Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Competition Fueled By Hatred?

Skillzy

It's not unknown that each clan ever created has one purpose: to be #1. Each founder comes up with an idea that either makes or breaks his clan, whether it be to allow 30+ def or to be ignorant and run his or her clan as a total dictatorship. He or she believes that they're always right, and that anything which comes out of their mouth is law.

True, some of these clans can survive, but most cannot. I've never been in many clans before, in fact, I've only ever been in one clan: Fatality. I have never experienced different styles of leadership whether it be to leading or organizing their clan. You could say that my opinion is flawed or in fact totally incorrect, but once again, it's an opinion.

Let's say Person A creates Pure Clan A. He's been in clans all of his life, and he knows how to run one. His ego sometimes gets in the way of his leading abilities, and he finds himself making irrational decisions without the advisement of his rank team. He decides to promote mains on his pk trip, mass recruits from other clans, allow his members to flame, and ultimately, does whatever the hell he wants. He has caused his clan's reputation to go down the toilet.

Now, Pure Clan B is the total opposite, but they are still just as good. They compete with Pure Clan A every weekend with both clans winning and losing. Each is in a tight race, and anything can happen to decide their fates.

Pure Clan A decides to do something horrible. They hack the leader, thinking that they can beat them by doing that. But Pure Clan C, an upcoming pure clan, feels sorry for Pure Clan B and steps in to help defeat Pure Clan A. Others come to the aide of Pure Clan B A, all having a reason for doing so, and all of a sudden, it's World War III.

So, my point is, can competition lead to hatred, ultimately leading into the downfall of the pure community? Obviously clans are going to hate each other, but can too much hatred be bad? Or, on the other hand, can it be good? Does the pure community need hatred to survive and keep things interesting?

I believe that hatred has scarred the pure community to the point where it will be hard to heal. The ddosing/phishing/hacking has gone out of control. All of this, one way or another, was sparked by some insignificant incident that caused one clan to hate another. It could also be the fact that many of us are young adult or teenage boys who have a drive to win. Winning, to us, is more important than anything in this world. We would lose $1000 gambling if the person we were gambling against a person whom we truly hated.

I may have rambled a bit, but I hope you get my point. Some of you may post immature responses, and I expect that, but I've been thinking about this for awhile, and after someone created the "Top 3 Rivals" topic, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

skillzy.png

skillzyuga.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude seriously...

runescape is taken way too serious. 9/10 people here that are going to read this know that when they view the clan warfare section 95% of the posts there just bait another clan and it's just all in all bullocks.

This game is made up of pixelated Avatars Oka: 'Characters' and people just take it way too serious.

Sometimes I wonder if kids come on the internet to feel stronger about themself or something.

Hatred and tension will be unfortunately one of the things that will happen within clanning, it's not just pure clans it's Mains too. You always will hear about so and so's forums being hacked, or so and so's leader being phished, bruteforced, etc all that hacking **** that just doesn't need to happen.

Peoples' TS's get DDoS'd, Sites get hit offline, leaders get hit offline, all in all it's bull ****.

Making a topic to plead for change won't be enough sadly, I don't see this changing.

Nice post anywho.

I think your labeling got messed up which makes this very confusing. Competition can lead to hatred but hatred doesn't really have anything to do with the survival of pures and pure clans in general, just positive relationships between them, which are arguably second place to competition in the first place.

Lootersmall.png

Proud Ex-AAO
Proud Current Negative Council

~Brakkio_mage / Thunderbound

yes it can lead to hatred, which it often does unfortuneatly. by doing that u can control & manipulate ur members much easier, its been a very common tactique in foe the past few years while I was in that clan.

dunno about other clans. im not experiencing it in MM in the same serious way at all, its more like looking down on other clans, making fun of etc etc, not actual hatred.

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

Sometimes I wonder if kids come on the internet to feel stronger about themself or something.

Sometimes I wonder if kids come on the internet to try and make the world a better place.

Taylor_Swiftb.jpg

It's not unknown that each clan ever created has one purpose: to be #1. Each founder comes up with an idea that either makes or breaks his clan, whether it be to allow 30+ def or to be ignorant and run his or her clan as a total dictatorship. He or she believes that they're always right, and that anything which comes out of their mouth is law.

True, some of these clans can survive, but most cannot. I've never been in many clans before, in fact, I've only ever been in one clan: Fatality. I have never experienced different styles of leadership whether it be to leading or organizing their clan. You could say that my opinion is flawed or in fact totally incorrect, but once again, it's an opinion.

Let's say Person A creates Pure Clan B. He's been in clans all of his life, and he knows how to run one. His ego sometimes gets in the way of his leading abilities, and he finds himself making irrational decisions without the advisement of his rank team. He decides to promote mains on his pk trip, mass recruits from other clans, allow his members to flame, and ultimately, does whatever the hell he wants. He has caused his clan's reputation to go down the toilet.

Now, Pure Clan B is the total opposite, but they are still just as good. They compete with Pure Clan A every weekend with both clans winning and losing. Each is in a tight race, and anything can happen to decide their fates.

Pure Clan A decides to do something horrible. They hack the leader, thinking that they can beat them by doing that. But Pure Clan C, an upcoming pure clan, feels sorry for Pure Clan B and steps in to help defeat Pure Clan A. Others come to the aide of Pure Clan B A, all having a reason for doing so, and all of a sudden, it's World War III.

So, my point is, can competition lead to hatred, ultimately leading into the downfall of the pure community? Obviously clans are going to hate each other, but can too much hatred be bad? Or, on the other hand, can it be good? Does the pure community need hatred to survive and keep things interesting?

I believe that hatred has scarred the pure community to the point where it will be hard to heal. The ddosing/phishing/hacking has gone out of control. All of this, one way or another, was sparked by some insignificant incident that caused one clan to hate another. It could also be the fact that many of us are young adult or teenage boys who have a drive to win. Winning, to us, is more important than anything in this world. We would lose $1000 gambling if the person we were gambling against a person whom we truly hated.

I may have rambled a bit, but I hope you get my point. Some of you may post immature responses, and I expect that, but I've been thinking about this for awhile, and after someone created the "Top 3 Rivals" topic, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Dude seriously...

runescape is taken way too serious. 9/10 people here that are going to read this know that when they view the clan warfare section 95% of the posts there just bait another clan and it's just all in all bullocks.

This game is made up of pixelated Avatars Oka: 'Characters' and people just take it way too serious.

Hatred and tension will be unfortunately one of the things that will happen within clanning, it's not just pure clans it's Mains too. You always will hear about so and so's forums being hacked, or so and so's leader being phished, bruteforced, etc all that hacking **** that just doesn't need to happen.

Peoples' TS's get DDoS'd, Sites get hit offline, leaders get hit offline, all in all it's bull ****.

Making a topic to plead for change won't be enough sadly, I don't see this changing.

Nice post anywho.

This guy is right. Some people take this way to seriously, including myself in my younger and naive days. Umadbro? Yes people actually get very mad at others and have hatred for others on the internet. It is weird but it exist in RuneScape.

1.)Winning by all means is what pure clans do now.

2.) All people care about is their clan's image(rank-wise).

Reality is that some people take this game seriously. Competition is fueled by hatred since it makes it easy to manipulate members.

People justify these things claiming them to be "fun" when all i honestly see is kids raging on the internet.

Interesting topic, I don't think it can change much of the **** going on in the runescape community though.

Meh. All clans care about is winning now adays. Leaders fill there members with propoganda, members get ddosed, Sites get hit offline, but to be frank, we can make all the topics we want complaining about this stuff, but that wont stop it from happening.

:starwars: