Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

RE:Weekend Topics ~ HOW TO STOP THE FLAME

-Austin-

This is my response to Logan's topic on reducing the amount of flame on Pure Warfare event aftermath topics.

I also have a solution for flame on aftermath topics; However, mine is a bit different. My Solution involves taking the initiative as a clan leader to try and stop this. Make it a RULE that you ENFORCE not to flame on PK Trip aftermath topics. Monitor what your members say on the topics, and if you catch members flaming/baiting, then proceed to give them a strike. After 3 strikes, you would punish the member in some way. This could be anything from asking a PW Admin to suspend there account, to a suspension from clan events. It would depend on the seriousness of what they've posted. If one, or two clan leaders decide to take it upon themselves to fix this problem, then many others would follow. This is similar to the new LPCs. If you start a movement, others will follow. I promise that if you decide to do this, you will be respected.

Members aren't the only problem. Many clan leaders/ranks also like to flame and attempt to claim wins on aftermath topics. I'm not pointing any clan out in particular. I understand many clan leaders will do it. I've done it myself. You must try, to the best of your ability to keep the topics as true as possible, with little to no flame/baiting in them. That goes for the replies as well. Doing this will not only keep your topics flame free, but also increase the amount of respect that people have for your clan. Hopefully clan leaders decide to do this. Don't wait for someone else to be the first. Take the initiative and change things.

Sorry for the boring slab of text.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

If a member flames a lot then the admin/mod is supposed to ban them and shouldn't have to be asked by a clan leader to do so.

Same argument on curing defence/addy issue, "if two leaders take it on themselves to fix the problem others will follow" doesn't work like that.

P.s. There's a handy button next to that new topic button you pressed all addREPLY doesn't need a whole new topic, but ty for post count

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

The fact is clan leaders themselves flame as you well said, so I doubt clans would enforce this, nor should they need too.

It is up to the moderation to handle the flame, that is their job. If a member is flaming he should be warned/banned as seen fit. I myself feel that the moderation is too lenient when it comes down to issuing warns, but hey, not my decision :)

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

If a member flames a lot then the admin/mod is supposed to ban them and shouldn't have to be asked by a clan leader to do so.

Same argument on curing defence/addy issue, "if two leaders take it on themselves to fix the problem others will follow" doesn't work like that.

P.s. There's a handy button next to that new topic button you pressed all addREPLY doesn't need a whole new topic, but ty for post count

I disagree. It's very hard to keep track of every member's posts with the enormous amount of members that currently use Pure Warfare. Clan leaders could help fix the problem, but they choose not to.

I see plenty of clan that don't accept adamant. If you don't think that there's a point in trying to stop it, then why are a rank in a clan accepting only 1-10 defence?

I felt that this was worthy of another topic, as it's a solution that i believe would work WELL. I feel that it needed to become viewed.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

The fact is clan leaders themselves flame as you well said, so I doubt clans would enforce this, nor should they need too.

It is up to the moderation to handle the flame, that is their job. If a member is flaming he should be warned/banned as seen fit. I myself feel that the moderation is too lenient when it comes down to issuing warns, but hey, not my decision :)

The Moderation has alot to deal with. Why should they not receive any help from clan leaders?

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

The Moderation has alot to deal with. Why should they not receive any help from clan leaders?

Because at this point you start wandering into the realms of "free speech". The majority of clan leaders flame/troll on these boards anyways, it would be pretty hypocritical for them to start preaching about not flaming.

Yes the moderation has a lot to deal with, which is why I feel stricter moderation should occur, resulting in more warns/bans.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

Because at this point you start wandering into the realms of "free speech". The majority of clan leaders flame/troll on these boards anyways, it would be pretty hypocritical for them to start preaching about not flaming.

That's exactly it! The MAJORITY. If a few clan leaders stop the flame and the lies, then think about how much more their clan would become respected! This would force other clans to refrain from that type of behavior in order to gain similar respect as a clan.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

Not gonna happen.

Teach your members a lesson so I don't have to and so your clans don't look like they're full of retards.

Oh wait that wouldn't make any sense???

Not everyone who uses this site is in a clan.

How is that even relevent to this topic that's about clan topics? If they arn't or are in a clan they'll be treated the same. Give your members a crack of the whip so I only deal with 20% of the morons on weekend topics, because the other 80% are in clans.

Like I said, it's all on you leaders to crack down on your staff or members, it's how the old community was and how it should be, but you seem to be blaming the topics/site when it's basically all of your moronic members that are making your topics tash-worthy.

You're asking the people who flame the most to tell their members to stop flaming. Won't work. Most of the topics have baits in them which is why they are flamed in the first place. Eop/Tlp both have cute little messages at the ends of their topics baiting each other.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

You're asking the people who flame the most to tell their members to stop flaming. Won't work. Most of the topics have baits in them which is why they are flamed in the first place. Eop/Tlp both have cute little messages at the ends of their topics baiting each other.

There is hope if one or two clans step up.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

most of the clan leaders won't take charge because they want controversy. it breeds publicity, which is what makes a clan successful.

Are we talking about the same controversy, because the controversy i'm speaking of is the same one that causes spys/leaks and crashing. If that's success...

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

most of the clan leaders won't take charge because they want controversy. it breeds publicity, which is what makes a clan successful.

Are we talking about the same controversy, because the controversy i'm speaking of is the same one that causes spys/leaks and crashing. If that's success...

Flame creates hype, which leads to rivalry, this then creates a basis for leaders to strive upon, it gives the members a goal to achieve I.e to beat the other clan week in week out.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

Flame creates hype, which leads to rivalry, this then creates a basis for leaders to strive upon, it gives the members a goal to achieve I.e to beat the other clan week in week out.

You can have a healthy rivalry without flame.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

You can have a healthy rivalry without flame.

This isn't a Utopia, we are Human and it is within certain individuals nature to act inappropriately. This happens in the real world just as it does on PW. We have strayed off topic.

You're asking the clan leaders to enforce rules, the clan leaders flame themselves, you say for the ones who don't flame to tell enforce this. A clan won't listen to a leader while the rest of its leadership carries on baiting. The best thing that can be done is for the moderation to deal with it, hopefully by being more strict with discipline. I won't reply, night time, toodles.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

This topic makes sense, but no matter what happens clans are going to be rivaled with other clans. It's like have a gang and no gangs are rivals. If their are wars, there are always going to be rivalries, and arguments, which in our case are flames/baits/trolls. I understand the position you are trying to take but I doubt it will happen seeing as most of the clan leaders, are in their younger 20's or even teens. This game is too serious for no rivalries.

bSHM3.png

spys/leaks/crashing has always been around, that didnt come from the state of the community today.

and yes we are talking about the same controversy, the controversy that breeds publicity and causes hype between clans. the same controversy that keeps this community running. it's also because of the same controversy that most of us can play this god forsaken game for more than 2 hours out of the week without dying of boredom

fgRMY.png

IG3o1.png

spys/leaks/crashing has always been around, that didnt come from the state of the community today.

and yes we are talking about the same controversy, the controversy that breeds publicity and causes hype between clans. the same controversy that keeps this community running. it's also because of the same controversy that most of us can play this god forsaken game for more than 2 hours out of the week without dying of boredom

This is the only way Some clans can compete.

bSHM3.png

Controversy does help clans. When that controversy becomes nothing but bitter hate and constant flaming, it's gone too far and needs to be controlled.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

Controversy does help clans. When that controversy becomes nothing but bitter hate and constant flaming, it's gone too far and needs to be controlled.

there is no end to controversy once it begins.

bSHM3.png

Not gonna happen.

Teach your members a lesson so I don't have to and so your clans don't look like they're full of retards.

How is that even relevent to this topic that's about clan topics? If they arn't or are in a clan they'll be treated the same. Give your members a crack of the whip so I only deal with 20% of the morons on weekend topics, because the other 80% are in clans.

Like I said, it's all on you leaders to crack down on your staff or members, it's how the old community was and how it should be, but you seem to be blaming the topics/site when it's basically all of your moronic members that are making your topics tash-worthy.

32zq2aw.png

Voted BEST PURE CLAN 2 YEARS STRAIGHT - RSC

I dont get what your trying to say, there's no such thing as a "nice controversy" or a "nice rivalry". Clans are gonna hate other clans, some for reasons that go back a number of years and some for no reasons at all. It's how this community has always been.

Not gonna happen.

But the fact is. This is the internet, and leaders aren't wasting there time babysitting there members. They have a lot of other stuff to do running there clan. I understand moderating these forums are tough, but its honestly up to the people on this site, to grow up and say goodfight and move on. But once again this is the internet, It won't happen.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

Not gonna happen.

But the fact is. This is the internet, and leaders aren't wasting there time babysitting there members. They have a lot of other stuff to do running there clan. I understand moderating these forums are tough, but its honestly up to the people on this site, to grow up and say goodfight and move on. But once again this is the internet, It won't happen.

Saying "this is the internet" has got to be the weakest excuse this community has used, or also there's "who cares". Lol everyone cares enough to take time out of there day to come on PureWarfare, and playing Runescape with their clan. With the attitude "who cares, it's the internet, and it's scape", just contradicts everything and makes almost everyone on this forum a hypocrite because everyone use to show respect and actually liked having their clan viewed as the most respected clan... when it wasn't the internet. :dotfire:

Years ago on PC, everyone acted mature, clans respected the "respect and set example rules" and the retards got shunned for acting and posting stupid crap, which made flamers really easy to point out and ban. Now, everyone claims the community was much better and more enjoyable. Guess now everyone just found out it was the internet and would choose the community to be retarded and allow stupid comments, immaturity and allow clans to look horrible, so they can have an un-enjoyable community.

This makes a lot of sense???

tehe