Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Response to Elmo

Arrow

Similarly to what I posted on his topic but in a shorter form:

Back when teleporting and praying were an issue that was actually considered dishonorable ddosing did not exist, and hacking was because of stupidity not because there were active mechanisms to trap people such as phishing, drivebys etc.

We were all young. We didn't have access or know how to do go this far. The only people who got hacked were people who trusted someone else.

I propose the following:

We redefine Honor and the PureWarfare Community takes a HARD stance on hacking/ddosing.

Honor Today includes teleing/praying/tagging all that ********. Thats all apart of gameplay and keeping it in game is honestly fine. You should do everything you possibly can in a game to win, as long as it is IN GAME.

Placing an emphasize on in game **** that you can't do has just masked the real problem with people making fallacies such as your less likely to ddos if your not teleporting in game. Thats retarded and its not true. **** half of us have second accounts that we tele on, but do half of us hack/scam/ddos?

Vote amongst yourselves that the leaders of the Big Honor clans collectively repeal Teleing/Praying and other in game ****, and focus on removing scum bags who hack and ddos.

I think it would be ideal for each clan leader to post on this. I can guarantee that MM/FOE/TLP/EOP/FI or any other major honor clan I may have forgot does not allow teleing because they fear the response or sense of failure that might come with it.

If everyone else does it. You can't fail. It becomes the norm.

So with that said focus on the real dishonorable problem. Not a image of the past. Enforce real honor.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png
Member of Foe & Leader of Goats

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also remove MM's ******* ******** ban from posting on pure warfare, as an effort on behalf of the Pure Warfare staff to reunite the community under new common ideals.

Crashing something is part of something in game. They didn't ddos every clans TS and then hit and crash them like headless chickens. You fix nothing in this community by banning a major power player on the weekends for acting IN GAME.

Anyone whose against it is ******* retarded. If your EOP and want to hurt MM who do you fight in F2p? and if your FOE and want to hurt MM who do you fight in P2p? Community only exists if there is people to form it. Remove the ban, let them add to the conversation.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png

Yes PW should take a hard stance on ddosing and hacking, but tom getting hacked wasn't anything to do with the clan he was in, it was for money. They tried to get tom to give them his bank pin with the threat of training defence. Normally I don't really care what the boys do but when they are getting people defence it gets abit dodgy, money can be remade you cant remove defence levels :(

tumblr_lxryz7QHLZ1qdmlvgo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyxuqyXRqx1qdmlvgo1_400.gif

Good topic. However, this community can't even set a def limit to itself, which is something that's supposed to define us. Also lifting the ban on MM here won't do anything, we're not coming back.

30nj3p2.gif

^13th'd^

Yes PW should take a hard stance on ddosing and hacking, but tom getting hacked wasn't anything to do with the clan he was in, it was for money. They tried to get tom to give them his bank pin with the threat of training defence. Normally I don't really care what the boys do but when they are getting people defence it gets abit dodgy, money can be remade you cant remove defence levels :(

The reasoning behind it doesn't matter. If they are hacking for GP or if they are hacking out of vengeance or spite.

Reality is if nothing is done about it now, it will happen again in the future.

It also doesn't change the fact that clans have been lax on ddosing and hacking. I know for a fact that most of you know someone who does **** and so do the leaders but its the whole "without solid proof and public embaressment I turn the other cheek"

If you can form a renewed set of community ideals. You can change a shrinking ****** community into a good one.

1) One of the ideals thats a hot topic right now is defense. Reality is no matter how badly MM or NME or an LPC clan wants to change it, it won't change the peoples accounts are already 30 def. So instead lets fix it with gear. No addy on Trips like Havoc just did. All of PCL should be 1 def. In order to post a topic on PW aftermath it has to be 1 def armour. Yeah I agree for those that think its a problem it doesn't completely solve it, but it meets them half way and thats ALL you can ask.

2) Honor: Redefine it. If you want to pk without teleports go ahead. Clans agree to a code here and now that we focus on getting rid of hacking and ddosing and focus on everyone having fun. Maybe its refined in the sense of No Teleporting on Saturday/Sunday trips - that way if one clan bests the other everyone dies out honorably. I see nothing wrong with that.

3) Hacking/DDosing: Let this define the new sense of honor. Any clan that refuses to take action, or shelters someone who hacks or Ddos's gets a warning from a PW Mod. if they don't act accordingly they dont post their aftermaths until **** is solved. They dont participate in PCL, and they don't participate in any PW event.

The goal at the end of the day should encourage people to play the game. The more people who play the more action there is for all. With that said if people aren't pking as clans because they can't be ****** to lose gear, or maybe its bringing a yak to wests, not having fun yourself, and everyone who fights you thinks its gay... what are you doing? Hacking people and ddosing teamspeaks obviously don't lead to more events/fun - maybe the cheap laugh that the person whose doing it gets, but it restricts the other party - restircting action.

It will be interesting to see what happens or if ill have to read a topic 3 monthes from now "Legendary Failed Again hacked for 58 defense"

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png

Good topic. However, this community can't even set a def limit to itself, which is something that's supposed to define us. Also lifting the ban on MM here won't do anything, we're not coming back.

You can't control the way in which jagex updates the game. It happened. People took advantage of it. Your no better then someone who is 30 def. Your definition is just different. Come to the table half way on the issue. You don't need to accept 30 def yourself, but its time to cut the crap and not preach to others how they play their runescape.com account.

MM is just as integral as any other clan. They should remove the ban, you guys should start posting and be apart of the community solution that has to do with out of game ****. Before you can do this though you need to be humble enough to know you can't change how a 14 year old kid levels his runescape account.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png

You say that we need to take a "HARD stance on hacking/ddosing.".

Let me just clear this up for everyone to stop them wasting any more time discussing it.

We cannot stop what people do, how could we possibly stop it? If a clan is known for DDoSing and we stop them posting on here, it achieves nothing, they'd continue to DDoS and probably aim extra attacks towards us. Resulting in nothing changing, at all. Hacking, that's all down to Jagex to figure out a way to stop it being possible. Look at Facebook, their security is actually pretty damn effective. If an IP is not recognised on your account, or a location, then you need to verify it via text before you can login. That's something Jagex definitely needs to look in to doing.

Also, this is aimed towards Zyox. "this community can't even set a def limit to itself" I'm not sure if you're referring to the Pure World, or Pure Warfare if you're referring to the latter. Then no, we cannot, it's not up to us to set it it's directly up to the leaders of the clans. As I said about DDoSing, if we stopped a clan posting here because of their defence they'd still continue to accept defence and still take part in weekend trips against other clans.

All of this has gone way too far now and it is completely out of PW's control. The only ones that can have any effect is the clan leaders. It's all on them to start to punish people who DDoS, hack, etc. If you want honour back it's also down to the clan leaders to enforce that too and punish miscreants.

None of you wanted to hear that, but Pure Warfare can do nothing, we've tried and failed because the clans don't care. It's only certain individuals that give a damn and that isn't enough to bring change.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Let me just clear this up for everyone to stop them wasting any more time discussing it.

We cannot stop what people do, how could we possibly stop it? If a clan is known for DDoSing and we stop them posting on here, it achieves nothing, they'd continue to DDoS and probably aim extra attacks towards us. Resulting in nothing changing, at all. Hacking, that's all down to Jagex to figure out a way to stop it being possible. Look at Facebook, their security is actually pretty damn effective. If an IP is not recognised on your account, or a location, then you need to verify it via text before you can login. That's something Jagex definitely needs to look in to doing.

Also, this is aimed towards Zyox. "this community can't even set a def limit to itself" I'm not sure if you're referring to the Pure World, or Pure Warfare if you're referring to the latter. Then no, we cannot, it's not up to us to set it it's directly up to the leaders of the clans. As I said about DDoSing, if we stopped a clan posting here because of their defence they'd still continue to accept defence and still take part in weekend trips against other clans.

All of this has gone way too far now and it is completely out of PW's control. The only ones that can have any effect is the clan leaders. It's all on them to start to punish people who DDoS, hack, etc. If you want honour back it's also down to the clan leaders to enforce that too and punish miscreants.

None of you wanted to hear that, but Pure Warfare can do nothing, we've tried and failed because the clans don't care. It's only certain individuals that give a damn and that isn't enough to bring change.

Your completely wrong. You can change it. Don't let them post. Plain and simple. Yeah it cuts down your sites activity, but its people participating in seemingly illegal measures to benefit in a game.

Do nothing and everyone remembers you as ******* when this community dies. Do something and fail and everyone remembers you at least tried. Do something in the face of failure and achieve even alittle bit of success and your the communities champion.

MM was banned from these boards for doing something in game you disliked. Remove their ban would be a step in teh right direction to restoring this community.

Then as an Admin of these boards have a round table discussion with clan leaders. Talk about a collective repeal in order to focus on better things that have been mentioned.

You can only do as much as your willing to do. If your not willing to do anything so be it.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png

Your completely wrong. You can change it. Don't let them post. Plain and simple. Yeah it cuts down your sites activity, but its people participating in seemingly illegal measures to benefit in a game.

Do nothing and everyone remembers you as ******* when this community dies. Do something and fail and everyone remembers you at least tried. Do something in the face of failure and achieve even alittle bit of success and your the communities champion.

MM was banned from these boards for doing something in game you disliked. Remove their ban would be a step in teh right direction to restoring this community.

Then as an Admin of these boards have a round table discussion with clan leaders. Talk about a collective repeal in order to focus on better things that have been mentioned.

You can only do as much as your willing to do. If your not willing to do anything so be it.

We can't do anything, whatever action we take won't change what clans are doing. So what's the point in taking action? You are the one that's wrong and completely illogical. We've tried many many times and nothing has happened because the bottom line is all clans need to agree, if one doesn't, things won't change.

MM was banned for ruining one of OUR events, so that directly involved us and action was taken against them. Unbanning them is in discussion currently.

As an Admin on these boards all I can do is talk to Clan Leaders and try to direct them, the rest is up to them. I can't enforce clans to change I don't have that authority.

"You can only do as much as your willing to do. If your not willing to do anything so be it."

Speak to any clan leader you know about the numerous topics I've created in the Clan leader section discussing defence, DDoSing, etc. I've been more than willing to help the situation but like I said. I cannot enforce change.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Sure doing something might not change anything, but also not doing anything will not change anything. CP go out of their way to post a topic on your boards saying they engaged in an illegal activity and if you delete their post they will target you, despite the obv exaggeration of that last bit you just say nothing.

I'd rather be a part of a community with a backbone, such young dreams of somewhere where things would be different. Its a shame.

All these topics are ironic because "My last ditch of effort topic" from 2010(which is still pinned), which was made in the clan leader section AFTER me making topics about Defence and "honor/honour" in 09. This same stuff has been going on forver, it's really nothing new.

I've done what i've could, there's really no power outside of Pure-Warfare to change how you play ingame... well there's the exceptions if your clan is dependant on here and arn't able to post (unlike MM), you usually end up slumping. I have been on that logic since the day this site opened, and on PC beforehand, but they couldn't handle that either.

Karl and I arn't your leader's leader, and we arn't your leader. We help run a site for you all to get together. You don't see us doing anything other than that.

I've made these past few topics, and a topic on my forums that helped spike the thought on "what is the problem?" for my real last ditch of effort... in 2012(2 years later.) Because now I can sit here and say I've really done more than I could and it is 1000x more than most people on here. Now I sit, laugh and don't care.

If you guys really want a community to do all your work that covers your members, then you're at the wrong place. You're better off going down to Pc and handing out your IP to those great admins and having them save the pure world. :thumbsup:

kind of an unfair shot at sefket. but yeah

i'd rather see you do something then nothing but hey if your already worn out from trying and feeling its a waste of time nothing I can do.

@karl - theres nothing irrational about banning a clan off the forums for a public hacking or ddosing threat.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png

Been trying to tell a bunch of people the same thing but they never listen :confused:

IRC Nick - [Derrick] Or [sI13]

Msg me On IRC if you need Help

tumblr_m1ntf75gDk1r91c75.gif

silent-1.png

i'd rather see you do something then nothing but hey if your already worn out from trying and feeling its a waste of time nothing I can do.

@karl - theres nothing irrational about banning a clan off the forums for a public hacking or ddosing threat.

We've gone above an beyond to try and change the way people play this game and nothing has ever happened. We can only suggest, not enforce.

Banning a clan for an individuals action will not happen, ever. If one person from Foe DDoSes, I wouldn't ban the whole of Foe, I'd ban the individual, simply because one person does not represent an entire clan.

/End.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Banning a clan for an individuals action will not happen, ever. If one person from Foe DDoSes, I wouldn't ban the whole of Foe, I'd ban the individual, simply because one person does not represent an entire clan.

/End.

Its banning for not taking any action against the individual. The Clan can only be blamed if they don't take a stance against it. Can't control some retard sending out phish links, I agree. Also the leader can't be blamed for his first off action. What they can control however is allowing the person to associate with the clan. If they want to harbour someone doing illegal ****, they should lose their right to post. Plain and simple.

Its all about how much you want to do or involve yourself. If you have already given up, then yeah.

Edit: We had a situation in FOE with a dude getting in who had hacked and scammed people in his previous clan. He got in because he was close friends with the High Council of the FOE. If losing your PW eligibility was on the table the fruitcake wouldn't of got past the door, similarly to how a kid who scammed TLP members was told not till you pay **** back because he didn't know any of the higher ups.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png

/End.

Its banning for not taking any action against the individual. The Clan can only be blamed if they don't take a stance against it. Can't control some retard sending out phish links, I agree. Also the leader can't be blamed for his first off action. What they can control however is allowing the person to associate with the clan. If they want to harbour someone doing illegal ****, they should lose their right to post. Plain and simple.

Its all about how much you want to do or involve yourself. If you have already given up, then yeah.

I haven't given up I still want things to change. But I don't want to drag PW in to it and become a target for attacks. So we won't take action against clans for things that happen outside of PW, we've always said that from day 1. As for clans allowing people to be associated with them, they could easily say "We kicked him" when really, he's on another account, hiding behind the scenes and still continuing to follow through with illegal actions. Yes, for those of you that don't know, DDoSing is highly illegal.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Edit: We had a situation in FOE with a dude getting in who had hacked and scammed people in his previous clan. He got in because he was close friends with the High Council of the FOE. If losing your PW eligibility was on the table the fruitcake wouldn't of got past the door, similarly to how a kid who scammed TLP members was told not till you pay **** back because he didn't know any of the higher ups.

Perhaps not, but it's not up to us to control clans. We're here as a place for clans to communicate, we're not here to set rules on how you run your clans. That's entirely down to you.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

I guess I see why you don't want to do anything for fear of being the next target. Oh well. **** sucks. wish it was different

Yes it does suck, that's why most of us no longer play RS, or at least, don't clan anymore. People have started to take **** way too seriously lately.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

You don't want to do anything incase they might turn around and ddos you. What kind of a stance is that, pure cowardice.

You may not want to tell clans what they can and cannot do, however clans do not need to use this site, surely it would be a better policy to protect your users and integrity as a site to say well your members engage in illegal activity over a video game, that goes against what we stand for and if you wish to use the site you have to agree that it is unacceptable and do something about it.

Tbh I don't expect PW admins to do anything because they "don't play rs" so they wouldn't know what it's like in this day and age. They don't want to adress issues that involves this community but yet they want to create events for the community. Idk what's worst creating events for a community they don't care about or doing completely nothing about it.