Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

What's up with the RS lag?

nosympathy

Well I have been away from RS for a good month now and I didn't expect to see this much lag now on this game? Last time I posted this the lag was minimal and usually centered around certain areas. Yet, after logging on today I can't believe how much I lag in the most random and stupidest places EVER!

Has RS been updated so much in a month that I can't even play a browser game anymore? I mean I have the newest MAC at the moment so I don't think I shouldn't be able to run a browser game to it's full extent. But as of now I feel like I am playing WoW (which used to lag constantly with me).

I can't seem to find any reason to play the game anymore when most the time I click in the wrong spots, can't properly PK because my opponent skips, and I can't do quests because I usually end up missing the chat dialogue......

I never thought this game would value money more than satisfying their members needs, entertainment.

Sooner or later this game will be updated so much you'll need the same requirements as Crysis :/

~Nosympathy

im not sure why this game is lagging for me, i have 4 gigs of ram, and a fairly new computer. But its so glitchy for me, when i walk its in step motions.

Heard that they are making the HD now into the new Low detail with this graphics update :[

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

I always DC out in the same area. It's in the wilderness around level 5ish if I'm going out/in of the wilderness I always lag out near that same area. I lost a G2H there. It just freezes.

I'd have to agree that they are killing this game much quicker than expected. Sure, I won't argue that updates should be seen this far into the games existence, but I didn't think that those updates (i.e. weapons, armors, interface) should effect the game play SO much that a simple MAC can't even run it.

My MAC came with ~4-5 GB of RAM and I think it lags me more than CS:S & TF2 put together.

What sucks was I really was hoping to finish my pure & start up the game again, but that doesn't look like it will happen in JaGex thinks more with their pockets than with their brains.

Also, I hope to see that HD change personally. That way I can play full screen and still be able to enjoy the game. I don't lag at all in low detail, but seeing as my MAC is 25' it makes it difficult playing on a ~10' game screen lol.

P.S. Where can I read up on in-game updates besides the RS website? Zybez I'm guessing?

~Nosympathy

They're having FPS issues, I have a top end computer which can play pretty much every game out there with max details, but with RS I get 2-4 FPS and it's impossible to play :(

Never in my life have I wished for a facepalm more then after reading this statement.

My only hopes is that the new HD update to low resolution fixes my gameplay issues :/

~Nosympathy

I wasn't able to play Runescape from day one of the bot busting update because I'd get these massive spikes that lasted for about 30 seconds then get logged all the way out to the lobby up until two days ago lol but now I'm only having slight problems with graphical lag but nothing too bad

51zql2.png

BVKPm.png

RNRda.png

I got on today for a little bit and couldn't stand the lag! I tried to overlook it to be able to play in HD, but as soon as I switched the MEDIUM I lost all interest in playing the game for the night. I can't stand having such a large monitor and being constricted to playing on the lowest setting even though my computer can obviously run it.

Does anyone know exactly when the new graphics update is going to happen?

The one that turns HD into the new old details settings. I'm really hopping for this update soon!

~Nosympathy

• 2 weeks later...

I have been getting random black screens, not even doing anything just boom black screen, its like a loading screen that never ends. Most annoyign **** ever.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

I have been getting random black screens, not even doing anything just boom black screen, its like a loading screen that never ends. Most annoyign **** ever.

i have been getting these aswell , i run into the wilderness then boom black screen and i have to reload the page and sometimes i am dead when i logon cuz some1 kills me when i get the blkscreen :down: