest of the low kind of mindset than any individual can ever have - but it's prominent here and it's prominent in the real world.

People take advantage, adapt, and change. Hence the 30 def. And don't even get me worked up about how stupid adamant is in f2p. It's a COMPLETE advantage in f2p particularly because you don't have barrage and godswords or mauls whopping on you with rune rune chain (full adamant). Any player with common sense and half decent "warring skills" (lol as if RS was actually a hard game to play), would never EVER EVER EVER DIE, on a trip. You can drag and tank literally 20 mains from hills to level 1 with full addy on, it's that much of a joke.

Sure enough I see clans that stand up to addy, and hold their ground, I truly applaud them for it (MM, Nme) however at the end of the day, what is there to stop people going 40 def? In fact I've already been hearing some rumors about people in certain "pure clans" having 40+ def.

It's up to us to keep the community stabilized, traditional, and above all fun. But it really doesn't look to be goin' so well.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

There's no debate for why 35 defense is pure because it isn't.

It's allowed, but it's not pure.

Why? I don't know.

We personally do not allow adamant, however, myself I am 33 defense. I've honestly done it by accident (27-30, didn't do much, then 30-33 g2h'd) but in no way am I a pure. Nowadays I can't be ****** to make a new account so it's whatever. I can't complain because I'm somewhat part of the cause.

hilightsig.png

Proud Leader of Hostility

I think something's going to happen about it when the new armour damage soaking updates take place on more armours, it'll either raise higher or go lower as it will be ridiculous; hopefully a clan will do something about it, but I doubt it.

Final Ownage Elite

Home of the Greatest. Legends of P2P

www.Foe-Rs.net

5peydw.gif

1zcictw.png

Azrael Warned on Feb 6 2012, 03:01 AM View Topic

Added to warn level: Did I just see a ***** made of adamant? I think so.

ban everyone off this forums with 35 def and start rebuilding the community

LOL

64tfkLf.gif

C6US7zP.gif

Proud Ex-General of Intense Redemption

Proud Ex-Memberof Frenzy

Proud Ex-Proud Memberof The Last Pures

Proud Ex-Experienced Memberof Hazard

Proud Ex-Oldschool of Hazard

Proud Proud Member of Fatality

#Hentai #piper

i know that foe started accepting turmoil when they were slumping hard and were pulling 45s to f2p trips while eop/mm was pulling 90s

Not even close, retard. Stop believing everything your leaders and Richard tell you.

OT: 35 def provides no offensive bonus. See no purpose in getting it, even if it is widely accepted in today pure clans. I really don't consider that pure, nor 30 def. (I am 30 def myself)

Quit RS August '12

Ex-High Council of Final Ownage Elite

Proud to have been apart of the Ownage

Since every clan is so desperate to set up their ******** PK trip topics, why doesn't Pure Warfare try to step it up and create rules for pure clan fights like 1/10/20 def GEAR (not accs) for PK trips. Sure natural def makes a small difference but at least its a step in the right direction, not the wrong.

Worst thing that can happen is the 30 def clans make their own community and voila, split the mains from the pures.

45w2jk.gif

i know that foe started accepting turmoil when they were slumping hard and were pulling 45s to f2p trips while eop/mm was pulling 90s

lol typical brainwashed idiot that will believe anything his leaders/Richard say. Most of you mm claim last pure clan yet you accept 22-24+def. If anything nme is & big props to them for keeping 1-10 def.

This shouldn't even be discussed though because I hardly even consider myself pure but more of a pking build with 102 cb f2p, and let's face it having 35 def 110 cb f2p is nowhere near a pking build or pure. Seeing all the unquested full addy with berserker shields on Saturday make me cringe so hard.. like really?

It is like follow the leader when one clan accepts everyone does. The best way to fix it is if new clans or clans that doesn't have a lot of 30/35 def members move their def reqs back to 20 and new clans start off like NME at 1-10 def. I mean it would going to take leadership to change it and have a backbone to stay to it and not just follow clans. It is new leadership that made clans 1-35 def and people not caring about the pure world.

xdf1vq.png

Since every clan is so desperate to set up their ******** PK trip topics, why doesn't Pure Warfare try to step it up and create rules for pure clan fights like 1/10/20 def GEAR (not accs) for PK trips. Sure natural def makes a small difference but at least its a step in the right direction, not the wrong.

Worst thing that can happen is the 30 def clans make their own community and voila, split the mains from the pures.

Good idea.. foe/eop already banned addy from f2p so others should too. Most likely tlp/mpc scene won't go through with it though <_< No flame intended.

You can't tell clans what they can/cannot do on their own pk trips. Clans will wear whatever armour they choose let it be robes/black/mith/addy and if it's so ******* important that people wear addy then don't play the game. Mind your own businuess about this **** and we won't have people bitching constantly about this. Any clan that accepts 20 def isn't pure.

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see you're tearing us apart!?!?