Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Where will clans go from here?

Karl

Okay I'm going to pull a quote from myself from a different topic discussing this issue. Most of what is said below applies here.

The responses here are just pathetic, I swear, most of you people have no idea what you're talking about and have no understand as to how a functional and respectable community is supposed to function.

I can't believe some of you guys are so ignorant to even say 2 def isn't pure... Realize that 10 def was ALWAYS considered pure. Such a negligible combat difference from the ideal of 1 def didn't really matter and so it was still considered pure. There was an understanding that the principle was always to keep 1 def, but 10 def was also acceptable because of the mechanics back in the day. Most of you don't realize, but it was extremely easy to get def in early RS. You were locked into controlled upon log in and couldn't swap combat styles until you engaged in combat. Say you got disconnected while training on aggressive monsters (ie. anywhere in the wild) you were pretty much screwed because the second you logged on you were hit first in a 3 round combat system which meant as you retaliated you had no time to switch from controlled to an appropriate attack style. This was understood and ~10 def was given to act as a buffer for pures. Anyone who says "if we can't call 35 def pure, you can't call 2 def pure" is wrong. And to one of the above posts saying 31/43 pray was frowned upon, it wasn't if you had a certain strength level. I think it was 81, I can't remember, but there was a level where it made your account more powerful.

I'm not going to go into the history of a pure, because so few people are here that even remember/played during the time it was established it isn't worth mentioning. 30 def is acceptable today because there is no person or group of people who want to take the time to speak with each other and establish what it means to be a pure. Most people here go by the faulty definition of a pure being an account that is the best offensive account with the lowest possible def, but they're wrong. That fit into the original definition of a pure and was the driving reason for being a pure, but what made the pure what it was is the complete neglect of def in favour of combat stats. Times have changed and the old build is no longer optimal, but this does not change what a pure is, is just made pures less effective in comparison to other builds.

If we want to get back on track to what a pure really is, we need to define ourselves once again and build this community from the ground up if it comes to that. What seperates the RS community from more respectable gaming communities (something almost no one here has experience with) is not only the maturity, but that the "leaders" of our community can't even get together, take a step back from all the drama and sort out these huge issues we're having.

As leaders of a community board like this, why do you support clans that have 30 def when you don't even agree with it yourself? How long until the majority of this community starts to accept rune? In supporting clans that have 30 def you're not doing any good for this community. What can't be salvaged in this community needs to be dropped and we all have to move on. The entire pure community suffered a serious blow many years back and we rebounded, it can be done again. You people see this community for what it is now and seek to change it when most of the elements here will never change. Myself and others see the community for what it could be, know what needs to be done to restore it but can't do it ourselves. Step up and do what's right for the community.

I completely agree with everything you said in this topic. But the truth is now, is that clans don't even have fun anymore. They go out, on pk trips for one thing to smash there competition, just to have a self proclaimed #1 title. Back in the day people could fight, not return and walk down, and spam good fight. Clans had respect for each other back than, and could even have 2+2 fights, and they still have fun. Now you look at it. Yeah some clans can do this, but others be pricks, and start messin about. Ddosing, spies, leaks everything are all tactics pretty much every clan uses, to grab the upper advantage on there rivalries. Its pathetic now a days. We now use the KDR system, and everyone bases it on how there trip went. You could go a negative kdr, and still have a fun successful trip.

The truth is, is that if you look at clan leaders now a days. They all need to use these tactics, to help them get a win for a pure warfare topic. They won't talk about it simply because there are going to be arrogant clans who won't drop there defence levels. That just means people who are to lazy, or don't want to start another account won't. Than they'll join the clan that allows 30 defense. It is sad indeed to see what it has come to.

Clans don't have fun?

Well then again it depends what clan you are in. :rolleyes:

Yeah it does, and judging by the way your clan is ran you guys must have some much fun. Going to other clans preps flamming them, ddosing our teamspeak as soon as we rush you. Hugging mossies every single trip. Shut the **** up and try posting something constructive.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm going to pull a quote from myself from a different topic discussing this issue. Most of what is said below applies here.

The responses here are just pathetic, I swear, most of you people have no idea what you're talking about and have no understand as to how a functional and respectable community is supposed to function.

I can't believe some of you guys are so ignorant to even say 2 def isn't pure... Realize that 10 def was ALWAYS considered pure. Such a negligible combat difference from the ideal of 1 def didn't really matter and so it was still considered pure. There was an understanding that the principle was always to keep 1 def, but 10 def was also acceptable because of the mechanics back in the day. Most of you don't realize, but it was extremely easy to get def in early RS. You were locked into controlled upon log in and couldn't swap combat styles until you engaged in combat. Say you got disconnected while training on aggressive monsters (ie. anywhere in the wild) you were pretty much screwed because the second you logged on you were hit first in a 3 round combat system which meant as you retaliated you had no time to switch from controlled to an appropriate attack style. This was understood and ~10 def was given to act as a buffer for pures. Anyone who says "if we can't call 35 def pure, you can't call 2 def pure" is wrong. And to one of the above posts saying 31/43 pray was frowned upon, it wasn't if you had a certain strength level. I think it was 81, I can't remember, but there was a level where it made your account more powerful.

I'm not going to go into the history of a pure, because so few people are here that even remember/played during the time it was established it isn't worth mentioning. 30 def is acceptable today because there is no person or group of people who want to take the time to speak with each other and establish what it means to be a pure. Most people here go by the faulty definition of a pure being an account that is the best offensive account with the lowest possible def, but they're wrong. That fit into the original definition of a pure and was the driving reason for being a pure, but what made the pure what it was is the complete neglect of def in favour of combat stats. Times have changed and the old build is no longer optimal, but this does not change what a pure is, is just made pures less effective in comparison to other builds.

If we want to get back on track to what a pure really is, we need to define ourselves once again and build this community from the ground up if it comes to that. What seperates the RS community from more respectable gaming communities (something almost no one here has experience with) is not only the maturity, but that the "leaders" of our community can't even get together, take a step back from all the drama and sort out these huge issues we're having.

As leaders of a community board like this, why do you support clans that have 30 def when you don't even agree with it yourself? How long until the majority of this community starts to accept rune? In supporting clans that have 30 def you're not doing any good for this community. What can't be salvaged in this community needs to be dropped and we all have to move on. The entire pure community suffered a serious blow many years back and we rebounded, it can be done again. You people see this community for what it is now and seek to change it when most of the elements here will never change. Myself and others see the community for what it could be, know what needs to be done to restore it but can't do it ourselves. Step up and do what's right for the community.

I completely agree with everything you said in this topic. But the truth is now, is that clans don't even have fun anymore. They go out, on pk trips for one thing to smash there competition, just to have a self proclaimed #1 title. Back in the day people could fight, not return and walk down, and spam good fight. Clans had respect for each other back than, and could even have 2+2 fights, and they still have fun. Now you look at it. Yeah some clans can do this, but others be pricks, and start messin about. Ddosing, spies, leaks everything are all tactics pretty much every clan uses, to grab the upper advantage on there rivalries. Its pathetic now a days. We now use the KDR system, and everyone bases it on how there trip went. You could go a negative kdr, and still have a fun successful trip.

The truth is, is that if you look at clan leaders now a days. They all need to use these tactics, to help them get a win for a pure warfare topic. They won't talk about it simply because there are going to be arrogant clans who won't drop there defence levels. That just means people who are to lazy, or don't want to start another account won't. Than they'll join the clan that allows 30 defense. It is sad indeed to see what it has come to.

Clans don't have fun?

Yeah it does, and judging by the way your clan is ran you guys must have some much fun. Going to other clans preps flamming them, ddosing our teamspeak as soon as we rush you. Hugging mossies every single trip. Shut the **** up and try posting something constructive.

Hey buddy if you're constantly stressed out and angry of your current clans situation feel free to try out the corrupt pures. With an average member base that's been around for 2.5 years ( < longer than Z has been around lol ) and a leadership that keeps things real i am sure you would love us. Try us out (;

11j2cfd.gif[Retired- High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |
corrutpures2sig.pngcorruptpures.png
"Could we even recognize ourselves, and if we did, would we know ourselves?
What would we say to ourselves? What would we learn from ourselves?
What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

Clans don't have fun?

Hey buddy if you're constantly stressed out and angry of your current clans situation feel free to try out the corrupt pures. With an average member base that's been around for 2.5 years and a leadership that keeps things real i am sure you would love us. Try us out (;

Why would I be stressed, while your clan is constantly afraid to prep us. And we smash you every weekend.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

Clans don't have fun?

Hey buddy if you're constantly stressed out and angry of your current clans situation feel free to try out the corrupt pures. With an average member base that's been around for 2.5 years and a leadership that keeps things real i am sure you would love us. Try us out (;

Why would I be stressed, while your clan is constantly afraid to prep us. And we smash you every weekend.

Unfortunately this is a current problem in the pure community i don't know what josh, cookies or whatever lilguys who lead your clan tell you. Not sure if you haven't noticed but your clan has been pulling 30s to trips while mine has been pulling 50s for the past two months. I am not exactly sure how that is possible lol. Your leadership does not accept f2p preps without doing a p2p prep its like wtf lol We're asking for f2p???????????????

Well i am happy we had this chat brayden hopefully it will motivate you to open your eyes and realize their are other choices in the pure world. Your current clan closed once already, and i already see it closing sometime soon.

Anyways Goodnight buddy!

What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

Clans don't have fun?

Unfortunately this is a current problem in the pure community i don't know what josh, cookies or whatever lilguys who lead your clan tell you. Not sure if you haven't noticed but your clan has been pulling 30s to trips while mine has been pulling 50s for the past two months. I am not exactly sure how that is possible lol. Your leadership does not accept f2p preps without doing a p2p prep its like wtf lol We're asking for f2p???????????????

Well i am happy we had this chat brayden hopefully it will motivate you to open your eyes and realize their are other choices in the pure world. Your current clan closed once already, and i already see it closing sometime soon.

Anyways Goodnight buddy!

As I can say exactly about your leadership. You guys don't step away from mossies, once your whole trip. You hug single, and than you spam the most useless stuff. Were sitting in multi spamming come get us, and you stay at mossies. And oh by the way, you may pull 50's, but 2 hours into your trip you hit 35. We on the other hand pull consistant 40's, and remain that way the whole trip. So #zenith if you want to hit us up with a F2P prep, thats if you don't leave during round 3 again.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

Clans don't have fun?

Anyways Goodnight buddy!

As I can say exactly about your leadership. You guys don't step away from mossies, once your whole trip. You hug single, and than you spam the most useless stuff. Were sitting in multi spamming come get us, and you stay at mossies. And oh by the way, you may pull 50's, but 2 hours into your trip you hit 35. We on the other hand pull consistant 40's, and remain that way the whole trip. So #zenith if you want to hit us up with a F2P prep, thats if you don't leave during round 3 again.

The difference between our leadership and your leadership is obvious while your're sitting in multi your spy infested clan is just mini maps away from 3-4 potential clans waiting to do some damage. Talk and talk as you wish but as you do the talking our global spy network is reading through your leaderships private forums while laughing hysterically. The damage has been done and your clan will be dismantled soon enough.

erm 30 defence is "Pure" at this day and age. 45 def isnt, so i'm not sure why "Pures of Today" are allowed to even be associated with the "pure" community; but thats just my two cents.

Kids like you make me shake my head. 3-4 years ago was 30defence allowed in clans? did people even think of getting any defense levels passed 20? You sir, are clearly new :thumbsup:

Well there was no reason to go 30 defence back then, it'd be like training 30 defence manual now.. just for addy.

@mm Accepting 25 def doesn't make you much a pure clan either lol. Grats nme/ef/f/lpcs on last pure clans alive.

Clans don't have fun?

Anyways Goodnight buddy!

The difference between our leadership and your leadership is obvious while your're sitting in multi your spy infested clan is just mini maps away from 3-4 potential clans waiting to do some damage. Talk and talk as you wish but as you do the talking our global spy network is reading through your leaderships private forums while laughing hysterically. The damage has been done and your clan will be dismantled soon enough.

And this is what the pure world has came to! Hacking staff members forum accounts. Thanks for that. Have fun with your read.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

Directly demeaning fellow clans will result in a 3 day suspend.

Keep the topic constructive.

You have been warned.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

erm 30 defence is "Pure" at this day and age. 45 def isnt, so i'm not sure why "Pures of Today" are allowed to even be associated with the "pure" community; but thats just my two cents.

Kids like you make me shake my head. 3-4 years ago was 30defence allowed in clans? did people even think of getting any defense levels passed 20? You sir, are clearly new :thumbsup:

Well there was no reason to go 30 defence back then, it'd be like training 30 defence manual now.. just for addy.

@mm Accepting 25 def doesn't make you much a pure clan either lol. Grats nme/ef/f/lpcs on last pure clans alive.

MM accepts 25? :down:

dipsy.png

Pure clans if they keep going will open up to rune hey i got this response last time when asking if clans are really pure " f it why not, quit your btchn"

i look at this subject like this.. for example in mini's clans like EOP FI and Foe will rarely allow a decent pure say lvl 79 at this lvl u can be 99 mage rng and str.. however this account will most likely not get to participate in th mini war due to accounts like those with turmoil etc..

this lvl 79 has worked hard as hell on his account and due to the fact that we now allow 35+ defense he won't get his chance to show his skills.

i hope MM can pave the path to a brighter future..

Pure clans if they keep going will open up to rune hey i got this response last time when asking if clans are really pure " f it why not, quit your btchn"

i look at this subject like this.. for example in mini's clans like EOP FI and Foe will rarely allow a decent pure say lvl 79 at this lvl u can be 99 mage rng and str.. however this account will most likely not get to participate in th mini war due to accounts like those with turmoil etc..

this lvl 79 has worked hard as hell on his account and due to the fact that we now allow 35+ defense he won't get his chance to show his skills.

How much can one clan do? We run a community site more active than this one, but we don't represent the entire pure world as the rest of the RS players see it. It's clear from polls here that the majority of people don't see 30 def as pure, and I know that Omni has already stated that he doesn't think 30 def is pure, yet why does this site remain home to those who keep pushing for higher def?

It doesn't make sense. People want change yet the supposed leaders of the community won't do anything to change it.

We have enough to deal with in MM right now, and I honestly don't think that our current leadership in MM is capable/willing of engaging in any talks or starting anything up to "pave the way" alone. As I've said before, the only way to progress from here is from the ground up, and that means that the leaders of this community site will have to act on what they believe is right, something that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.

30nj3p2.gif

^13th'd^

Would like to say as a proud cp rank, WE are the ones that introduced 20 def and are now paving the way for 30 def to be more widespread. Hopefully more clans can copy our model and be as successful and influential as we are.

I can see jagex slowly rolling out more defense weapons and armor even at 35 def that includes more than the berserker shield and slowly increasing that as the number of pure clans decreases and they are forced to get def to be competitive and even have fun.

you mean 40-50?

|Bad Kangaroo|

#TLP

OHFs7.png

Team Genocide

| Site | TGTube | Apply Here

Would like to say as a proud cp rank, WE are the ones that introduced 20 def and are now paving the way for 30 def to be more widespread. Hopefully more clans can copy our model and be as successful and influential as we are.

I can see jagex slowly rolling out more defense weapons and armor even at 35 def that includes more than the berserker shield and slowly increasing that as the number of pure clans decreases and they are forced to get def to be competitive and even have fun.

you mean 40-50?

See? This is the kind of stuff that needs to be thrown out. It's like a malignent tumor, you cut it out and dispose of it before it spreads. This mindset is terrible and is what lead to a lot of the problems this community is facing.

30nj3p2.gif

^13th'd^

How much can one clan do? We run a community site more active than this one, but we don't represent the entire pure world as the rest of the RS players see it. It's clear from polls here that the majority of people don't see 30 def as pure, and I know that Omni has already stated that he doesn't think 30 def is pure, yet why does this site remain home to those who keep pushing for higher def?

It doesn't make sense. People want change yet the supposed leaders of the community won't do anything to change it.

We have enough to deal with in MM right now, and I honestly don't think that our current leadership in MM is capable/willing of engaging in any talks or starting anything up to "pave the way" alone. As I've said before, the only way to progress from here is from the ground up, and that means that the leaders of this community site will have to act on what they believe is right, something that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.

I remember you from wy back early as 07 and people might call us old faqss but in reality we are trying to keep pures a live. I'll tell you the problem and the problem lies in the leaders of clans who they themselves decide to raise their defense and therefor set an example for the rest of the clan members.

you had addy "pures" in 09

dooqps.jpg

"I'm American, and I'm sick of people saying America is "the stupidest country in the world."

"Personally, I think Europe is the stupidest country in the world. "

There was also a poll that had the majority saying 20 defence isn't pure. We'd be left with Nme and the lpc's if we closed the site to them. All it would do would give Pc a boost in activity.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

Downhill obviously (unless tons of low lvl clans open and the people in it aren't multiclanning).

"40 def = main, 39 def = pure" apparantly... I don't get why these clans don't just get 40 def. Clans need addy in F2P to survive and keep competing. Won't stop.

heartline8.gif

who cares if none of us are pure, that doesn't even matter anymore. What matters is clanning and in our community clanning has these two characteristics

1. Being below 40 def

2. Having defense to compete with other clans

There are no pures anymore, there are just clans that accept pure-like people that are not necessarily 40 def. All you people against defense need to face the facts quick, because as your competition continues to get better whether its str, range, mage or defense stats, you guys are stuck to your silly honor codes and excuses about defense in a game that is just terrible.

I want to ask some of you why do you continue to advocate against 30+ def when you damn know that you are in the minority and a majority of clans have it or will have it in the future. You are already giving yourself a disadvantage versus your competition and the ONLY GOOD THING out of you not accepting defense is the buttload of excuses some clans give us over the weekend.

"O you won because of your defense"

That is the most stupidest sht I have ever heard, you guys are handicapping yourselves and whether it is to make your clan look cool and maybe you want a challenge just like the 20 def era you will be forced to adapt or close if you do not get what your competition already has. (MM is an exception since they have numbers)

Those clans that are stuck in the past about this issue need to realize that you play this game to have fun and talk with your friends. Stop your silly honor codes and learn that this is a game just like any other game, the ones who have the best guns, armor, weapons will always win.

ddcj3.png
2hp6nbs.gif

Corrupt Pures CrownLeader.gif[supreme Elder]
Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com

who cares if none of us are pure, that doesn't even matter anymore. What matters is clanning and in our community clanning has these two characteristics

1. Being below 40 def

2. Having defense to compete with other clans

There are no pures anymore, there are just clans that accept pure-like people that are not necessarily 40 def. All you people against defense need to face the facts quick, because as your competition continues to get better whether its str, range, mage or defense stats, you guys are stuck to your silly honor codes and excuses about defense in a game that is just terrible.

I want to ask some of you why do you continue to advocate against 30+ def when you damn know that you are in the minority and a majority of clans have it or will have it in the future. You are already giving yourself a disadvantage versus your competition and the ONLY GOOD THING out of you not accepting defense is the buttload of excuses some clans give us over the weekend.

"O you won because of your defense"

That is the most stupidest sht I have ever heard, you guys are handicapping yourselves and whether it is to make your clan look cool and maybe you want a challenge just like the 20 def era you will be forced to adapt or close if you do not get what your competition already has. (MM is an exception since they have numbers)

Those clans that are stuck in the past about this issue need to realize that you play this game to have fun and talk with your friends. Stop your silly honor codes and learn that this is a game just like any other game, the ones who have the best guns, armor, weapons will always win.

It's not called handicapping, it's called being an actual pure clan. You aren't even looking at the argument properly. Yes, this is just a game, and the ones who have the best armor will always win, then why don't you get the fuck off of this site and go get the best armor possible in F2P?

"BUT YOU GOTTA ADAPT YOOOOO" - Why? Why are you adapting? The guys that adapt are the ones who couldn't survive in the first place. Yes turmoil came out which gave great bonuses with 30 def, but 45 def gives great bonuses too? You guys aren't "adapting" or advancing in the pure community. You guys are doing whatever it takes to win. That's it.

Promoting 39 def in your clan to get higher combat, for advantages. That's not adapting, that's called being shit at what warring, and trying to gain as many little advantages as possible so you can win. .

You're not understanding the whole point of being pures and being in a pure clan. It isn't some "silly honor code" that can just be looked over. If you accept 30 def, then why are you still accepting kids that are 1 def?

You don't understand that the people aren't angry that you're accepting 30 def. People are angry that you're accepting 30 def and then calling yourselves pures. You post on a site that is for pures, so if you think that being pure is follow a silly honor rule, why don't you get off of the site and do your own thing?

Face it, all the clans with 30 defence are not "adapting to survive", you just want the advantage because you guys don't know how to improve yourselves in any other way. You can't accept 1 defence and then tell the rest of your members to get 39 def so you have a bigger chance of winning fights. If you want addy/30 def, it's fine, but get off of this site and stop accepting pures.

p.s. Here's a tip for you: Rune helps MUCH more than Adamant in fights. Try it you fool.

p.s.s. Don't give me the usual "WHAT IS PURE" bullshit either, the majority of the guys on this site can agree on what pure actually is and isn't.

inb4WERUNHOWWEWANTL0L0L0

fgRMY.png

IG3o1.png

I'm sure we were all 1 defence at some point, but as the game changes we have to adapt to these changes. 30+ def has its advantages such as turmoil and addy, whether you like it or not. These days its the survival of the fittest and you got to accept whats going around you. If you think it's unfair that clans accept 30 def but your clan only accepts 1-10 def, then why are you bothering to compete? Make your own 'pure community' and see where that will get you.

Pure or not pure 30+ def is accepted in the pure community so why cause such a debate over it because it will not go anywhere. All these topics being made are not going to change anything whether it's made by an Admin or not, it's just wasting your own time.

At the end of they day you have to realise it's just a game, and let people play how they want to play. The more you guys argue about it, the worse the situation will get. As I stated in the first paragraph: 'adapt to these changes' otherwise your not going to get anywhere.

kzDo0.png

JHsTf.png

Corrupt Pures [@Warlord]
#Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com

It's good that you know you're not a pure clan `Peter, that's a start. But I don't get why you (and other clans that accept 30-39 defemce) fight real pure clans then? I mean... they are NOT in your league, since as you've said, you're not a pure clan.

We ALL complain when HF fight/crash us. For real pure clans It's the same thing when lvl 100s and 110s (these 110s almost meet the reqs of good main clans -> example: Forsaken 110+ F2P Combat, 80+ Defence, 80+ Magic) are fighting a real pure clan. I mean.. do you feel accomplished when you beat lvl 70s in robes when you're in addy and you're cmb 100~? I doubt you really do because the outcome is expected in even opt fights.

Fi, TLP, CP, Z, Eop, Pot?, Foe and MM (because of their numbers) should just focus on each other if all you guys are sticking to being 35+ def (MM being there because they can compete with you guys because of their numbers). I am not talking about clans that accept 30+ defence and pull below 30. Real pure clans can fight you, but they would need a huge opt advantage over you which is common sense. So far the only real pure clan who has no issues and problems with these clans is MM due to their numbers.

You guys are in a totally different league. This is how I feel about things, I know it's the wilderness and you guys don't care who or what you hit (any clan would try and kill a smaller clan when they have the change when they are in the same world and place) but It's kind of stupid having to fight lvl 100s in addy acting like they are pure. Then after that post a topic including the fight.

But oh well, things won't change and people will keep complaining or trying to fix this. I probably think it would be a good idea for real pure clans to start pking on different times and avoid these clans that are in a different league (clans that accept 30-39 def) if they keep focussing on real pure clans.

heartline8.gif