Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Ode to Ascendency

Ray

bannersite.png

After two amazing years, Ascendency finally closes its doors. From the very removal of the wilderness, we knew the the pure world grew smaller for community clans like us. In a world of crash or be crashed, flame or be flamed, there was no room for us and no matter how far other clans have tried to pull us in, we chose not to make our own room. It was inevitable that one day, Ascendency would fight its last mini, troll its last Sefket, and breathe its final breath.

At the end of the road, it is not about every person we pked and every war we won, it's about every defining moments we had as a clan. Ascendency was ultimately about friendship and community. The people of Ascendency were not exactly the type that have lives or irl friends, but what we did have was each other. Every morning before we go to school, we would hop onto IRC and say good morning. Every night we would stay up until someone falls asleep with their head on the ctrl button snoring on vent, then we'd have to call him to wake him up.

We remember all the great times we had as a clan. We remember the time we all pmed Sefket simultaneously asking to buy his account, and then having everyone in Ascendency banned from #p.c for the day, which really didn't stop the pms. We remember the time that Sefket died and lost 23 mil. Together, we reached out to him, and then Sefket was no longer upset, he was suicidal.

We remember all the great times with the EST midnight crew, and the amazing victories with the GMT unit. We remember the amazing war against DP where we won a round 56 vs 73. We remember dominating mid level PCL as a low level clan, and the first steps we took into p2p. We also remember I dezza I's beard and all the nightwares we had of it.

The good times we had as Ascendency were countless. I sometimes think back on it and wish I was still there again with the same old people, and I hope that those people, wherever they are right now, feel the same way. I saw my way through many clans after Ascendency, but there wasn't a single clan that was even close to that of Ascendency. The loss of Ascendency is one hole that will never be filled; not with any other clan, not with alcohol, and not even with a million Sefket trolls.

Ascendency has taught me a great number of things throughout the years. Leading Ascendency, I learned a great deal of leadership skills. Working with the amazing staff, I learned a lot of teamwork skills. Talking to people in IRC, I learned what a ***** was. I wish I didn't learn the last one though, but now that it has happened, there is nothing I can do to change things, just like how we cannot always look back on the way things were before. It is time for us to move on, and to let new stories unfold. Ascendency may be gone, but the Ascendency spirit lives on within every single member that used to be a part of it. To every Ascendency member out there, no matter what clan you choose to be join next, I wish that this spirit in you will live on forever.

ascendencypngie1.png

Now I'd like to give a thanks to all those clans that made a difference.

I'd like to thank Divinity for being awesome rivals. You were one of the only respectful clans out there and were a blast to miniwar. I especially liked how Z 0 M Z 0 M would throw a fit every time we beat you guys. We would always capitalize on it by having a troll zom event after every mini we won. Zom got even more angry. It was great lulz.

I'd like to thank Eruption of Pures for being the best role models. We had a joint trip once. We ran into E and Dv fighting, and instead of attacking them or going somewhere else, we stood at the sidelines spamming "anticrash" and killing the few mains that tried to enter the fight. After E cleared Dv, we spammed "Congrats E" and waited until they were fallen in before leaving. It gives us all a feeling of nostalgia remembering the kind of respect clans gave each other back in the old pure world.

I'd like to thank Malice for being a really cool clan. You were the only clan that our midnight mini crew could fight since every other noob clan has early bedtimes. If I wasn't declined from Malice, then today, I would be writing a Malice closing topic saying how great a clan Ascendency is.

I'd like to thank The Venerators for being such a tolerant clan. I never seemed to get your name right, but you never seemed to care much. So thank you very much Venenzio and you made a very good choice joining EOP.

I'd like to thank Intense Redemption for being such a helpful clan and letting us tag along with you guys when we couldn't have our own trips. The fight vs FOE was probably the best fight A has ever had in p2p BH. We are amazed at Zo's talent of miniwarring and watching... certain videos at the same time. Good luck reaching top 3 and I hope nobody ever follows Zo's example.

I'd like to thank Fatality for being an awesome clan. We tagged along with you guys a couple times and made ourselves useful scout killers because nobody in Fatality could attack anyone below lvl 50. Unlike our leader, Fatality's pk leaders don't die in 2 seconds whenever we run into another clan. Addy is ftw.

I'd like to thank Epidemic for always being there. When we had that planned run-in vs EOP, you were there. When we were fighting DP that time, you were there. In fact, pretty much every run-in that I recall, you were there. So thank you for always being there for us Epidemic.

abadge500.png

Ascendency Pride!

090314224053.png

090208203517.png

090315103635.png

Epic moments

090627221146.png

090711161136.png

090715002511.png

9676.png

090501010538.png

Sky High Spams

090711230536.png

090808210132.png

090808211939.png

fullcp2.png

090208204341k.png

090531221631.png

090315085008.png

F2P

090328234141.png

090328232008h.png

090509220730z.png

090327224439.png

P2p

090503213134.png

090503133044.png

090503213134.png

090503211718.png

RIP Ascendency - November 28, 2009

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see such a good clan go. I was A for a while and enjoyed every moment of it. Well...Not every moment, being such a high combat was a downer, I got piled by mains, other than that it was epic :)

Good luck to all the ex-members, whatever you choose to do.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

I always loved Ascendency, you were the most respectable clan out there and in many ways had a humour that reminded me of Malice. It was like having a brother in the clan community.

I remember the weekend when those two noob clans Veneratio and DP declared on us coolcat old schoolers Malice and Ascendency respectively, and we both lost our wars. Somehow I felt a special connection.

It's sad to hear you're going, I hope your members decide to quit this game and keep their future Ascending strictly real life oriented.

MEANINGLESS APHORISM HERE

I'd like to thank Eruption of Pures for being the best role models. We had a joint trip once. We ran into E and Dv fighting, and instead of attacking them or going somewhere else, we stood at the sidelines spamming "anticrash" and killing the few mains that tried to enter the fight. After E cleared Dv, we spammed "Congrats E" and waited until they were fallen in before leaving. It gives us all a feeling of nostalgia remembering the kind of respect clans gave each other back in the old pure world.

Awww thanks ray, Its sad to see ascendency go, but i guess every clan is ganna close or die off some day, and it was just Ascendencys time as for the leaders were too busy with school etc.

I'm glad to say i was a part of Ascendency at a point and that it was probably the most Respected and honourable clan to enter the wilderness.

Rest in Peace, Ascendency.

bestleader.png

#clan-eop www.eop-rs.com

R.I.P

was a great run lads, but for me A died in like July..

thanks for using my Screens Ray :L

~Nico Proud ex-Ascendency Staff Member <3

Proud Ex-Ascendency Council
Proud Ex-Malice Member
Proud Ex-Epidemic Member
Proud Ex-Destructive Pures Member
Proud Founder of the Management

Rip Ascendency, Enjoyed myself while I was in it :cool: .

Will miss you guys :sad: .

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10

We remember the time that Sefket died and lost 23 mil. Together, we reached out to him, and then Sefket was no longer upset, he was suicidal.

We also remember I dezza I's beard and all the nightwares we had of it.

I'd like to thank Epidemic for always being there. When we had that planned run-in vs EOP, you were there. When we were fighting DP that time, you were there. In fact, pretty much every run-in that I recall, you were there. So thank you for always being there for us Epidemic.

lmfao

linux.png
tumblr_mh30drMH0s1riv1cko1_400.gif

<3 A. Best year of my life rs-wize

Z_Illmatic_Z

atk.gif [60/60]str.gif [76/90rng.gif[76/90]] mge.gif [93/94]

24wrlh2.png

Everything wuld eventually come to an end,so try to savour tha moments
cos time fly dont it?the beauty of life its to make it last for the better
cos nuthin lasts fo'eve...Nothin Last forever...Lost Tapes

Wow, it's really saddening to see a clan that could have gone so far close...

Rest in peace, Ascendency.

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

Was fun fighting you guys in the past. You guys really showed us how much we really needed to improve in that PCR war which really changed our clan for the better.

I loved our rivalry, just sad to see you guys didn't come along with us and went down the mountain instead of up.

I was in Ascendency on my noob for like a month during PCL era I remember. You guys were a really nice clan.

Good luck to all of your members, with choosing a new clan or making decisions to stay on RS or whatever.

Hostility