Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The Most Useless Skill In Runescape?

penguinz0

For years, I've messed around with 99 Attack accounts and have found leveling them past 70 to be a futile waste of my life. Lately, I've been using a 99 Defence account and learned that 99 Defence was worse than 99 attack. Current account is 99 Attack, 95 Strength, 99 Defence. And it can't kill a person to save its life. But it can die to whip rune when using Barrows Godsword.

But, this got me thinking. I've used a Handcannon and noticed raising your firemaking does save your cash there. It's also a way to raise woodcutting without banking. I see more of a use for FM than Defence of Attack. I've heard of other "useless skills" Cooking and Fletching among them. (with Treasure Trails and bad loot, is there really a shortage of magic bows?)

I was curious what the community thought the worst skill was, why they think so, and how they could improve it.

Cole-Blitz

PM if you need assistance.

Farming, I don't even know what it's used for tbh.

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

Farming, I don't even know what it's used for tbh.

was a huge moneymaker when i played. no idea if it still is though.

I quit right before it came out, and never got into it when I started again.

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

Smithing, honestly who makes their own amour

I liked the mage xp from smithing.

Dungeoneering. HOW THE FREAK DO YOU EVEN DO THAT STUFF!#?

Besides, everything you do in it is the same as other skills.

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

They are all quite 'useless', but Jagex has made it so that it seems they do serve a purpose, when in actuality, you could go through Runescape without ever needing any of the non-combat skills (except for quest requirements). Why? You gain so much money from combat you could just buy what you need from shops, not players, and level to 99 that way.

They want us to think that the skills are inter-connected (Farming -> Herblore;Woodcutting;Agility;Magic: Smithing -> Mining;Defense;Attack;Magic), but in all honesty these connections are not 'solid' enough to make the skills moe useful than having a ton of GP. Any of those 'connections' can be bridged by having 2mill or more.

Through combat you can gain anywhere from 10mill to 200m an hour. No skill will gain you that much money consistently ever. You'll barely ever be able to make 1mill/Hr with the skills that are most favourable with prices right now. This lopsidedness makes skills useless.

There is no point to reach level 99 in a non-comat skill for any reasons other than:

- To brag

- It looks 'nice'

- Rank higher on the Hiscores

You think it will serve you better? Dgaf it and go to God Wars and you'll make enough money to cover everything you'd have gotten from whatever skill you would want to train to 99.

Furthermore, the PCR materials needed in order to make these skills useful are getting too expensive. In majority of cases if you buy the required items to make an end product, you will lose money. Fletching, Herblore, Smithing, Magic, Farming...etc. If you buy item X and item Y to make product N, product N will cost less than X+Y. So what is the point? You're not getting rewarded for that level 80 or level 99 you have in that skill at all. Your time and effort you've put into that skill is not getting rewarded by being able to make even a 100gp profit.

Some skills will appear to become more useful as prices change and fluctuate but ultimately you're better off doing something combat related.

------

If you want to skip the above though and 'think' the skills are useful in some other way, then I'd say the most useless skill would be a tie between Woodcutting, Firemaking, Hunter, & Prayer.

The easiest thing to know is that the skill that was the least thought out upon release was Hunter & Dungoneering. Most likely Hunter by a hair. There is no point to Hunter other than what Hunter provides to us from the skill itself. Other skills do not require it, it does not affect anything in Runescape at all and why do we need to have a skill that teaches us to 'catch' animals that exist in only several remote locations? Sure you get chins, spottier capes & some other useful items but they're not mandatory or required for something else in any other skill. You didn't get these items without having to have level 60 in another skill, you just got them. Hunter is just all inner-connected, not inter-connected. There is no reason why we need to learn how to trap & catch animals when this is not a part of Runescape at all. There is seriously no reason to have Hunter in the game. It does provide useful items but what was the point of Hunter, besides the items we got from it?

Hunter, Summoning & Slayer should have all been inter-connected somehow. Would have made them stand on their own and provide uses for the end-product of these three skills in combat or in non-combat skills. Instead these skills do not overlay unless one of the items they provide are useful for that skill. But the skills themselves do not play off of each other like how Mining & Smithing do, or Woodcutting & Fletching do, or Range & Fletching (for training).

Slayer is a solid skill in its own right but it still lacks a real purpose.

This starts to get into how Runescape has no 'depth' or 'master plan' of how everything works together. It's also why other than technical achievements, Runescape is just a novelty item of the past in my opinion. Regular MMO players should see no interest in Runescape. Pures/Pkers, we only keep playing because the combat is unique, not great, just it is different and feels different than other games like WoW or fail asian MMOs.

Pure Annihilation!

They are all quite 'useless', but Jagex has made it so that it seems they do serve a purpose, when in actuality, you could go through Runescape without ever needing any of the non-combat skills (except for quest requirements). Why? You gain so much money from combat you could just buy what you need from shops, not players, and level to 99 that way.

They want us to think that the skills are inter-connected (Farming -> Herblore;Woodcutting;Agility;Magic: Smithing -> Mining;Defense;Attack;Magic), but in all honesty these connections are not 'solid' enough to make the skills moe useful than having a ton of GP. Any of those 'connections' can be bridged by having 2mill or more.

Through combat you can gain anywhere from 10mill to 200m an hour. No skill will gain you that much money consistently ever. You'll barely ever be able to make 1mill/Hr with the skills that are most favourable with prices right now. This lopsidedness makes skills useless.

There is no point to reach level 99 in a non-comat skill for any reasons other than:

- To brag

- It looks 'nice'

- Rank higher on the Hiscores

You think it will serve you better? Dgaf it and go to God Wars and you'll make enough money to cover everything you'd have gotten from whatever skill you would want to train to 99.

Furthermore, the PCR materials needed in order to make these skills useful are getting too expensive. In majority of cases if you buy the required items to make an end product, you will lose money. Fletching, Herblore, Smithing, Magic, Farming...etc. If you buy item X and item Y to make product N, product N will cost less than X+Y. So what is the point? You're not getting rewarded for that level 80 or level 99 you have in that skill at all. Your time and effort you've put into that skill is not getting rewarded by being able to make even a 100gp profit.

Some skills will appear to become more useful as prices change and fluctuate but ultimately you're better off doing something combat related.

------

If you want to skip the above though and 'think' the skills are useful in some other way, then I'd say the most useless skill would be a tie between Woodcutting, Firemaking, Hunter, & Prayer.

The easiest thing to know is that the skill that was the least thought out upon release was Hunter & Dungoneering. Most likely Hunter by a hair. There is no point to Hunter other than what Hunter provides to us from the skill itself. Other skills do not require it, it does not affect anything in Runescape at all and why do we need to have a skill that teaches us to 'catch' animals that exist in only several remote locations? Sure you get chins, spottier capes & some other useful items but they're not mandatory or required for something else in any other skill. You didn't get these items without having to have level 60 in another skill, you just got them. Hunter is just all inner-connected, not inter-connected. There is no reason why we need to learn how to trap & catch animals when this is not a part of Runescape at all. There is seriously no reason to have Hunter in the game. It does provide useful items but what was the point of Hunter, besides the items we got from it?

Hunter, Summoning & Slayer should have all been inter-connected somehow. Would have made them stand on their own and provide uses for the end-product of these three skills in combat or in non-combat skills. Instead these skills do not overlay unless one of the items they provide are useful for that skill. But the skills themselves do not play off of each other like how Mining & Smithing do, or Woodcutting & Fletching do, or Range & Fletching (for training).

Slayer is a solid skill in its own right but it still lacks a real purpose.

This starts to get into how Runescape has no 'depth' or 'master plan' of how everything works together. It's also why other than technical achievements, Runescape is just a novelty item of the past in my opinion. Regular MMO players should see no interest in Runescape. Pures/Pkers, we only keep playing because the combat is unique, not great, just it is different and feels different than other games like WoW or fail asian MMOs.

Oh my god..

Mining rofl

barrows godsword means wielding godsword and wearing barrows armour

tbh i dont think its the defence thats useless. its the new turmoil **** that overpowers people

i was about to say if no one realized what that meant youre all morons

and attack is the most useless, not only bc its useless but bc its the only skill that really ruins an account. defence at least makes you realize pures are **** after around 90 cb. but attack is just a ******* joke after 80