Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The Future of the Pure Community Discussion

Ivp

So, as many of you have read, RS 2007 servers are potentially on the horizon. This entire post takes into account that the 750k votes are reached, which in its self probably isn't too likely, but the possibility that we could be reliving our childhood memories (or indeed desecrating them) is still something that might happen.

What does it mean for us if 750k votes are reached?

• The 'Pure clanning community' is reset. No clans exist and have to be migrated from either their graves or battlescape/other private servers, on a brand new slate. New clans will spring up to take the reins from clans that chose not to reopen, with competition hanging in the balance as there is no benchmark yet.
  • The people who decide to play in clans and lead said clans are the 'die hard' pure clanners, as the majority of the community has seemingly moved on with their live, meaning the member base will be more dedicated and mature than perhaps the memberbase of 2012, when the game was on a downward spiral.
  • Everyone is level 3, Swordfish arn't available immediately, Rune scims are difficult to come by for the first few weeks, and everyones PK'ing with either rag tag gear or overpriced stuff. Pack mentality wins, and having PK'ing teams slash clans is beneficial for the sake of gear trading and survival, as well as individual Pk'ing and training skills/killing monsters.
  • With 2007 PK worlds, Pures can thrive again with the absence of all the overpowered gear (both f2p and p2p) such as dung gear, and all the godswords and all that stuff. Pures will be relevant again like no time since the last time we could play on 2007 servers... back in 2007.

Like I said previously, the chances of F2P worlds returning are slim, I doubt 750k people care about it all that much. However, if by some stroke of luck 750k votes are reached, the community HAS to begin its ascent again. It can only grow. If people have learned from the horrifying fall from grace during the 2011/2012 period of pure clanning, I'm hoping that the community has changed and are willing to be more liberal in their attitudes.

Keeping the three points above in mind, it is logical to assume that the community will be more mature, and more balanced, meaning that competition will flourish, as everyone is within the same tier strength wise. With a more mature member base, issues such as defense caps or lack thereof, honour rules or lack thereof, and a whole range of other issues could be discussed logically by clan leaders, learning from past mistakes and creating a community that can continue to thrive and grow.

Alot of people say that the 2007 period is their perfect time for pure clanning. It won't be the same as those glory days, nothing can recreate that nostalgia. However, these servers have the potential to be the spark of life that reinvigorates this community to a level approaching decent competition. The process of growth is one of the most fun things about this game for me, and I know that should 750k votes be reached growth will be EVERYWHERE on these servers.

I know its early days, but the potential is worth thinking about.

With this topic, it is clear to see I have hope it'll turn out well for the future of the pure community.

Discuss in this topic how you think it'll turn out, and what do you think will happen in terms of important issues to the community such as clans reopening, the entire defense and honour debate, et cetera?

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

Hey you! Hope all is going well.

Haven't really been following all of this, I've seen a few topics on the various forums that I still keep in contact with but I've not really gone out of my way to try and find out what's happen.

However, from what I have read, it looks like it'll a slow process if the community is ever to recover. Yes, people will be pulled to the hype of the new servers and pure accounts will be created, but many will be discarded in a few weeks when the hype dies down and people get bored.

That being said, as you rightly pointed out, there has always been a few that were extremely dedicated to their clans, people that have been willing to put the hours into it and I have no doubt will be those sort of people around once again; albeit not on the same numerical scale. So I can see small pking teams, maybe small clans that peak around 20 opening which should be fun for those that are going to get involved in all of it.

Hi

Like you said - it won't get 750k votes. If the poll was F2P then maybe. Even if it managed to scrape 750k votes it just wouldn't be the same for a lot of people. Nostalgia often makes things appear better than they were.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

if you're to old to care why post lol

anyway I will try to get money but it will be extremely hard in the beginning, I might just fish all day to be honest for lobbies to get some money started. I bet the community will be worse if you have to pay 15 dollars to play the old one

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

I haven't been here in a while, and wasn't planning on it, but it took another site for me to hear about what was going on in the world of RuneScape.

Prepare for Text Wall, even though this is a response mainly for IVP.

It will be interesting to see if everything does work out like you hope. I do like the idea of starting with a clean slate at level 3 with nothing to show for, and an empty economy/world. It won't have the disgusting inflated economy that RuneScape had from all the gold farmers and bots. Being such a beginning state also brings more issues.

The Cons?
#1). We can't assume anything. Assuming what will happen with this server will just lead to more hard feelings toward it. Kind of like how we've been for every update that Jagex has given to RuneScape. We can hope for the best but it doesn't matter until it is here.
#2). It's going to take a VERY long time for an economy to even establish itself. People that will sell the items, "merchers" will take forever to even have to product, so it's going to need to go back to the basics where everyone's going to have to focus on skilling to even get back into the game; and by skilling, you need to do primary skills that will help create the items you need to even pk, or last in training.
I.E
(Primary) Woodcutting -> (Secondary) Fletching for arrows.
(Primary) Mining -> (Secondary) Smithing for armor and weapons.
(Primary) Fishing -> (Secondary)Cooking for food.

But hopefully by now, everyone should know that. But I do believe, sadly, that this server will be over-ran with Bots anyways which will increase output into the economy, which isn't really a bad thing because I know most of us don't want to wait 3-5 years for a Rune Scimitar to be 25k again. People need to be reminded that it took 100,000s of accounts, to create the economy that you see in RuneScape, or even the Runescape of 2007-2013, I should say.

#3). Like Scott said, Nostalgia is based on fond memories that you have of great times of when you were younger. We can't expect this to be anything like our golden years, the friends we made then are not here now, at least for me. Myself being as old as I am, I really don't go out of my way to meet anyone else on here. It's going to be a big change, for those that want to play this, but you're gonna need to deal with that it's not going to be like you remembered.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited, in a way. I'm really getting bored of console gaming and the greed behind it. You basically pay for half of a game now-a-days, then spend one hundred more dollars on the other half in DLCs. It's annoyingly disgusting on where the industry is going, and it shows with Jagex as well.

If all this does manage to happen and come true then the first thought shouldn't really be clanning of any kind, and should be just focused on getting a stable character ready and getting the stats and items you need just to get to a 70 combat stat. Doing all this will make it easier to get to the PKing aspect of the older style of the server.

As for clans, I hope to see a new age of clans come from nowhere and create a brand new community and go from there to recruit the youngins' of RuneScape into this new community and aspire to be like how we were at our prime in 07. I hope for the mature players that have stayed can help rebuild the next community into a brighter and more respectful friendly-rivalry-envirorment. Clans will have to realize "mini-wars" are going to take forever to set up and are going to be in the wild, as well as all wars. There will never be a Clanwars to settle your scores. HOPEFULLY, the wilderness eventually gets active, (even with the slow start to an economy) with a lot of randoms and mains like the old wilderness of -2007, and allows pure clans to be the "hunters" that they were designed to be back then, as well as bring the competition this community had from 2010+... with less retarded people and cheap tactics.

All of the hopes do come down to what Jagex do, they hold the key to how many severs there will actually be, and how many people can actually play at a time. Hopefully they'll be able to have 20-50k on at a time, but thats probably so very unlikely, if they don't then it'll take not forever, but the economy and will just never happen.

IVP, I will stick around for this and possibly give it a shot, I mean it's worth it for my childhood's sake, plus I have the time. If you're around and planning on doing something for this, let me know I think it would be cool for us to work together. Again, a great amount needs to happen in order for even there to be any kinda of clan-commitment to this new server.

Would love to see Rs back and this is bringing back so much memories of back in the day. Just like Omni said I would love to see the pure community re-create it self with a younger generation. We are old too old for this, no one at ages 18+ now really has the time or patience to lead a pure clan.

As for the Eco, it will start off very slow but as soon as bots hit it will pick up very quickly. If somehow we get 750k, the glory days could be back.

efsig.png

i heard there will be f2p if we reach 500k votes but we have to pay

Level 4 - 750,000 or more votes:

2007 Servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a larger dedicated development team with no extra membership fee and the free portion of the game available to all.

These servers will receive continuous maintenance, modern anti-bot

technology if necessary and - crucially - regular members' polls to

determine which updates you want to see prioritised.

Level 4 - 750,000 or more votes:

2007 Servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a larger dedicated development team with no extra membership fee and the free portion of the game available to all.

All this says is when we hit level 4/750k votes the free portion of the game will be available to all. All the other levels don't mention anything about the free portion of the game/f2p worlds. So there might just be "free to play" worlds yet you have to pay the additional membership fee which doesn't make it free to play, but the server/world as we know it is f2p. Or f2p world wont be included in any lower levels than 4 which i think is kinda strange cuz 07runescape should be both f2p and p2p worlds.

looking forward to pking in edge with my r2h.........

24ngo4z.png

FOE_Bling_vector.png