Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Response to Elmo

Arrow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of you must be under the impression PW admins have the ability to moderate clan decisions... am disappoint

Nobody is saying they have to moderate clan decisions, we are simply asking for them to ask the bare minimum of clans not to break the law and actually enforce it in their clan and if they don't... simples.

tumblr_lxryz7QHLZ1qdmlvgo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyxuqyXRqx1qdmlvgo1_400.gif

You don't want to do anything incase they might turn around and ddos you. What kind of a stance is that, pure cowardice.

You may not want to tell clans what they can and cannot do, however clans do not need to use this site, surely it would be a better policy to protect your users and integrity as a site to say well your members engage in illegal activity over a video game, that goes against what we stand for and if you wish to use the site you have to agree that it is unacceptable and do something about it.

You're reading this the wrong way. If we did take action, nothing would change as we don't control clans and clans would get ****** off and attack us, so there's no reason for us to step in. Clans need to grow some balls, admit defeat rather than flipping out about it and DDoSing, and the clan leaders need to get rid of people who DDoS and hack.

Tbh I don't expect PW admins to do anything because they "don't play rs" so they wouldn't know what it's like in this day and age. They don't want to adress issues that involves this community but yet they want to create events for the community. Idk what's worst creating events for a community they don't care about or doing completely nothing about it.

I sometimes play RS, I just don't clan because the drama is ridiculous. It's a game yet people need to get involved with illegal activities just because they don't want to lose.

Heads up kids, losing is part of life. Get used to it.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

You're reading this the wrong way. If we did take action, nothing would change as we don't control clans and clans would get ****** off and attack us, so there's no reason for us to step in. Clans need to grow some balls, admit defeat rather than flipping out about it and DDoSing, and the clan leaders need to get rid of people who DDoS and hack.

This site has more of an impact than you think, saying that there is no reason for you to step in. Grow a pair, omni has already said that clans would slump if they couldn't use this site and many would agree with him although doubt they would say that out loud.

Your reluctance to do anything vastly underestimates your standing in this community and that of your site, sure they could go to PC but tbh 1 word... sefket.

You have the power to slump clans and if all they care about is winning they will do what needs to be done to do so, and we can hope that means that they change their ways in order to be allowed back on this site. Were not asking for much just a simple set of rules in which clans must abide, it aint like im beating children here no need to look shocked it really isn't much to ask.

tumblr_lxryz7QHLZ1qdmlvgo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyxuqyXRqx1qdmlvgo1_400.gif

This site has more of an impact than you think, saying that there is no reason for you to step in. Grow a pair, omni has already said that clans would slump if they couldn't use this site and many would agree with him although doubt they would say that out loud.

Your reluctance to do anything vastly underestimates your standing in this community and that of your site, sure they could go to PC but tbh 1 word... sefket.

You have the power to slump clans and if all they care about is winning they will do what needs to be done to do so, and we can hope that means that they change their ways in order to be allowed back on this site. Were not asking for much just a simple set of rules in which clans must abide, it aint like im beating children here no need to look shocked it really isn't much to ask.

Agreed, they say they can't control what clans do but they can certainly take a initiative on it. Just like how MM crashed the

red vs blue. They can't control what they did but they still got banned??

100% agree

mm should also be unbanned. if you want a safe environment to fight in then go to clanwars. tbh they really owned that event especially with the cape switching lol gotta hand it to them. dont hate the player hate the game also honor needs to go its just completely hypocritical. u cant tele but leaving cc in dangerous cw is ok. except it has exact same outcome (instantly brought to safety and keep all items)

Good topic. However, this community can't even set a def limit to itself, which is something that's supposed to define us. Also lifting the ban on MM here won't do anything, we're not coming back.

You can't control the way in which jagex updates the game. It happened. People took advantage of it. Your no better then someone who is 30 def. Your definition is just different. Come to the table half way on the issue. You don't need to accept 30 def yourself, but its time to cut the crap and not preach to others how they play their runescape.com account.

MM is just as integral as any other clan. They should remove the ban, you guys should start posting and be apart of the community solution that has to do with out of game ****. Before you can do this though you need to be humble enough to know you can't change how a 14 year old kid levels his runescape account.

The term pure is not a subjective definition. Are you going to hold the same stance when people start accepting 5 more def levels and are bringing rune and more to trips? When CP, and invevitably everyone else follows and gets 40 def, are you guys going to just sit there and say "adapt" or "you can't tell us how to play"? We follow the classical definition of a pure. A pure remains constant while the game evolves. It may make the account build obsolete, but it doesn't change what defines a pure. By your definition, zerkers should be included in this community. Do you want that? Restricting armour is no solution. It's temporary if anything. Obviously nothing can be done in one week, but what's the point in restricting armour to only monk robes when nothing is being done to solve the problem of actual def level? WAR is doing it right because they're employing a temporary solution in removing all addy from their trips and restricting their recruitment to only 20-22 def max or whatever. While not outright kicking everyone 30 def, that's a good solution.

Why should MM come back? What do we gain from being part of this community? We're clearly different from the rest of you, we can call ourselves pure still and stay away from this taint. We have no reason to come back, and as it stands, there is no way of being "part of the solution" because the entire problem revolves around 30 def, and any "solution" that lets clans keep their turmoil, defense and whatever else is unacceptable.

I was a leader in MM for some time, and while without a doubt we have leaders/members who can't hold an articulate conversation, there are still some who can. I'm a part of, and have been for some time a member/leader in other game communities and I know that it's not easy to get leaders together to discuss the future of a community, but it has to get done at some point if you guys want to keep going. With or without MM, soon enough you guys will be facing the problems that accepting rune will bring. The exact same garbage that was used to justify mith and addy (btw, we caved in for mith, never again will we "meet half way.") will be used to justify rune and because you go by a subjective definition of pure, you'll have to accept it. Good luck when that happens.

I also should have been less critical of PW in past posts. To me it just seems like they don't realize their importance as a meeting place for the community, and in allowing addy to remain and post here, they support it.

30nj3p2.gif

^13th'd^

I like a lot of what you said, but unfortunately a lot of this is up to individual clans and as such, nothing is going to get done. This community is a dying one and people don't seem to realize that.

That being said, there probably are a few things we could do (not as PW but as a pure community) to stop how **** things are, but most of them would involve answers that clans wouldn't wanna hear.

I'm about to head off to class, so I'll slap a textwall up here later on depending. Hopefully my ******* rs forums topic gets unlocked, dat rs customer service

I hope MM aren't unbanned, the amount of flaming and trolling and general retardedness on these forums has gone down so much since they were.

*Looks at clan tag, looks at previous posts from user, looks at posts from other EOP members*

Hmm... Don't even get me started pointing fingers.

1. For the MM unbanning thing, it had nothing to do with the game, it was the gesture - If people think it's cool to spit in our faces then so be it. We gave our word on what was up, and the majority of the MM folk don't care anyways, so why bother.

2. Clan drama is indeed ridiculous, also the fact that there are boat loads, and I mean LOADS of folks who simply lack the intelligence to function properly as a human being - Does not contribute well at all.

3. Sure PW has some impact, however it is (like already regurgitated and stated over 9000 times) not up to us but the leaders. We've tried, and we've put our thoughts out there, but they were shut down without a second though.

5. DDoSing/hacking over Runescape Drama 101. I can't even put together words to say how pathetic some individuals are.

I know if I were a clan leader I'd have zero tolerance for any sort of hacking/ddosing regardless of whoever it is.

I like a lot of what you said, but unfortunately a lot of this is up to individual clans and as such, nothing is going to get done. This community is a dying one and people don't seem to realize that.

That being said, there probably are a few things we could do (not as PW but as a pure community) to stop how **** things are, but most of them would involve answers that clans wouldn't wanna hear.

I'm about to head off to class, so I'll slap a textwall up here later on depending. Hopefully my ******* rs forums topic gets unlocked, dat rs customer service

It is not dying it is changing, MMO's change, it's how it is, brushing aside the biggest example of an "MMO" (WoW) - Which changes nearly every other month with patches and whatnot, people play games for the community, and for the progression.

As for "honor" - Let's just say this completely changed too; nowadays folks don't give a flying fudge about teleing in front of your face, and clan leaders don't give a damn too. The only time when teleing away does matter would be the most sensible time: On a pk trip.

Back then the community was small enough so you knew who was who, you knew who was associated with what clan, who were his/her friends, etc. So in turn you had a reputation, today, people say "LOLL0LOLOL K0 S0NN1E!!!ONE111! REPUTATIONESZ? L0LNERD GF"

A select few clans would slump, they would move to PC, and STILL SLUMP. True, but it goes back to people playing for the community and progression.

Who are "we" to mold people, and tell them what to do. Who gave Karl, or anyone for the matter of fact, the right to determine how anything is run in other clans

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

Good topic. However, this community can't even set a def limit to itself, which is something that's supposed to define us.

he made like 2 topics and 5 posts about how kids cry about defence. and you cry about it and say good topic.hmm

smartestmember.jpg

i ****** hate it when people tele ...

its part of the game. this is how jagex intented pvp to be. they gave you this Teleport_Block_icon.png to counter it. also making up imaginary rules that only your clan follows just puts you in a huge advantage when pking. if you didnt notice yet "honor" doesnt exist out of pure clans.

Ddosing/Hacking on this game is a desperate attempt for power/respect. The truth is, most of these pures mind sets are based on how other people look at them, how a random person whois's them and sees them hanging with so and so, how they think they're cool by ddosing someone. They basically command respect lol.

I can guarantee a lot of them were rejected in school, didn't have many friends, or were insecure. It's just how it works lol. Of course people can try to deny it but if you've seen how hard some of these "Hackers/Ddosers" rage over the stupidest ****.

If any of you hybrid, it's the same with hybrids/people who rag. I won't change the topic or bore your asses with things that people don't care or know about, but Boosi Inc is a PRIME example, not to mention he used to pretend to be a girl. He sits ragging at wests and easts for 16 hours a day literally.

He simply commands respect.

It's human nature, especially for teens. They just want to be cool lol, or look powerful when the truth is they really don't know **** all, they bought guides and web booters lol.

hsiggything.png
~ Proud Leader of Hazard ~

Furious Omni Karl

^ The Dream Team lol.

In a nutshell i think this is what's going on;

Admins/Mods: Its not up to us to tell you what to do. Our jurisdiction are these forums, nothing else.

TopicMaker+Supporters: You have the power to control clans by banning them from the website. Use the power and everything will be good.

What people don't realize is proving someone hacks/ddosing isn't easy...yeah they can show you screenies/recordings but TOO MANY PEOPLE TROLL. The process of separating fact from fiction in a ddos/hack will be so extensive that there will be probably new staff assigned for that subject...

Mods/Admins need to man up? Clan Leaders need to grow some balls and ban the kids THEY KNOW DDOS/HACK >_>

Listen to Many, Speak to Few
yawnz.gif
10mtye9.jpg
yawnz.gif
Forgive your Enemies, but Never Forget their Names
-Ya Boy Yawnz-

You guys are all doing a great job of describing what things are like now, but talking about it isn't going to change anything.

@ Ultra, there's a reason that honour doesn't exist outside of pure clans. That's what sets clans apart from massers, but most everyone has forgotten that since massers don't exist any more.

@ Eruption, not really sure if you're trolling lol, but regardless we don't care whatsoever either way.

@ Furious, yea things are changing. But if they're changing for the worse and a point is reached where that change becomes irreversible, I'd say it's fair to classify the situation by saying we're dying. Honor in the game (and out of it) hasn't changed; it's been lost.

@ Karl, you used to make me wet too back when this site offered a change from the way things were going at PC. And now look. I'm not saying it's time to jump ship and try to make a new website as personally I think trying to group all pure clans into one community isn't a very smart goal (especially when you consider the ideologies that once united us and now separate us). That being said, there is too much drama in pure clans- so I agree with you on that front. But it's not like this site exists to correct it; it just perpetuates it.

@ Pure Warfare, It's flattering that you guys are considering "allowing us back." But to be frank, we left on our own terms and after all this time we've still no desire to "rejoin" you. There is a lot that separates us, both in ideals (the fact that honor actually holds meaning still in our community) and even our goals (we don't care to unite the pure community because honestly, there is no such thing).

It's sad, but it's the way things are. Such is RuneScape 2012, MM 2012, and the "pure" community.

Yawnz speaks the truth.

It is incredibly hard to prove who the culprit DDoSers are, and even harder to gather enough evidence to take action against them. And I don't mean action on these forums, I mean their local authorities. Back in 2009 I knew someone who was DDoSing PW, and due to their own stupidity and my investigation I actually gathered enough information from logs, and with the help of a datacenter I was able to pass the information to the abuse department at his ISP. He was soon disconnected.

But that really only happened because the guy was an idiot and revealed too much information.

Yes, PW perhaps does have some influence to direct clans are we're a hub for them, but an influence is all we do have. We cannot make rules and laws for clans to abide by, we cannot dictate what they can and can't do as with real life there's always someone willing to step out and say "**** it". Really it is up to the Clan Leaders to be stricter, once Clan Leaders make a move I think PW would be more willing to enforce it and keep people from DDoSing. It all starts with Clan Leaders' decisions.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

I hope MM aren't unbanned, the amount of flaming and trolling and general retardedness on these forums has gone down so much since they were.

*Looks at clan tag, looks at previous posts from user, looks at posts from other EOP members*

Hmm... Don't even get me started pointing fingers.

*Looks at pw in general, sees theres a degree of flaming and trolling from members of every clan, then points to clan warfare section and that there haven't been any 400 reply long topics since they were banned and stopped arguing for 3 days on every topic that showed another clan beating them.

qOY7v.png