Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

A "Would you rather"

Bryan

So I was playing the "Would you rather" app on my iPod a few days back with some friends, when I got this pretty intense question; "Would you rather save 5 family members or 1 million strangers?" After a lot of debate I couldn't seem to come to a decision.

So what would you guys do? Save 5 family members or 1 million strangers?

Proud Ex-Leader of Carnage

Proud Ex-Manager of TLP

1 million strangers. There's no way I could be selfish enough to pick 5 family members.

Same, cos if anyone it'd be my mom and sister, but since I don't have them, I went with other x]

10447.png

2ppd46g.png

favsm.png

5 family members for sure.

The guilt caused by not saving a million people is not much more than the guilt of not saving 5 people. You feel that you have let people die either way. By not saving 5 family members, there are much greater consequences than just guilt, therefore the cost of saving 5 family members is much more than the cost of not saving 1 million strangers. From a relative point of view, saving 5 family members is the best of two bad situations. Seeing things from a relative point of view is not the absolute correct method, no method is, but it is a viable way of finding solutions to moral dilemmas. Relativity is often criticized that it weighs your own death equally with the destruction of everything else. To you, both situations may seem the same, but most people will see the former option as clearly the better option.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

5 family members for sure.

The guilt caused by not saving a million people is not much more than the guilt of not saving 5 people. You feel that you have let people die either way. By not saving 5 family members, there are much greater consequences than just guilt, therefore the cost of saving 5 family members is much more than the cost of not saving 1 million strangers. From a relative point of view, saving 5 family members is the best of two bad situations. Seeing things from a relative point of view is not the absolute correct method, no method is, but it is a viable way of finding solutions to moral dilemmas. Relativity is often criticized that it weighs your own death equally with the destruction of everything else. To you, both situations may seem the same, but most people will see the former option as clearly the better option.

Superfluous post is superfluous. It seems like you contradicted yourself more than once in that post.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

5 IR members

Rofl.

I'd rather save 5 family members, if these 1 million strangers are completely unknown to me and are not friends or people I know.

Plus I honestly think I'd feel worse about myself if I let 5 family members die instead.

TGGBanner2.png

Proud Leader of The Golden Gods

One Million People.

Even if there are "way to many people", its LIFE. I'm sure that if your family members are cool, they'd understand that even if they were family, one million people is worth more. How?

Life. Life is worth more than other substance on this planet. Without life, there's no Earth. Even if there are way too many people alive nowadays, you have to understand that even if there are, people were born for a reason, to live. One million people/5 family members = 200K people per every member. So you're willing to risk one million people for five family members? Life is a necessity on this world. For all we know, you save your family members then everyone dies.

unled2af.png
besttank1.png

Life isn't measured with addition and subtraction

5 Family members

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

One Million People.

Even if there are "way to many people", its LIFE. I'm sure that if your family members are cool, they'd understand that even if they were family, one million people is worth more. How?

Life. Life is worth more than other substance on this planet. Without life, there's no Earth. Even if there are way too many people alive nowadays, you have to understand that even if there are, people were born for a reason, to live. One million people/5 family members = 200K people per every member. So you're willing to risk one million people for five family members? Life is a necessity on this world. For all we know, you save your family members then everyone dies.

Population control

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png