Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Trolling, lost it's meaning.

Karl

Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

Let's pick out the important parts

trying to get a rise out of someone

posting incorrect information

Forcing them to respond to you

asking blatantly stupid questions

trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such

statements are meant to be funny to some people

So what isn't a troll?

"Your clan sucks so bad blah blah blah"

Simply isn't a troll, you're directly flaming someones clan. Yet people still claim they are trolling.

Discuss.

Oh and btw, this isn't in the spam section, so post constructively, otherwise don't post at all.

Flaming:-

An online argument that becomes nasty or derisive, where insulting a party to the discussion takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much anything can be labelled trolling.

The problem is not the troll, but the person who feeds him. They need to be intelligent enough to know when and where to defend their ideas/beliefs.

Look at wild animals in a safari. The signs say not to feed the animals, as they may become unruly and attack/get out of hand. People feed them anyway all the time, and **** happens.

Who is to blame, the animal, or the person who fed said animal?

In my opinion, the same applies to trolling over the internet, and why you see more and more forums and *cough* messageboards/imageboards not doing anything to stop/prevent it.

my ¢0.02

Smite.gif

Attack Evoking (level-81) / 4 more options

Attack-icon.png60/60|Strength-icon.png99/99|Defence-icon.png1/1|Hitpoints-icon.png92/99|Ranged-icon.png99/99|Magic-icon.png95/99|Prayer-icon.png52/52

intenseredemptions.png

strengthcapet.gif [X]Fire_cape.PNG [ ] rangingcapet.gif [X] magiccapet.png [ ] Hitpoints-cape-(t)-inv.png [ ] Team_cape_26.png[X]

P.S. If you're not 52 prayer or higher, you are an 09/10 Pker.

Troll = "Tgg have probably one of the best clan names ever and have been around the longest"

Flame = "u ******* suck ****"

TH IS MY ONE

Troll = "Tgg have probably one of the best clan names ever and have been around the longest"

Flame = "u ******* suck ****"

Troll is incorrect, TGG was the boss. (I'm not trolling, honest, I was TGG leader >.>)

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Trolling is an excuse made for people to act like idiots

This

And Trolling only suceeds depending on the person.

Other individuals just look like pathetic begs, that are trying too hard.

I can name quite a few on this forum.

Fragile
Please handle with care
swagga.gif

Pretty much anything can be labelled trolling.

The problem is not the troll, but the person who feeds him. They need to be intelligent enough to know when and where to defend their ideas/beliefs.

Look at wild animals in a safari. The signs say not to feed the animals, as they may become unruly and attack/get out of hand. People feed them anyway all the time, and **** happens.

Who is to blame, the animal, or the person who fed said animal?

In my opinion, the same applies to trolling over the internet, and why you see more and more forums and *cough* messageboards/imageboards not doing anything to stop/prevent it.

my ¢0.02

Hey I think I know you

Trolling is nothing. It's a safeguard/catch-all excuse for when you make yourself look like an idiot.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Troll is correct, TGG sucked. (I'm not trolling, honest, I was TGG leader >.>)
TH IS MY ONE

the stupidest people are when they get caught by the troll, then when they find out its a troll, act like they knew it all a long.

Actually, it's the people that think they can troll.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

who cares its the internet dumb brit

This is recent, like a week and a half ago. Some girl was bullied and tormented in school and over the internet unrelentingly until she committed suicide. Some people really take things too far, for example this quote out of a related article:

http://www.fedsmith.com/article/2386/bulli...gs-herself.html

Any hope that the perpetrators would be mortified by the fact that their behavior had caused Phoebe to kill herself was dashed by the posting of taunting comments on her Facebook memorial page.

Was not specified in this particular article, but those "taunting comments" included a picture of a noose with her head photoshopped in. People think there are no consequences to their behavior over the internet, which is why they take things entirely too far. FYI, the girls who bullied Phoebe should soon be facing criminal charges. Multiple of those supposed anonymous 4chan users have also been charged for criminal actions.

Just follow The Golden Rule and you'll be fine

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

This is recent, like a week and a half ago. Some girl was bullied and tormented in school and over the internet unrelentingly until she committed suicide. Some people really take things too far, for example this quote out of a related article:

http://www.fedsmith.com/article/2386/bulli...gs-herself.html

Was not specified in this particular article, but those "taunting comments" included a picture of a noose with her head photoshopped in. People think there are no consequences to their behavior over the internet, which is why they take things entirely too far. FYI, the girls who bullied Phoebe should soon be facing criminal charges. Multiple of those supposed anonymous 4chan users have also been charged for criminal actions.

Just follow The Golden Rule and you'll be fine

She had self-esteem issues as was tormented at school. I Guarantee you 99.9% of people will not go out and kill themselves after getting trolled over the internet.

Anyways, people have committed suicide over stranger things.

Also, if you want to blame anyone, It should be the school board for allowing that kind of ******** to go on in school.

Smite.gif

Attack Evoking (level-81) / 4 more options

Attack-icon.png60/60|Strength-icon.png99/99|Defence-icon.png1/1|Hitpoints-icon.png92/99|Ranged-icon.png99/99|Magic-icon.png95/99|Prayer-icon.png52/52

intenseredemptions.png

strengthcapet.gif [X]Fire_cape.PNG [ ] rangingcapet.gif [X] magiccapet.png [ ] Hitpoints-cape-(t)-inv.png [ ] Team_cape_26.png[X]

P.S. If you're not 52 prayer or higher, you are an 09/10 Pker.