Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Reasons to join a clan?!

M4G1CA

Hi, I have no intention to start a clan, so no; this will not be used to my benefit or anything (hah.) I thought it would just be interested what pures look for when they join a pure clan.

I'll now list several aspects that may be considered before one joins a clan, and you can use your personal opinion to rate these based on their relative importance. Please DEFINE and use REASONS WHY. A 10/10 beside 'Defence Average' could mean that it's important to you for a clan to have a high defence average OR that you look for a low defence average in a clan while a 0/10 means you just don't care.

Overview:

Friends:

I think I can speak for everybody when I say that one of the primary reasons I've joined a clan is because of the friends I already had that resided in it. To many this may very well be the most important aspect of joining a clan, but there are also instances when one has friends in seperate clans, and so cannot use this as the sole argument. Also, the case of not having ANY friends (don't scream "ANTISOCIAL LOL" so fast; perhaps somebody is new to the pure world!) could be taken into account.

This should be pretty clear; Do you join the clan that just opened without any reputation to help build it, join a clan with a high reputation to have some of the glory for yourself or a clan with a horrible reputation because you just don't care? Reputation can be anything from how good the community is, how awesome the leader is, to how fun the trips are supposed to be (it's a wide area but for these subjects one can never be certain until you've joined)

Level Average:

You're a level 100 pure (is that possible?) and may not be too keen on joining a group of 50s.

Defence Average:

You're joining a pure clan on an account you believe to be a pure. For some, clans with a huge defence average can be a turn-off when choosing a clan for that reason. However, people with different definitions of 'pure' or somebody who cannot bear losing may see this as an acceptable advantage.

Defence Maximum:

Perhaps you ****** up too many times and cannot join that clan you've always wanted to join; Would you go through the process of making a new pure, going RUNE pure or just joining whatever clan is lenient with it's Defence Maximum. To some, a high Defence Maximum may signal weakness in a clan.

The Look:

Some of us get suckered in when we see beautiful graphics or sophisticated clansites, making it seem more professional to us. Then again, there are those of us who wouldn't care if he used RuneScape forums with text-based signatures.

To make things easier for you all here's a small code you can copy:

Friends:[b]Reputation:[/b][b]Level Average:[/b][b]Defence Average:[/b][b]Defence Maximum:[/b][b]The Look:[/b]

MEANINGLESS APHORISM HERE

you missed a lot of important ones like leaders, ability, ranks

I didn't miss ****

"Reputation can be anything from how good the community is, how awesome the leader is, to how fun the trips are supposed to be (it's a wide area but for these subjects one can never be certain until you've joined)"

Friends: Can vary.

Level Average: - My level.

Defence Average: - Pures 20- def. 30 def is rare, but I'll still join.

Defence Maximum: 30

The Look: Cool

YAY.png
Plnkaroundme | Proud Ex-Corrupt Pures General | Ex-Warring God
I Don't Scape Anymore

Friends: important

Level Average: 70-90 with a few 90+ but when on trips I cant help like 11 people it's annoying

Defence Average: 1-20

Defence Maximum:30 even tho I dislike it..

The Look: I do care

tlpsplat2wv6.png

If I was rating the importance of each quality...

Friends: 7/10 - usually I look at clans that my friends have joined.

Level Average: 10/10 -hopefully around 75+ combat, less than 85 avg.

Defence Average: 5/10 -low averages = better

Defence Maximum: 3/10 -clans like FOE who have more 1 def pures apeal to me

The Look: 4/10 - not that important, but if you have black forums... yeah nty. Small text annoys my too :\. Also, sexy team capes like eop or foe or mm's = bonus.

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

If I was rating the importance of each quality...

Friends: 7/10 - usually I look at clans that my friends have joined.

Level Average: 10/10 -hopefully around 75+ combat, less than 85 avg.

Defence Average: 5/10 -low averages = better

Defence Maximum: 3/10 -clans like FOE who have more 1 def pures apeal to me

The Look: 4/10 - not that important, but if you have black forums... yeah nty. Small text annoys my too :\. Also, sexy team capes like eop or foe or mm's = bonus.

For future referance; This is what I was how I meant it to be done

I didn't miss ****

"Reputation can be anything from how good the community is, how awesome the leader is, to how fun the trips are supposed to be (it's a wide area but for these subjects one can never be certain until you've joined)"

How is reputation equivalent to the staff's ability to lead n00b. Your perception of a leader and his actual leading ability are two different things

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Friends:10/10 If I don't have any friends in the clan, there's no way I'm joining.

Reputation:2/10 I don't really care that much what others think of the clan, the only thing that matters is my thoughts on it.

Level Average:5/10 I don't mind if the majority are higher, if I have about 20 close to my level, I'm fine.

Defence Average:10/10 The lower the average, the better.

Defence Maximum:10/10 I want to be in a clan with pures. If your clan has people with new prayers and adamant, I won't be interested.

The Look:5/10 Don't really care about sites, I'm not very forum active. Outfits and graphics are always a nice touch, though.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

I prefer clans that have to be built and that are fairly new. It makes making it to the top all the better. Friends are important when determining where you want to go, i'd give it a 9/10. Another factor that is overlooked is how dedicated and hard working the staff needs to be as a whole. Are they making a hostile environment? or a positive one? - 10/10

regisv.png

Friends: 5/10 - Can make friends in a clan you join, but it's always nice to join a clan that your friends are in already.

Reputation: 9/10 - This was important to me in the past, but reputation in the clan world nowadays is all about how much propoganda can be spread by their rivals.

Level Average: 2/10 - Not very important as long as the clan is able to pk together in the wilderness.

Defence Average: 5/10 - Wouldn't particularly want to join a clan with a lot of 20+ defence but not overly fussed either seeing as most top clans bring mains now. It's impossible to get the true defence average of any pure clan anyway as defence isn't ranked on highscores and not everyone is P2P so the adventure logs average isn't accurate.

Defence Maximum: 0/10 - A clan can have it's maximum accepted level as 30 defence and still have everyone in the clan under 10 defence.

The Look: 8/10 - Would prefer to join a clan with sophisticated forums and a nice look about them rather then a clan that looks like as if it was founded on RSB.

Friends: 1/10 - You can make new friends in the clan.

Level Average: 10/10 Dont get why theres some 80s and 90s in low level clans...

Defence Average:10/10 Would rather have everyone 1-10.

Defence Maximum:10/10 1-20 MAX. Don't see why clans are allowing 30 defence but will it make a huge difference? Clans getting flammed for people over with 25 defence so why bring more?

The Look:10/10 if you have some lame boring forum I doubt people will be registering and interacting on the forums. Grapics make it even better!

Friends: 10/10 why are you in a clan? to have fun. Friends make being in a clan more fun so they are very important.

Reputation: 6/10 Not massively important but it is nice if you have a good reputation e.g. the clan doesn't flame too much is nice friendly approachable honour pkers etc.

Level Average:8/10 When your having fun in a clan it's quite important that you have people your level so you can interact in game as well as on forums/irc to pk etc.

Defence Average: 4/10 Preferably Low defence average but you can't really calculate that accurately as aforementioned so not that important really aslong as there are people with similar stats to you, falls more into the level avareage category.

Defence Maximum: 8/10 I believe the maximum def level should be 30 but that's just me alot of people **** up and get 31 or get it willingly for whatever reason should they be booted from the clan for going 1 level over maximum? up to clan leaders to decide. As aforementioned the def maximum could be 30 and still have of an average of 10.

The Look: 8/10 The forums should be preety crisp inviting and welcoming as to attract new members and serve as a home for current clan members the better it looks the more homely it is.

My perspective don't bother arguing with me it's pointless :blush:

eop.png

"The Eruption has already begun move out the way or feel the heat."

Friends:5/10 Nuff said.

Reputation:8/10 If the clan is good can attract good quality members if the clan is nh will attract all the bad boys.

Level Average:6/10 I don't really think it matters unless its clan wars.

Defence Average:0/10 You can't get the def average out of a pure clan anyways.

Defence Maximum:6/10 1-20 nuff said.

The Look:8/10